Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Employees at the Hospital Should actually GET TO WORK.

ยซ1
I reported on the official bug forum (as I thought it was a bug) that my NPC employees at the hospital were not doing their jobs. All the exam beds would be filled, patients would line up waiting to be seen... but my sim, the one I was controlling, was the only one dealing with the patients in any way.

I was told that the game is working as it should, and that the Sim I am controlling will be the only Sim actually caring for patients.

I understand the idea behind this: The player needs to get to experience the career and have NPCS taking over.

But, I feel that NPC employees could actually admit Sims to beds and actually care for patients to a degree. The NPC Employees could work on two patients and then have a cool-down period so I, the player, would not be out of work, as it where.

As the game is now, it feels overwhelming and I don't want to be the only one working with patients. Have the Secretary call an orderly over to admit a patient once in awhile, have an NPC doctor care for a patient in bed one, while I'm controlling a sim and helping the patient in bed 5.

How does everyone else feel about this? Should NPC Employees "GET TO WORK"?

Comments

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They're useless as TS3's Ambitions. You'd think a sequel would improve upon it, but no.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought the same thing. Playing the hospital career I was like,"Hello, a little help here? Anybody?" Freaking swamped with patients, plus clean-up duties and tests and journals, and the coworkers are just twiddling their thumbs (so-to-speak). It felt very overwhelming.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yeah. I guess it creates the sense of overwhelm in a typical American clinic pretty well. >.>

At the very least, I think lowering the frequency of new patients coming in and having a cap. Having more come in than there are beds is kind of silly, especially when no one shows them to seats or anything. They just stand there and wait, while the front desk clerk sits on the phone or the computer.

Thing is, I can look past unforgiving mechanics if they match the rest of the game, but the doctor career doesn't match the balance of the scientist and detective career. Neither of the other two have you losing work performance in the middle of an active day if you're too slow at completing something that isn't even technically the main displayed objective - fully curing patients en masse. It's a strange thing, considering how most of the game is structured. At some of the higher levels, you can complete work objectives at a strong pace and still lose work performance because patients leave.

That's a pretty big oversight to me.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    A billion times yes! I agree, there's no balance when the doctor has to run around and do practically everything. The nurse or orderly should check the patients into available exam beds. Perhaps even take the patients over to the exam equipment, and then the doctor has to "decipher results" on the computer before treating the patient. Having the orderlies & nurses stand there, and do nothing but socialize and take selfies ruined most of the enjoyment I had for the career.

They really blew it when they came to implementing this career. It's ridiculous.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think It's accurate...

Has it occurred to anyone that they don't have a degree?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • leena3leena3 Posts: 31 Member
    :D Such an apt description of nurses in the Hospital! As @AFeazy said: " they are just twiddling their thumbs"!
    I really hope EA could fix the game!
  • CptJayneCptJayne Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Cabelle1863 said:
    > A billion times yes! I agree, there's no balance when the doctor has to run around and do practically everything. The nurse or orderly should check the patients into available exam beds. Perhaps even take the patients over to the exam equipment, and then the doctor has to "decipher results" on the computer before treating the patient. Having the orderlies & nurses stand there, and do nothing but socialize and take selfies ruined most of the enjoyment I had for the career.
    >
    > They really blew it when they came to implementing this career. It's ridiculous.

This! The only time I know I have functional help is when the orderly mops puddles. But some sort of NPC tasking would help. Nurses admit to bed, Orderlies mop and repair. There were functioning doctors when I was low and doing all the grunt work, why can't I get a little help when I'm running the place? At least allow the option to order co-workers like in the Science profession. I struggle to keep "good" relationships with my co-workers seeing as I'm regularly insulting their work ethic to get them out of my exam rooms instead of chatting up the patients or each other.

And I think @MasonGamer has a valid point, no one has a degree, maybe it'll be something to EP someday?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    on this i fully agree
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes I totally agree. It needs to act more like a hospital. Also shouldn't patients in the waiting room sit down instead of standing crowded around.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    This is why I have never played the doctor career again after the first time I tried it which really sucks because I would love to play as a doctor. I just don't want my Sim to be the only one doing anything work-related. Come on devs, you can surely improve this!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • KymarKymar Posts: 29 Member
    Yeah, I feel like they could make it so that, maybe, two of the beds can be used by the player, while patients in the other beds will be treated by NPCs. If NPCs treat one patient before admitting the next, then it would be less overwhelming for the player, without taking away all our work
  • KymarKymar Posts: 29 Member
    ...and, can I just ask what "plum" means? I keep seeing it everywhere
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Your not allowed to curse so the P word is used.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Agree. The fact that I am the only one doing something and patients just keep gathering at the reception desk without anyone attending to them is the reason I tend to avoid medical career.
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    Back to playing the game and this is still an issue. No response from Maxis. A modder looked at the core files and they believed Maxis intended to allow NPC Employees to work, but, scrapped that mechanic for some reason. I sure would like a response on this.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    In 2017 we still have this problem. I had 3 NPC's in the hospital when i worked there. They just stood around and the doctor just worked on the computer. NEVER playing as a doctor again. The other jobs work fine for me though.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I really wish someone would fix this. It's way to exhausting to play as a doctor. For some reason in my current game all of the hospital staff is vampires. Yeah, right, that sounds like a great idea. I don't know if it was luck of the draw, but it's kind of funny but annoying.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    should have fixed staff as well, its weird sims that were doctor today become orderly next day.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've never made it through the doctor career or the detective one, but scientists work pretty well(sometimes they are on the machines you need) and detectives seem to be doing something as they are always on computers. Doctors can be frustrating. I tried it once and it was annoying because I felt like I needed to do everything and couldn't. Once the NPC just stood there and wouldn't move and I couldn't get to the patient to treat them.
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    at the bare minimum can the orderly at least clean up the garbage?
  • lizardQWEENlizardQWEEN Posts: 1 New Member
    This ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ career gives me headaches......like when you just start, there is head doctor who do all the important stuff like really making diagnoses, some nurses who will feed sims, check on them and do beds and there is you, whos job is to clean ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ and do some tests. But as soon as your sim gets to the actual doctoring tasks BAM nobody working =_= i've got whicked woohoo installed and, oh brother, its like Gray Anatomy ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ in my hospital. Im really getting mad on this.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    It'll never happen. The best we can hope for is a modder will come along and add this. Playing as a doctor is seriously boring, the place is dull and lifeless. Nothing ever happens.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    It sure would make that career feel a little less overwhelming. Maybe, if they can't make the NPC's get to work, they could tone down the number of patients that end up at a hospital. I hate working that career and feeling like I'm failing all my sims by letting them run around sick.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Rooky101Rooky101 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes! Or if they really can't make the other staff work, get them out of the way! My Sim struggles to treat some of the patients because other staff are just standing around their beds and talking to them. Seriously annoying! :D