Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Error. Requires missing expansion pack"

Free store content that came with Pets and Showime, now says "Error. Requires missing expansion pack" when I try to install, even though I have all EP's installed since last spring when I changed my PC. I just wanted to start up a fresh vanilla game, so I renamed my old folder and reinstalled all my store content (= a lot, I almost own the store).
The items are Graham's Pet Shop, Atomic Age Pets Registration gifts, IAMS Pet Starter Kit and Freestyle DJ Booth. I've tried redownloading them from my store account, but the same message pops up. Closing and reopening the game didn't work either.
Could it be this dang 1.69 update? I can't install some CC .simspack files neither, it says my store content isn't patched enough....
Could someone please help me out?
NymlADp.jpg

Comments

• TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    In Launcher, you need to go under "Expansions and Stuffs" and make sure Pets and Showtime are marked.
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TheStarlightSimm They are, it was the first thing I checked. and the animals still show up, and one if my sims is still a magician with opportunities and job offers... I'm starting over again..;
    NymlADp.jpg
  • TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @TheStarlightSimm They are, it was the first thing I checked. and the animals still show up, and one if my sims is still a magician with opportunities and job offers... I'm starting over again..;

I'm also running on 1.69 update and those items work normally for me. I really do not know what could it be :neutral::neutral:
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    @jillbg Hi there, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you ever managed to fix this issue as I'm having the same problems?
    Thanks. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • roonilxwaslibroonilxwaslib Posts: 4 New Member
    I know this is along dead thread, but since I ran into the same problem today and this page came up in my search, I thought I'd share the fix that worked for me:

You need to make sure the box next to Pets in the "Expansions & Stuff" section is checked as Active. For some reason, my launcher unchecked all my expansions after I started downloading content, which resulted in that annoying error message when I tried to download the Pets items.