Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    Be careful if a child is using the toy oven and they grow up the muffin will forever be stuck in there unless you can direct another child to get it. Oh and they can burn them and other age groups can eat them :o Im going to open up a muffin and lemonade cafe for children !!!

I totally forgot about the stuck muffins. I was really bad for forgetting them In there. I think I might start using it again though. I actually forgot it existed. There are so many things in the game that I just forgot they there.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Be careful if a child is using the toy oven and they grow up the muffin will forever be stuck in there unless you can direct another child to get it. Oh and they can burn them and other age groups can eat them :o Im going to open up a muffin and lemonade cafe for children !!!

I totally forgot about the stuck muffins. I was really bad for forgetting them In there. I think I might start using it again though. I actually forgot it existed. There are so many things in the game that I just forgot they there.

Lol I forgot about a muffin once and thank goodness a fire didn't happen XD !Also with the kitchen and bath stuff pack it gives you a few more colors to choose from :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Simeggrolls

what a fantastic list I had no idea about most of them lol and the comment about the child using the toy oven made me remove mine away from my child for now as I am not a long time player of Sims 2 and constantly worry about the many ways my sims can die or get stuck..

I had no clue about cookies and Santa I am defo going to try that one out........

@lisamwitt the first time I put an Xmas tree in the house I did actually put a sprinkler above it as I read about how they can catch fire easily..and also above the train kids play with as I read they can die easily from that as well..

I love my Sim families and do not like things to happen to them that is beyond my control, in sims 3 its easy just to put death flowers in sims inventories to save them from dying but in Sims 2 I have the grim reaper phone installed somewhere in the house and although I have not had to use it yet I am constantly aware their lives seem much more precarious...
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Simeggrolls

what a fantastic list I had no idea about most of them lol and the comment about the child using the toy oven made me remove mine away from my child for now as I am not a long time player of Sims 2 and constantly worry about the many ways my sims can die or get stuck..

I had no clue about cookies and Santa I am defo going to try that one out........

@lisamwitt the first time I put an Xmas tree in the house I did actually put a sprinkler above it as I read about how they can catch fire easily..and also above the train kids play with as I read they can die easily from that as well..

I love my Sim families and do not like things to happen to them that is beyond my control, in sims 3 its easy just to put death flowers in sims inventories to save them from dying but in Sims 2 I have the grim reaper phone installed somewhere in the house and although I have not had to use it yet I am constantly aware their lives seem much more precarious...

The oven is safe as long as your sim doesn't grow up to be a teen while using it but if there's another child sibling in the house they can get it out :) it helps their cooking skills also :smiley:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Simeggrolls

The many currently unknown to me quirks of Sims 2 game-play lol -) Honestly I cant imagine anything worse than my toddler/child getting stuck or going up in flames and me not being able to do anything about it-)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Simeggrolls

The many currently unknown to me quirks of Sims 2 game-play lol -) Honestly I cant imagine anything worse than my toddler/child getting stuck or going up in flames and me not being able to do anything about it-)

Lol true ! You'll be okay :hushed:
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I discovered today that when your sim makes a Sir Bricks A Lot from the toy making table, they can pet it and teach it a trick. They "teach" the brick to "stand up". :D
    It's totally something I'd do if I had a brick with a face on it irl.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I discovered today that when your sim makes a Sir Bricks A Lot from the toy making table, they can pet it and teach it a trick. They "teach" the brick to "stand up". :D
    It's totally something I'd do if I had a brick with a face on it irl.

I love that trick :lol: so funny.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    If you were to use debug cheats (boolProp testingcheatsenabled true) NEVER leave them on for a long time, since it can corrupt your game.
    When will my reflection show?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    PikminW wrote: »
    If you were to use debug cheats (boolProp testingcheatsenabled true) NEVER leave them on for a long time, since it can corrupt your game.

How did it get corrupt? I've been turing the cheat on and leaving it on for hours for years now. No known corruption yet. And I mean hours. I lack a real life. :p
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    the Muffins don't go bad, either. I love having kids make muffins for pregnant Sims.

There's the Bakery case to store food that keeps the food fresh- they can keep it there and I pull it out when I need it fast. Also, I've seen uncontrolled Sims reach in the case and grab a plate of food. I like this more than the fridge since I can't open the fridge and I'm never sure what's in there. :)
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    PikminW wrote: »

How did it get corrupt? I've been turing the cheat on and leaving it on for hours for years now. No known corruption yet. And I mean hours. I lack a real life. :p
    I would warn everyone not to use the boolprop cheat or be prepared to accept the consequences.
    I used the boolprop cheat to change Lifetime Wants for my Pleasant Family and despite turning it off as soon as I had made the changes and deleting the 'baby', the lot was wasted and Daniel spontaneously combusted into flames as well as other unusual activity with regard to skill building. I deleted the lot and the family and started to play others in that neighbourhood.
    Lifetime Wants were totally messed up e.g. Knowledge Sims Lifetime Want to have 20 Loves! ;)
    I checked out the Maxis neighbourhoods and they were totally messed up too.
    I decided to do a complete reinstall and never again use boolprop.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm loving reading all these "Did you knows?" :) It's inspired me to redownload the Ultimate Collection! I really hope some of these cute little details make it into TS4 some day... It's been a while since I played TS2 so I can't really contribute anything yet, but I do remember that I used to await the arrival of the penguin in winter - loved that little guy :D
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I found some beds for saving space in small apartments shared be couples.I downloaded CC bunkbeds to fix the bed issues.
    25459035393_45513b18fd_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @TadOlson
    I think it's great you have bunk beds in Sims2! :)
    Personally (being a bit of a control freak!), I would love to reorganise these apartments to improve the layout and increase the space e.g. why is a bed and a breakfast bar in the same room?
    Is this a pre-made Apartment complex - I don't seem to recognise it?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I use cheats all the time. But, as said, there is the possibility of corruption, and it's pretty random. I always save before using any. And there are some cheats you should never use. They are there, but were intended for the coders and will definitely corrupt your game. There's a pretty comprehensive list of what is safe and what isn't on the Sims wiki.
    My favorite (besides max motives and force twins) is spawn tombstone of life and death. I often use it to make lesbian couples have their own baby.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AlexPazAlexPaz Posts: 143 Member
    I rarely play the sims 2 but reading this stuff I just can't believe all the stuff I missed out on! Like the toddler sleeping in the pet bed I need to go into game and get screenshots now! That's sounds so cute.
    Ohh yea, you gotta get schwifty
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    > @Stormy_Winters said:
    > Male child sims have music playing while they use the bathroom :D

THAT explains it!!! Thank you! I couldn't figure out where music was coming from sometimes and WHY!!!! I have three male children (well, OK, one child, one toddler, and one baby, and there's a fourth baby on the way, and if it's not a girl this time, I'm getting my female Sim pregnant AGAIN, and will keep doing so until she has a girl!!!).
    > @Misscow1P said:
    > Toddlers can "huggle" each other and pets. I always hated toddlers in TS3 because they couldn't do anything. Now that I'm playing TS2 again, there's magic in every age group :)
    >
    > Also never hire a nanny. Sometimes she doesn't leave, and then another nanny will come while she's still there to pick up the next shift. I got rid of the nannies by hiring a butler and making him dismiss all other workers. (Also in general, hire a butler. He can do everything so much better than everyone else.)

I only get one nanny, and I just had an issue where she got stuck (but thankfully got some great help from people on this board and got rid of her). How do you get a butler? Also, I keep reading about seasons and restaurants. Where are these options in the game???
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @LadysimPlayer8 -I built that as a boarding house and I've made tons of other apartment complexes for Sims 2.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    How do you get a butler? Also, I keep reading about seasons and restaurants. Where are these options in the game???
    You need Apartment Life to hire a butler - the butler does everything - all repairs, gardening, cleaning, cooking and taking care of the babies.
    Use the phone under "Services" for the list and select. The Service will advise you of the cost.
    The list includes Adoption Services and you can adopt a baby, toddler or child - sometime handy if the Lifetime Want is Have or Marry Off 6 Children. It is also less of a drain on the Sim mother! :)
    You need the Sims2 Season Expansion Pack for season - this is an excellent expansion pack with loads of furniture, weather and allows you to place unused food back in the fridge for leftovers that can be eaten by children and great for expectant mothers who are absolutely starving and would pass out whilst waiting for the food to cook! :(
    You need Night Life for Restaurants and a downtown area - again this is a great expansion pack - fun for your Sims and includes dating and outings as well as cars to take you to Community Lots.
    Hope this helps?
    > @LadysimPlayer8 said:
    > SataiDelennn wrote: »
    >
    > How do you get a butler? Also, I keep reading about seasons and restaurants. Where are these options in the game???
    >
    >
    >
    > You need Apartment Life to hire a butler - the butler does everything - all repairs, gardening, cleaning, cooking and taking care of the babies.
    > Use the phone under "Services" for the list and select. The Service will advise you of the cost.
    > The list includes Adoption Services and you can adopt a baby, toddler or child - sometime handy if the Lifetime Want is Have or Marry Off 6 Children. It is also less of a drain on the Sim mother! :)
    > You need the Sims2 Season Expansion Pack for season - this is an excellent expansion pack with loads of furniture, weather and allows you to place unused food back in the fridge for leftovers that can be eaten by children and great for expectant mothers who are absolutely starving and would pass out whilst waiting for the food to cook! :(
    > You need Night Life for Restaurants and a downtown area - again this is a great expansion pack - fun for your Sims and includes dating and outings as well as cars to take you to Community Lots.
    > Hope this helps?

@LadysimPlayer8: Yes, that is helpful, thanks! Since the game is so old though, I am guessing it's not possible to buy the Seasons or Nightlife? I don't want the Apartment Life. The regular game is more than enough for me to handle, lol. Yeah, I can understand the adoption being helpful over continuously getting the Sim pregnant. Joan just had her fifth and LAST baby! She got the girl I wanted for her! Lol. Her only major aspiration was just continuously having babies, but even if that pops up again, too bad, she's done! Lol.

Regarding the butler, they should have included that in the list of services for the regular game if the family/Sim(s) was rich enough!
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    > @LadysimPlayer8 said:
    > SataiDelennn wrote: »
    >
    > How do you get a butler? Also, I keep reading about seasons and restaurants. Where are these options in the game???
    >
    >
    >
    > You need Apartment Life to hire a butler - the butler does everything - all repairs, gardening, cleaning, cooking and taking care of the babies.
    > Use the phone under "Services" for the list and select. The Service will advise you of the cost.
    > The list includes Adoption Services and you can adopt a baby, toddler or child - sometime handy if the Lifetime Want is Have or Marry Off 6 Children. It is also less of a drain on the Sim mother! :)
    > You need the Sims2 Season Expansion Pack for season - this is an excellent expansion pack with loads of furniture, weather and allows you to place unused food back in the fridge for leftovers that can be eaten by children and great for expectant mothers who are absolutely starving and would pass out whilst waiting for the food to cook! :(
    > You need Night Life for Restaurants and a downtown area - again this is a great expansion pack - fun for your Sims and includes dating and outings as well as cars to take you to Community Lots.
    > Hope this helps?

@LadysimPlayer8: Yes, that is helpful, thanks! Since the game is so old though, I am guessing it's not possible to buy the Seasons or Nightlife? I don't want the Apartment Life. The regular game is more than enough for me to handle, lol. Yeah, I can understand the adoption being helpful over continuously getting the Sim pregnant. Joan just had her fifth and LAST baby! She got the girl I wanted for her! Lol. Her only major aspiration was just continuously having babies, but even if that pops up again, too bad, she's done! Lol.

Regarding the butler, they should have included that in the list of services for the regular game if the family/Sim(s) was rich enough!

It is, however, possible to get the Ultimate Collection, for free, which has everything. You may have to contact customer service a few times to get someone who is willing to help, but it is possible:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

Congratulations on finally getting a baby girl for your sim :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q but is it only available as a download, or will they send me a disc? I've been reading on these boards that everyone has to play online? This is not what I want. I want to be able to play offline like I'm currently doing with the Sims2.
  • RedHoneySkyRedHoneySky Posts: 105 Member
    @SataiDelennn They will give you the code to download on Origin. There is NO disc for the Ultimate Collection. You are able to play it offline.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top