Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I just learned if you forget to feed your cat, they will eat your flowers from and flower bed.

Be glad it was flowers, I forgot to feed my cat and she ate the bird! :o

Be glad it was the bird! If there's not flowers or birds or other things, the police come and take the pet away for neglect. Got the warning for that way too often due to pets deciding that playing was more important than their hunger bar.......
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Last night I discovered that if you toggle neighborhood roads off, every time you switch lots you have to re-enter the cheat... *Sigh*
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2017
    Last night I discovered that if you toggle neighborhood roads off, every time you switch lots you have to re-enter the cheat... *Sigh*

There's a way to make cheats stick even when restarting the game or even switch lots. Gotta look it up again because I do have boolProp enabled forever in my game because of it.
    Lift me up - Let me go
    Godlike wrote: »

There's a way to make cheats stick even when restarting the game or even switch lots. Gotta look it up again because I do have boolProp enabled forever in my game because of it.

Yeah that's a startup cheat file, and I'd do it if I didn't want to be rid of roads for only one specific deserted island neighborhood... Ah well. :)
  • haleighreilly19haleighreilly19 Posts: 9 New Member
    This is really random but there is an advery for kids toys (In the UK) and the music in the background is the music from sims 2. I heard it and knew what it was straight away and then realised how much of my life i have been obsessed with sims to realise that an advert was using the music from TS2 lol
  • haleighreilly19haleighreilly19 Posts: 9 New Member
    Its also good to know that I am not the only one who still loves TS2. Its without a doubt my fave sims game - i have all the expansions. Sims 4 is good but I dont think it compares to sims 2. :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    omg, I just discovered (or maybe I forgot this one) Sims can perform on stage and Sims sitting in chairs (at tables) below the stage can watch and cheer ect. No matter what it is, microphone, guitar etc. I always thought this was impossible, but found out this week they can! I don't know when this changed but I stopped trying to make this happen years ago. But now they can with every pack installed, (I don't have any mods that would do this).

A few other things, I had no idea they would do autnomously. Sims sit down on the floor to read kid to sleep if there isn't a chair in room.' There is another one that just slipped my mind but I had not seen years ago. They also sit down on floor with legs crossed and it's something unusal interaction even if a chair is available, but it just went out of my head, lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    omg, I just discovered (or maybe I forgot this one) Sims can perform on stage and Sims sitting in chairs (at tables) below the stage can watch and cheer ect. No matter what it is, microphone, guitar etc. I always thought this was impossible, but found out this week they can! I don't know when this changed but I stopped trying to make this happen years ago. But now they can with every pack installed, (I don't have any mods that would do this).

A few other things, I had no idea they would do autnomously. Sims sit down on the floor to read kid to sleep if there isn't a chair in room.' There is another one that just slipped my mind but I had not seen years ago. They also sit down on floor with legs crossed and it's something unusal interaction even if a chair is available, but it just went out of my head, lol.

I love the reactions. My sim got booed last time she sang. To be fair she wasn’t the best!

I didn’t know sims could sit on chairs to read to sleep! Mine have always sat on the floor.
    edited December 2017

I love the reactions. My sim got booed last time she sang. To be fair she wasn’t the best!

I didn’t know sims could sit on chairs to read to sleep! Mine have always sat on the floor.

I might have forgot but not seen it before, I don't think. I might have it mixed up with TS3 where you can put a rocker near the bed etc. (?)

ETA: I was surprised they could see someone on stage because TS2 treats stages as separate rooms so that was a surprise and it never worked before but worked in a Maxis lot (Coffee Drip) lot that was in Bella Cove I put in my own hood. And put instruments and mic on that stage instead of microphone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited December 2017

They sit on the floor with their legs crossed when they write in the diary. That's the only one I can think of.

They sit on the floor with their legs crossed when they write in the diary. That's the only one I can think of.

No, it was something else but it slipped my mind. It's a pain getting old. Literally. :D

No, it was something else but it slipped my mind. It's a pain getting old. Literally. :D

Is it maybe when they hang out? Sometimes they sit on the floor cross legged to do that.

Is it maybe when they hang out? Sometimes they sit on the floor cross legged to do that.

Nope, lol. I might think of it in a month or so...it was so unusal I didn't epxect it. Then I came here to mention it, got interrupted on the way and it went right out of my head. lol

Nope, lol. I might think of it in a month or so...it was so unusal I didn't epxect it. Then I came here to mention it, got interrupted on the way and it went right out of my head. lol

I hate that! It will come back to you!

Don't I know it. I used to be able to sit on the floor with my legs crossed, but not anymore.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    I know of a few things, mostly about the personality traits:

1. In build mode when you build a foundation, the top of the sub floor shows footprints.

2. Sloppy Sims can eat out of the trash, gobble food, pee in the shower, and take sponge baths in a sink.

3. Outgoing Sims can talk to statues, get in a hot tub naked and then forget to put clothes back on when they get out, can pee on a bush if bladder is low, and they brag more about good memories.

4. Grouchy Sims can steal newspapers, kick over trash cans, spy on a neighbor with a telescope, taunt other Sims, and can make grouchy snowmen. (Seasons EP)

5. Teens can runaway if they have low daily relationships with the household, but they return the day before they age into adults.

I finally saw it again after I stopped hanging in bodyshop and started playing again. The Sim bought a drink from vending machine and instead of going to a seat, she sat on floor, legs crossed to drink her drink. I didn't know they did that, because there were some chairs and a bench not that far away. (same room).

I finally saw it again after I stopped hanging in bodyshop and started playing again. The Sim bought a drink from vending machine and instead of going to a seat, she sat on floor, legs crossed to drink her drink. I didn't know they did that, because there were some chairs and a bench not that far away. (same room).

I don't remember ever seeing them do that. Maybe it depends on their personality. I always made my sims serious so I could use the personality points for other things. I haven't played in a while, so now I'm curious to see if I can get one of mine to do it.

I don't remember ever seeing them do that. Maybe it depends on their personality. I always made my sims serious so I could use the personality points for other things. I haven't played in a while, so now I'm curious to see if I can get one of mine to do it.

Don't put any chairs in the room to test. Now, that I think about it, it might be a mod I have that makes them find better seating when they have any drink. Maybe that mod caused her to sit in the floor? The mod works like instead of sitting at dining table to drink coffee (at home) they find a better seat in living room etc. And will sit down if they fix a drink from home bars etc. instead of remaining standing. Maybe it did that and not a Maxis thing.
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    A lot of my preggers tend to have nightmares. They sit up and breath hard like they're scared. I've also noticed that some parents and older siblings (teen) will tuck in child Sims, that's really cute.
    kanorla wrote: »
    A lot of my preggers tend to have nightmares. They sit up and breath hard like they're scared. I've also noticed that some parents and older siblings (teen) will tuck in child Sims, that's really cute.

Low motives and aspiration failures cause night terrors. I once had a Sim who couldn't find any romance or partner, she went totally mad, it started with nightmares. lol Once the social bunny showed up to build up her social, she preferred to beat the snot out of him rather than talk to him/her. :D
    I haven't had a super neat child sim in so long that I'd forgotten they could autonomously clean... and will wake up in the middle of the night to do so once their energy bar is full. :)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    kanorla wrote: »

Low motives and aspiration failures cause night terrors. I once had a Sim who couldn't find any romance or partner, she went totally mad, it started with nightmares. lol Once the social bunny showed up to build up her social, she preferred to beat the snot out of him rather than talk to him/her. :D

WOW. I need to let my Sims be less than perfect more...
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I haven't had a super neat child sim in so long that I'd forgotten they could autonomously clean... and will wake up in the middle of the night to do so once their energy bar is full. :)

I love it when they start washing windows! :D Neat freaks...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I knew dogs would bark at the mirror... but this is the first time I had a full length mirror with Pets. Poor Webster was laughed at while he played with his reflection. :lol:
    Bad Elizabeth Chance. :(

X8PDpme.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top