Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Today I learned that the counterfeit simolia machine can catch on fire!

:D You can also get busted by the cops. They will take it :joy:
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    What? I didn't know that. Put the dang thing right in the front yard. *laughs*
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I just discovered that you can get restaurant coupons in the mail! Not that the town I'm playing has a restaurant yet...

I used to love that, my Sims haven't gotten coupons in years. And love letters. :'(

I love it too! My Sim got one for not eating- she didn't have the money and she skipped out of the bill... then the next day she received a coupon. I giggled. They felt bad for her. :lol:
    Today I learned that the counterfeit simolia machine can catch on fire!
    OMG- Yes! And cops can come and shut it down. XD
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

OMG- Yes! And cops can come and shut it down. XD

The funny thing is that the family doesn't really need it. And the mom who purchased the machine can make around 700 for each of her paintings which takes less than a day to paint. I was just curious about the machine. I couldn't remember it so plopped it down in the front yard. After it caught on fire (many thanks to the firefighters who came to put it out and didn't call the cops), she did one sessions and got just 178 simolias. So I don't think it's worth hurting the family's reputation. I suspect the machine will go away next go round.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I don't remember ever getting a parrot so one of my Sims wanted to buy a bird cage. So she did and "stocked it". Again, this seems new to me (but honestly, with my memory, EVERYTHING is new to me!). The family got a parrot and I learned that the mom could teach it to talk. She did. Then the child talked to it and earned a charisma point! I had no idea! Now her the Perry talk all the time!
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I don't remember ever getting a parrot so one of my Sims wanted to buy a bird cage. So she did and "stocked it". Again, this seems knew to me (but honestly, with my memory, EVERYTHING is new to me!). The family got a parrot and I learned that the mom could teach it to talk. She did. Then the child talked to it and earned a charisma point! I had no idea! Now her the Perry talk all the time!

:p OMG I didn't know that either! I'm gonna check that out too! LMAO!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I just discovered my Toddlers can influence Sims to do their bidding...

"What is it little Sim? I'm busy cleaning up your parent's messes." Remington
    "La-lu la-lu!" Ferb
    q12PFm4.jpg

"Well sure. I can do that, too." Remington
    m4etegT.jpg

Off he goes to work on the plants, too... Hm, Useful! :lol:
    CuN8ZjS.jpg

I'm like "Remington!" LMAO! I forgot he was a EA Sim not a Sim I created! LOL! I'm like "That's Jessica Catelli's husband, what's he doing there"

OMG too funny. I haven't played 3 in months and months. I'm just expanding on 2- so much yet to do. I did two experiences I wanted to which was a huge department store sized toy store (started off as a mom and pop in 2005 lol) and a car lot place. Got both done. Working on a 7 story apartment city building today I think. It's fall, day off, cloudy, perfect day for building.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't remember ever getting a parrot so one of my Sims wanted to buy a bird cage. So she did and "stocked it". Again, this seems new to me (but honestly, with my memory, EVERYTHING is new to me!). The family got a parrot and I learned that the mom could teach it to talk. She did. Then the child talked to it and earned a charisma point! I had no idea! Now her the Perry talk all the time!

That's how I would have my Sims build charisma, especially if their predestined hobby was nature. What I don't like is how energy and hygiene drop so quickly. How much physical activity do you burn by talking to a bird?! Is it throwing stuff at you to get you so dirty? :o
    I've always found it a little difficult to keep that plum bird alive though. I swear the cage would always need to be cleaned right after everybody left for school/work and it would be dead by the time they got home. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    That's a bummer! The maid cleans the cage I think. They've only had Perry for a few days so hopefully he will be around for a while!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    That's a bummer! The maid cleans the cage I think. They've only had Perry for a few days so hopefully he will be around for a while!

Just don’t overfeed him. That’s how I think my sims parrot died. It did like to come out and fly about but with three cats I wasn’t sure it was the best of ideas.

Anmirla wrote: »

That's how I would have my Sims build charisma, especially if their predestined hobby was nature. What I don't like is how energy and hygiene drop so quickly. How much physical activity do you burn by talking to a bird?! Is it throwing stuff at you to get you so dirty? :o
    I've always found it a little difficult to keep that plum bird alive though. I swear the cage would always need to be cleaned right after everybody left for school/work and it would be dead by the time they got home. :/

Cleaning is the associated hobby with nature, if your trying to build hobby enthusiasm for nature study cleaning. Come to think of it I’m not sure why, it’s just what my guide says. (I have a Nature Sim at the moment, she spends more time looking at birds then her family lol)
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Cleaning is the associated hobby with nature, if your trying to build hobby enthusiasm for nature study cleaning. Come to think of it I’m not sure why, it’s just what my guide says. (I have a Nature Sim at the moment, she spends more time looking at birds then her family lol)

Oh, you haven't discovered that some skills and hobbies cross over. I guess it would be more accurate to say it depends on the skill building object. ;)

Talking to the bird builds the charisma skill, but builds nature enthusiasm. Using the surgery station builds the mechanical skill, but builds science enthusiasm. The Execuputter builds charisma, but builds sports enthusiasm. There may be one or two more but I can't think of any right now.
    *Bowling builds body, but builds game enthusiasm.
    *Another kinda odd crossover would be mechanical is the skill to build the fishing badge faster, but nature is the hobby.

When my Sims have enough enthusiasm for membership to the science and sports lots, I will send them back and forth from there and home (using the energizer) to max both skills and hobby enthusiasm, basically freezing time on the home lot. (I especially do this with my Uni students.)

Here's a trick to take advantage of when on these lots (or at least the sports lot): If you send a Sim maxed in both skills, have another Sim working on skills ask for help on the skill building object. Without canceling the action in the queue, click on the other object and ask for help. The Sim will build both skills at the same time! :) I always do this on the sports lot after the Sim has piqued their fitness level, going from the punching bag to the execuputter to keep the Sim from losing hygiene as quickly.
    This actually works on home lots as well if you have more than one career reward (at least for many of them).
  • Options

Oh, I guess you haven't discovered that some skills and hobbies cross over. ;)

Talking to the bird builds the charisma skill, but builds nature enthusiasm. Using the surgery station builds the mechanical skill, but builds science enthusiasm. The Execuputter builds charisma, but builds sports enthusiasm. There may be one or two more but I can't think of any right now.
    *Bowling builds body, but builds game enthusiasm.
    *Another kinda odd crossover would be mechanical is the skill to build the fishing badge faster, but nature is the hobby.

When my Sims have enough enthusiasm for membership to the science and sports lots, I will send them back and forth from there and home (using the energizer) to max both skills and hobby enthusiasm, basically freezing time on the home lot. (I especially do this with my Uni students.)

Here's a trick to take advantage of when on these lots (or at least the sports lot): If you send a Sim maxed in both skills, have another Sim working on skills ask for help on the skill building object. Without canceling the action in the queue, click on the other object and ask for help. The Sim will build both skills at the same time! :) I always do this on the sports lot after the Sim has piqued their fitness level, going from the punching bag to the execuputter to keep the Sim from losing hygiene as quickly.
    This actually works on home lots as well if you have more than one career reward (at least for many of them).
    You are correct, that makes sense.

I wonder why charisma builds nature though... the examples above make sense. Charisma and nature? I can't see it, I have an active sim who has just aged up. I think she has 8 points in active in her personality and strangely enough her natural hobby isn't fitness or sports.

• Options
    edited November 2017

I wonder why charisma builds nature though... the examples above make sense. Charisma and nature? I can't see it, I have an active sim who has just aged up. I think she has 8 points in active in her personality and strangely enough her natural hobby isn't fitness or sports.

I think it's just because it's talking a bird - birds are nature. :D

Predestined hobby will usually be based on two traits, meaning not necessarily the strongest trait. Are there any other traits that are more than 5?
    Oh yeah, I've also had a few Sims that never triggered. :/

• Options

I think it's just because it's talking a bird - birds are nature. :D

Predestined hobby will usually be based on two traits, meaning not necessarily the strongest trait. Are there any other traits that are more than 5?
    Oh yeah, I've also had a few Sims that never triggered. :/

Playful and nice. She has two points in neat/sloppy which I hate. She's doing a lot of nature stuff on her own so maybe she's a nature sim just undeclared lol
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Playful and nice. She has two points in neat/sloppy which I hate. She's doing a lot of nature stuff on her own so maybe she's a nature sim just undeclared lol

Have you tried having her tell a story about art to a Sim? Arts & Crafts personality traits are sloppy and nice. Always look for two traits that are off center if you are using the chart from the Prima Guide - I keep those guides by my side as I play to reference enthusiasm, majors, jobs, etc.

• Options

Have you tried having her tell a story about art to a Sim? Arts & Crafts personality traits are sloppy and nice. Always look for two traits that are off center if you are using the chart from the Prima Guide - I keep those guides by my side as I play to reference enthusiasm, majors, jobs, etc.

Oh not yet! I will when she meets someone!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Yesterday I discovered that the "power networking" business perk doesn't do what I thought it did - I thought it was for doing the whole "secret networking" thing that gives you random free stuff or perks, but instead it's for meeting sims' aquaintances.

Oh well, my simself has to know everyone anyway. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    I just learned if you forget to feed your cat, they will eat your flowers from and flower bed.
  • Options
    I just learned if you forget to feed your cat, they will eat your flowers from and flower bed.

LOL poor kitty! :D I actually didn't know that. I guess I always feed my pets. **mumbles to self about terrible pet owners....** :joy:
  • Options
    :D I’m usually OCD about that. But their daughter went off to college, dad was getting his last skill point to reach the top of his career AND his LTW and the cat’s food bowl was in an area I had to move the camera angle around to see. lesson learned!
  • Options

Be glad it was flowers, I forgot to feed my cat and she ate the bird! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2017
    Okay it's not strictly a discovery, but today I saw for the first time what it looks like if a cat sleeps in that scratching tree/tower. It has an energy rating, so I knew that in theroy they should be able to sleep in there, but I've never seen a cat actually go in.

But today I was playing "Nebucatnipzar", an extremely intelligent alien breed whom I have therefore on player control instead of instinct driven free will. And, voila, upon clicking the tree the "sleep" command showed up and Nebucatnipzar curled up inside <3
  • Options

Be glad it was flowers, I forgot to feed my cat and she ate the bird! :o

LOL!!! OMG that is priceless! :joy: Now look what you did, I am going to have to try that out. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top