Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I discovered yesterday that once a neighborhood has had a burglary, the burglar can turn up to any OFB shop and buy things just like any other NPC! In full costume, no less...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I learned Bigfoot can't become a Werewolf or a PlantSim. I wish they'd have told my Bigfoot. He wants to be a PlantSim so bad the want hasn't left in a week. :(

:D:D:D I can only imagine Big Foot as a plant sim! Does he really have a want for that? That is hilarious!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I don' know if this is in the 400 odd posts already up, but noticed the other day that ghosts are in outerwear when the weather gets cold.
  • Options
    swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    ..the bbqbabes will initially shock witnesses causing waterworks but as soon as the tender victual is served every sim quaffs the yummy aroma and gobbles em down regardless of hunger needs.. (i need points apparently to become real ppl)
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I'm sure this has already been mentioned, however I just saw it in my game. I have been playing a single parent, well when he came home from work his little girl ran over to him and gave him a hug, Almost like she was excited to have him home. It was super cute, I like how this game is more family oriented than ts4
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    Make your home businesses a little more interesting by throwing around a few magazines for Sims to read. If you run a home business sometimes customers (who are bored) will pick up one of your mags and sit down and read, good for home beauty shop etc. ETA: The ones bought from the racks in stores work better for this rather than the free ones from FT.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    VanquisherVanquisher Posts: 6 New Member
    I've just recently learned that you can't have babies with bigfoot, but then again after all these years I've played bigfoot sims maybe 5 times total so no hard feelings lol
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I just found out Sims can't Stargaze/Cloud watch while it's raining. I know it makes sense but ... well, they did think to do it. Nice. :lol:

*I'm working on 10 in Science Enthusiasm, which I've not done before. I plan to have a Sim earn all the Hobby Enthusiasm. :lol:
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited October 2017
    I had a baby and toddler sleeping in the same room. The toddler woke up and started yelling her head off (her favorite activity apparently). The baby stayed asleep but dreamed about her sister and showed a dislike red line through her. Not sure if she didn't like the screaming or her sister. Regardless I thought it was funny that the baby was dreaming about this.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    Children and teens can also slide down stairs(spiral only I think) and dogs love to play with the water sprinklers(servos can short out). Kids and teens get embarrassed if they walk in on their parents woohooing lol

If only all the non-playable characters would respect privacy. The other day, my couple was woo whooing and one of those chef's came to invite my mom sim to the secret cooking location. Walked right into the bedroom! Fortunately, they were too busy to notice. *laughs*
  • Options
    I just found out Sims can't Stargaze/Cloud watch while it's raining. I know it makes sense but ... well, they did think to do it. Nice. :lol:

I didn't know that, but then again I don't normally send my sims to hang out in the rain. They always get sick :D
    *I'm working on 10 in Science Enthusiasm, which I've not done before. I plan to have a Sim earn all the Hobby Enthusiasm. :lol:

OMG that should be interesting! I wonder which ones he will be obsessed with once he learns them all.

Children and teens can also slide down stairs(spiral only I think) and dogs love to play with the water sprinklers(servos can short out). Kids and teens get embarrassed if they walk in on their parents woohooing lol

If only all the non-playable characters would respect privacy. The other day, my couple was woo whooing and one of those chef's came to invite my mom sim to the secret cooking location. Walked right into the bedroom! Fortunately, they were too busy to notice. *laughs*

Gah I hate those hobby people just barging in all the time. That was one thing this game did wrong IMO. Just mail me my invite dang it! I don't need you barging in to hand deliver it, even when the doors are locked...STALKERS!! :s
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    I've just discovered today that the mailbox can be recoloured! :smiley:

Did that come with Apartment Life or Mansion and Garden?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    I've just discovered today that the mailbox can be recoloured! :smiley:

Did that come with Apartment Life or Mansion and Garden?

I believe it came with Apartment Life. I had actually forgotten all about that until I saw recolors when looking for CC. I always end up recoloring mine. :D The trash can too.
  • Options
    I just discovered that you can get restaurant coupons in the mail! Not that the town I'm playing has a restaurant yet...
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I just discovered my Toddlers can influence Sims to do their bidding...

"What is it little Sim? I'm busy cleaning up your parent's messes." Remington
    "La-lu la-lu!" Ferb
    q12PFm4.jpg

"Well sure. I can do that, too." Remington
    m4etegT.jpg

Off he goes to work on the plants, too... Hm, Useful! :lol:
    CuN8ZjS.jpg

• Options
    I just discovered my Toddlers can influence Sims to do their bidding...

"What is it little Sim? I'm busy cleaning up your parent's messes." Remington
    "La-lu la-lu!" Ferb
    q12PFm4.jpg

"Well sure. I can do that, too." Remington
    m4etegT.jpg

Off he goes to work on the plants, too... Hm, Useful! :lol:
    CuN8ZjS.jpg

LOL! Sims the only place in which toddlers can boss around the maid. :joy:
  • Options
    Today’s discovery is that cats will do the “cat freak out” after they play with catnip mouse. Reminds me so much ch of my RL cats!
  • Options
    Today I learned that if you have a sim earn their invite to a hobby lot while at home behind a door that is locked to "household only" the hobby lot guy will come in anyway... and be stuck. XD

Also that deli-style stores are ludicrously unprofitable.
  • Options
    What do you mean by deli style? What are you selling?
  • Options
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    What do you mean by deli style? What are you selling?

Right now? Mostly plates of sandwiches. XD

I have a sim making group meals of sandwiches, or spaghetti, or occasionally fish, and putting the plates up for sale in those little freezer shelves. I've also got a totally useless seating area that customers don't actually use, but it looks cute.

Unfortunately, plated food goes for about $50 a plate, so there hasn't been much profit compared to the fact that I have this poor dude making food and running the register. (Though at least with the food at "cheap" it sells itself.)
  • Options
    I misread your post to say “profitable” instead of “unprofitable”. So I got excited. *laughs* I setup my first bakery last weekend. My level 10 cook is making baked goods to sell and after her first day, she’s in the red. I’m hoping things pickup soon! Her thieving husband is likely to get busted one of these days!
  • Options
    Today I learned that the counterfeit simolia machine can catch on fire!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top