Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    When a teen from the home hood goes to college, and you have the special event camera enabled, the closest family member to that teen is the one who has their arm around them when they arrive at their college house. Not too sure what determines who arrives first in a group though, any ideas? It's not alphabetical, nor who was the eldest in the home hood. I have had a teen go to college before who was accompanied by a relative not in the same household before, can't remember the circumstances. Any other variations anyone has had?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    When a teen from the home hood goes to college, and you have the special event camera enabled, the closest family member to that teen is the one who has their arm around them when they arrive at their college house. Not too sure what determines who arrives first in a group though, any ideas? It's not alphabetical, nor who was the eldest in the home hood. I have had a teen go to college before who was accompanied by a relative not in the same household before, can't remember the circumstances. Any other variations anyone has had?
    When I used the "send teens to college" button from the neighborhood, the first sim that I put in the household ended up being the first sim (and coincidentally was the first one alphabetically since that's the way the list is organized).
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    The last Sim I sent to college arrived by herself, even though her mother was alive and their relationship is high. I've only had that happen before when the parents were dead.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I learned that a Butler will call and order groceries if there are none left.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I learned that it not good idea to make a cleanbot it tends to get doors in places stuck. Just becareful while messing with that.
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    When I used the "send teens to college" button from the neighborhood, the first sim that I put in the household ended up being the first sim (and coincidentally was the first one alphabetically since that's the way the list is organized).

my most recent group I sent from the home hood had David Ottomas as the first arrival but he wasn't the first alphabetically. Also in the list was a Ng, Gavigan, Bruenig, Baity and Go who would have all been before him if it were going by surnames alphabetically, and an Alexander as a first name who would have gone before him if it were going by first names alphabetically. He was the youngest in the home hood of played teen sims, but not the youngest of all of them because some of them were townies who in the game if had've been played would start as fresh day one teens, so it didn't seem to go by age either. Might be just random eh.
    here's a thingy
    unplayed townies that you send to college, if they had bad aspiration levels in the home hood, they grow up on arrival at college with a 'grow up' aspiration, and so where the Fortune, Family, Knowledge etc aspiration icon would normally be, there's a child instead, like for children and toddlers, but all of them that I've sent have tended to have fulfilled a big wish to grow up or maybe it was a wish to go to college but anyway, so their aspiration levels go to platinum, and I'm able to send them to the reprogram self thingy. But here's the thingy, when they reprogram self at the thingy from 'grow up' aspiration, it automatically goes to an aspiration of 'grilled cheese', with no choices. They automatically then desperately crave grilled cheese and they immediately go and make themselves some without being told to by me, surprisingly none of them have burned it so far even though their cooking was nil. Once they do that and fulfil that little wish, I send them back to the reprogram self thingy and then I'm able to change them to a normal aspiration. I know I could have just waited until the semester where they get to choose a new life aspiration, but I feel sorry for them, and I just think it's better to get it out of the way so I know what to major them in.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

my most recent group I sent from the home hood had David Ottomas as the first arrival but he wasn't the first alphabetically. Also in the list was a Ng, Gavigan, Bruenig, Baity and Go who would have all been before him if it were going by surnames alphabetically, and an Alexander as a first name who would have gone before him if it were going by first names alphabetically. He was the youngest in the home hood of played teen sims, but not the youngest of all of them because some of them were townies who in the game if had've been played would start as fresh day one teens, so it didn't seem to go by age either. Might be just random eh.
    here's a thingy
    unplayed townies that you send to college, if they had bad aspiration levels in the home hood, they grow up on arrival at college with a 'grow up' aspiration, and so where the Fortune, Family, Knowledge etc aspiration icon would normally be, there's a child instead, like for children and toddlers, but all of them that I've sent have tended to have fulfilled a big wish to grow up or maybe it was a wish to go to college but anyway, so their aspiration levels go to platinum, and I'm able to send them to the reprogram self thingy. But here's the thingy, when they reprogram self at the thingy from 'grow up' aspiration, it automatically goes to an aspiration of 'grilled cheese', with no choices. They automatically then desperately crave grilled cheese and they immediately go and make themselves some without being told to by me, surprisingly none of them have burned it so far even though their cooking was nil. Once they do that and fulfil that little wish, I send them back to the reprogram self thingy and then I'm able to change them to a normal aspiration. I know I could have just waited until the semester where they get to choose a new life aspiration, but I feel sorry for them, and I just think it's better to get it out of the way so I know what to major them in.
    Do you remember which one of those sims you put in the household first?
    That's weird about the grow up thing- I've never seen that with any of the townies that I've taken.
  • Options
    I think it was David Ottomas I put in the group first, not totally sure though. But I do know that I had in mind to be sure to put him in because getting other teens ready to go was all for sending him so that there'd be a space in his household for Samantha to have her 6th so Dora can die happy, but Dora didn't have enough time left for him to work for any scholarships, so I went round the hood getting other teens to get enough scholarships to fund sending him in their group.
    Yeah I remember that happening when I used to play a couple of years ago, especially the townies who you pick to grow up with you from child to teen, the feature that came with Free Time to pick 3 townies to grow up with you. Most of them grow up saying "that part of my life was terrible" or something like that, meaning they had bad aspiration levels, probably red, upon growing up. When they grow up 'badly' upon arriving at college, their hourglass above their head glows red, like romance sim wedding rings glow red, but most of em have fulfilled a wish by being at college I think, so their level is immediately enough to use the renu orb thingy. It's probably a standard booby prize for people that use the renu orb thingy to end up with the grilled cheese aspiration, like if a regular sim used it while their aspiration level was green or such. And because they're using it to change the 'grow up' aspiration even though they're platinum, they get the booby prize. I've never played them through to the college semester to use the change aspiration that way before to know if they get grilled cheese that way too or not, maybe they do. While they have the grow up aspiration though, all their short term wants are normal for the YA age group - kiss, 3 best friends, join a frat and get fit.
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    They bend down to smell the flowers :)
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    If Bigfoot is in your family and you get him a job, he will randomly bring home gifts for the household.
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    If you have bon voyage and go to takemizu the man will tell you an ancient story and a little movie appears beside him :)
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I've just learned that the children's teddy bear ages(become worn).
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    With Bon Voyage, you can beachcomb, and sometimes your sim will be caught by a large crab.

You can't nap to 100% energy on couches or loveseats.

Different excercises have different lengths of time to earn body points, or bust sim fat.

Sometimes sims will autonomously wash windows.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Slob sims can autonomously 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in garden shrubs.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    I tested plantsim and none of them sleep at night, either the babies however these sims are very caring with their little plants. <3
    That's so much cute you don't want to see your little plant become an adult.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    I tested plantsim and none of them sleep at night, either the babies however these sims are very caring with their little plants. <3
    That's so much cute you don't want to see your little plant become an adult.

I got so upset that Daisy Greenman (The plant tot that comes with seasons) skipped her childhood and teenage years that I resolved to cure all my little sprouts before they grow up, and then re-set them to plantsimism when they become adults or YA.
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    I am a noob at sims 2 and I may have an addiction to downloading cc for it. This game is too addictive. OMG!!! B) The cuddling of the couple makes me smile so much. The game-play in this game is incredible. I am so glad for trying out this franchise. I did it all backwards lol. I went from sims 4 -> sims 3 -> sims 2.

Some of my observations may be already know but I loved it lol.
    - There is a flying pig in the pleasantview worldview.
    - Sims can have fears of becoming a witch especially after they interact with one

Also can someone tell me where I can find toddler hair for males and females? :#
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    I am a noob at sims 2 and I may have an addiction to downloading cc for it. This game is too addictive. OMG!!! B) The cuddling of the couple makes me smile so much. The game-play in this game is incredible. I am so glad for trying out this franchise. I did it all backwards lol. I went from sims 4 -> sims 3 -> sims 2.

Some of my observations may be already know but I loved it lol.
    - There is a flying pig in the pleasantview worldview.
    - Sims can have fears of becoming a witch especially after they interact with one

Also can someone tell me where I can find toddler hair for males and females? :#

If I were you I'd start on MTS. Generally speaking though, you want to find a hair that is enabled for all ages, so just by combing through hairs (rather than toddler) you should be able to find a style that would look good on them. If there's any preview pics of toddlers with the hair, or if they say it's toddler-elder (or p-e) it's available for the tots.

My advice is to shop around and see if you want everything to be the same color - there's three or four popular color palletes. You can either get maxis match (if you like the colors of the hairs that shipped with the game,) you can get maxis match plus some intermediate shades (simgaroop is a popular color pallette for that), or you can get a "shiny" hair, such as a pooklet colors hair. Some of the sets have up to four shades of each color, though, which can make scrolling through the catalogue a little time consuming.

Once you find some you like, try searching the name of the hair creator or the name of the color action. You'll usually end up on someone's treasure trove of a livejournal or dreamwidth. Happy Hunting!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    These are really great discoveries. I have to buy this game again.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I dunno if this one has been said, but for the child colouring table, if you use move objects on, you can take the pictures the tots/children drew and put them in your inventory or on the wall. Great for family play :relaxed:
    Sims whistle The Sims 1 theme song
    I had no idea!!!
  • Options
    dmreinsdmreins Posts: 4 New Member
    While my sim was at work as a Commercial Actor, I clicked to queue an action and his head came up inside a giant french fry box. LOL
  • Options
    I learned that a Butler will call and order groceries if there are none left.

And then he'll serve you a can of beans :joy: The most useless butler ever!
  • Options
    I've just learned that the children's teddy bear ages(become worn).

OMG is that true?! Pics or it never happened! :flushed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top