Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pronteran Builder - Happy 2018! (UPDATED)

Comments

• Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    a daywalker is fine, but sparkling is a total no go
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Great job on the vampire starter, @pronterus ! Looks very creepy! :o
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @StSciurus :) My current muse is creepy builds because of the story I'm writing :D
  • Options
    My vampire muse continues as I create more houses suitable for vampires! Here's another creation called Villa Vampir.

a8uFrg5.png
    clXfVtQ.png
    kWAG9U7.png
    WXiD32e.png
    JJO9pG4.png
  • Options
    :love: so red :smiley: and pretty
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    Yess the lighting I put all around the lot turned out great :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Villa Vampir is a great home for a vampire! :) The wired fencing, over run plants and stark trees look great in the outdoors areas to create a great feel to the build! Very nice Victorian exterior design of the home! The interior of the home looks great! The black and red colour scheme of the home, and the red lighting gives a great feel to the rooms and home. The candle lights look very nice in the home. Very nice fireplace area in the bedroom. The portrait looks nice on the fireplace wall. The type of curtains used in the bedroom looks nice.
    It is a very nice vampires home :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow :)
  • Options
    celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2016
    I love both of your vampire builds, @pronterus . Like @crysk , I was into vampires when I was a teen as well, sort of Anne Rice style vampires. But similar to crysk, I am not a Twilight fan either. I think it’s great that you are building these houses as inspiration for your short story (I’m a horror writer as well, and yes, I did write my share of vampire-centric pieces, although that was a while ago when I still wrote prolifically).

Anyway, both houses actually remind me of the movie “Only Lovers Left Alive”. Maybe you’ve seen it? The vampire in that film lived in an abandoned house in Detroit, which made me think of the wire fencing and overgrown grass and the construction zone barriers you have around your house. Both actually look as though they haven’t been used in a long time, prefect for driving suspicious humans away and giving the vampires a great hide-out.

I also love how you balanced the gothic elements with more modern furnishings in the starter house. It really looks like the design scheme of a young vampire who is starting to transition from human life to a more supernatural existence. And there’s only one word for the bedroom in the villa: sumptuous. You are a very versatile builder, pronterus. Thank you for sharing your latest creations with the community!
  • Options
    Thanks for commenting @celticbard :) I haven't seen that movie, but I was inspired by the abandoned houses I saw in a documentary about Detroit recently.
    I also love how you balanced the gothic elements with more modern furnishings in the starter house. It really looks like the design scheme of a young vampire who is starting to transition from human life to a more supernatural existence.

That's actually how my short story starts haha! I'm still putting the pieces together from the in-game screenshots I took. My main story is going well at least. :)
  • Options
    celticbard wrote: »
    Anyway, both houses actually remind me of the movie “Only Lovers Left Alive”. Maybe you’ve seen it? The vampire in that film lived in an abandoned house in Detroit, which made me think of the wire fencing and overgrown grass and the construction zone barriers you have around your house. Both actually look as though they haven’t been used in a long time, prefect for driving suspicious humans away and giving the vampires a great hide-out.

:love: Loki as vampire
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    sarahj0781sarahj0781 Posts: 38 Member
    Villa vampir is so cool. I love the red lighting ☺
  • Options
    Thanks for commenting @sarahj0781 :)
  • Options
    crysk wrote: »

:love: Loki as vampire

<3 Loki as anything. Sorry, @pronterus , that's the absolute last thing I'll say on the matter, I swear. I don't want to hijack your thread. Btw, I read the prologue to your story this morning. It really caught my interest. I think you may have gotten me hooked, LOL. I can't wait to see more builds inspired by your short story!

• Options
    Thanks for reading @celticbard :)
  • Options
    When I saw the items featured for Romantic Garden, I just had to have it for its build items and potential story items. :) This should be my creation for Valentine's: Valentine's With Tiffany, dedicated to my significant other. I think I'm getting the hang of Victorian builds.

nUkYeG0.png
    vA5rzH3.png
    M6guCMQ.png
    FGSOHrY.png
    IdP3ARc.png
    Fcenbs7.png
    ZcIlt2M.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Valentine's with Tiffany is such a very pretty home! :) Very nice Victorian style of the home ! The exterior design of the home and the pink colour scheme looks very nice! The floral arch and floral lattices in the side entrance area looks so nice! The flowers look very pretty through the outdoors areas! The flower box windows and the flowers along the roofing look very nice! It is nice that the wishing well is in the build. The statues are very nice in the build Very nice front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting there on the seating looking out at the very nice floral setting! The outdoors areas are very nice!,Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall patterns look very nice! The movie stuff pack sofa is nice in the home for sims to sit and rest on. Very nice study room! The study desk table looks nice angled into the corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The plants are a nice touch on the side table there. Very nice dining room! Sims will enjoy dining at the table with sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. The different pink colours of the dining seats gives a nice look to the dining area. The pink and red floor rugs look very nice in the rooms,
    The home is so very nice! :)
  • Options
    *stares* I think I have fallen in love with a built (though I do hate pink) I like how you placed those hanging flowers, that roof looks so naturally overgrown with them :love:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment @rosemow :)

@crysk Lol, when I saw those hanging flowers, I was originally going to place them on the wall, but it looked a bit awkward. When I enlarged it by accident, it got placed there, and I liked it :D
  • Options
    haha, yeah they totally look awkward is placed alone on a wall, I added a hedge below and it looks alright
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    Wow @pronterus ! That was quick! You put me to shame. it would probably take me a month to build a house like that, hehe. You certainly are a prolific builder. :)

Anyway, like crysk said, I've completely fallen in love with this house. What a lovely build to dedicate to your significant other. That's so sweet! And I think it's really awesome that you incorporated so many items from the new SP in this lot. I bought the pack yesterday, but I haven't even touched it yet. You've given me a good idea of all the lovely new items we have to play around with, so thanks! I also like the fact that this house is just surrounded by flowers. They're everywhere and they're just gorgeous. I totally want to sit in that back garden you created with a cup of tea and a good book.

And I agree with your post, you definitely have a knack for creating Victorians. The placement of all the detailing, like the porch and the dormer windows and the friezes is perfect. Overall, this house is just incredible. As I've said before, you are a very talented builder and deserve every bit of attention you receive and more for each of your builds. Thanks for sharing this with us!
  • Options
    Thanks @celticbard My girlfriend liked the house when I showed it to her. :) I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Victorian style, especially the layouts and roofing.

I also build pretty fast because I share our gaming computer with two siblings who also play games; hopefully I'll earn enough to buy my own computer exclusively for simming :D
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    So romantic! <3 And the gardens and interior colors just make me smile! :D
  • Options
    Thanks @StSciurus :) The new stuff pack items gave inspiration :D
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Valentine's With Tiffany is very pretty and romantic! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very pretty and lovely! Love how you did with the dormers and even the mansard roofing! The plants placement looks a very pretty touch in this build! Your landscaping is very beautiful! The wishing well looks very pretty in this house! Very beautifully landscaped too! And your interior, very lovely! Love how you stuck with the theme and very pretty and soft color scheme too with some reddish feel!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16