Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims whose Club is in a Gathering will leave work early upon loading game

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
If a Sim's Club is in a Gathering when the game is saved and then loaded, the Sims may leave work/school early. Please refer to the bug on EA Answers.
Steps to reproduce the problem.
  1. Bella and Mortimer are in a Club named Goths.
  2. The player starts the Gathering.
  3. Bella goes to Work.
  4. The player saves the game and then ends the game like heading to the Main Menu.
  5. The player loads the saved game and the Household that was played.
  6. Bella should have left Work early.

This can be a dangerous bug as it will lead to Job/School performance loss as well the possibility of getting fired and/or demoted. To avoid the bug, either end the Gathering prior to quitting or make sure the Club members are not at work or school. Only the Sims whose Club is in a Gathering are affected so Sims whose Club isn't in a Gathering won't leave work early.

I have 3 Sims (Professional Athlete, Musician, and Scientist) who were at work and are in the same club (my Club's name is Art Lovers) which is in a Gathering. When I loaded, the Sims have left work although I didn't cancel the At Work action. I noticed the problem by the fact that I gained money when the household was loaded. I think what happened was that the affected Sims' club (Art Lovers) was in a Gathering when I saved. When I loaded the game with the Sims at work and their Club in a Gathering, the game sent the Sims home early probably because the Gathering is supposed to spawn the Club Members which I think how it works. However, one Sim is in a Club that wasn't in a Gathering so she was still working.

I don't know if anyone had that bug but I'm probably guessing it might be an oversight. Hopefully this get patched in the Feburary update.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    When you saved the game, did you go to manage worlds to save the game ? When going to manage worlds or rotating a household, it resets the households and that would mean the sims would be outside their house when you load the game, and could be why they left work early?
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    When you saved the game, did you go to manage worlds to save the game ? When going to manage worlds or rotating a household, it resets the households and that would mean the sims would be outside their house when you load the game, and could be why they left work early?

I usually always play the same household on the same save so I haven't used or tried Manage Worlds. I just simply saved the game and stopped playing The Sims 4 but when I had later started to play The Sims 4 and loaded the same save and household, 3 of my Sims left work early although one Sim was still working. The Sim who was still working is in a Club but her Club wasn't in a Gathering so she didn't leave work early when the game was loaded.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    I am sorry that you have had the issue in your game. It was good that you posted about the issue on the EA AHQ site. Other simmers having the same issue can press me too on that thread as well.
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that you have had the issue in your game. It was good that you posted about the issue on the EA AHQ site. Other simmers having the same issue can press me too on that thread as well.

I started a new game with 3 Sims in a Club in a Gathering with 2 Sims in a Club not in a Gathering, I had all Sims in the Business career who were at work. I saved and loaded and the Sims that were in a Gathering went home. I also noticed that the glitch doesn't work on other Residential lots as attempting to start the Gathering will not start. In a Community Lot, the Gathering can be started but the Gathering ends one of the Club members goes to Work/School or leaves the lot so it's not possible to do the glitch.

Also the glitch doesn't work if one of the Club Members are at Work/School as starting a Gathering will not work so the glitch can't be preformed. It only works if the Club Members are at home.

And I also tried the procedure again but instead of ending the game, I went to Manage Worlds and then loaded the same Household. The Sims in a Gathering went home.
    edited June 2016
    It seems that the bug remains in 1.19. Something I want to know is why does loading a Sim with a Sim in the Gathering force them to leave work early? My possible guess is that the Gathering is supposed to spawn Sims to the lot and Sims being at Work/School is counted as being out of the lot. Gatherings are programmed to not end if a Sim goes to Work or School although you can't start a Gathering if one of Club Members of your Household are at Work/School. On Community Lots, the Gathering will end if one of your Club Members are removed such as being sent home or going to Work or School.

I supposed why the Gathering doesn't end on Residential Lots when a Club Member is at Work or School was likely intended to prevent frustrations of where the Gathering would end if a Sim went to Work or School especially if the Club includes Children or Teens which always have School. I suppose this usually wouldn't cause negative side effects but an oversight causes the Sim to leave Work or School early when the Lot is loaded due to the game trying to spawn Sims on the lot (Gatherings are supposed to bring Club Members to the current lot). The Sim won't leave early if their Club wasn't in a Gathering.