Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so sad and so disappointed to say..... I don't like The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    Taune247 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thank goodness I still have TS2 and TS3--those are my ride or dies. B)

For me it feels as though I'm developing a wonderful new relationship with Sims 4 but still have two amazing friends that will always be there. Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Thank you for this! I feel very much the same way.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    Aww it's ok OP. Don't feel bad about it. I have to admit Get Together did improve my experience a bit, but I guess with how long the Sims has been around now, there is a high chance that one Sims game might not appeal to you as much as the others. For me, I adored the Sims 1 and 2. With the Sims 3 and 4, they just feel like ok games. I don't regret buying them and I play them, but they don't have the original zing I had for the first two games. Although the recent spicy bug does make things feel a little hotter. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I didn't what to change your opinion about Sims 3 by the way, but there seems to be some kind of a revival going on. The Sims 3 section is busier than it was somehow. I think that doesn't mean Sims 4 doesn't have an audience - it obviously does - and it doesn't mean it's a bad game or that it's failing. I think it only shows the two games are very different and some people feel the old game is still worth playing too, because it just happens to suit them better. People continued playing Sims 2 as well after Sims 3 was released.
    The Sims 2 and 3 sections on MTS are actually still quite active and so cool to see that even after all these years later, Simmers are still enjoying those two games and making mods and CCs for them. It is just nice seeing all three games having active players. The Sims 1 sadly isn't as active anymore although I still play it myself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Just a random post,

I have noticed more and more people say the past game and the sims 4 are like friends to them and think its sweet B)
    Never thought of it like that but i do get very attached to my avi's and other sims i made in the past game!

One thing I do think they did well with the sims 4 was how sims look, though i think celebrities sims look better with the sims 2!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2016
    Nikoa wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.

I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.
    Screenshot-68.jpg

Those guys look pretty realistic to me. Not uncanny valley, but realistic. Just google for a bit and you'll find tons of Sims 3 sims that won't look like your avarage Sunset Valley citizen. It is possible by the way to create an amazing doll look for them as well.

Screenshot-415_zpseb424117.jpg

(made by Victor, a Dutch simmer)

I have to say I prefer sims' look in The Sims 2, but with the right CC sims can look nice in The Sims 3. Did you use any CC on those guys? Any chance you could make them available for download? The guy on the left would be perfect to be my rockstar in Bridgeport and... he's hot.
    Not ashamed to say he's hot. :#
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".
    I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.

Where is "quality" defined in a way that makes for a completely objective measure for a video game? I've never seen such a thing as an objective quality measure for any leisure or cultural or creative product, games among them.

I believe a definition of quality here should simply refer to the functionality of the game. They both have pretty shoddy bugs going on. Since TS3 Maxis has been renowned for a lower quality product and inflated prices when compared to other AAA product producing and price-charging companies.

You can buy a Royal Doulton set or buy a Target set. Which is going to be the better quality china? Royal Doulton of course. I doesn't mean that I can't like my Target set any less. It just means that it's more likely to be shoddy and break, exactly like TS3 and TS4.

Maxis makes average quality products. You just have to look at the critical response to the EA October 2015 Gamescon fiasco. It was embarrassing seeing all the products side by side.

ETA: You said you'd "never seen ..an objective quality measure for any leisure, cultural or creative product. I'm sure any technical workers who have worked on films, music, games etc would disagree with you. A comment like this disregards the simple existence of jobs such as sound engineer. If this was the case, all music would be recorded on a home mic and ripped to the 'net as shoddy mp3 files. If you're talking opinions derived from consumption of artistic and recreational media, the vast numbers of professional reviewers and writers would disagree with you.

Long story short, a game can be fun but still be poorly made. That is The Sims since 2007.
    Post edited by MrHawk on
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".
    I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.

Where is "quality" defined in a way that makes for a completely objective measure for a video game? I've never seen such a thing as an objective quality measure for any leisure or cultural or creative product, games among them.

I believe a definition of quality here should simply refer to the functionality of the game. They both have pretty shoddy bugs going on. Since TS3 Maxis has been renowned for a lower quality product and inflated prices when compared to other AAA product producing and price-charging companies.

You can buy a Royal Doulton set or buy a Target set. Which is going to be the better quality china? Royal Doulton of course. I doesn't mean that I can't like my Target set any less. It just means that it's more likely to be shoddy and break, exactly like TS3 and TS4.

Maxis makes average quality products. You just have to look at the critical response to the EA October 2013 Gamescon fiasco. It was embarrassing seeing all the products side by side.

ETA: You said you'd "never seen ..an objective quality measure for any leisure, cultural or creative product. I'm sure any technical workers who have worked on films, music, games etc would disagree with you. A comment like this disregards the simple existence of jobs such as sound engineer. If this was the case, all music would be recorded on a home mic and ripped to the 'net as shoddy mp3 files. If you're talking opinions derived from consumption of artistic and recreational media, the vast numbers of professional reviewers and writers would disagree with you.

Long story short, a game can be fun but still be poorly made. That is The Sims since 2007.

It's just a waste of time try to discuss with some peoples here, they logic is if i like it then is good and don't matter if the logic or any other thing say opposite what only matter is my biased opnion.

And with that is why the sims serie will be a cheap game serie compared with the others AAA games cuz a big ammount of fandon "just don't care" about quality and is whilling to pay anything as long have the name sims stick on it, while not "anything but a big majority".

This is what make me sad over this game community cuz when i go to others comunities "a fart" from a developer could be more than enough to rage almost all the fans and make then complain like nowhere while here the developers can be the most cheap as they can which will be praised for it.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »

Maxis makes average quality products. You just have to look at the critical response to the EA October 2015 Gamescon fiasco. It was embarrassing seeing all the products side by side.

theatermove.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

(sorry, sometimes a post needs this gif)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.

I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.

Agreed. The sims 3 sims are nightmare fuel. Uncanny valley imo.
  • Options

i can say for sure no more than sims 4 which also are worst with they plastic hair and cartoon look.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016

i can say for sure no more than sims 4 which also are worst with they plastic hair and cartoon look.

I think TS4 sims looked a tad bit better in the later BETA version of the game, I think the game had more shaders and some textures were better at least in CAS.

I prefer the in between graphics of TSM.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016

I much prefer a stylized sentient being over a dull robot someone stretched skin over.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I much prefer a stylized sentient being over a dull robot someone stretched skin over.

i prefer a sim behavious more realistic or at last with a better AI than one laugthing like the joker 24h because "bad/poor code" and a terrible emotion system which make then be "more robotics".
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I think TS4 sims looked a tad bit better in the later BETA version of the game, I think the game had more shaders and some textures were better at least in CAS (ex: the eyebrows).

I also prefer the sims medieval when comes to graphic this game was much more polished when comes to graphics.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    In my opinion, the sims in Sims 4 are better looking overall BUT, and this is a big but, that silly grin which takes over any appearance your heart is set on, makes every single sim look the same. Putting this aside for a moment, the other thing which really irks me about Sims 4 is their childish behaviour alongside their cartoon grinning appearance. If the sims in Sims 4 could keep the appearance designed by the player and lose that awful silly grin, and then behave normally without acting like six year olds, I might actually begin to like the game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016

Well if TS4 is viewed as a sequel I wouldn't expect no less, they should feel more sentient but they still do the dumbest things sometimes and to be honest TS4 sims lack more personality than TS3/TS2 sims, traits barely do much, even though they do behave better in terms of expressions and routing. Thank god the devs took the time needed to make them react to things, that is a must, I can't even believe the base game shipped without those and they claimed they were the smartest what a fail. At least now it works, but there is still so much left that needs tweaking in this game that it's rather scary.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

For sentient beings, your sims could have a family member die in their face and continue to smile, as if nothing were wrong.
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I completely understand your issues with the game.

I do enjoy the game quite a bit, but I also find that it lacks some things that other games had ... I do think that EA (Or at least TSS) has caught on to the idea that the ideal goal is quality over quantity.

One thing I must note is the notion that the EP's are a "cash grab"; some of the stuff packs seem pointless, but there are some great stuff packs out there, such as the perfect patio TS4 stuff pack, spooky stuff pack, and the most recent movie hangout stuff pack. I'm generally more of a fan towards game packs and expansion packs over stuff packs though. I thought GTW was OK ... they could have done a lot more. I think GT is a decent pack - I really enjoy the things that they've added, especially the music. For GP's, I think that they are decent too. I don't really play them as much. However, all of these GP's and SP's and EP's are not as cash-grabby as TS3 was with the TS3 store. I have explained in detail in other posts, but we have gotten much more content at a much better price compared to TS3, and with GP's, we even get gameplay elements that we would never have gotten with TS3.

Aside from the DLC, we have also gotten consistent updates that actually do impact the game in a lot of ways. There are still bugs, for sure, but they are working on it.

Whether TS4 is a sinking ship that is worth saving is entirely up to you ... some people enjoy what they've managed to put together, and other people are really not happy with it, regardless. All I can say is that we have the resources that we have ... EA fully has its talons in this franchise, so we are unfortunately at their mercy for now ... that being said, I can see in the game that the devs and other people working on the game are still passionate about the franchise. I think they are just struggling with the budget that they are given by EA due to the messy launch that TS4 had, which was largely due to the fact that they had to do a complete overhaul of the game 3/4 of the way through, before it was finished.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    The sims in the two previous games were more subtle in expressing their emotions, but you could still tell how they felt. I really dislike the in-your-face emotions that we get with the Sims 4. It's as if the developers thought we would not be intelligent enough to figure out what our sims are feeling without them telling us about it.

All in all, when compared to the two previous games, this game just plain feels d.u.m.b.e.d. down to me. It's made to cater to the crowd that doesn't appreciate subtlety and in-depth gameplay, that likes only the surface, easy to handle gameplay and doesn't mind the repetitive linear goal driven gameplay. But then again, that's what they're used to with their other quest-based roleplaying games.

However, I will say this: If you think that the Sims 4 game play is shallow and lacking in depth, wait until they come out with the next incarnation, which will no doubt be intended to be played across platforms (EA's newest fad): PC, console, tablet, phone. Think about how limited the PC version has to be in order to be able to have the same type of game play across all platforms.

After that comes out, you may very well be looking at The Sims 4 with nostalgic eyes.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options

Uncanny valley means so realistic it becomes uncomfortable. You can only achieve that in the game with CC. So if you don't want that, just don't install that kind of CC.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sucom wrote: »
    In my opinion, the sims in Sims 4 are better looking overall BUT, and this is a big but, that silly grin which takes over any appearance your heart is set on, makes every single sim look the same. Putting this aside for a moment, the other thing which really irks me about Sims 4 is their childish behaviour alongside their cartoon grinning appearance. If the sims in Sims 4 could keep the appearance designed by the player and lose that awful silly grin, and then behave normally without acting like six year olds, I might actually begin to like the game.
    Their features are better and they did a much better job where it comes to ethnics, but they don't look human. They just don't. They look like cartoon characters. And that simply is a problem for simmers who want to play with humans.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I've been watching some shows with my nephews and there are a lot of preschool shows that are reminding me of the artstyle.

Like Chuggington:
    250?cb=20111025183548

Thomas and Friends movie:
    latest?cb=20140410121750

I remember someone else on forums mentioned it being like Sophia the first:
    maxresdefault.jpg

So there is a very Disney Junior look about the Sims.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

For sentient beings, your sims could have a family member die in their face and continue to smile, as if nothing were wrong.

Oh, that drives me crazy. My sim just had both parents die, but since she wasn't on the same lot, there is NOTHING. No urn, no mourning, nothing. And when you're lucky enough to have the sim be on the same lot, provided you actually get a reaction, it just takes a call to the sadness hotline to get over it.

I wish there was more awareness :/
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    Their features are better and they did a much better job where it comes to ethnics, but they don't look human. They just don't. They look like cartoon characters. And that simply is a problem for simmers who want to play with humans.

Well, I do agree, to be honest ............

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I think TS4 sims looked a tad bit better in the later BETA version of the game, I think the game had more shaders and some textures were better at least in CAS.

I think TSM's graphics were even more realistic than Sims 3's. It was a bit unsettling for me, but I still liked it. Impressive!

TS4 gives me the creeps with how much it looks like a Nickelodeon/Nick Jr cartoon.

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I've been watching some shows with my nephews and there are a lot of preschool shows that are reminding me of the artstyle.

Like Chuggington:
    250?cb=20111025183548

Thomas and Friends movie:
    latest?cb=20140410121750

I remember someone else on forums mentioned it being like Sophia the first:
    maxresdefault.jpg

So there is a very Disney Junior look about the Sims.

More comparisons:

Alvin and the Chipmunks

512433269_640.jpg

Miraculous Ladybug (except the hair)

tumblr_nyus8hAKRR1uu5wooo1_1280.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif