Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so sad and so disappointed to say..... I don't like The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    I agree with the OP 100%. I have tried so hard to like this game but it just sucks IMO. I have played and purchased all sims games including all TS4 packs etc... It still sucks. I decided to leave it alone for the time being - bought myself a PS4 and now I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online. I decided to move on after 15 years.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims in 3 weren't more or less ugly than sims in 2 or 4. They all have their good and their bad aspects. It's just a different art style and liking or not liking it is a matter of preference. I'm not very fond of the pudding look (all sliders in the middle), but I prefer it to the pudding look of default sims in 4. One of the reasons I'll never be able to really get into Sims 4 is their looks (which is why I was glad creating them cartoony helps), so I do understand what some of you mean. No matter how great the gameplay, when the look of the sims isn't your thing you won't get into it. In that respect it's even kind of a relief Sims 4 gameplay is so boring. It must be more frustrating when the gameplay is great but you don't like the sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    I also hear you OP. I've been a fan of The Sims since 2000. The longest period I went without playing it at all was 2008-2014 (too busy with real life) but here I am, playing it again (The Sims 3 to be especific. I discovered last year). As Orchid said, I think The Sims in The Sims 4 is are beautiful and the game has so much potential. As others said, I want to like this game, but I'll give it a time, cause right now it's just too lacking for me and there are some things that annoy me, despite its obvious charm.

I say: let's wait and hope they manage to make this game more widely enjoyable. I think they will do it with the right expansion packs.
    Meanwhile we have The Sims 2 and 3, even The Sims 1 to go back to while they improve TS4. :)
    Haiden wrote: »
    Yeah I would have to agree with that comment to. While I still play Ts4, I play on/off most of the time cause I get bored with the shallow gameplay. I have spent more hours playing Witcher 3 since May last year than Ts4, but since I'm waiting for the next exp for Witcher, I have been filling the gap by playing abit by trying to play Ts4.

The Witcher 3 is such a spectacular game! I've been playing it since last May, I've put days on it and I've been exploring it like the obsessed person I am. What I like about it, is that CDPR managed to bring back that "magical" atmosphere of The Witcher 1 while maintaining the political part of the game very interesting - more interesting than in TW2. I loved meeting Lambert again the other day, such an interesting character that bloke. Like you, I've been playing The Witcher and The Sims (except for me it is TS3 for now).

You have good taste in games. :p
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.

ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    Nikoa wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Sims 3 CASt system was the best for detailed control of the sims faces... We could control the tip of the nose, the nostrils, the width/length and more. The sliders were easy to use and with the extra slider expansion mod that is in Awesome Mod... the creativity was at its highest. I've tried to create interesting sims in Sims 4 and it's just not the same. :/
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Taune247 wrote: »
    [snipped for brevity] ...I still find that I play the sims 3 way more than The Sims 4. The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

Wow, the fact you received 10 "Awesomes" and 25 "Likes" in 1 day really says it all, doesn't it? :o

And I agree with you.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I honestly didn't enjoy TS2. Like maybe I just can't remember it being fun but I honestly don't see the appeal in it. Maybe that's just me.

I enjoyed Sims 2 so much I was totally addicted to it, maybe even moreso than Sims 3! eta, My favorite was the psychiatrist that appeared when sims went into Aspiration failure. :D
  • Options
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

Ditto :)
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".

Or maybe people actually like the game. :/

I haven't bought everything because some of the packs just don't appeal to me. But do not assume that people will buy anything whether they like it or not because in most cases that's false.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Astro wrote: »

Or maybe people actually like the game. :/

I haven't bought everything because some of the packs just don't appeal to me. But do not assume that people will buy anything whether they like it or not because in most cases that's false.
    i don't say "everyone" i say which "we have peoples which do that" and it's a fact not a lie, some peoples will buy anything as long have the name and not gonna really care for quality cuz or they just are "die hard fan", or a collector's or just consumers, or just have "low expectation" or just have some strong emotional attachment or desire, but in the end they don't really care if the thing have low quality when comparing with others things of the same supposed level of quality"(in this case AAA games).

Another note i don't say which peoples don't like, i say which they "like it" they just don't care if the game was really made with the proper quality it was supposed to be made, don't get my word wrong.
  • Options

I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I agree with Ellessarr -- if you don't like TS4, why do you keep buying everything EA puts out for it? That only encourages more slipshod, bug-filled releases that are YA/party-centric. Of course I'm not talking about everyone who loves TS4; if you do then I understand buying content. But there are a few people on here who have complained about TS4 since before release yet keep throwing money at it. I vote with my wallet and refuse to buy anything to do with it until either: (a) it's full of content and interactions I want, the graphics have improved, and it's not tied to Origin (the last two ain't happening, I know), or (b) the price is a tiny fraction of what it is now
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.

hmm maybe i was thking she sayd which even if she don't like next sim game then she will still buying it, then was my bad if not was that, because that is when for me lie the problem, peoples buying "just for buy" or to say "i have it".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made!

Feel free to check out the TS3 General Discussion where TS3 players hang out :smile:

The Sims 3, it is happening now! :smiley:
    That is your own opinion that I don't share I think that game is boring on top of bugs that make it hard to play.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Taune247 wrote: »
    Ever since I stumbled upon The Sims (the first one) I fell madly in love with the series. I would save up my allowance to get every expansion pack and pay for hours and hours and hours on our Compaq computer. Then came The Sims 2 which made the game even more engaging and I did the same for all the expansion packs and on top of that the introduced The Stuff Packs. The Sims 2 was a little more demanding on our family computer but it was worth it. Then came The Sims 3 and I was so impressed with the base game alone. When all of the expansion packs and stuff packs came out I decided to buy a custom computer with specs that would allow me to play the game at all ultra settings. I still love The Sims 3 and I still play it on my 3rd computer that was custom built, but this one was for The Sims 4. When The Sims 4 was released I took a vacation day because I was so excited and I planned on playing it all day. However, I was so disappointed. Then I thought to myself; I'm sure it will get better with expansion and stuff packs. But I was wrong. I don't get as excited about them as I have with the previous games. Sure The Sims 4 is beautiful the graphics are amazing I give it that. But the game play just doesn't seem to be as enchanting as the others. When playing I find myself in CAS just going over clothing and hairstyles etc.. over and over because I can't seem to find any that I like. Then with the expansion and stuff packs it just feels like a money grab from faithful players. I still find that I play the sims 3 way more than The Sims 4. The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

Do what Lifesimmer did and replay TS3. I myself might just do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-ciD2CXL0
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made!

Feel free to check out the TS3 General Discussion where TS3 players hang out :smile:

The Sims 3, it is happening now! :smiley:
    That is your own opinion that I don't share I think that game is boring on top of bugs that make it hard to play.
    Now let me see..., screenshot from my computer sunday january 17th at 18:17 somewhere in The Netherlands:

Screenshot-242_zpsay6nb19l.png

Yep, sims 3 sure is happening now for some of us ;)

edit: that CC skin by the way is a brand new one, just created by Kurasoberina, which also proves the game is still happening ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as i played the sims4 i have cast aside the sims3 sims2 and sims1 i mostly play the sims4 now to me the sims3 like the sims2 i consider outdated and me in my case games i consider outdated will spend less time in game more focus on sims4 and sims3 has brough me lots of problems with bad custom content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.

this might be what you think but the sims4 is not a failure its a great game and do not lack any thing
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    What's bothering me about Sims 4 is this: After 2 EPs, the same types of bugs that plagued the Sims 3 seem to be coming back.

Sims 4 has terrible routing and has from the start. But now there are issues with lag and stuttering that were supposed to be the reason why we lost the open world. When I play Sims 3 with only 2EPs enabled, there's actually less lag for me and of course, no loading screens between lots. Also, maybe it's my imagination, but with the scripted gameplay of the Sims 4 came fewer options.

I like Sims 4, but now during events I have to hit the pause key to allow the game to catch up -- all action but the clock freezes, basically. My guess is culling of relationships has to do with trying to prevent this type of lag, but that's hardly a good solution. And I'm on a decent machine with a last gen CPU (i5 4690k OC'ed to 4.3Ghz).

I have seen that other people now are having loading screens of 30 - 40 seconds on reasonable machines. They've tried to keep them in check, but I wonder how much they'll have to remove from basic game mechanics to prevent the loading screens of a minute plus after a few more EPs.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Where is "quality" defined in a way that makes for a completely objective measure for a video game? I've never seen such a thing as an objective quality measure for any leisure or cultural or creative product, games among them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.