Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adventureland" added with Patch 1.69.43?

I just installed Sims 3 and most EPs on my new laptop and when I went to select a world to play, I was baffled to see a world called "Adventureland". It has the same pic and description for Sunset Valley. Has anyone else seen this? I'm afraid to open up the world. I don't have any CC except the no intro mod to test my mods folder. The game is at 1.69.43 which I think is the most recent version.

Comments

• mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    So I decided to take a look at Adventureland and apparently it's Sunset Valley with only two single sim households: Ransone and Hardy. They're both wearing adventurer outfits from WA. Weird...
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I'm not updating past 1.67 so I can't look for myself....but that definitely is weird :no_mouth: maybe someone will know because I'm curious how a world could just pop up out of the blue like that if you didn't make it/download it from a third party.

Is it in the launcher as well?
  • Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have the fully updated 1.69.43 and I have sunset valley. That is really weird...
    Post edited by Sookie_54 on
    edited January 2016
    This seems to be happening with update 1.69.43. The one that fixed that annoying launcher pop-up.

cleo00, it isn't in the launcher, or anywhere as far as I can tell.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Sounds like something was tampered with that really shouldn't have been touched at all. Not saying you did it, of course, but still that's really weird....

Look at it this way: you have a great start now to making your own Sims Creepypasta.
    ENolan wrote: »
    Sounds like something was tampered with that really shouldn't have been touched at all. Not saying you did it, of course, but still that's really weird....

Look at it this way: you have a great start now to making your own Sims Creepypasta.

Lol, Creepypasta was exactly what come to mind when I discovered this. I know it wasn't anything I did. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has installed with 1.69.43 as nobody seems to have noticed this yet.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    That's strange. Have you downloaded anything from the exchange lately? Maybe this world attached itself to something on the exchange?
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    mickykoo11 wrote: »
    ENolan wrote: »

Lol, Creepypasta was exactly what come to mind when I discovered this. I know it wasn't anything I did. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has installed with 1.69.43 as nobody seems to have noticed this yet.

Nope I've had to do a new install and it's updated to the newest patch and I've got Adventureland as well
  • simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited January 2016
    I got this world too... its a copy of Sunset Valley. It's interesting because there were no custom contents in my game. Just played a few minutes then travelled to future :D
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I got the the same newly named world after having to reinstall my game from issues with crashes and keeping store content installed after it had already been installed. I hope they fix these issues soon.
    Thank you for confirming that Adventureland showed up with the last patch. I'm sure it wasn't included on purpose, as it's just a deserted Sunset Valley. We'll probably be getting another update soon.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @mickykoo11 you said there were only two houses with people wearing world adventures clothing....

Maybe this is EA's way of trying to hype people up and play world adventures. I know myself my sims hardly ever even leave their house lwt alone go to one of the WA destinations :P
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    simsolated wrote: »
    I got this world too... its a copy of Sunset Valley. It's interesting because there were no custom contents in my game. Just played a few minutes then travelled to future :D

We ll this is good we can use this world and place more lots in.
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    simsolated wrote: »

We ll this is good we can use this world and place more lots in.

But it makes no sence. You could just start up a new game and load a regular sunset valley an remove all the lots it would equate to the same thing.
  • DragonshyDragonshy Posts: 61 Member
    I'm patched up and don't have Adventureland in my installed worlds folder. I supposed I'm not missing anything!
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow, after I thought this was the last patch for the game, they may have to fix this issue... I wish they never did this new updates!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I just reinstalled my game and It popped up for me too. I thought it was weird and that I did something wrong, so I'm glad I found this board.
  • scotiaswiftiescotiaswiftie Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't have it, but my brother does. We were both really confused to see it at first so its good to see that other people have it too. He isn't fully patched either, only up to 1.67 I think. He has just installed World Adventures and Showtime, but he hasn't downloaded anything else. He hasn't been on the world yet, but this is really weird...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Odd. I'm fully patched to 1.69 and don't have this Adventureland place on my worlds list. Seems odd that some do and some don't and scotiaswiftie says her brother had it but isn't patched to 1.69. Hmmm. Its a curious conundrum. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    This has happened on my husbands game. He didn't load it up because he was worried the game would crash.
  • android00b7android00b7 Posts: 201 Member
    This isn't what I expected when I clicked this thread, it's so weird~
    Intrigued, can't wait to find out what's behind it
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @mickykoo11 you said there were only two houses with people wearing world adventures clothing....

Maybe this is EA's way of trying to hype people up and play world adventures. I know myself my sims hardly ever even leave their house lwt alone go to one of the WA destinations :P
    My sims leave their house all the time and some of them - the adventurous ones - have travelled the WA worlds, so I don't quite follow what you mean ;) I can't imagine I'm a special snowflake concerning this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Interesting. I am on the new patch and have uninstalled and reinstalled my game recently and I don't have it. Maybe it has to do with the new patch working with the Create A World tool. Possibly a glitch.

HAHAhahaha, WHAT am I saying?! The Sims 3 could have a glitch? Nooooooo. /sarcasm :D
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Could you possible send screenshots of town view of Adventureland?
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif