Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED - Spicy bug will be fixed in February

alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
This thread was about Movie Stuff not fixing the Spicy Bug. Now a guru has kindly replied and informed us that the bug will be fixed with the next patch in February (see answers below).
Post edited by alanmichael1 on

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Why did you expect a SP to fix a bug?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I don`t know, probably because I´m naive :) I had hoped that the SP would be the prelude for a patch this evening.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Well at least spicy popcorn is confirmed. :D And yeah one can hope. But hey. Will make for hilarious pictures from other simmers.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don`t know, probably because I´m naive :) I had hoped that the SP would be the prelude for a patch this evening.

I think I know why. It seems they put the animation in the game without having the SP and that caused a problem on all other foods. So, installing the stuff pack would also make me believe it would all corrected itself...I wish they wouldn't go ahead and add code before the EP or something was in the game. That only leads to bugs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I was gonna buy it... Now im not sure. Thanks for letting us know
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks @SimGuruDrake. I'm quite sure it's affecting any of you guys playing on staff too.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Hello everyone! We are aware of the Spicy Food issue and will have a fix in our next patch.

Next month?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! We are aware of the Spicy Food issue and will have a fix in our next patch.

Next month?

Yep :)

Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Surprised that bug is going to take 2+ weeks to release when modders fixed it in like a day. Im sure you guys want to release it with other stuff, but why?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited January 2016
    Let's get on our knees and pray any new patch fixes the group gathering bug that is decimating gameplay for millions of Simmers - most of whom suffer in silence.

I can handle the hot spicy food bug.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    EDIT: I'm gonna edit this as it seemed rather snarky and I really don't want it to be like that. I am still waiting out this patch though so if it'll take a month, then I'll wait it out a month. Just a rather bummer with the new pack out.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    plopppo wrote: »
    Let's get on our knees and pray any new patch fixes the group gathering bug that is decimating gameplay for millions of Simmers - most of whom suffer in silence.

Can you provide some more information about the group gathering issue?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Are you all also aware of this retail breaking bug since the last two patches? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869857/ea-please-fix-the-problem-with-selling-food#latest

I sure hope to, it's been a real bummer lately :-(
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited January 2016

Yeh, there's a few threads on it - some probably got nuked.

If you have a household of Sims that are in a gang and three of them start doing a group activity, the game auto creates a gathering and then it forces Sims home from work to attend the gathering, etc. You can't send Sims back to work - you can't block the game creating the group activity.

It's decimating gameplay.

The game should allow the player to choose to start a group activity - not just auto-create it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14473836/#Comment_14473836

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869757/automated-things-in-ts4-that-do-your-head-in-heres-a-golden-nugget-of-fail#latest
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Next month?

Yep :)

Um... I'm sorry but if the new stuff pack people are buying as we speak features a new game play object that is bugged shouldn't we get an emergency patch to fix that issue.

I mean the new gameplay objects are pretty much the thing that give stuff packs their value i don't think its fair that they are broken and that we have to wait a month for such a noticeable bug to get fixed...

I don't even know if the bug is actually hard to fix or if patches just work as mysterious new content we get every month and that it usually ends up introducing new bugs.

I mean we had to purchase get together after the relationship culling bug was introduced, most of us didn't even know and then we bought the ep and there was no one to get together with...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

If you have a household of Sims that are in a gang and three of them start doing a group activity, the game auto creates a gathering and then it forces Sims home from work to attend the gathering, etc. You can't send Sims back to work - you can't block the game creating the group activity.

The game should allow the player to choose to start a group activity - not just auto-create it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869757/automated-things-in-ts4-that-do-your-head-in-heres-a-golden-nugget-of-fail#latest

I also noticed the automatic gatherings if some group members meet. I didn't realize however that my Sims came back from work ...

• Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member

I also noticed the automatic gatherings if some group members meet. I didn't realize however that my Sims came back from work ...

Yes it was so annoying! I mean I'm all for gathering but my entire household is full of club members and it auto starts every darn time. So I had to download the mod to stop it. Hopefully that along with the spicy food bug (which I also downloaded a mod for to prevent...) get's fixed next month! ^^''
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    While tolerable and not game breaking, it becomes annoying rather quick. Sucks we have to wait 2 weeks.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm glad it's getting fixed, although when I first seen it I naively thought their food was too hot as in temperature wise! :D
  • Options
    Now that would be interesting. @Goldbear86

And sorry off-topic, but your puppy in your avatar is adorable.

Back on topic. There was something else too about households and family members getting kicked out of their own homes during parties? I thought I read a post about it or was that something a repair could fix?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I was wondering why my Sims kept acting as if everything they were eating was spicy... lol I just assumed my Sims were strange. I just wanna know why it's going to take an entire month just to fix it though? :neutral: I may have started playing The Sims 4 again and actually enjoying it, but I still seem to think the developers are lazy... especially since they KNOW a glitch is happening, but aren't releasing a patch for it until a month from now... also, I'd like them to address the TV glitch that happens when you fast forward the game as well! I hate seeing the screen become all scrambled whenever I play.

Yes, I'm aware that these glitches are very minor and don't actually effect the gameplay itself, but it's still annoying.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I was wondering why my Sims kept acting as if everything they were eating was spicy... lol I just assumed my Sims were strange. I just wanna know why it's going to take an entire month just to fix it though? :neutral: I may have started playing The Sims 4 again and actually enjoying it, but I still seem to think the developers are lazy... especially since they KNOW a glitch is happening, but aren't releasing a patch for it until a month from now... also, I'd like them to address the TV glitch that happens when you fast forward the game as well! I hate seeing the screen become all scrambled whenever I play.

Yes, I'm aware that these glitches are very minor and don't actually effect the gameplay itself, but it's still annoying.

Ditto. A fix for the tv scramble would be awesome. I hate that, since I play a lot in fast speed.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

That TV scramble one I think is confirmed to be a feature, like with the radio? Guess if you fast forward a lot it might affect you if you still want to see what they're watching. I rarely fast forward so not an issue with me.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184