Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way Too Many Ghosts!

i have posted about this before but now with get together installed, i've noticed the population of ghosts has increased. I never really minded them before since they were easy to get rid of, then i got annoyed when eventually my sim would be the only living employee in their active career in get to work, and now with get together they're absolutely unavoidable since they make up almost all the party guests and bar patrons. its driving me crazy and i cannot stand them! i can't be the only one who feels this way since ghosts have never been this intrusive in previous games. can someone suggest a way to stop this?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't have that many ghosts in my game after GT, to be honest.

You can always go to Household Management in the World Map view and delete them.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    I haven't got a single ghost. I'm kind of jealous of you. I had a co-worker die at the science plant, but no ghost ever appeared.
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    I hear ya! Way too many ghosts! My Sim was invited to a dance party and literally out of 8 Sims there were two that were NOT ghosts. It's just ridiculous that ghosts just roam and participate in every day events like they are alive.
    I don't know if there is a way to get rid of them besides finding their urn and releasing their spirits. That's what I did when someone died at my cafe.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I hear ya! Way too many ghosts! My Sim was invited to a dance party and literally out of 8 Sims there were two that were NOT ghosts. It's just ridiculous that ghosts just roam and participate in every day events like they are alive.
    I don't know if there is a way to get rid of them besides finding their urn and releasing their spirits. That's what I did when someone died at my cafe.

Hello.
    You could go to manage households and delete the sims if you wanted to remove certain ghost sims.
    @rosemow, that's the weird thing I tried that and when I went to the households of the deceased, they were no longer listed as household members. I've only found two that happened to have died on my retail lot and released the spirits. I didn't even see the urn of a couple of my created sims. Do the ghosts stay in the household panel?
    @rosemow, that's the weird thing I tried that and when I went to the households of the deceased, they were no longer listed as household members. I've only found two that happened to have died on my retail lot and released the spirits. I didn't even see the urn of a couple of my created sims. Do the ghosts stay in the household panel?

The ghost sims that you may want to delete are in the ones in the " unplayed" section of manage households.

When a sim passes away in a household when you are playing another household, there isn't an urn or a tombstone.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited January 2016

One option is to get MC Command Center - you'd need only the base module. Then you can click on a Sim while you're playing and delete them out of the game. It would be useful for ghosts who are from dead in-game Sims and don't appear in household management.

Added note: I haven't tried this, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

One option is to get MC Command Center - you'd need only the base module. Then you can click on a Sim while you're playing and delete them out of the game. It would be useful for ghosts who are from dead in-game Sims and don't appear in household management.

Added note: I haven't tried this, though.

That's exactly what I've decided to do. I stopped using mods in Sims 2 due to weird issues, but I can see I will be forced to do so in this case. Also to get story progression for my moved out sibs. Thanks!
    Hello @Elegantblkchina1 .
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there will be helpful simmers that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

• tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    O I have this problem too and have also tried going to the unplayed households to delete the ghost households but like elegant, mine are no where to be found. Maybe having an actual cemetery lot would help the ghosts stay in one place better like in ts3. Idk, it's really annoying.
    edited March 2016
    tori104 wrote: »
    O I have this problem too and have also tried going to the unplayed households to delete the ghost households but like elegant, mine are no where to be found. Maybe having an actual cemetery lot would help the ghosts stay in one place better like in ts3. Idk, it's really annoying.

Hello @tori104 .
    I will post what helped another simmer to remove ghost Sims from their game.
    Enable testing cheats. (testingcheats true)
    Enable CAS Full Edit (cas.fulleditmode)
    Shift click to add the ghost to family.
    Shift click and choose Modify in CAS
    Click the ghost and an X will appear in the upper right hand corner of the thumbnail. Click the X to delete.
    Note....this completely deletes the Sim from the game, so make sure you really, really, REALLY want the ghost gone

If you use mods , there is an option in the cheats menu section of MC Command Center mod to " Delete Homeless Ghosts". There is also an option to " Delete all ghosts" as well.
    MC Command Center
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    There is also a setting to delete all homeless ghosts once a week.
  • aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I have a legacy game save and after the third generation they're over running the place. No households have been refilled, except the ones I've personally filled. It would be nice to have a solution that doesn't involve a mod that will break with the next update. Like a cheat to delete sim named XXX. The delete homeless ghosts would be nice as well. If it weren't a mod. A force refill of furnished lots would also be nice. I have the item clicked in setting, but it isn't working.

Ghosts aren't visible in my manage households list.
    aka_moi wrote: »
    I have a legacy game save and after the third generation they're over running the place. No households have been refilled, except the ones I've personally filled. It would be nice to have a solution that doesn't involve a mod that will break with the next update. Like a cheat to delete sim named XXX. The delete homeless ghosts would be nice as well. If it weren't a mod. A force refill of furnished lots would also be nice. I have the item clicked in setting, but it isn't working.

Ghosts aren't visible in my manage households list.

Hello @aka_moi .
    If you have Get Together, try having your sims visit the bar on ghost night. Then type in
    testingcheats true
    The shift click the ghosts sims that you no longer want in your game and click " add to household"
    Go to manage households, click on your sims household, and delete the ghost sims that way.
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    The ghost sims in my game arent in manage households...
  • ibshaunibshaun Posts: 46 Member
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has too many ghosts in the game! I there was an option to either have ghosts remain in the game or not... Most of the Sims that show up at the bar or at a dance party are all ghosts and are my sims parents/grandparents/great grandparents which is just weird. I will try adding to household etc but it would be nice if there were an easier way.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    If you're willing to delete all unplayed ghosts, you can do that with the mod MC Command Center.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I have only seen 2 ghosts in My game and those were from the Manner from the Garden Pack, I am hoping to see a lot more since I Luv Gothic type stuff, Wish we could switch worlds, but then with My luck they would still end up with you, :).
    edited August 2016
    ibshaun wrote: »
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has too many ghosts in the game! I there was an option to either have ghosts remain in the game or not... Most of the Sims that show up at the bar or at a dance party are all ghosts and are my sims parents/grandparents/great grandparents which is just weird. I will try adding to household etc but it would be nice if there were an easier way.

Hello @ibshaun
    If you use mods, MC Command Center has settings that remove ghosts. The mod contains many features/functions and has help for culling, relationship culling and relationship decay.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I think problems with ghosts mostly occur with aging turned on and later in the game when sims start to die of old age. That's one of the reasons why I mostly play with aging turned off. If the devs want to use culling they should start with ghosts! It totally breaks the immersion when your sim gets a call from a ghost congratulating them on their new friendship :neutral: