Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to The Sims 3 Website / Store

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
Hello Simmers!

Today the The Sims 3 store / website will be going down for a short time for site maintenance starting at 11AM PT. We will be making an update to the way that you purchase SimPoints and Worlds on The Sims 3 store.

When selecting a SimPoint or World bundle you will now be brought to Origin.com for your payment.

The payment flow will goes as follows:
For SimPoints:
  • Choose the amount of SimPoints you want and follow the instructions on-screen to purchase them.
  • Go back to https://store.thesims3.com/ and refresh the page (press CTRL + F5 on a PC or Command + R on a Mac)
  • Your SimPoints balance will refresh too, and you’ll see your new points have been added.
    • If your SimPoints balance does not correctly display your expected balance, log out of https://store.thesims3.com/ and log back in.
    • If you’re also logged into the game, or have the launcher open, you’ll need to exit and restart so that your new Points balance is updated in-game.

For World Bundles:
  • If you select a World Bundle from the store on thesims3.com, you’ll be taken to the Origin.com purchase page for that bundle.
  • If you’re asked to, please log in to Origin.com using your thesims3.com username and password.
  • Follow the instructions to complete your purchase and you will be given a code to redeem.
  • To redeem the code, go to the code redemption page on thesims3.com and enter your code.
    • Check the box to agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
    • Click Redeem.
  • Next, go to your Purchase History and click the Download button for your new World.
  • The World should now be available for you to download through The Sims 3 launcher.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

Comments

• bobbiburrowsbobbiburrows Posts: 2 New Member
    The website no longer even shows up. It's as if it's been deleted from the web. Earlier, it had the usual down for maintenance message. Now, the page says it cannot be found. Will the website be coming back or is it permanently down?
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    The website no longer even shows up. It's as if it's been deleted from the web. Earlier, it had the usual down for maintenance message. Now, the page says it cannot be found. Will the website be coming back or is it permanently down?
    I just had the same problem too. I thought, "Uhhh, did they close the entire The Sims 3 website and store? I for sure thought they'd give everyone a heads up long before they actually pulled the plug..." They probably pulled it down fully to make all these changes and then test them to make sure the transition goes perfectly before putting it back online to the general public. I very much doubt it's gone forever but check back later tonight or tomorrow as I'm sure it'll be fully functional shortly. There's still a small army of people working on everything The Sims.
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    How will this effect worlds purchased through the Daily Deal or Make Me An Offer?
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • doobert222doobert222 Posts: 5 New Member
    I got scared for a second, thought I had accidentally blocked the site or something. I even asked the Sims 3 Twitter account and they redirected me here. :D

I have to say I secretly hoped they'd be adding some new content, clothes/items or whatever. *hint hint, Sims 3 people*
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    doobert222 wrote: »
    I got scared for a second, thought I had accidentally blocked the site or something. I even asked the Sims 3 Twitter account and they redirected me here. :D

I have to say I secretly hoped they'd be adding some new content, clothes/items or whatever. *hint hint, Sims 3 people*

You are not alone on your thoughts.I thought the same. :'( A guy can dream can't he.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    @SimGuruDrake is there and ETA for the website being back up?
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I hope this doesn't mean we will be forced to install Origins 1.69 update. If so, I'm done.
  • BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    It is a website update nothing to do with which client version you use.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Bazajaytee wrote: »
    It is a website update nothing to do with which client version you use.

Thank you.
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Is this going to mess up the Daily Deals? I've been waiting for one coming up for sooooo long!!
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Can we still gift worlds by buying it then giving the code to someone else? Because I'm hosting a giveaway for a world right now...
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Can we still gift worlds by buying it then giving the code to someone else? Because I'm hosting a giveaway for a world right now...

Which world?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    the website seems to be back online! Just signed in!
    @HillyBeth whichever one the winner wants, as long as you can buy it with simpoints! Here is the link.
    @HillyBeth whichever one the winner wants, as long as you can buy it with simpoints! Here is the link.

Oh. I'd try to enter, but I don't have any points. :(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    Oh man site down again,
    GrandiSunshine
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Back up! Just logged in...
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    > @rainesrandi said:
    > Oh man site down again,
    > seems to be back up, not sure what happen.
    GrandiSunshine
    HillyBeth wrote: »

@HillyBeth oh no, I don't mean "as long as YOU can buy it with simpoints" I meant you generally. I'm the one that's going to be buying it, but only ones that can be bought with simpoints are options. I won't gift one that has to be bought with "real" money.
  • bobbiburrowsbobbiburrows Posts: 2 New Member
    The site is still down. It's a bunch of code, with an http status 500 error message- The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request. Don't know how you all could have logged in, because the site has not come up for me at all since they shut it down for maintenance earlier.
    HillyBeth wrote: »

@HillyBeth oh no, I don't mean "as long as YOU can buy it with simpoints" I meant you generally. I'm the one that's going to be buying it, but only ones that can be bought with simpoints are options. I won't gift one that has to be bought with "real" money.

Subscribed. :) But the site's still down.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    Website is back up
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Bazajaytee wrote: »
    Website is back up

Yup, still working for me, glad it seems to be fine now.
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    What about people who have lots of points saved up but haven't bought worlds yet? Will the points just sit there until they expire at some point or the website is shut down? I have more points than I have things left to buy already and I am still waiting to purchase MH. These are points purchased with money and I will be extremely upset if I cannot use what I have unless EA gives me a refund.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    edited January 2016
    @heaven_sent_8_18, it's only applies to worlds such as Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, Barnacle Bay and Dragon Valley as they are considered retail store worlds and you have to use real money to buy them. When you buy the standard version of these worlds from TS3 store, you get 100 simpoints, Gold version has 1900 simpoints. As for the rest of the worlds such as Midnight Hollow, you can still get them from the TS3 store as they didn't do a retail store version of them. Hope this makes sense... :)