Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 unplayable on some post-2013 Macs - *UPDATE*

SimGuruDrake has just confirmed that the Sims 3 team are apparently still looking into the incompatibility issue on post-2013 Macs and unsupported graphics cards, notably all Intel Iris and most Intel HD integrated chipsets:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14453811/#Comment_14453811

Let's hope they really are looking into it as it is affecting such a huge amount of Mac Simmers.

apple-signature.png

Comments

• Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I hope so, Even though there are a few simmers using this system they are potential players that could buy stuff for this game.
  • Gabs_Gabs_ Posts: 1 New Member
    It's been a few months now and it still doesn't work. Is there any recent update to finding out what's wrong with the game?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    At this time, no additional information has been supplied.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    Any resolution?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    No word yet.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Which "team" is looking into it? Is there still a Sims 3 team or is it the Sims 4's team job to figure this one out? My sister has a new Macbook and the game is unplayable, after the hundreds of dollars invested in it over the years...
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Which "team" is looking into it? Is there still a Sims 3 team or is it the Sims 4's team job to figure this one out? My sister has a new Macbook and the game is unplayable, after the hundreds of dollars invested in it over the years...

Have you tried editing the sgr files as recommended? I wouldn't hold your breath for EA to ever fix it, it's been nearly 3 years now.

apple-signature.png