Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Savannah Group Showcase

Welcome to my little corner of the building world. I figured that since I have a few lots that I have uploaded for Sims 4, that it was time to collect them together and make a showcase thread. I hope you enjoy what you see. Feedback and comments are welcome.

(Note: Savannah Group is a completely fictitious architecture and building firm that my husband and I made up in the Sims 2, which we used for building, and have used in Sims 3 and 4 as well. In the Sims 2, we actually built the offices and did a picture story of what it looked like as you walked through the building.)

Comments

• LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2016
    Index of Lots:

Community:
    Gnome Sweet Gnome - pg 1
    Ancient Baths - pg 1
    Train Depot - pg 1
    Oasis Lounge - pg 1
    Fairytale Theatre - pg 2

Residential:
    Tranquil Haven - pg 1
    Briarcliff - pg 1
    Olivette - pg 1
    Lemon Drop - pg 1
    Apple Brook Cove* - pg 2
    Jocote Sunrise - pg 2
    Steampunk Manor - pg 2
    Lilac Lane - pg 2

* Apple Brook Cove was a collaborative building project. Interiors were done by me. Exterior and shell done by Athenacapulet.
    Post edited by LionessInMN on
    Tranquil Haven
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6F4F2836AC3711E583F067DEF2F8FAF8

Type: Residential
    Number of bedrooms: 3
    Number of bathrooms: 3
    Price: 271,176
    Lot: The Summer Home (40X30, or any lot with the 40 square facing the street)

This is a two story home with a red, black and white theme. It is CC free and move objects was not used in its construction. The home features peaceful relaxation areas, with hot tub, massage table and yoga mat as well as a kicking dance floor/party room with a bar and DJ booth.

Photo highlights:
    frontview.png
    sideview.png
    backview.pngkitchen.pnghottub.pngmasterbath.png

Full slideshow (12 pictures): Slideshow here

Briarcliff
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DBCD4A69B31911E589FF95621DDA1796

Number of bedrooms: 2
    Price: 196,083
    Lot: Optimist's Outlook (40X30, or any lot with the 30 square facing the street)
    Entered in contest: QualityControl14

This is a Queen Anne inspired two story that was designed for a quality control contest. The contest requirements were a large entertaining area in the back, a study, an arts/crafts area, and two bedrooms at least. Skill/activity items on the lot include dance floor, bar, guitar, chess table, easel, bookcases, computer, massage table, meditation stool, yoga mat, and treadmill.

Photo highlights:
    1.%20Front%20view.png
    3.%20Back%20porch.png
    5.%20Living%20Room.png
    6.%20Dance%20Floor.png
    7.%20Master%20bath.png

Full slideshow (9 photos): Slideshow here
    edited January 2016
    Gnome Sweet Gnome
    Lot link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1CCD0DF3AEA511E58109F961C4F63D79

Type: Community
    Zoned: Spa (set up as Garden club meeting area)
    Price: 134,387
    Lot: Tranquil Crescent (30X30)
    Entered in contest: QualityControl13
    This lot won a Judges award from @Cbear13. Thank you!

Judges%20Awards%20cbear%20Lioness.png

Welcome to the Gnome Sweet Gnome Garden Club! Do you love to get your hands dirty? Got a green thumb? Just like adorable gnomes? Well, then this is the place for you! Whether you enjoy gardening, herbalism, cooking, wellness, or just reading about them, the GSGGC (Gnome Sweet Gnome Garden Club) has a place for you.

Take a stroll around our beautiful grounds, and you can see the flower beds in the center square, the working vegetable garden under the glass roof, and fruits in the back. You can even grill your fruits and eat them at the picnic table. If you are looking for a bit more unusual horticulture, with proper access, you can help maintain the alien habitat. Just remember to feed the cow plant, lest you be eaten yourself. Inside of the clubhouse are the herb gardens. There is a lovely kitchen should you decide that you would like to cook what you pick.

(Note: This lot has all of the perfect plants in the game to this point)

Photo highlights:
    1.%20Street%20View.png
    3.%20Alien%20Habitat.png
    4.%20Flowers%20and%20veggies.png
    5.%20Gathering%20area.png

Full slideshow (7 photos): Slideshow here
    Ancient Baths
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/18DCA548B0B211E58340F961C4F63D79

Zoned: Pool
    Price: 220,310
    Lot: Twin Oracle Point (50X40)
    Entered in contest: QCMonthly5

Savannah Group is pleased to announce the opening of the Ancient Baths. While camping at the ruins of Twin Oracle Point, Barbara Builder (my simself) made a discovery that the area was the home to curative ancient springs. She therefore petitioned the town of Newcrest to build a bath house on the site. The city approved, with the condition that the ruins needed to remain and the architecture needed to stay as close to what an ancient bath would have been given current building materials. Upon further research, Barbara discovered that many ancient baths had a series of rooms ranging from cold, to warm, to hot. Therefore, the baths were designed with three pools. The cold and warm pools being outside, and the hot pool being in the building.

There is another building on the side of the main pool where people can enjoy a snack, cup of coffee, or go to the bathroom.

Photo highlights:
    1.%20Street%20View.png
    2.%20Left%20Side%20View.png
    3.%20Right%20Side%20View.png
    5.%20Inside%20view.png
    6.%20Coffee%20House.png

Full slideshow (7 pictures): Slideshow here
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited January 2016
    It is very nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds! :) Each of your builds are very nice! I have posted about them on the challenges threads and on the sharing your creations thread so I won't post about them again now. Each of them are very creatively designed, built and furnished :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow. I appreciate it. I thought I should gather them all up in one place since they are a bit scattered :). I have something new in the planning phase but this one might be a little ambitious. I will see if I can pull it off.
    edited January 2016
    Train Depot
    Lot Link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/247C3748B41511E58C07F961C4F63D79

Zoned: Cafe' (can also use museum)
    Price: 250,112
    Lot: Twin Oracle Point (50X40)
    Entered in contest: 4Sims4 All About You (4Sims4seventeen)
    Contest Winner :) Thank you @pammiechick and @Zita1966z

Write up:
    I have been absolutely crazy about trains my entire life. In fact, some of my fondest memories include train trips. My first train trip as a kid was a short trip along a lake, where my family and I had pizza. I will never forget that trip. I was sure that I was in heaven. After I graduated college, I had the opportunity to travel all over Europe with a Eurail pass on the train. It was absolutely amazing.

So, when presented the opportunity to show what I wanted to about myself, I just HAD to make a train station. I consider the main office of the train station the room for myself, with a model train in it. I plan on making a model train at my house in the future. I would love that!

Actitivity/skill items on the lot include chess tables, bookcases, easels, Don't Wake the Llama, foosball, darts, computer, and gaming. The basement level (which is the way to get to the far platform) has a coffee shop.

{This lot was made with hidden objects on and move objects on, but no CC.)

1.%20Street%20view.png
    2.%20Train.png
    3.%20Platform.png
    4.%20ticket%20counter.png
    5.%20Main%20office.png
    7.%20Chess.png

Full slideshow (8 photos): Slideshow here
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I absolutely love your train station! My father worked for a railroad, and I too have many fond memories of train trips. May I ask how you made the trains and the glass roofs for the platforms?
    edited January 2016
    Your Train Depot build is so very creatively designed! :) It looks so very great! The design and layout of the build looks so very nice! The front porch entrance to the train station looks very nice. The spandrels look very nice how they are used there. The dome type windows look very nice how they are placed in the build and the towers look great! The water fountain feature on the front courtyard looks pretty. The enlarged train looks so very nice between the train station entrance building and the waiting platform! The train tracks look great! The danger signs are great touches there. Very nice waiting seats platform ! It looks very nice how the seats are placed there for sims to enjoy sitting there waiting for their train to arrive. The glass roofing there looks nice. The floral hanging baskets lamp lights look nice. The planter boxes are nice touches on the walls of the platform area. The clock statue looks great in the build. The brick texture of the walls through the build looks great and suits well the build theme. The train ticket windows area for sims to buy their train tickets looks great! The indoors office looks great! It looks nice how the computer study desk area is set up for the sims to use the computer and sell the tickets through the windows. The files and the map on the wall are nice touches in the room. Nice chess nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the table playing chess.
    It is a very creative build! :)
    Thank you @rosemow and @StSciurus The train is just the toy train cars that I enlarged. The glass shelters for the platform are just part of the normal items in the game. I didn't change them at all. I only just lined them up in a row.
    edited January 2016
    Oasis Lounge
    Lot Link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DCC5A811B59111E5877BAB7062346E37

Zoned: Nightclub (can also use lounge)
    Price: 89,278
    Lot: Rustic Residence, Widenburg (30X20 with 30 square facing the street)
    Entered in contest: AandL6 New Years Party
    Contest winner :) Thank you @amberthezombie

1.%20outside.png
    3.%20bar.png
    4.%20DJ.png
    5.%20Entertainer.png
    6.%20Kitchen.png
    7.%20Swimming.png
    The exterior design of Oasis Lounge looks so very nice! :) The glass windows walls in the build look very great! Very nice curved roofing! The pool areas in the buiild look great! The rock texture of some of the walls looks nice in the build. The triangular water fountain feature on the corner of the lot looks pretty, and is nice for sims to see when coming to the venue. The sky lighting looks nice.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue. The bar counter area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar and a chat. The drinks display shelves look great there, and the music themed picture looks nice on the wall. .The sims will like looking out through the windows and seeing the water. Sims will have fun dancing to the DJ booth music at the venue! Very nice tables and chairs area for sims to enjoy sitting there eating a meal and listeming to a comedy routine. The blue colour of the seating looks nice and the blue marble flooring gives a nice look to the room. It is great that there is a kitchen in the venue. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool!
    It is a very nice place to have a party ! :)
    Thank you @rosemow Much appreciated!
    edited January 2016
    Olivette
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4418C9A8B7E011E586E98896DEA325FB

Price: 121,961
    Lot: Avarice Acres (40X30, or any lot with the 30 square facing the street)
    Entered in Contest: Build-n-Share 35 We have a Plan (FaithofKaela provided the footprint of the home, the rest was mine)
    Result: Second place, established category. Thank you @BuildnShare

This is a two story home with a Mediterranean feel. It is CC free and move objects was not used in its construction. Skill / activity items present on the lot are chess table, easel, mirrors, computers, fish tank, bonsai tree, piano, guitar, and violin. Sims can also play Don't Wake the Llama or relax in the hot tub.

Photo highlights:
    1.%20Front%20view.png
    3.%20back%20side.png
    19.%20music%20area.png
    15.%20eat%20in%20kitchen.png
    14.%20art%20and%20game.png

Full slideshow (31 pictures): Slideshow Here
    Olivette is a very nice home! :) The layout of the home is very nice! The pillars look very nice how they are used in the build. The curved front patio is very nice! The flowers and plants look pretty on the edges of the porch. Very nice upper balcony for sims to enjoy sitting there looking out at the views. The archway windows look very nice in the build! The back patio areas are very nice! Very nice hot tub nook. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub or resting nearby on the seat bench. They will enjoy sitting at the table having a drink from the bar. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour scheme is very nice. Very nice music room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there listeming to the piano, guitar and violin being played. The type and placement of the curtains in the room looks nice. The kitchen and dining areas are very nice. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The floral type of curtains used look pretty. The skills and games room is great! Sims will have fun playing the llama desktop table game or enjoy painting on the easel whilst enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows.
    The home is very nice ! :)
    Thank you @rosemow With the snow today, I wish I was in a warm tropical climate in a house like this! :)
    Lemon Drop
    Lot Link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7EC931B8B94E11E586424700EA1EF34F

Number of bedrooms: 1
    Number of bathrooms: 1
    Price: 53,274
    Lot: Cottage Am See (20X20)
    Entered in contest: Under Renovation Challenge 26 By The Grid

A big departure from my normal builds, this is a one story home with one bedroom and one bathroom. It was based on a yellow theme, hence the name lemon drop. This house was built with no CC and move objects was not used.

Photo highlights:
    1.%20Front%20view.png
    3.%20kitchen.png
    4.%20desk%20and%20chess.png
    6.%20bedroom.png
    7.%20bathroom%20sink.png

Full slideshow (8 photos): Slideshow Here
    Lemon Drop is very nice! :) The yellow colour scheme of the exterior and interior gives a very nice look and feel to the home. The exterior of the home is very nice! Very nice roof covered front entry area! The open shutter windows look nice on either sides of the front exterior and the flowers look very pretty around the edges of the windows. The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! Very nice design of the kitchen! The yellow colour of the furnishings looks nice and sunny. The canibets look nice how they are placed on the walls and the green kitchen curtains complement well with the yellow colour scheme. The island bar stool counter is great for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there eating a meal. Very nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookshelf . The yellow wall picture is nice for sims to see when sitting there. They will have fun playing chess on the chess table. Very nice master bedroom. The scenic picture on the bedhead wall is calming when sims are coming to bed. They will enjoy seeing the sunlight coming in through their bedroom window when they wake in the mornings. The placement of the windows in the bedroom looks nice. The yellow flowers are a nice touch on the bedside table. The yellow pears picture in the bathroom looks nice there and suits the colour schrme of the home well.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thanks @rosemow i haven't done such a small build in ages! I had a really hard time adjusting to the footprint! But, I decided if it was going to be small, hopefully it would be cute and cheery.
    Apple Brook Cove
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/23D4D0BEBA2111E58705CFF3D7923E14
    NOTE: This is a collaboration. Exterior design and decoration done by Athenacapulet. Interior design and decoration done by me. Lot collaboration done with her permission.

Number of bathrooms: 4
    Price: 279,214
    Lot: Rippling Flats (40X30, or any lot with the 30 square facing the street)

1.%20Kitchen.png
    2.%20Family%20Room.png
    [4.%20Master%20bed.png
    5.%20Master%20fireplace.png
    7.%20Pink%20bedroom%20bed.png
    10.%20Blue%20bedroom%20bed.png

Full interior slideshow (12 pictures): Slideshow here
    The furnishing of the interior of Apple Brook Cove home looks so very nice! :) Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall paneling looks nice, and the placement of the cabinets around the windows gives a nice look. The island bar stool counter looks great! The type of stools used is nice. Nice window dining area for sims to enjoy eating meals there with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the living room, for sims to rest there and chat. The green, brown and yellow colour scheme of the area looks nice. The brown patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the room. The type of curtains look very nice there.The sunflowers look sunny on the coffee table. Sims will have fun playing chess on the chess table. Very nice bedrooms! The blue and pink colour scheme of the bedrooms looks very calming and pretty! The pictures look nice on the bedhead walls. The tissues and flowers are nice touches on the bedside tables. The cherry blossom plant is pretty for sims to see in the pink bedroom. Very nice fireplace sitting area in the family room. Sims will enjoy resting in the armchairs in front of the fire, enjoying sunlight coming in through the curtained windows.
    The furnishing of the home is very nice! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow. I don't think you miss a build! I appreciate the encouragement.
    edited January 2016
    Jocote Sunrise
    Lot link: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A606A535BBAB11E58B3AB9BC290E546C

Number of bedrooms: 1
    Number of bathrooms: 1
    Price: 44,936
    Lot: Cottage Am See (20X20)
    Entered in contest: UnderRenovation27 Disaster-Proof
    thirdplace.jpg

Renovated abandoned weather station built for challenge #underrenovation27. Skill/activity items on the lot include treadmill, yoga mat, meditation bench, bonsai tree, bookcase, computer, guitar, bar, and easel. Shell by pronterus.

Photo highlights
    1.%20front%20view.png
    4.%20patio.png
    6.%20kitchen.png
    8.%20living%20room.png
    10.%20bedroom.png

Full slideshow (13 photos): Slideshow here