Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JimmyW20 Show Case **** UPDATED 1-9 With Family Home

jimmyw20jimmyw20 Posts: 617 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
What you can look forward to:
I enjoy building houses.
I enjoy making suburban looking homes/country homes

I am always open to constructive criticism as well. If you notice anything that I could improve on or any ideas for builds, let me know, and if you like my builds and would like me to build something for you, I would be more than happy to try and build what you would like, try to include some kind of floor plan if possible

[img][/img]3Tes7ht.png
[img][/img]NMabyUv.png

What do you guys think of this house, any feedback welcome
Post edited by jimmyw20 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Is the home your build called Suburban Home 2? If it is, this is the link to it on the Gallery.
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F054AD1FB1BE11E58778BCD67EAF595D
    The exterior design of the home is very nice! :) Very nice layout of the build! The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. Very nice roofing! The plants look nice on the edges of the dome type windows, and the flowers look very pretty on the front edges of the home. Very nice rooftop balcony! The trees look nice either sides of the front pathway. Very nice backyard pool patio! Sims will have fun diving into the pool. The flowers and trees look nice along the back edges of the home.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
  • Options
    thanks very much, im going to upload pictures of the inside as well.

oh, yes i forgot to post the link to the house on the gallery
  • Options
    The first three bedrooms need decorations, but thats my weakest point :/ so feel free for ideas lol. I hope you all enjoy !

[img][/img]ztdvvEI.png?1

[img][/img]pGZ7Ymk.png?1

[img][/img]aFfK7QZ.png?1

[img][/img]5yUwMfj.png?1

[img][/img]QydI2WP.png?1

[img][/img]XLWrS2W.png?1

[img][/img]ExVgzwH.png?1

[img][/img]PNswJiD.png?1

[img][/img]o8n9oZn.png?1

[img][/img]OrkW6wR.png?1

[img][/img]ZVG24tA.png?1

• Options
    athenacapuletathenacapulet Posts: 74 Member
    What a beautiful house you've posted! I always find it a bit daring to make such big houses, but you've really succeeded!

I love how you placed the ball-tree-bush by the entrance, it really works with the theme! The garden is lovely as a whole, as well! I like how it's simple without looking it! There's a nice red thread through it and the colors outside all look well together.

On the back of the house, on the left side the windows are placed slightly to the left, I would suggest to move them to the center like you did on the right side. It'll look more symmetrical :)

You've done a great job with the interior design, it look sosososo nice! I really don't know why you say it's your weakest point when it looks so nice! The dining room is just wonderful and matches so well to the house! The way you've worked some golden colors to the brown wood works excellent! The dark wood in the kitchen looks really fine too. I really really love the kitchen area! The master bedroom fits wonderfully with the theme, the rug made a good color pop for the room!

As for the yet-to-be-decorated bedrooms I think you already know what to do! Some nice mirrors and paintings, carpets and some pots and plants. Throw some clutter in there as well, perfume bottles etc etc :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What a beautiful house you've posted! I always find it a bit daring to make such big houses, but you've really succeeded!

I love how you placed the ball-tree-bush by the entrance, it really works with the theme! The garden is lovely as a whole, as well! I like how it's simple without looking it! There's a nice red thread through it and the colors outside all look well together.

On the back of the house, on the left side the windows are placed slightly to the left, I would suggest to move them to the center like you did on the right side. It'll look more symmetrical :)

You've done a great job with the interior design, it look sosososo nice! I really don't know why you say it's your weakest point when it looks so nice! The dining room is just wonderful and matches so well to the house! The way you've worked some golden colors to the brown wood works excellent! The dark wood in the kitchen looks really fine too. I really really love the kitchen area! The master bedroom fits wonderfully with the theme, the rug made a good color pop for the room!

As for the yet-to-be-decorated bedrooms I think you already know what to do! Some nice mirrors and paintings, carpets and some pots and plants. Throw some clutter in there as well, perfume bottles etc etc :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds!

Thank you very much for the feedback, i really appreciate it. @athenacapulet

the dining room and the mater bedroom are by far my two favorite rooms, the other three rooms i keep trying things out and then i end up not liking it so i go back to the beginning and take it all out.

i will have more photos from other builds up by the end of the day im currently editing the photos now. thanks again
    Post edited by jimmyw20 on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    this was my first big project, i'll upload inside pictures soon :)

It says created by Marjia, because the original house that was on the lot was created by her.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/78C77E27B1A411E584BCBCD67EAF595D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jimmyw20&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
  • Options
    Feel free to give ideas on this one, its one of first bigger projects and needs a lot of work. all ideas are appreciated.

[img][/img]gLfTJKu.png?1

[img][/img]RZKnF8E.png?1

[img][/img]viMZhra.png?1

[img][/img]FpjHgys.png?1

[img][/img]RQxjxx8.png?1

[img][/img]2ZEX1yR.png?1

[img][/img]D0gkFNz.png?1

[img][/img]pwPK2Nz.png?1

[img][/img]dBZ1ZpT.png?1
  • Options
    My Latest House Is Here Im Very Proud Of This One. It Took Me About Two Hours To Do This One So Feel Free To Give Feedback.

[img][/img]3DVBgjd.png?1

Interior Photos Coming Soon
  • Options
    Your homes are very nice! :) The exterior design of Country Home is very nice! The dormers add a nice look to the home and the open shutter windows look nice. Very nice front porch. The flowers and plants look pretty in the front areas of the home. The trees look stately.
    Your other home is very nice! :) The texture of the exterior looks very nice! The dome type windows in the home look nice,Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! The brown wall and floor tiling in the bathrooms looks nice. The family dining room is a very special place for sims to enjoy eating their meals! They will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating there meals. The grandfather clocks look homely in the room and the shield wall banner looks great! The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when dining there. Very nice family rooms! The red and the brown colour schemes of the family rooms look very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas and in the arnchairs watching tv in front of the fire. The blue dinosaur in the nursery looks cute!
    The homes are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Here are the Interior pictures of the Country Home, i hope you enjoy

[img][/img]PzXJ56r.png?1

[img][/img]Rk0knQ6.png?1

[img][/img]SSm0zHb.png?1

[img][/img]23hshcc.png?1

[img][/img]U5fe8yd.png

[img][/img]3KYt3vm.png?1

[img][/img]S1S3Kc2.png?1

[img][/img]CXId2gQ.png?1

[img][/img]87QT1e2.png?1

• Options
    edited January 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your homes are very nice! :) The exterior design of Country Home is very nice! The dormers add a nice look to the home and the open shutter windows look nice. Very nice front porch. The flowers and plants look pretty in the front areas of the home. The trees look stately.
    Your other home is very nice! :) The texture of the exterior looks very nice! The dome type windows in the home look nice,Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! The brown wall and floor tiling in the bathrooms looks nice. The family dining room is a very special place for sims to enjoy eating their meals! They will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating there meals. The grandfather clocks look homely in the room and the shield wall banner looks great! The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when dining there. Very nice family rooms! The red and the brown colour schemes of the family rooms look very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas and in the arnchairs watching tv in front of the fire. The blue dinosaur in the nursery looks cute!
    The homes are very nice! :)

thank you so much, i really enjoy reading you reply they are always so positive, and you always have alot of detail, thats very good. i recently added picture of the interior of the country home, i hope you enjoy as much. thank you again @rosemow
  • Options
    The interior of Country Home is very nice! :) Very nice furnishing of the rooms! The white patterning of the family room walls looks nice.Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the sofas watching tv near the fire. The green plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the fireplace and near the windows . The family photos on the wall look homely in the room. Very nice dining area! The red flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals at the table. The patterned floor rug under the table adds a nice look to the area. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst dining there. Very nice design of the kitchen ! The island bar stool and stove counter looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors through the kitchen windows. The plants are nice touches in the room. Very nice master bedroom! The brown wall paneling looks very nice! The green colour of the bed and floor rug complements with the brown colour of the walls. The floral picture on the wall is pretty for sims to see when laying in bed. The wall and floor tiling in the bathrooms look very nice.Very nice furnishing of the kids bedrooms ! The pink and blue colour schemes of the rooms looks very nice. Very nice wall patterning. The music themed pictures on the girls bedroom wall are nice touches there. The sims will have fun playing the freezer bunny guitar! Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    so i created this house a little while back, its pretty basic, i got a little bored with it and decided to renovate it, this is how it looks on the outside. pretty plain if you ask me, that's my next big project without messing up what i did inside

[img][/img]o9kAuP9.png?1

and then the interior, which is totally opposite i know.

[img][/img]dNukXJ0.png?1

[img][/img]tTLSOZO.png?1

[img][/img]ppQbec9.png?1

[img][/img]ZiF6dQh.png?1

opinions as always are welcome, and deff feel free to give ideas on how i should redo the outside. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    The Family Home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The dormers look very nice in the build,. The exterior wall texture and the placement of the windows in the build look nice. The plants and flowers beds look very nice in the front corner nook areas either sides of the front steps. The tall trees give a great look to the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue, white and grey colour scheme of the living room looks nice. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas there watching tv. The plants look nice placed either sides of the tv. The computer study desk nook is great! The cabinets look great how they are placed there. Sims will enjoy using the computer there. Very nice dining room! The way the windows and picture are placed on the wall looks great! Very nice design of the kitchen. The grey wall texture gives a nice look to the room. The cutlery are a nice touch on the wall. The island sink and bar stool counter looks great.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    jimmyw20 wrote: »
    so i created this house a little while back, its pretty basic, i got a little bored with it and decided to renovate it, this is how it looks on the outside. pretty plain if you ask me, that's my next big project without messing up what i did inside

[img][/img]o9kAuP9.png?1

and then the interior, which is totally opposite i know.

[img][/img]dNukXJ0.png?1

[img][/img]tTLSOZO.png?1

[img][/img]ppQbec9.png?1

[img][/img]ZiF6dQh.png?1

opinions as always are welcome, and deff feel free to give ideas on how i should redo the outside. Thanks in advance

I like the kitchen!

• Options
    @rosemow thank you for your detailed response, i really appreciate it. @taylor13600 thank you as well, i think the kitchen is my favorite, that was actually the reason i built this house was so i could give my sim a nice kitchen and have everything she needs since she is in the culinary field