Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ctrl-Shift-C not working

Ctrl-Shift-C was working for me, no problems at all. Now the camera comes up. Yes, I have tried the Windows and Alt button and yes I have hit them all at the same time and not the C first but, the camera still comes up. I have Windows 8 and am playing on Dell laptop. Again, I have never had an issue with this until now.

Comments

• Sageness Sageness Posts: 10 New Member
    I had this issue last night but when I tried closing sims it wouldn't respond to closing so I closed out on the whole thing like through my Laptop and I've had this issue before and that always seems to fix it!
  • KalabekKalabek Posts: 37 Member
    i had the same issue when i was fixing my sister PC, also windows 8 and dell. I had to go and change one of the systems shortcuts.
  • QueenPhoenixQueenPhoenix Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Kalabek said:
    > i had the same issue when i was fixing my sister PC, also windows 8 and dell. I had to go and change one of the systems shortcuts.

Where did you go to change the shortcuts? It's bugging me how this is suddenly not working.
  • MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    Someone complained to me about having this same problem, but I couldn't give them a solution...
    It's not possible for the shortcut NOT to work, right? I've been playing since base game and it never happened to me!

Did you manage to make it work again?
    The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    if your windows 10 works as mine does & what you're wanting is the cheat bar hit ctrl+shift and while still holding down on those two hit c and that will bring up the cheat bar. hope this helps it was driving me crazy so researched all over the web to find it. :)
  • Raddish4Raddish4 Posts: 54 Member
    This combination stopped working for me today as well. I'll try to restart the game and see what happens.
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    I had this problem too awhile back. If your using the left side of your keyboard to hit Ctrl-Shift-C try using the keys on the right side of the keyboard. That's what I had to do. I think windows 10 messed it up or the game did it not sure.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    It happened to me before then I found out that the app I was using gyazo (where I can take screenshots which come out as gifs or make gifs of tutorial stuff for other forums I am on) also used the shortcut ctrl + shift +C.
    I had to uninstall it and to be honest it does not give a very clear and crisp gif quality so I am not worried.

I have a windows 10 by the way.

Check to see that you don't have any other app that uses the same combination as a shortcut

Goodluck ;)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Benn53Benn53 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just recently purchased an HP pavilion with windows 10 and I CANNOT get the cheat bar. How do you search to find which app is using that short cut?
  • piperplayspiperplays Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm late, but what I usually do is hit the keys in order. ctrl, shift, hold those together, then hit c last, and it usually works for me.
  • MeyermadeleineMeyermadeleine Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay I have tried ctrl shift c all the different ways and everytime I do it the cheat bar doesn’t pop up.. all that pops up is a + where my cursor is