Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fallout 4 Sole Survivor's Home: Pre-War!

Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
Alright, so I am in no way, shape, or form a "builder." This is literally the first actual home I have ever even remotely tried hard to create. Started nearly 4 hours ago...and why am I still up? It's almost 3 am...of course, the reason is so I could share it with all of you...sane people who are asleep right now. ._.

Regardless, I had a little too much fun with console commands in Fallout 4 last night and ended up getting a creative itch. After teleporting to pre-war Sanctuary Hills, I went ahead and took quite a bit of screenshots of the protagonists home and used them as a reference to recreate it as best I could in The Sims 3! I'm not really looking for critique, just wanted to share it and see if you guys would be interested in it being uploaded!

First, a few pictures of the exterior:
Screenshot-366_zpsh6cm07z5.jpg
Screenshot-367_zpsm567rtqy.jpg

The car port, complete with Into The Future hover-car (the cars in Fallout 4 seem more geared toward the futuristic aspect than the 50s/60s vintage look).
Screenshot-368_zpsf8snjyjp.jpg

Backyard cookout area:
Screenshot-369_zps1rii4vqt.jpg

Entrance:
Screenshot-370_zpsgdadrbyp.jpg

Living area:
Screenshot-371_zps88scjume.jpg

Kitchen (sadly, Codsworth-less):
Screenshot-372_zpsgskkcrpc.jpg

Dining area:
Screenshot-373_zpssmiun6f9.jpg
(I know it's detergent...but it was the closest clutter I could find to resemble cereal! XD)

Hallway leading to the bedrooms, bathroom, and laundry room (which I forgot to get pics of...but ya know, it's a laundry room. lol Has some shelves, washer, dryer...the washer and dryer are from the 50s set from the TS3 store):
Screenshot-374_zpssdydhf3z.jpg

Bath:
Screenshot-375_zpshr7cdalv.jpg

Corner of Sole Survivor and spouse's room:
Screenshot-376_zps2vcgorjg.jpg

Bed setup in their room:
Screenshot-377_zpsrwubamdp.jpg

And lastly, little Shaun's room. :)
Screenshot-378_zpsjkmiwvmw.jpg

Hope you guys like it! My main probably was proportions, I'd say. Had to resize rooms, the house itself, and the roofing so much. (The size of the roof is noticeably taller, primarily because I couldn't get those two itty bitty random sections of roofing to cooperate with the wall I used to make them unless the roof was a certain height..if that makes sense lol). Was driving me crazy toward the end (Especially when the eye dropper tool decided it hated me and didn't want to work for me anymore), but I think all-in-all in came out pretty good for my first stab at a non-generic house in TS3! :D

-I should note that, to my knowledge, this home is 100% free of custom content!
-Also: There are two mailboxes because I felt the retro one from Roaring Heights worked better with the house, but I wasn't able to delete the other one. Not sure how that will work with the mailman. lol But I think you can delete the extra with testingcheats? Not sure, didn't try. But I definitely will see what can be done about that when I test out a family in it (Maybe I'll even make my Fallout 4 family!)
-Another note: The interior pics are a tad dark because I forgot to turn the lights on (I moved a sim in there to get better pictures and I had her leave the lot so she didn't photobomb me! XD). :flushed:
Post edited by Emily4331 on

Comments

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Really nice! If I wasn't out right now, I'd be nuking it for immersion downloading it immediately!

Also, I should be not playing it so much to actually try to play other games... :(
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »
    Really nice! If I wasn't out right now, I'd be nuking it for immersion downloading it immediately!

Also, I should be not playing it so much to actually try to play other games... :(

Bahaha! No kidding! All of my other games must feel so neglected. D:

I guess that means I should definitely get this uploaded! I'll try to get it up later today or tonight. :)
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    ENolan wrote: »

Bahaha! No kidding! All of my other games must feel so neglected. D:

I guess that means I should definitely get this uploaded! I'll try to get it up later today or tonight. :)

I know the exact feeling! I haven't played TS3 in a while since some odd reason is making Advanced Rendering crash my game, I have The Witcher 3 completely ready to go, Skyrim needs me to finish remodding it because of a mod manager mistake, and yet Fallout 4 is just in front of them like: "I'm sorry, but I know we had an appointment to meet today.

Take your time on the upload unless you feel it's ready. I don't want to rush anything.
  • Options
    Haven't gotten this uploaded yet, but I'll have it up in the next few days.

I think I might be able to make the other Sanctuary Hills houses, only problem is they aren't accessible until after the place gets nuked...so the interior would have to be an educated guess mixed with the limit idea I'd get from the rubble. Lol
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    SuperKamakasy64SuperKamakasy64 Posts: 112 Member
    That's awesome :o , love it!
    eBeOEPN.png
  • Options
    Thanks so much, guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Working on 1 to 3 other houses tonight (Depends on how long each takes): the house directly to the right of the Sole Survivor's (if you're facing your house), the house across the street (where your workbench is located), and the house to the right of the house across the street (which is, thus far, the most structurally different. It's smaller and is lacking a carport).

A few things to note:

1.) The house right next to yours kind of has a color discrepancy. Pre-war, the house is blue...but post war it's yellow. I'm going to make it yellow. Mainly because the structure of it is very similar to the Sole Survivor's home (If you flipped it around and changed the roof slightly), so I don't want it to look too similar. Be aware, though, that I will still make this house from scratch, not going to work off of the Sole Survivor's home. I'd probably just screw myself up if I did that. lol

2.) The house to right of the one with the workbench (if you're facing it) is completely inaccessible post-war and pre-war, so I'll have to make that home's interior based entirely off of any patterns I find while making the other homes (which, thankfully, all seem fairly similar inside...if I can compare the thermonuclear destruction of the houses I can't get into to the original, pristine state of my character's home pre-war. lol Which I think I sort of can...I have a decent idea of what each room had in it.

3.) The house across the street seems (looking in it post-war) to...not have a bedroom? I checked the structure of each to insure that the workshop area didn't just hack off the bedroom...and that doesn't appear to be the case. The house's structure is 100% the same pre and post war, so I'm not sure. Just going to turn this office-type room in it into a bedroom-office.

EDIT: I feel like I would benefit from drawing myself a map of sanctuary and labeling the houses so I don't have to put overly elaborate descriptions of which house it is in my folder of references and just put their...code name. lol I should do that before I start building!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Alrighty, got some stuff done tonight. The first - I created the house I named "Mr. Smith", that just happens to be the name of the NPC standing in front of it when you teleport back to Sanctuary Hills pre-war. lol

Screenshot-391_zpsrobjgeui.jpg
    Screenshot-392_zpsfm0hf7sh.jpg
    Screenshot-389_zpsbfekgmxc.jpg
    Not pictured is the colossal backyard. Open for whatever. And yes, there are breaks in those shrubs!

Living area:
    Screenshot-382_zpsscn14uvd.jpg
    Screenshot-381_zpsca89x18s.jpg

Dining area:
    Screenshot-384_zpswirj12pi.jpg

Kitchen:
    Screenshot-383_zps8spaq9tm.jpg

Hallway:
    Screenshot-385_zpsdu5mopg6.jpg

Bedroom:
    Screenshot-387_zpscybuvddn.jpg

Second Bedroom:
    Screenshot-388_zpsekjbtmi2.jpg

Bath:
    Screenshot-386_zpsikak4dxb.jpg

Not pictured is a very, very teeny tiny laundry room. lol Couldn't fit the camera in there, but it isn't really worth a picture anyway. So, I feel these others houses' interiors are really open to whatever. I added the bare bones of what I could see the rubble of and what I thought might be there. I feel like it sort of worked, but at the same time some rooms feel mildly empty (which could be a fault of me just making the rooms too big...I seem to have that issue. lol). But, regardless, I think when I put them up for download it should be fine for whoever gets them. They'll probably want to add things to it anyway!

After I did this house, I realized that that roof tiling is a lot closer to the color of the one from the game (no clue how I overlooked it a few nights ago lol), so I went ahead and redid the roof of the Sole Survivor's house as well:

Screenshot-390_zpsopmchbow.jpg

Forgive the grids in some of those, I had already moved someone in to take pictures of the exteriors, but I noticed some slight screwups and had to retake them...didn't feel like moving any one else in!

I think I'd like to upload all of the Sanctuary Hills homes together, so these may not get uploaded until then. We'll see! But I hope you guys like this new one!
  • Options
    Another Sanctuary Hills home! They're getting a little repetitive, I feel, which makes me think I might want to move on to making my own homes...not sure I have the talent, though! lol

Screenshot-393_zpsykpisril.jpg

Screenshot-395_zpssmhreyfu.jpg

Screenshot-394_zpsgkghsnp0.jpg

Screenshot-397_zpskbvrykhs.jpg

Screenshot-398_zpslzlwqw5y.jpg

Screenshot-399_zpsjbufkqsn.jpg

Screenshot-400_zpsl5atsw7d.jpg

Screenshot-401_zpssz2bd1r8.jpg

Screenshot-402_zps71xnz067.jpg

I mentioned I had a hard time determining the size I should make rooms..You might notice there's no bedroom pictured here. lol It's because I made the room super small and could only fit a bed in there. *cough* So it's kind of an uneventful picture! Ha!
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    These look amazing Em! So much better than the Fallout 4 home I created lol. I just might have to download your versions :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    Did I read right, you're not sure if you have have the talent? After making stuff that awesome, you're not sure if you have the talent? You crazy! ^^ These are awesome, I wish I had The Sims 3 so I could play these.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    Did I read right, you're not sure if you have have the talent? After making stuff that awesome, you're not sure if you have the talent? You crazy! ^^ These are awesome, I wish I had The Sims 3 so I could play these.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words. :)

I could make them in The Sims 4. I actually saw someone else who made the sole survivor's home in TS4 already, though!

Ooh here. Found the home and other awesome Fallout goodies for TS4! Fallout CC Showcase
  • Options
    CalvinBeckettCalvinBeckett Posts: 11 New Member
    Please Upload these, they look amazing and I can't wait to play the Fallout 4 Family.
  • Options
    Please Upload these, they look amazing and I can't wait to play the Fallout 4 Family.

Sure thing, I'll see if I can get them uploaded tonight. Kept forgetting. D:
  • Options
    @CalvinBeckett

Here you are, sir. All 3 houses on the exchange!

Sole Survivor's Home

Workbench Home

Mr. Smith's Home
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Emily4331 Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Which DLC is required for this?
  • Options
    And which store items?
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure. The exchanged should've noted which. However ,they seem to have been taken off of there. I guess lack of downloads. Sorry about that. Only thing I know for sure is that the cars are from Into The Future. I do own a lot of store content and all expansions/most stuff packs. It'd be hard for me to pinpoint which is needed.
  • Options
    I managed to figure out what some of the items were based off of the screenshots but not all of them, particularly the dining room chairs and the bed. Once again thanks for making this. If you have the time would you be willing to re-upload the Sole Survivor's house so I can check which store items are needed? If your too busy though I understand. Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't believe I moved the files to my new computer. If I did, it'd be pretty easy to re-upload for you. If they're on my laptop, it might take me a bit longer, but I'll see what I can do and I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Okay thanks :smile:
  • Options
    Here you are. :) Under items it lists every expansion, stuff pack, and store item used.

Sole Survivor's Home

• Options
    Thanks, really appreciate it.