Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited November 2017
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Is there any LARGE HOUSEHOLD mod that works for the game including the most recent patches and the CD expansion? One that also enables try for baby / adopt / adding pets? The limit of 8 has always been too small for my taste, but to keep it at 8 with the pets included is even more limited!

I would like to know this as well. I am not a fan of having to count the pets in the household since we can't actually control them. :/

I have found that this mod still works! If you have S4pe you can also easily set your own new limit if the 3 flavors they offer aren't to your liking. The whole mod is actually only 1 line so theres not much that can actually break. For myself I've decided to try MCCC Hotfix 3.9.5 now that it seems more stable, en just set that one to 25 (it's max).

Edit: Just as a warning that can't be repeated often enough: Regardless of what mod / setting you use, you can NOT take a household of more then 8 sims to CAS, or you WILL loose all the surplus. I have not tested this with 8 human sims plus 1 of more pets, but I imagine the game will not make any difference there. If you need to edit your sim have them go inside a walk in closet!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Looking for a disable phases mod for the Parenting Pack and also a "No Mood Swings"
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    the adhd trait that i use for my story broke with the current update.

so i would like someone to make me a new one. i have to keep starting over because before i can get to the last generation something breaks the game but if i can just get the trait i need i could avoid that.

my other problem is i found one but in order for me to use mods they have to be free. so i download from mts.
    my other problem is i found one but in order for me to use mods they have to be free. so i download from mts.

Are there actually paid mods for the sims? I didn't know that?
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Is it possible for someone to create a mod to control pets?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Kay8Orange wrote: »
    Is it possible for someone to create a mod to control pets?

Your wish, apparently, is their command :D

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/14/sims-4-cats-dogs-controllable-pets-mod/
  • TLEE75TLEE75 Posts: 65 Member
    DOes anyone know if there arre any mods for get to work and dine out? Like retail perks or dine out perks? I know about coolspears mods but i dont think hes going to be updating those for the recent patches
    Mental Health Advocate
    Simmer
    Author
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii

Are there actually paid mods for the sims? I didn't know that?

i think some on tumbler.

thats why i use mts its garuteed free. the modder who made the orginal trait never came back. it was made in 2015 i think but up until the last update it always worked for me,
  • SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    I'm fairly new to Sims 4 and only have played Sims Free play & Sims mobile. I got the pet mod downloaded and it's fabulous! It's my first one and I had no idea what mods were 3 weeks ago, but I will have to look for more. I also downloaded some beer mod thing, but I didn't do it right I don't think. Do any of you have the beer one? It looked really cute too. I wish I would have known about this version of Sims a long time ago. :)
  • billyssoiminebillyssoimine Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if disability mods have been made? I'm in a wheelchair, and I'd like my sim to be in one too. If the scripting doesn't allow for that, I wouldn't be surprised, I just don't quite know exactly how it would work. Thank you!
  • llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    Many players may already be aware of the fact that The Sims 4 lacks a story. So, here's some ideas of how to get a good story from a mod!

For starters, a simple mod that adds custom story-like responses in the notifications whenever a sim perform certain social interactions from the pie menu with the active sim. For an example, if your sim is on a hot date and the other sim flirts with you, the notification will say something like "You have beautiful eyes". It would work great during family dinners as well, when your sim uses the "Ask about day" interaction, the notification would appear saying "today I tripped and almost fell in a puddle". Another example is when a sim catches your sim cheating, they could say "How dare you!" after using the argue or slap interaction.

Another idea is making the 'Propose Marriage' and 'Divorce' social interactions autonomous and paired with a custom script that gives the player a dialog asking if you accept or reject another sim's proposal or divorce. The divorce will function like the 'Pay Bills' interaction on the mailbox. The initial divorce popup will include a warning of how much it would cost for a divorce. That way you can check your household funds before making a decision. If you accept the divorce, your sim will receive divorce papers in the mail that has to be signed (using the 'pay bills' animation). Once it's signed and placed into the mailbox, the divorce fee will be automatically deducted from the household funds. If your sim can't afford the divorce, the papers can't go into the mailbox until the funds become available. The breakup interaction could be made autonomous by default, while increasing the chances of it being selected when receiving betrayal buffs or having a negative romantic bar (why stay in unhappy relationship?).

Well, as simple or complicated as it may sound, I think these ideas could create some unpredictable and exciting gameplay.
    I tried to fix my adhd trait with the sims studio but i lack the skills to do it.
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod not for playable or controllable pets, just the ability to see things like their age, skills, needs, etc.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
    Does anyone know of a mod not for playable or controllable pets, just the ability to see things like their age, skills, needs, etc.

I need that too! (*cough* should be in game *cough*)

There's this: https://simsvip.com/2017/11/14/sims-4-cats-dogs-controllable-pets-mod/

I haven't installed it so don't know if it does what you want, but might be worth a look?
    I haven't installed it so don't know if it does what you want, but might be worth a look?

That is actually a 'controllable' pets mod. I (and the person above me as well) am looking for something that just gives us info. Like the age of the pet, and whether it is say hungry or needs to pee. So that you don't have to guess at that. But it still has autonomy and surprises us with its actions.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2017

That is actually a 'controllable' pets mod. I (and the person above me as well) am looking for something that just gives us info. Like the age of the pet, and whether it is say hungry or needs to pee. So that you don't have to guess at that. But it still has autonomy and surprises us with its actions.

Hi! I know this might seem annoying, but the controllable pets mod can do just that. The pets still act exactly as they would as they do when are not controllable, all you have to do to not control them is not to.. Well, not control them. The mod allows you to click on their portrait so you check out their needs and such, but you don't necessarily have to use the mod how it's advertised. They still continue to do all the autonomous things that they do normally when you don't have the mod, the mod just adds the addition to be able to direct your pets to do extra stuff, but just bc you have the mod doesn't mean you actually have to control them (like I said.) ;) I use it just for checking out their needs and not controlling them and they still surprise me with autonomous actions.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to request this but... Everyone who has Cats & Dogs and the First Snow mod by SimCookie has probably already figured that the mod is causing way too many problems to be able to play even relatively normally. Since SimCookie team is on an indefinite (long) hiatus I was wondering if anyone is able to update or fix the mod so it'll be fit for the updated game...? I believe many of us will miss the snow in the game now that Winter is just behind the corner...
    Help? :(
  • shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Is there any LARGE HOUSEHOLD mod that works for the game including the most recent patches and the CD expansion? One that also enables try for baby / adopt / adding pets? The limit of 8 has always been too small for my taste, but to keep it at 8 with the pets included is even more limited!

I would like to know this as well. I am not a fan of having to count the pets in the household since we can't actually control them. :/

I have found that this mod still works! If you have S4pe you can also easily set your own new limit if the 3 flavors they offer aren't to your liking. The whole mod is actually only 1 line so theres not much that can actually break. For myself I've decided to try MCCC Hotfix 3.9.5 now that it seems more stable, en just set that one to 25 (it's max).

Edit: Just as a warning that can't be repeated often enough: Regardless of what mod / setting you use, you can NOT take a household of more then 8 sims to CAS, or you WILL loose all the surplus. I have not tested this with 8 human sims plus 1 of more pets, but I imagine the game will not make any difference there. If you need to edit your sim have them go inside a walk in closet!

Once you have more than 8 sims in a household the mccc command "modify in CAS" will only edit that one sim, not the entire household. Extremely handy since i tend to be an airhead and forget to practice "safe editing"-haha
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Sims look like clowns since the lastest patch, now even when going clubbing, so I long for a mod which lets us decide what outfit they wear on community lots (for each type like lounges, nightclubs et cetera), festivals and at work. Their weird fashion was funny to a certain degree, but now it has gotten out of hand.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
    Sims look like clowns since the lastest patch, now even when going clubbing, so I long for a mod which lets us decide what outfit they wear on community lots (for each type like lounges, nightclubs et cetera), festivals and at work. Their weird fashion was funny to a certain degree, but now it has gotten out of hand.

The 'Dresser' module of MC Command Center will do this for you.
    Problem with MCCC is that you cannot click on a pet and 'Modify in CAS' via MCCC... Since pets are always last in line that means that you cannot change the pet afterwards (in case of having more than 8 sims) in any way, only people. Which is a tad bit bothersome.
    Leia wrote: »
    Problem with MCCC is that you cannot click on a pet and 'Modify in CAS' via MCCC... Since pets are always last in line that means that you cannot change the pet afterwards (in case of having more than 8 sims) in any way, only people. Which is a tad bit bothersome.

Good point. Have you notified them of that yet? For example here, or on discord?
    [quote="AlHollandiyah;c-16175464"][quote="Leia;c-16175424"]Problem with MCCC is that you cannot click on a pet and 'Modify in CAS' via MCCC... Since pets are always last in line that means that you cannot change the pet afterwards (in case of having more than 8 sims) in any way, only people. Which is a tad bit bothersome. [/quote]

Good point. Have you notified them of that yet? For example [url="forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread"]here[/url], or on discord?[/quote]

Will do so... ^^ I hope it's updated soon. 8 slots for pets + sims is really a bit too few.
    Sorry for a glitchy quote... O.o... phone did that. Also that 'here' link doesn't work... :(