Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't close

HoneyHaninozukaHoneyHaninozuka Posts: 68 Member
So I have this problem where when I enter the game, some sims become invisible. I fix that by going to the mirror and choosing "Change Appearance." Never had a problem with that up until now. It's been over 10 minutes and it won't open. It's stuck on the "Entering Create a Household" screen. I've tried to close the game with many methods, including Alt+f4 and right clicking on the icon in my toolbar. What can I do? Thanks :)

EDIT: It's been over an hour and I've restarted my computer. Same sim became invisible, and went to mirror. It's happening again.
Post edited by HoneyHaninozuka on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2015
    go to task manager and end task on the sims 3
  • Options
    HoneyHaninozukaHoneyHaninozuka Posts: 68 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I've done that and it still isn't working. Thanks though!
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 I've done that and it still isn't working. Thanks though!

Than your only other choice in this situation is just to turn off the computer manually

Check your save folders to see if you have any saves with bad on the end of them and delete those

delete your cashe package files. These are temporary files the game will generate new ones ever time you play. It cleans the game and gets rid of some bugs. I delete these files ever time I start my game http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

You can use the reset sim cheat but evicting your sim in edit town and adding them back works better
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    Same here, but it doesn't crash on loading screen (every loading screen).

It crashes at night time (2am or earlier) when my Sims are asleep or do tasks at home or somewhere else. After that I find out that my game has frozen. And I am talking about the animations/the black 3D shadows of the UI (or whatever like that).

I force quit with Task Manager (yeah I am playing in windowed mode so that it's easier for me to access Task Manager) and, click on that 'End Program' button no matter how many times it pops up AND no matter how many times I click on that, but in the end I see the following messages: "Sims 3 has stopped working: Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. AND Sims 3 has stopped working: Windows is collecting more information about the problem. It may take several minutes... and when I click on Cancel, NOTHING happens!

I have tried many things such as setting the FeaturedItems folder as read-only, adding TS3W.exe to DEP, running in compatibility mode and restarting the computer. Nothing happens.

What can be the whole cause to the problem? Is that supposed to be a spawner notification, Overwatch notification or it's just my computer freezing for good? (And the game)

Any help would be VERY much appreciated, thank you :)
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    pagounis wrote: »

You have gotten plenty of help from many of us here. Are you still trying to play on a computer that has 2 GB of RAM total? You also have a Celeron processor (weak) and a weak graphics card whose drivers need updating.

No one can help you further if this is the computer you are still playing on, and it's not surprising that the game isn't working well for you I'm afraid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options

agree with @igazor . Your computer is under requirements and we have already tried to help you in other threads. Its against forum rule to bump dead threads and this was a dead thread and has not been active since Dec of 2015.
  • Options
    Sorry :(

But in order for it to be fixed I will need total 8GB of RAM and a new graphics card.
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Plus I am playing on a 2 GB computer.
  • Options
    Plus I am playing on a 2 GB computer.

The game wont run well if at all with only 2gb ram
  • Options
    Again, it happened, and with the 'Windows is collecting more information....' message. The only way to exit the application INSTEAD of forcing quit the game via task manager is restart my computer or power off my computer, to me. And it happens every time I start a new game but not in an existing saved game.

Does powering off the computer solve this problem?
  • Options
    Again, it happened, and with the 'Windows is collecting more information....' message. The only way to exit the application INSTEAD of forcing quit the game via task manager is restart my computer or power off my computer, to me. And it happens every time I start a new game but not in an existing saved game.

If you continue forcing this computer with 2GB of RAM and its weak graphics card/processor to play TS3 leading to the point where it gets stuck every time, you will eventually damage its Windows install and/or burn out its hardware and that computer will no longer be usable for anything. As you wish, it's your computer, but there is no solution on that set of hardware.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    igazor wrote: »

If you continue forcing this computer with 2GB of RAM and its weak graphics card/processor to play TS3 leading to the point where it gets stuck every time, you will eventually damage its Windows install and/or burn out its hardware and that computer will no longer be usable for anything. As you wish, it's your computer, but there is no solution on that set of hardware.

I like to add. Some of my personal experience on to that.
    I used to build cheap computers with cheap parts. Parts would start frying off the PCB that it was made on. I learned that you get what you pay for. A gamer computer in my opinion should have I5 and 970. Person should at least spend 700 dollars at desktop computer.
  • Options
    But what can I exactly do when the game reaches to the point of crashing? I have tried everything but nothing happened. :s
  • Options
    But what can I exactly do when the game reaches to the point of crashing? I have tried everything but nothing happened. :s

You really need a new computer that meets the requirements to play this game. Like @igazor mentioned you are going to damage the computer you have now because it does not meet the requirements to run the game
  • Options
    Got it. And this time that I closed the game I did not turn off my computer (rare for me and luckily my game didn't freeze with continuing animations, exited it clicking on the 'Exit' button and my computer let the game exit fine) from the Power button.

Does buying new memory for my computer affect anything?

(Sorry for bad english/misspellings.)
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It not going to change anything If you have weak CPU. While memory is important for games. Your CPU Is what control the speed of the game. Graphic card renders the graphics onto the screen.
  • Options
    Adding more RAM to that computer will make it more stable, generally. It will not change anything about what is installed or your files. It will also not be enough to make TS3 run properly, you really need either a new computer for that or switch to a less graphically demanding game like TS2 or something else entirely.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2016
    @pagounis Instead of spending money on that computer, I would put that money towards a new computer to start saving. Ram isn't too much (under 100 USD) but I would still save the cash. Ultimately your current PC will leave you in the dust anyways since the ram isn't the only issue.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 Does the game run much better with an amount of 8GB of RAM without this problem? (that the game would not close because of continuing animations while game is frozen in normal speed)
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 Does the game run much better with an amount of 8GB of RAM without this problem? (that the game would not close because of continuing animations while game is frozen in normal speed)

Sorry but we have already told you you need a new computer. Upping your ram won't help because your computer has other issues