Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Muffin Box. Just click paste.

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stu...pid." Albert Einstein

"Doctor Who has never pretended to be hard science fiction … At best Doctor Who is a fairy tale, with fairy tale logic about this wonderful man in this big blue box who at the beginning of every story lands somewhere where there is a problem." Neil Gaiman

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important" The Doctor, Doctor Who

"“The people of the world, all of them, whether it is the different race or the different language or the different lifestyle, tend to only think about what we cannot share. But our brains are all the same. We are the same people. With everyone’s strength, we can all share the same feelings. That much is obvious. But it won’t come easily.”
    ― Naoko Takeuchi, 美少女戦士セーラームーン原画集〈vol.5〉
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    A screenshot I posted on my wall earlier

wOaL6kB.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    [18:16:29] Men snölla Åååhhra!
    [18:16:30] aww
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    EtRn15Z.jpg

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png

Why is it that when I see someone bring "fire", I can't help but think of Firestarter?
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Did you hear about the two antennas that got married?
    It was a nice ceremony, but the reception was amazing!

(Me and my friend were having a corny joke contest with eachother :P )
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Ah yes, and Mr. Reus' cerise boxers
  • ChickenjichuChickenjichu Posts: 32 New Member
    Females Claim These 4 Boys Are The Most Attractive In The Industry
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Magical ponycorn adventure
    unknown.png
  • dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
    (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
    The room was white, but not all bright-wite, and there were dark red easy chairs and some small table.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    kweizIY.gif

My new gif siggie. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    edited March 2017
    Magical ponycorn adventure

k,lmao

Every single gif

(Idontrememberthis)
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Legacy at Heart - Hollow & Alive
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
    The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

---
    Alright so basically I was traumatising my friend on skype, I completely forgot about this :P
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    edited March 2017
    I changed the rules a bit so here is the time table for the days (how I will play them):

Day 1: Meeting up
    Day 2: Speed Dating #1
    Day 3: Group Date #1
    Day 4: Elimination #1
    Day 5: Results + House Party
    Day 6: Group Date #2
    Day 7: Elimination #2
    Day 8: Result + Solo Date #1
    Day 9: Speed Dating #2
    Day 10: Elimination #3
    Day 11: Results + Group Date #3
    Day 12: Solo Date #2
    Day 13: Elimination #4
    Day 14: Results + Family Meeting
    Day 15: Solo Date #3
    Day 16: Elimination #5
    Day 17: Dream Date #1
    Day 18: Dream Date #2
    Day 19: Final

As soon as the days are published you can click on the title and be directed to the chapter :)

Also, not every candidate will join the group dates. Plus, I will let YOU vote on this occasions:

who should particapte on a group date
    if there's a tie during an elimination
    who should have a solo date

[Plugging all the way :D ]
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in Ferrets
    Drs. Foster & Smith Educational Staff
    Inflammatory Bowl Disease in Ferrets: Causes, Signs, and Treatment
    Though inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is common in ferrets, there are still many questions regarding the cause and treatment of this disease that remain unanswered. "IBD" is a broad term referring to a collection of signs and microscopic changes in the GI tract that may be due to a number of causes. "Bowel" refers to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, so inflammatory bowel disease translates as inflammation of the GI tract. This inflammation occurs when the ferret's body mounts an immune response to a potential threat, but then the immune response continues indefinitely, damaging the GI tract. But what causes this inflammation? How do you diagnose IBD, and how can you treat it?

CAUSES
    The inflammation seen in IBD may result from multiple causes including food allergies, hypersensitivities to certain bacteria, or chronic viral infections. Some veterinarians feel that IBD may actually be a chronic reaction to an infection with the coronavirus that causes epizootic catarrhal enteritis. Infection with Helicobacter mustelae may cause signs similar to IBD.

Food allergies
    Food allergies could be associated with reactions to common dietary components such as chicken. This presents a problem, as virtually every ferret food contains some kind of chicken or chicken product. Corn and wheat may also cause problems for many ferrets and are present in a variety of ferret foods.

Hypersensitivities to certain bacteria
    Both "good" bacteria and "bad" bacteria can live in the GI tract and may cause an inflammatory response. The ferret's body could overreact to harmful bacteria, or mistakenly identify normal bacteria as a threat.

Chronic viral infections
    Long-standing infections may result in chronic inflammation in which certain cells accumulate in the walls of the intestine.

No matter what the cause is, the end result is serious damage to the bowel, which causes changes in the microscopic structure of the stomach and intestine. An accumulation of cells in the intestine decreases its ability to absorb nutrients and changes the speed at which food moves through the intestine. IBD is an ongoing condition that requires veterinary care.

SYMPTOMS
    There are no "classic" signs of IBD that you will definitely see. Diagnosis cannot be made by symptoms alone, as the symptoms of IBD are very similar to those for ulcers, coccidia (an intestinal parasite), and proliferative colitis, to name a few. Infection with Helicobacter mustelae may also cause signs similar to IBD. So a diagnosis based on symptoms will often overlook the possibility of IBD or falsely diagnose another disease as IBD.

These are some of the symptoms you may see in a ferret afflicted with IBD:

Sporadic soft stool in the beginning stages
    Lack of appetite
    Shift in food preference
    Formerly indiscriminate ferret now picky about food and treats
    Lethargy
    Dry coarse coat (from malnutrition)
    Weight loss
    Increase in stool frequency and amount
    Diarrhea
    Stool changes to a birdseed/grainy appearance
    With IBD, a ferret can lose up to 90% of the absorptive area of his intestine. This results in only partially digested food passing through his digestive system and diarrhea. Birdseed/grainy stool is seen when a ferret cannot absorb the nutrients from his food, and seeing this stool regularly means that your ferret is well on the way to serious malnourishment.

If you see any of these symptoms, schedule a veterinary appointment.

DIAGNOSIS
    The only way to definitively diagnose IBD is with a biopsy; this can be done surgically or with an endoscopy. The tissue samples are examined microscopically by a specially trained veterinarian or pathologist. In IBD, certain cells accumulate in the wall of the intestine. These cells may include lymphocytes, plasma cells, and eosinophils. These are the cells associated with the inflammation.

Although blood work is not helpful in actually diagnosing IBD, it can be useful in eliminating the possibility of other diseases. Blood work may suggest IBD, but a biopsy must be done to be sure. X-rays and ultrasounds will not show the inflammatory lesions and, are therefore, not as helpful for diagnosing IBD; though again, they may be helpful in eliminating other possible causes of the signs.

Definitively diagnosing IBD is very important before starting treatment. As mentioned before, the symptoms of IBD can be indicative of other diseases, and treating for IBD if the ferret actually has a different disease can make other conditions worse.

TREATMENT
    Treatment can have three parts - immunosuppression, dietary changes, and antibiotics.

Immunosuppression
    Since IBD is the result of an ongoing immune reaction, immunosuppression is the typical treatment that most veterinarians will choose. Immunosuppressive drugs will slow down or stop the reaction at many levels. A corticosteroid such as prednisone is generally used for this. The problem with using a drug that suppresses immune responses is that it will affect the entire body, not just the GI tract. If used at very high doses, these drugs can leave the ferret defenseless against other diseases that may invade other organs.

If your ferret cannot have prednisone or doesn't respond well to it, your veterinarian may prescribe azathioprine (Imuran). However, azathioprine can result in more serious side effects than prednisone, including bone marrow suppression. You will want to discuss the risks thoroughly with your veterinarian so you know what to watch for.

Dietary Changes
    Simply switching from one type of ferret kibble to another generally does not help because most ferret kibbles have the same basic ingredients. Ferrets with IBD need a bland, highly digestible diet such as Science Diet a/d, duck soup or baby food. A highly digestible diet will allow your ferret to absorb as many nutrients as possible even with his decreased digestive function.

Some cases of IBD are due to a food allergy, so you may want to discuss a chicken free diet with your veterinarian. There are some cat diets made from turkey and barley, rabbit, duck, or venison that may help. Another option would be to feed your ferret Science Diet z/d. This contains chicken, but the chicken is hydrolyzed (broken down into very small pieces), so the ferret's body won't recognize it as chicken. If there is a sensitivity to wheat or corn, these should also be eliminated from the diet.

Before deciding on any dietary changes, discuss them with your veterinarian.

Antibiotics
    In certain cases where a bacterial cause is suspected, your veterinarian may prescribe antibiotics and stomach protectants. Possible medications include amoxicillin, clarithromycin (Biaxin), bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), cimetidine (Tagamet), and sucrulfate (Carafate), among others.

SUMMARY
    If you suspect that your ferret may have IBD, schedule a veterinary appointment as soon as possible. If you receive a definitive diagnosis, discuss the best way to treat your ferret with your veterinarian. It may take some time to work out the proper dosage for medications and the best diet for your particular ferret, but with some work and patience, your ferret's disease will usually be able to be effectively treated. While there is no cure for IBD, it can be successfully managed for long periods of time.

*******************************************************************************
    One of my ferrets has been having issues I had been cutting and pasting info to a file
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    Timmari called Yuty from the kitchen, dinner was ready.

Timmari is a bit of a minimalist when it comes to interior design and such, too much stuff has never been his thing. Yuty, though... He loves material possessions. And Timmari copes with that. Because he loves Yuty so much. Like "who's he to tell his husband that his love for beatiful object should be discouraged?" I don't even think they reached a compromise, Timmari just went with it.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    https://www.privacypop.com/shop/tent/privacy-pop-bed-tent/blue/

Just told a couple of people I want this for my birthday.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Scrooge.png

Pfft.
  • coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    compete eagerly with someone in order to do or achieve something.

Oh yeah, I was looking up the definition for "Vie", as in Project Vie, AS IN a competitor for the Sims, or so I've heard.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
    "You like nice things? Whydontcha buy me a new, nice shirt. Darling."
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member