Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Totally off the topic of Sims, but I just wanted you all to know how great the Beaver Dam, WI Fire Department/Bomb Squad is.

Daughter # 3's SIL was a resident of the building where a piece of human excrement misguided individual :angry: decided to build a bomb in his second floor apartment. He blew himself up and rendered all the other 15 apartments uninhabitable due to the instability of the chemicals he was using ( you can find the full story by Googling 'Beaver Dam bombing' ). She was allowed to get her 2 dogs out of her apartment that day but, after a controlled explosion by the Bomb Squad to get rid of everything in his apartment, was told the building was now too unstable to allow anyone back in to get anything. The authorities decided to burn the building down. She was beside herself at the thought she'd be losing everything she owned, even the keepsakes from her grandmother who died last fall.

Cut to Wednesday evening when they held a meeting for all the displaced tenants. The Bomb Squad said they would be making a final sweep of the building before the controlled burn to make sure there wasn't anyone inside any of the apartments and to remove any ammunition that might be there ( lots of hunters in WI ). They told everyone they had plastic bins to grab stuff for them if they would provide a list of what they wanted saved. Not sure of the size of the bins, she gave them a list of all her important papers and a few other items. Apparently the bins were rather large so after they grabbed the stuff on her list they added her photo albums/pictures on the wall, her jewelry, some of her clothes, and a few other things they thought she'd like to have. She was in tears when they gave her the bin.

I didn't learn about the wonderful thing the Bomb Squad did until late Thursday night. I'd been close to tears all day thinking of what was going on; couldn't even watch it on the news. I told hubby my heart was so much lighter than it had been all day :joy: . We're taking her to the area outlet mall to help her replace some of the household items she lost. I'm just so happy she didn't lose everything!

So, THANK YOU, BEAVER DAM BOMB SQUAD! :*<3
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited March 2018
    despina53 wrote: »
    Totally off the topic of Sims, but I just wanted you all to know how great the Beaver Dam, WI Fire Department/Bomb Squad is.

Daughter # 3's SIL was a resident of the building where a piece of human excrement misguided individual :angry: decided to build a bomb in his second floor apartment. He blew himself up and rendered all the other 15 apartments uninhabitable due to the instability of the chemicals he was using ( you can find the full story by Googling 'Beaver Dam bombing' ). She was allowed to get her 2 dogs out of her apartment that day but, after a controlled explosion by the Bomb Squad to get rid of everything in his apartment, was told the building was now too unstable to allow anyone back in to get anything. The authorities decided to burn the building down. She was beside herself at the thought she'd be losing everything she owned, even the keepsakes from her grandmother who died last fall.

Cut to Wednesday evening when they held a meeting for all the displaced tenants. The Bomb Squad said they would be making a final sweep of the building before the controlled burn to make sure there wasn't anyone inside any of the apartments and to remove any ammunition that might be there ( lots of hunters in WI ). They told everyone they had plastic bins to grab stuff for them if they would provide a list of what they wanted saved. Not sure of the size of the bins, she gave them a list of all her important papers and a few other items. Apparently the bins were rather large so after they grabbed the stuff on her list they added her photo albums/pictures on the wall, her jewelry, some of her clothes, and a few other things they thought she'd like to have. She was in tears when they gave her the bin.

I didn't learn about the wonderful thing the Bomb Squad did until late Thursday night. I'd been close to tears all day thinking of what was going on; couldn't even watch it on the news. I told hubby my heart was so much lighter than it had been all day :joy: . We're taking her to the area outlet mall to help her replace some of the household items she lost. I'm just so happy she didn't lose everything!

So, THANK YOU, BEAVER DAM BOMB SQUAD! :*<3

The beautiful people of this world make the bad ones insignificant. So sad your daughter had to go through this. But very happy she was able to experience the empathy and humanity of the Bomb Squad.

edit: awesome is for your daughter being ok and the good people going the extra mile to help others.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @despina53 I am so glad your daughter's sister in law and the residents are all ok and the only one killed was the one that caused the problem. Judgement works swiftly sometimes. The squad were awesome to do that for the residents and my heart goes out to them for the risks they take for others. Reading this brought tears to my eyes and I do pray that the residents will be able to find some measure of peace from having some of their important mementos with them.
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @despina53 I'm sorry for your family member, loosing your apartment must be so jarring. At the same time, I'm glad that only one person died when it could have been so much worse, and that she get to keep some of her mementos. That was a very kind thing to do from the squad!

I'm back on my regular wheelchair and when we were waiting for all the paperwork to be done, the guy who repaired it just did maintenance on my old one (the one I've used all week). Because he could. Sometimes, you despair of the world, and sometimes you believe again in humanity.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @despina, it is often in the worst of times that the best of people shines. And, as someone living with mental illness, thank you for the edited description of the man who was the source of all this sorrow. It is understandable that your first thought was, and is, what you first wrote. The truth is, among my friends, we often acknowledge that mental illness is an explanation. Not an excuse nor a ticket to get away with anything. We are each still responsible for what we bring/release into the world. And that applies to us all.

In this case, the workers of the fire and bomb teams brought relief and some hope to those effected by this sad event. An example of truly going above and beyond. I'm sure they were only required to do a cursory sweep from room to room. It could have been done rather more quickly than taking the time and care to locate and pack the items they saved.

Thank you for sharing this. Although the story starts with a horrible event, it brought a story of joy and faith as well.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    I rarely post items to Facebook. But I found an article online about this and shared it. In my opinion, positive events like these are what we should be sharing with each other.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    This is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

Current Deal
    454 ) May 2012 Compilation Set / 700 / 2800 / 75% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Technophobe No More; Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic G
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 395, # 436, # 751)

Upcoming Deals
    455 ) The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire / 627 / 1710 / 63% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 413, # 303)

456 ) Larger than Life Party Table / 28 / 41 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Dining Room Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

457 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Dishwasher / 42 / 81 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

458 ) Relaxed Sweater / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 677, # 268, # 380)

459 ) Island Villa / 306 / 347 / 12% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 365, # 451)

460 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 125 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 474, # 796)

461 ) It's Game Time / 154 / 545 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 328, # 75)

462 ) Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop / 265 / 593 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Level Up Collection; Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 31, # 548)

463 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 180 / 495 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 309, # 780, # 679)

464 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 212 / 450 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 250, # 188, # 621)

This is a 3-hour deal
    465 ) Sporty Tank Top / 38 / 75 / 49% / 3 hours

466 ) VDBM-880 Wall Mirror / 38 / 61 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Study; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @despina53 :open_mouth: What a great bunch of people. So glad she and her pets are okay and was able to recover at least some of her valuables but so sorry for the loss of her home and other items. Hip hip hooray for BEAVER DAM BOMB SQUAD!!
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Why is it I never seem to play as much as I plan to?

@Jude525 Wish I could say this but me: Boot up sims at 8 a.m....14 hours later, how did it get to be 10 p.m.?! Oooh, I need to pee. :smiley:
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    @despina53 , what a terrible thing to go through! I'm so glad your family member is OK! Fortunately there's still some good people in the world!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Why is it I never seem to play as much as I plan to?

@Jude525 Wish I could say this but me: Boot up sims at 8 a.m....14 hours later, how did it get to be 10 p.m.?! Oooh, I need to pee. :smiley:

LOL, I'm on the other side of the "pee" issue. If I don't remember to go before I come to the basement and sit down to play, something about this recliner specifically triggers my bladder and I instantly get the urge. No other chair in the house. At that point, I've already grabbed the laptop on the lap desk, and pushed back. *sigh* Sometimes I just ignore it and it passes until later. Okay, most of the time.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,086 Member
    Current Deal

466 ) VDBM-880 Wall Mirror / 38 / 61 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Study; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)

Upcoming Deals

467 ) Ragtime in the Big Easy / 578 / 1650 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 910, but less than # 442, # 934, # 167)

468 ) Contented Sighs / 7 / 31 / 77% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

469 ) Top of the Tower by Castle Kits, Inc. / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc.; Best of 2010 Collection

470 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Oven / 44 / 81 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 599)

471 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 450 / 891 / 49% / 2 hours
    Includes: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Study
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 790, but less than # 835)

472 ) Steampunk Savvy / 420 / 561 / 25% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 732, # 194, but less than # 118)

473 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 419 / 1073 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 382, but less than # 406)

474 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 130 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 460 but same as # 796)

475 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 257 but less than # 301)

476 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 112 / 467 / 76% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 644, # 921, # 923, # 851)

477 ) Ancient Warriors / 9 / 29 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 239, # 45)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited March 2018
    *Posting this a little early because I am sick.*

Current Deal

478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 239, # 45)

Upcoming Deals

479 ) Safari Living: Table Top Baobab / 11 / 27 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Safari Living Set; World Inspiration Compilation; Adventurous Life!
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.

This is a 3-hour deal
    480 ) Red Dragon Loveseat / 47 / 81 / 42% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

481 ) Snap and Sprint Shoes / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours

482 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

483 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 264 / 600 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 521, but less than # 775)

484 ) Regency Arcade / 867 / 1683 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 542, # 494)

485 ) Table End Table / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

This is not from the JCP set. It was sold the month before the JCP set. However, this dress was recolored and offered in the free JCP set.
    486 ) Bohemian Dress / 42 / 75 / 44% / 2 hours

487 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 880 / 1277 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 620, # 683, # 155)

488 ) Show Stopping Styles Collection / 703 / 1573 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Seeing Stars
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 330, but less than # 772, # 596)

489 ) Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining / 490 / 1265 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation

490 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 118 / 180 / 34% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, but less than # 108)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited March 2018
    @despina53 - I had posted a list of the deals the other day without looking back at previous posts. I have now read your post and watched a few news reports on the event in Beaver Dam. How terrifying to have been leaving in that complex while all the chemicals and bombs were so close. Thankfully no innocent victims were hurt. Cheers to the bomb squad for retrieving more than what was on the list.

@rnramey - Regina, sorry to hear you are not feeling well again.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Get well soon!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @rnramey Sorry you're sick, Regina. Hope you feel better soon. :kissing:
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @rnramey - Feel better soon, Regina. *Sending chicken soup, a cozy quilt, and lots of love :* *

@scillakees, @bekkasan, @Merelhyn, @Jude525, @ZeeGee, @Astreia, and @Me1620 - Thank you all for your kind words. Just when you start to despair of any goodness, a tiny spark of hope shows through <3 .
    And, Jude, I originally used the edited phrase because I was angry but thought I'd better try to temper that. In all honesty, his mental state didn't even cross my mind ( I know it should have but my anger didn't let it in ). The police haven't released any info on motive yet, but there was speculation that he was a disgruntled employee. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how someone could do that in an apartment complex! :astonished:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @despina53: I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your family members. I don't understand how someone could be so disturbed that they wouldn't consider the safety of others living nearby, particularly when some of those others are children. Your anger was understandable, and had any of your family been hurt, it would be understandable if you had remained angry.

I am glad that no innocents were killed, but saddened that everyone there lost so much of their lives. Much of that can never be replaced, and that which can may take years of fighting with insurance companies.

It's always depressing when things like this happen over which we have no control. I wish your family well, and hope they recover as quickly as possible.
    edited March 2018
    A question came up in a private conversation that I didn't know the full answer to. So I'm hoping someone here can help. When running Custard I often get a false positive for corrupt/suspect files. The components that are highlighted are the .png preview pics generated for the Sims 3 Exchange site. Usually in the traditional group of however many floors there are.

As long as the components were identified as being .png image files, I've just always ignored the red warnings and used the content. To my knowledge, there is no way to piggy back harmful data in that file format. And, it makes sense for these components to be there.

Does anyone know of any information that either explains why this happens, how to prevent/fix it, or if the files should be considered risky? I've tested my own lots, which I'm 99% certain are clean and had these results. And the same has happened with the Stoney Falls Near The Old Mill lot by SimGuruKitty. Any help would be appreciated.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Jude525 I have had the .pngs show up corrupt when I've moved the .simpack to the desktop before checking it, when I check the same lot in another location it shows up fine.
    Current Deal

490 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 118 / 180 / 34% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, but less than # 108)

Upcoming Deals

491 ) Infinite Curtains / 26 / 61 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Full Hewnsman Set

492 ) Ultra Sleeptron Bed / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Boys' Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

493 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Stained Glass Sophistication Window / 44 / 90 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

494 ) Regency Arcade / 748 / 1683 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 542, but less than # 484)

495 ) Grandpa's Grove / 665 / 1710 / 61% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 640, but less than # 674)

496 ) Old Town: Starter Kit / 230 / 365 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but some items are part of Quaint Cottage Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 60, # 633, # 676)

This is a 3-hour deal
    497 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 240 / 552 / 57% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 546, # 149, # 579, but less than # 160)

498 ) BahHaus / 554 / 1350 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 204, but less than # 186)

499 ) Ultimate Fridge / 54 / 99 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

500 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 265)

501 ) Turtle Island Rug / 17 / 54 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

502 ) Homecoming / 1121 / 1900 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 11, # 32)

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I am feeling better today. Crazy weather has my sinuses going crazy.

@rnramey Glad you're better!

@Jude525 Those corrupt notices on png files are harmless from what I've read and understand. It's just custard not recognizing what it is. If you want to though, just uncheck them and save the file. That will remove them.
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @rnramey I'm happy you are felling better!

I was able to pick up Itadakimasu! for free since @creativity_rulez had gifted me the grill, so good day for me :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top