Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Jude525 @LillaGrisen Languages are awesome, and I have so much fun with them (and naming my characters/Sims/whatever else I come up with is even more fun!). I speak just two fluently- since I live in Canada, those would be English & French; I can string together coherent sentences in Italian as well, though I've lost a ton of it as I've had no one to practice speaking it with in more than a decade.

I also tried to learn Czech once. Not sure if I was feeling particularly ambitious, masochistic, or both, but those Slavic languages are insane when it comes to grammar rules. I had a pen-pal from Slovakia who tried to teach me the language and, on my very first attempt to put a sentence together, he said: "Laurinka, I have no idea what you were trying to say, but here's what you just said" and repeated it back to me in English. I was like, "nope, never again", though I continued teaching him English and we are still friends. :)

I hear that other Germanic languages (ie Dutch and German) are easier for native English speakers to pick up, as well as Norwegian and Swedish. I haven't tried any of those yet, but I might give them a shot either through school or online.

My own surname is very, very Italian. And, because it starts with V, I've seen it autocorrected to 'velociraptor' in friends' smartphones. So they all call me that now, and I love it!

I'm not a fan of anime. Then again, I'm not much of a TV/movie-watcher in general, though I enjoy movies based on comic books (Wonder Woman was amazing!) or books in general: I recently watched Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children with some friends and am still dying to read the novel~ if the X-Men and Harry Potter series had a love child, that would be it.

Since I haven't in 3 days, I watched an ad for giggles and it didn't pay. No surprise there.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    I did the math again and saw that I had ~200 sp of 'wiggle room' (lol) so I bought the Lazy Sim Sofa Sectional and the Luxe Lounge Spa set should be free at 166 now.

I'm really starting to miss my game. But my graphics card is fried, with a capital F, so will have to replace it before I can enjoy any of my new stuff. Boo.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    You mean that one @ZeeGee ?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=G7dKdyEXa-U

We're not getting anything to watch it though... ;)

That would be the one! I don't usually watch the ads but that one caught my attention. I like the Fujifilm one with the ballerina too, though it's as bad as Cadillac. It never pays.

@LillaGrisen and @Nomiko13 I've never heard sims music on a tv show. That would be awesome. Usually when I hear sims music it's like Pavlov's bell, instead of salivating I have the uncontrollable urge to run to the computer and play sims. :lol:

edited June 2017
    Hmm, just thinking out loud here: thanks to the ninjas who wiped out half my wishlist this morning, I own 70% of Villa Paraiso and my CYS price is still 685 SP.

The only items I'm missing are from Hacienda Luxury (which would be free if not on the sale page but I can pick up for 113 SP at DD 195). I should have about that left to work with, though I do need to be careful in case my free sets aren't free or the ones that aren't cost more than the calculator's estimate.

Even if I bought it without the DD, HL would still cost less than completing the Villa Paraiso comp.

Does the CYS for featured looks not take the sale price into account? I just thought it very odd that 30% of a compilation would cost me more than actually buying the set... Is that weird?

It's also weird that the discounts don't stack. But maybe that's just me overanalyzing, as usual.

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,062 Member
    Current Deal

167 ) Ragtime in the Big Easy / 941 / 1650 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 910, # 467, # 442, # 934)

Upcoming Deals

168 ) Carolina's Tanktop / 29 / 42 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Savvy; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

169 ) Mid-Century Fantasy / 592 / 1296 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 169, # 27, # 723, # 37)

170 ) Winding Path Lounge Chair / 25 / 42 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

171 ) R&R Teen / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jet Set Teens

172 ) Deliciously Indulgent Bakery / 1083 / 1900 / 43% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 771, # 580)

173 ) Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine / 250 / 309 / 19% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2012 Compilation Set; Fabulous Fiesta!

174 ) Anna's Living Chair / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wilderness Dreaming; Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010; Best of 2010 Collection; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

175 ) Oktoberfest Celebration / 200 / 480 / 58% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 175, # 786)

176 ) Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire / 559 / 972 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

177 ) Bohemian Garden / 918 / 1700 / 46% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 78, # 831)

178 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair / 33 / 69 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 178, # 73)

179 ) Haute Hip Sofa / 31 / 87 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited June 2017
    I own 70% of Villa Paraiso and my CYS price is still 685 SP.

Does the CYS for featured looks not take the sale price into account? I just thought it very odd that 30% of a compilation would cost me more than actually buying the set... Is that weird?

It's also weird that the discounts don't stack. But maybe that's just me overanalyzing, as usual.

The Featured Looks were released after CYS came out. I remember Villa Paraiso green download button did not turn green until over 90% of the set was owned.

When CYS was introduced, the FAQ mentioned that Sales price and DD price do not stack. We were supposed to be offered the lowest price of the two, but I don't think that works as intended. However, sales price and CYS were supposed to be stacked. However, I am not sure if Featured Looks were treated the same as the regular sets and compilations.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited June 2017
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I own 70% of Villa Paraiso and my CYS price is still 685 SP.

The Featured Looks were released after CYS came out. I remember Villa Paraiso green download button did not turn green until over 90% of the set was owned.

When CYS was introduced, the FAQ mentioned that Sales price and DD price do not stack. We were supposed to be offered the lowest price of the two, but I don't think that works as intended. However, sales price and CYS were supposed to be stacked. However, I am not sure if Featured Looks were treated the same as the regular sets and compilations.

now that you mention it, that makes sense (both the part about featured looks being treated differently than normal comps and the one about things not working as intended, the second because it's ea).

thanks for your insight, and thanks again for the pretty things you sent me :)

@lauravonawesome - You're welcome and you're welcome.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Happy Birthday, @J8K9! :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    despina53 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, @J8K9! :smiley:

You beat me again @despina53! I second the birthday sentiments @J8K9. Hope you have a great one! :cookie:

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Happy Birthday @J8K9!

I hope everyone is well. Still no points coming but lots of ads. Sorry I haven't been able to gift anyone. Its been ages since I bought anything. Other than Roaring Heights that is.
    Current Deal

179 ) Haute Hip Sofa / 31 / 87 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

Upcoming Deals

180 ) Futureshock Living / 462 / 1072 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 872 but less than # 347, # 562)

181 ) Day in the Country Dress / 10 / 61 / 84% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

This is a 3-hour deal
    182 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 576 / 1800 / 68% / 3 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 352 but less than # 77)

183 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 532 / 1710 / 69% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 183, # 528, # 156)

184 ) Derby Delight / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Boho Vintage Women's Collection; September 2011 Compilation

Note: 0% savings. This is the regular price for this item
    185 ) Romantique Dining Chair / 34 / 34 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Dining Room Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

186 ) BahHaus / 689 / 1350 / 49% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 204 & # 498)

Here is the official trailer so you can preview the venue. This is one of the first venues released by the store, so it does not contain any premium items.
    187 ) Olympian Physique / 370/ 1000 / 63% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 720, # 331, # 559, # 924 & # 770) (Deals 331, 559 and 924 are same price)

188 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 153 / 450 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 250 but less than # 621 & # 464)

189 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen Talavera Tile Wall mirror / 27 / 81 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

190 ) Ultra Stylish Towel Rack / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

191 ) Hipsters United / 25 / 75 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Steam has its sale for Sims 3 titles :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Yoschi334Yoschi334 Posts: 99 Member

@Nomiko13 Yeah! And I am now the proud owner of 5 new stuff packs! B)
    yeah, i was looking at the steam summer sales earlier... might buy fallout 4 with the season pass/dlc so that i don't have to play on my husband's computer anymore (once my new graphics card arrives in the mail. yay!).

might also replace itf and pets via steam in order to bypass origin. would that work?

just picked up the rest of coffee bean hipster loft free~ that pullover dress is super cute and i've had my eye on it for ages!

• Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    @lauravonawesome If the base game's already registered on Origin, then the best you can do is buy the expansions on steam for cheap, register them with Origin, and download them through Origin, because the Steam and Origin versions of the game and its expansions aren't interchangeable.

However, I think you need to own the base game on Steam in order to even buy the expansions and properly register them on Origin anyway, so depending on how much cash you have and/or how much you really dislike Origin, you may be better off replacing your base game and all expansions and using Steam exclusively.

Since 1.69, there's no bypassing Origin unless you've got one of them fancy-schmancy pre-2012 base game discs, and all your expansions are on discs as well (or if you re-purchase the base game and all expansions through Steam and use it as your DRM buddy instead).

Oh, and don't forget to set a framerate limit for TS3 on that new graphics card!
    @Gamefreak130 I have pre-2012 discs for all but ITF and Pets. And I hate Origin with a fiery passion, so it might be worth it just to repurchase those 2 EPs as either discs or Steam versions (if they're compatible).

Will definitely remember the framerate thing as well. My new graphics card will be much higher end than the one I had (it's a GTX 1060, which will more than run what I need it to), so I'll remind hubs to cap the framerate at 60 FPS when he installs the thing.

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @lauravonawesome I will sadly admit that, like many Americans, I am unilingual. I studied French in school, but switched between Canadian and Parisian, so it got muddled a bit. I never new my Meme or Pepe, so never had the opportunity to use it. Mom had pretty much lost her use of it by the time I was learning it. And although my Nonno and Nonna also passed when I was very young, Mom and Dad both spoke Italian; though not well. Sadly, they used it as the secret language to not let us kids know what they were talking about. So teaching it to us wasn't a priority.

I've tried to teach myself Spanish and Italian, but without the opportunity to use either, I never got very far. It was quite amusing when I was in Italy and I would realize that I'd just mixed three languages in one sentence and probably had the grammar wrong for all.

But that is speech. Reading is another matter. I can understand quite a bit of the written form of all three languages if in context. Actually, that applies to several others if I am exposed to them for a while. I remember seeing quite a bit of German on a board I used to be active on and I gradually began to understand the German posts' main points. English and German have so many common root words that without the different pronunciation throwing me off things were much easier.

As for Ghibli films, I personally don't consider them true anime. They don't fit the format of the anime I knew growing up, which is a good thing. There are no grotesquely drawn characters screaming in contrast to the smooth, intelligent hero/heroine. And I find Miyazaki's artwork simply transcendent most of the time. He can paint a sky that takes my breathe away. I own my favorites and can re-watch them the way someone looks at a favorite painting on a wall.

For the record, the top of that favorite's list is Howl's Moving Castle. Of course the book by Diana Wynne Jones is a much more complex story. He had to cut so much out to make into a film. But he did an amazing job adapting it to the screen. The next two on my list are Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away. The other Ghibli film that I absolutely love is Hiromasa Yonebayashi's When Marnie was There. One of the sweetest ghost stories you'll ever see, and also beautifully painted.

aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Current Deal

192 ) Cante Captivating / 275 / 298 / 8% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 315 but less than # 114)

Upcoming Deals

193 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / 140 / 239 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 415)

194 ) Steampunk Savvy / 410 / 561 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 732 but less than # 472 and # 118)

195 ) Hacienda Luxury / 380 / 941 / 60% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 434 & # 756)

If you buy the Casino check out Up the Ante Compilation for a green download button.
    196 ) The Lucky Simoleon Casino / 760 / 1539 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Up the Ante Compilation, included in Lucky Palms Gold.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 55 less than # 909)

197 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Little Drama Curls Hairstyle / 39 / 109 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

198 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Diva Plava Hairstyle / 37 / 50 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

199 ) Boho Vintage Women's Collection / 752 / 1584 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 64 but less than # 740, # 531)

200 ) Pump-less Waterwork Sink / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation, Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

This is a 3-hour deal
    201 ) Classic Gumball Machine / 120 / 273 / 56% / 3 hours
    Part of: Regency Arcade; October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation

edited June 2017
    @Jude525 I know what you mean~ French has many dialects, probably more than the 3 I'm familiar with. So I mostly just sound like a tourist who speaks French with an Italian accent.

I learned Quebecois through elementary school. But, in high school, I spent 4 years learning Parisian French with the wonderful Madame Hanna, who was from Cairo. When I arrived in Ottawa at 18, everyone was confused as to why I spoke French with a Parisian accent, despite our proximity to the Quebec border.

I've lived in bilingual cities since leaving home. I spent 5 years in Ottawa, then moved to Moncton at 23~ our fair city has its own distinct French dialect (Acadian), as well as a French/English 'hybrid' language called "chiac" that is unique to New Brunswick.

How it works: if you are speaking French but forget a word, or the English word is shorter, you use that instead. It's not uncommon to hear people mixing the two while out in public, and sentences like "le car n'est pas starter" or "ce guy la tried to me beater up" are par for the course around here. I like it: keeps things interesting.

My nonno and nonna, both of whom have since passed, came to Canada from Italy in the 1950s, though they never taught their sons (my bio father and my uncle) to speak Italian. My sister and I took heritage classes on weekends when we were little, but I learned most of what I know in high school: I competed in 3 language contests through school and placed in 2 of them.

My Gran (my mom's side of the family is Scottish) taught me how to count to 10 in German because that's all she knew. I might take it through school or online~ it'd definitely give me something to do until I head back in September.

On another note, the rest of Hacienda Luxury is free in ~3 hours from now. And my parents will be here by tomorrow night (probably~ it's a 3-day drive from their place to mine, but at least they both enjoy road trips), so I'll be around significantly less over the next few days. But my new graphics card will arrive towards the end of their stay, so I won't be completely bored when they leave at least.

OE is going to keep me from the thread for a few weeks - happy reason, I am going on vacation. I won't have access to a computer and limited access to the internet. When I do have access to Wi-Fi, I do not dare try to update the spreadsheet on my mini-tablet. However, the wonderful members of the DD spreadsheet team and DD list will still be here.

Happy DD Stalking everyone and I hope the problem with the ad points is fixed.

@Me1620 have fun on your vacation!

I'll be away from the thread as well, since my parents are driving up from Niagara Falls this week to spend some time with hubs & I. I'd usually go home to see them but, because my leg has more metal than organic matter in it following my surgery, I'd trip up every single metal detector at the airport, so they're coming to see me instead.

I grabbed Hacienda Luxury free on the DD and am now missing just one item from Villa Paraiso (the chair from Frontier Finds). It would only cost 75 sp to complete the set, but I'd rather save those and make sure I have a buffer in the event that my free sets aren't free or the paid ones cost more than the calculator's estimate.

Man, I miss working full-time. Maybe the ad issue will be fixed by the time OE returns to normal.

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    ...On another note, the rest of Hacienda Luxury is free in ~3 hours from now. And my parents will be here by tomorrow night (probably~ it's a 3-day drive from their place to mine, but at least they both enjoy road trips), so I'll be around significantly less over the next few days. But my new graphics card will arrive towards the end of their stay, so I won't be completely bored when they leave at least.

It's also good that the graphics card won't arrive early in your visit and just taunt you while you are too busy visiting to play. :)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Current Deal

This is a 3-hour deal
    201 ) Classic Gumball Machine / 120 / 273 / 56% / 3 hours
    Part of: Regency Arcade; October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation

Upcoming Deals

202 ) Bayside Kitchen / 494 / 499 / 1% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; 3 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD, but note the deal only is a 1% savings

203 ) City Never Sleeps / 39 / 68 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Go All In Compilation; October 2011 Compilation

204 ) BahHaus / 513 / 1350 / 62% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 204, # 498, # 186)

205 ) The Sims Classic- Forever Redwood Potted Tree / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Welcome Back to Three Lakes; Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation

206 ) Africa Inspired: City Side Braids / 25 / 100 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Africa Inspiration Collection; Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation

207 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Little Jester's Gym Slide / 27 / 182 / 85% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!

208 ) Sun, Surf and Sand Dresser / 32 / 61 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

209 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Lush Bloom Lily Vase / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

210 ) Luxury Resort Attire / 693 / 1337 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation

211 ) Through the Spy Glass / 476 / 601 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 425, # 843, # 875)

This is a one-hour deal

212 ) Ideal of Emptiness Table / 44 / 133 / 67% / 1 hour
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

213 ) Palace of Versailles / 463 / 1342 / 65% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 213, # 650, # 350, # 417)

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    YAY. Palace of Versailles comes in less than an hour. Can't wait to get the second from last remaining set to own.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top