Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    *waves "hi" to everyone*

@Me1620 How is your retirement going? Are you enjoying it? LOL Mine has been stressful, sometimes boring, plus I am eating too much! :D

@charlotteprice - I love not going into the office anymore; I miss my co-workers but definitely not the work. For the first while, I spent a lot of time helping out family, but things are settling down. I am trying to tackle many of the projects in my home that I have ignored for years. I have even found time to play Sims and achieve a badge or two.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2017
    mycami21 wrote: »
    @ajaxpost Thank you so much for the gift. :) I can't wait to go in game and see how it looks on my Sims. :)
    You are most welcome, I'm very happy to be able to share the Simpoints. :)
    edited May 2017
    I found a thread on the EA forum on Uncredited Sim Points. I have clicked on the "Me Too" button. I encourage everyone with this issue to follow this link answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Uncredited-Sim-Points/td-p/6073089 and click on Me Too.

I could not login to the EA forum with Chrome and had to sign in with the Microsoft Edge browser.

ETA - I have finally been online when the deal changed over. The last deal changed at 15 minutes after the hour. The duration of the current deal, as most lately, is more than two hours. It was at least 2 hours and 5 minutes. I will wait to change the time in the spreadsheet. So, the schedule start of the deals is no longer at 9 minutes after the hour.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @ajaxpost
    Thank you for the lovely gift! yesterday I was checking the Palace of Versailles set and when I saw that sofa I feel in love with it, it's just so graceful <3, so to have it gifted after a long nap it's really awesome! thank you! now I have a better excuse to get the whole set haha

@lauravonawesome
    That sim it's lovely! witches are one of my favorites regarding supernaturals, the things they can do are awesome! last time I played with one (it was Jamie Jolina) I went on a spree upgrading all toilets and sinks in community lots xD (she also killed someone but that's another story...) and another witch I had before her liked to turn everyone into toads and cast love spells too (she was insane, what can I say? haha). To me supernaturals makes everything better <3.

-

Now on to other things, I see you guys still have problems with your sp showing up, I hope it gets fixed soon and you get all of your sp, it's not fair that you completed your part of the deal watching the ads but aren't getting paid your rewards :(

And yesterday I was kinda absent because I'm being my stubborn perfeccionistic self. I've been trying to start a new save but I want to install a maxis match default replacement skin... so far I've tested like 10 or so skins and I didn't like any of them xD so now I'm stuck trying to make my own using EA skin as a base and taking parts of what I did like from the skins I tested.
    I hate when this type of thing happens because I see it as a form of procrastination, I mean, by now I could be playing the game peacefully but instead I'm stuck smoothing nostrils on a weird shaped face on photoshop hahaha... how horrible D:

For my dd stalking I'm waiting on 799, not the biggest discount but it's going to help me reduce April 2013 Compilation, I have Country Livin' but nothing from Tutor of Tudors so, here is me hoping it'll give me a good increase on my CYS% :)
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    edited May 2017
    I just received over 250 sp.

ETA - The points were registering and the bonus boxes kept appearing more often than usual. I received about another 250 sp in less than half hour - many times more than normal. But, sadly, the bonus boxes have now slowed to the norm with not one in site now. I guess it is time to turn in for a few hours before I have to start my day.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

Jude525 wrote: »
    Well, @ajaxpost, I had to do a double-take and make sure I wasn't on YouTube. Nice to see you here. :)

Still no paying ads for me, nor points from the run the other day. Sitting here with only 7 points. I'm soooo regretting taking so many MMAO deals this weekend. But no big deal, it's only clothes and hair. Right?
    I know, right? Where does the time go! I missed so much while not paying attention, fab deals, fun chatter and several more newcomers to the wonderful of DD stalking. :)

The Simpoint issue does feel just like last time, they seem to be dribbling through eventually it seems.

Esperona wrote: »
    @ajaxpost
    Thank you for the lovely gift! yesterday I was checking the Palace of Versailles set and when I saw that sofa I feel in love with it, it's just so graceful <3, so to have it gifted after a long nap it's really awesome! thank you! now I have a better excuse to get the whole set haha

-

And yesterday I was kinda absent because I'm being my stubborn perfeccionistic self. I've been trying to start a new save but I want to install a maxis match default replacement skin... so far I've tested like 10 or so skins and I didn't like any of them xD so now I'm stuck trying to make my own using EA skin as a base and taking parts of what I did like from the skins I tested.
    I hate when this type of thing happens because I see it as a form of procrastination, I mean, by now I could be playing the game peacefully but instead I'm stuck smoothing nostrils on a weird shaped face on photoshop hahaha... how horrible D:
    You are most welcome, it's a real pleasure being able to pay forward all the generosity I received from other Simmers. :)

Impressed by your patience at trying to get exactly what you want - I've never been bold or confident enough to take on creating objects or skins in the game. Good luck! :+1:
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Youtube kept me distracted and I just saw the five gifts @Me1620 send my way! thank you for help me with Tutor of Tudors and of course, thank you very much for the friend request :) I'm actually kinda shy when it's about this sort of thing so when someone sends me a friend request I'm very thankful and happy hahaha

> @ajaxpost said:
    > You are most welcome, it's a real pleasure being able to pay forward all the generosity I received from other Simmers. :)
    >
    > Impressed by your patience at trying to get exactly what you want - I've never been bold or confident enough to take on creating objects or skins in the game. Good luck! :+1:

Thank you for wishing me good luck!
    I honestly believe being this way it's some form of curse because I always think I can learn how to do things myself (my motto is 'If you can, I can') and then I start a journey that never ends!
    I've already took a break from the skin project, since I want it to fit nicely I have to put it on a sim body mesh an modify accordingly (similar of how a seamstress would do with a sewing mannequin) and that's kinda tiresome... but only because I'm perfeccionist so this is going to take a while :(
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    mycami21 wrote: »
    @Dusty_Boots Thank you so much for the gift. :)

You're very welcome! I saw your post about getting so few ads & I just had to spread my good fortune your way. The availability, or not, of these ads is bizarre, and it only seems fair to try and level the playing field! B)
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited May 2017
    well, club vaindenburger ended up costing less than the calculator's estimate~ it was 55 sp instead of 72, though i fell asleep before dreams of india (which i've decided i'll try and grab at 106 instead).

ads seem to be working now, and i'm so, so happy. as soon as i replenish my sp, i will surely do another round of gifting. i don't have a ton right now. but, what i do have, i share. :)

@Esperona my witch sim always makes for an interesting game. she's unflirty and a loner, so she's not great at making friends (and, according to some folklore, falling in love will cause a witch to lose her powers and become human)~ i had her craft a ton of potent friendship elixirs and throw them at people around town; her crystal ball occasionally blesses her with new friends as well. and, while she does cast love charms on other people, she probably won't have a romantic interest herself because reasons.

i have 2 sets coming up tomorrow: 808 (full regal living) is 2 sp and 809 (futureshock bedroom) should be free. hopefully i'll get more ads too, to make up for all the ones i never got over the weekend.

edit: i derped~ my sets come up at 2 and 4 pm, not am. oops.
    Post edited by lauravonawesome on
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,081 Member
    Current Deal

796 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 130 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 460 but same as # 474)

Upcoming Deals

797 ) Street Couture / 532 / 725 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 34, # 967, # 439)

798 ) Mother Russia / 760 / 1900 / 60% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 449, # 28)
    Note: You can download the Mother Russia buildings seen in the set's photo from SimGuruCopeland's Studio

799 ) The Castle Cook / 42 / 68 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

800 ) Nautical Living / 319 / 990 / 68% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but some pieces part of Quaint Cottage Collection, a table part of Eloquently Eclectic Collection and 7 pieces included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 35, but less than # 42, # 235)

801 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Grease Gear Cleansing Dishwasher / 36 / 85 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

802 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Ornate Over Oven Fume / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

803 ) When Worlds Collide Collection / 893 / 2181 / 59% / 2 hours
    Includes: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; The Final Frontier Set

804 ) Business on the Top / 34 / 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jet Set

805 ) Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron / 162 / 461 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: More Magic!; Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings; January 2012 Compilation; Best of 2012 Compilation

806 ) Suspending Suspenders / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

807 ) Hit the Bookshelf / 31 / 75 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads

808 ) Full Regal Living Set / 528 / 1376 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Regal Living Living Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Kitchen Set. The Full set includes a fence and two gates that are not available in any of the subsets.
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 511, # 266)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    ooh, looks like nautical living will be free for me at 800~ did not notice that before. thankfully, it comes up at 10 pm my time, so i'll definitely be awake. yay!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @Me1620, thanks for the link. I've posted over there and hope to see results. BTW I had no problem signing in over there on Chrome/Win10.

@Esperona, I can relate to the creativity taking priority over gameplay. I'll often get caught up in building a new park or some such while in the middle of a game. In the past few days I spent a lot of time creating a wedding venue in preparation for the marriage of the eldest of my (so far) first successful legacy family. As is often the case with me, it isn't what I started to create but I'm very pleased with it. I always end up changing the design part way through.

So, if anyone is looking for a new wedding venue, have a pop over to my studio page and take a look. It features a greenhouse dining area that complements the Stones Throw Greenhouse, making it a great next-door neighbor. I'm actually pleasantly surprised; I don't remember mentioning it to anyone, but it already has 17 downloads. Or did I mention it? So flighty.

I posted it without the butterfly spawners that I intended to have EVERYWHERE, but having play tested it, they aren't really showing up much. Maybe I placed too many? I'll have to pull some and test it again. So I'm not going to pull it and repost at this point. Anyone familiar with buydebug can throw a couple in and get my intended effect.

Ironically, in my game I don't have it located next to the Stones Throw Greenhouse, which is across the street, because that concept came half way through the design process. Anyway, here's a few quick shots:
    An overview: The bridal arch is in the lower right, among the hydrangeas that it is named for; the greenhouse is to the left (obviously;) a bandstand with a full bar and a few extras to the back right for after dinner entertainment, and a balloon for great photo ops and a little extra fun. Also, if you look, between the greenhouse and the balloon there is a cute little pavilion. Within that pavilion are some cleverly hidden all-in-one bathrooms to cover all your guests comfort needs. I'm actually quite proud of that idea.
    Hydrangea%202_zpsvnsjvyyg.jpg

The greenhouse
    Hydrangea%203_zpsgqsah8hw.jpg

and the greenhouse with roof removed to show seating
    Hydrangea%204_zpspsdob5lj.jpg

Finally, spring came while I was playing last night and I noticed that the gnomes all decided to have a pool party to celebrate. I hadn't realized so many had come to live on our property. I was quite amused.

Gnomes_zpsrlhyhav3.jpg
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    I just realized that my two free-ish sets will likely fall right in the maintenance window (since it starts at 1pm my time and my sets are scheduled for 2 and 4 pm). Boo. I wonder if I'll be able to get them at all now. Booooooooo.

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Jude525 For your venue, I'd strongly suggest adding an empty round table for the wedding cake! ;) Never mind, I just realized you did put the cake on the buffet table...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Oh boy, 15 missing points showed up! What will I spend them on?
    aka Jude

My Studio

Ads are borked again. Just watched 4 and got the 'thanks for watching' message, but no simpoints.

Nautical Living ended up not being free after all, so I'll probably pass until the next rotation. I wonder if that set being on sale has something to do with it, since I did the calculation using the regular prices.

DD price: 319
    Regular price: 990
    My CYS: 495

Calculator said -109, but the price it gives me is 145 sp. DD #42 also gives me a negative number, but I wonder if the site is calculating it using the sale price instead of the regular price.

Hey, random thought... have any of you ever played TS3 in 3D? Back in the day I had an Nvidia card that actually rendered the game in red/blue 3D. I used to be an on again/off again 3D fan, but at the time I couldn't lay my hands on a pair of red/blue lens glasses, even though I absolutely knew there was at least one pair somewhere in the apartment. If I remember correctly, the rest of the graphics were in black and white, probably to free up the processing power. But I really wish I had gone out of my way to make it happen just to say that I'd done it.

NOTE: just did a search and apparently some cards can still do this, even on TS4!
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited May 2017
    Notice to all
    Hey Simmers

On Wednesday, 24th May 2017 at 9 AM Pacific / 12 PM (NOON) Eastern / 5 PM UK we will be putting The Sims 3 into maintenance.

The maintenance means that TheSims3.com including My Page and The Exchange will be unavailable, and the Store will have limited availability during the maintenance, The Sims 3 itself will still be playable.

We hope to bring The Sims 3 services back online as quickly as possible. Please monitor this thread for official status updates.

@lauravonawesome - I believe Nautical Living being on the Sales page has affected the DD price. According to the FAQ for CYS, we are supposed to be offered the lower price. I know someone who has seen Nautical Living go buy by a few times and it was not free as suspected.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

@Me1620 Thank you Jodi~ I appreciate the confirmation.

I have 2 sets coming up on the DD that will likely fall into the maintenance window. I asked SimGuruDrake on her post if or not I'll actually be able to buy them (since all it says is that the store will have "limited availability"), but no one has responded and now I'm starting to think I won't be able to get my sets until next rotation. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope, I guess.

• rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @lauravonawesome when I saw your sig I thought how funny would it be if Pennywise said "wanna see my sims 3 builds?" instead lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    @rionismyname i might have to make one with your caption instead lol.

MMAO was nice to me last night~ got 5 single items for 35-ish percent off: 2 hairstyles (one from Romanza and one from Luxe Loungewear), the street lamp from the Old Town Starter Kit, and 2 pieces (outfit/boots) from Palace of Versailles.

My points from last night's ad run also showed up, and the ones I'm watching right now seem to be working. Hopefully I'll be able to get my 808 and 809 too (though I'm not sure I'll be able to do that, with the upcoming maintenance). I guess we'll see.

• SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Me1620 - I loved reading that your retirement is going well and so busy. After I retired, been so busy I've never been bored, can also hardly find time to play TS3.

Speaking of Liam
    New+Picture+(1).png

A few days back, several regulars here where posting about Liam, the nerdy guy from Hidden Springs, who is notorious, and perhaps unpopular and infamous for being selected for the TS3 fail pages. :p

Well a few months ago I was looking for something else and ended up on this blog that features Liam enduring some possible evil things that people may have wanted to carry out on him.
    A hilarious read!
    So while TheSims3.com is down, you might enjoy the story. :smiley:
    http://sims100babychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/09/baby-100-starring-liam-nerd_26.html

Happy DD stalking and gifting to every one! <3
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    Well, store is definitely working to some extent. I've even managed to rack up some points. Daily Deal is showing and I suppose may still be working. I'm looking forward to see if maybe the sales page returns when they are done. Not that it will mean much to me since I think I won everything that might come up on it. But it will be nice for everyone else.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    MMAO was nice to me last night~ got 5 single items for 35-ish percent off: 2 hairstyles (one from Romanza and one from Luxe Loungewear), the street lamp from the Old Town Starter Kit, and 2 pieces (outfit/boots) from Palace of Versailles.

I got a couple of exclusive items from MMAO myself, and I couldnt pass them up.

And thank you @ajaxpost for the gift! I just noticed it last night.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    And thank you @ajaxpost for the gift! I just noticed it last night.
    You are very welcome sir, happy to find a home for some of my Simpoints. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top