Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Jude525 wrote: »
    ... My absolute favorite mod, which is always installed, is cmomoney's "The Mystic Stone of Aevus Pluvium." It allows you to control time of day, season, weather, but I use it almost exclusively to reduce the amount of rain in the spring and fall. The game practically drowns those two seasons out, making it virtually impossible to truly enjoy outside events such as the seasonal festival.
    I read this and was so excited since I find the amount of rain and snow too extreme. I have had children sent off to boarding school because they didn't attend regular school due to consecutive Snow Days.

Then I read this ...
    BUT be warned, (from his page) "The time part of this mod is NOT to be used for regular gameplay, just taking pics, making movies, etc" He warns that it can, and will, mess with work schedules and the in game clock. Don't save any game that after you have messed with time. I personally don't touch the time or season, just shut off rain, and occasionally snow. But I find it invaluable for that.

:(:'( I wanted it for game play.
    I managed to grab the Renaissance Faire. Only problem was it came up at 3am my time and the alarm woke my Husband. Oops!

@MidnightAura - Yay for grabbing the venue and Oh No for waking your husband. I hope he is a gamer and can understand.

He is luckily. He said he was getting up for the bathroom anyhow but was trying to turn it off so it didn't wake me!
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,087 Member
    edited April 2017
    ... My absolute favorite mod, which is always installed, is cmomoney's "The Mystic Stone of Aevus Pluvium." It allows you to control time of day, season, weather, but I use it almost exclusively to reduce the amount of rain in the spring and fall. The game practically drowns those two seasons out, making it virtually impossible to truly enjoy outside events such as the seasonal festival.
    I read this and was so excited since I find the amount of rain and snow too extreme. I have had children sent off to boarding school because they didn't attend regular school due to consecutive Snow Days.

Then I read this ...
    BUT be warned, (from his page) "The time part of this mod is NOT to be used for regular gameplay, just taking pics, making movies, etc" He warns that it can, and will, mess with work schedules and the in game clock. Don't save any game that after you have messed with time. I personally don't touch the time or season, just shut off rain, and occasionally snow. But I find it invaluable for that.

I managed to grab the Renaissance Faire. Only problem was it came up at 3am my time and the alarm woke my Husband. Oops!

@MidnightAura - Yay for grabbing the venue and Oh No for waking your husband. I hope he is a gamer and can understand.

There is information on NRaas Weather And Seasons page that tell how to use Tempest to do this and it links to a mod that does it for you if you don't want to go through the steps for the Tempest mod. I use the Tempest mod along with a tuning file that set the weather and temperatures for each EA town. I have the link for that if you are interested.
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2017

Then I read this ...

That warning ONLY applies if you intentionally mess with time and season. One feature of the stone is telling the game to change the time of day and/or season to get the effect you want for storytelling or picture taking. Say to get a summer sunset when your game is currently showing a winter night. If you ONLY use the weather control options then your game is completely safe. I have turned rain off every day for a week with no degradation of my save file (that I've ever noticed.) It is only ever a risk if you start playing with time. Which makes sense. Messing with the time/space continuum is best left to the Sims from Into the Future!

But if all you want to do is turn off the snow or rain, don't hesitate to download and use it. Just ignore the other options like I do. Another warning, place this indoors or directly outside your door so that you know where it is if it gets covered by snow. Not a big deal, since it'll still be there when the snow melts in the normal course of the game. Or, you can just buy another one and use that until you find the original.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    edited April 2017
    Good afternoon,

I'm going to be starting my sims spending today haha. Investing for the long run so I may or may not regret buying simpoints in bulk. I've had a refresher look at that wonderful DD spreadsheet and I've wrote down what caught my eye, hopefully I can catch them with your help and they shouldn't change should they?

What I've scouted: 475, 586, 592, 640, 690, 748, 771, 887, 892, 927, 945, 948, 952, 972

Also buying dragon valley gold, love fantasy and I think there was some discussion here about it. It's a real shame that I missed the last chance at the Dukes because of something but I can try on the next rotation right?
  • Options
    @Sandpitturtle the rotation has held steady for a few years with the only change being the recent glitches in start times which seem to have stabilized. So if you've missed a great deal and have the patience, it will come around again.

Don't be shy about heading on over to the Gifting Directory and introducing yourself. There are some very generous Simmers there who love to help people along on their quest to own store content. (Some names will even look familiar.) The lower your CYS when a deal comes around the better.

Also, if you haven't already made the SimPoint purchase, @Lexers615 has been requesting referrals. From one of his recent posts: "...this said, if you've never bought any simpoint bundles, here's a link for the referral program: store.thesims3.com/ref.html?persona=Lexers615." He is an active member here, so if you don't have someone else in mind I thought you might consider it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Also, if you haven't already made the SimPoint purchase, @Lexers615 has been requesting referrals. From one of his recent posts: "...this said, if you've never bought any simpoint bundles, here's a link for the referral program: store.thesims3.com/ref.html?persona=Lexers615." He is an active member here, so if you don't have someone else in mind I thought you might consider it.

I have all ready brought some simpoints unfortunately however I don't mind getting the small bundle if that counts towards his referral?
  • Options
    @Lexers615 I think we were having a conversation about Crinrict's Sims 3 Store inventory browser a while back. I've just discovered an aspect of it that may be of interest. It does not, as I'd thought, require you to keep the .sims3pack files after installation. It asks for you to point it to those files, but there is also an option to have it search the DCCache files as well. I think we had discussed this, but I didn't see it in the program and I had dismissed it as a more complicated alternative that I had assumed the program wasn't built for.

I just did yet another clean install, hopefully my last, so I ran the browser again to check for any missing content. Since I now knew about this option, I intentionally tested it by holding out some content files from the Downloads folder to see what would happen. The browser had no problem identifying the content as installed. Now I wonder why it doesn't just read the cache files by default. But no matter. Since it was the seeming requirement of keeping the Downloads folder full, I think that now you may find it a usable and useful tool.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited April 2017
    MMAO actually presented me with a handful of items I didn't already own and actually wanted, if only at a discount. Two were exclusives, which motivated the purchase. I think I'll actually use the exclusive kids' Oversized Shirt and Shirt and Collar. The Vamp Skirt and Vamp Neckline Blouse are pretty and will probably be used when I get back to Supernatural, but they weren't a priority. The Men's Genie Pants are questionable at best. But it was fun to actually get a useful deal from it.

Now if I could just get some ads to give me enough points for future offers. My points are down to scheduled DD purchases (all five of them) and my last two fashion sets afterward.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Sandpitturtle Well, you can check it out anyway, but indeed it's supposed to be for first time purchases only...

http://store.thesims3.com/ref.html?persona=Lexers615
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    @Sandpitturtle Well, you can check it out anyway, but indeed it's supposed to be for first time purchases only...

store.thesims3.com/ref.html?persona=Lexers615

Just brought some following the link and clicking the buy button. Had to search for the bundles on the store though. Did it do anything for you?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Just brought some following the link and clicking the buy button. Had to search for the bundles on the store though. Did it do anything for you?

Not yet... But at the moment I'm deep into books for the finals... I'll get back to it tonight...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Did it give you one of the two clothes sets?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Current Deal

475 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 257 but less than # 301)

Upcoming Deals

476 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 112 / 467 / 76% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 644, # 921, # 923, # 851)

477 ) Ancient Warriors / 9 / 29 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 239, # 45)

479 ) Safari Living: Table Top Baobab / 11 / 27 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Safari Living Set; World Inspiration Compilation; Adventurous Life!
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.

This is a 3-hour deal
    480 ) Red Dragon Loveseat / 47 / 81 / 42% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

481 ) Snap and Sprint Shoes / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours

482 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

483 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 264 / 600 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 521, but less than # 775)

484 ) Regency Arcade / 867 / 1683 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 542, # 494)

485 ) Table End Table / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

This is not from the JCP set. It was sold the month before the JCP set. However, this dress was recolored and offered in the free JCP set.
    486 ) Bohemian Dress / 42 / 75 / 44% / 2 hours

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @Lexers615 I tried that referral link but I get sent to an "Oops!" page
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Lexers615 I tried that referral link but I get sent to an "Oops!" page

I've just re-added the "http://" that get removed when you post a link... could you try it again?

Edit: Out of curiosity I just tried, and watched for nearly 80 simpoints worth of ads in a matter of 2 minutes...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Since I am actually playing TS4 right now, is anyone interested in friending me on Origin? My account ID is Jude525. Don't know that there is any advantage, unless anyone is into chatting while playing the game. I think I might enjoy that. Or at least giving it a try. I'm trying to complete the PlantSim challenge before it ends.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Since I am actually playing TS4 right now, is anyone interested in friending me on Origin? My account ID is Jude525. Don't know that there is any advantage, unless anyone is into chatting while playing the game. I think I might enjoy that. Or at least giving it a try. I'm trying to complete the PlantSim challenge before it ends.

Send me an invite, Lexers615... I'll be able to accept it later on tonight though...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Jude525 @Lexers615 and whoever else feels so inclined, you can add me on Origin as well (same name, same bat channel).

Just waiting for Everyday Teens to go on sale in ~5 minutes, since I'll get the set for approximately 90 sp and it'll finish my Fun For kids of All Ages comp.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    Current Deal

This is not from the JCP set. It was sold the month before the JCP set. However, this dress was recolored and offered in the free JCP set.
    486 ) Bohemian Dress / 42 / 75 / 44% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals

487 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 880 / 1277 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 620, # 683, # 155)

488 ) Show Stopping Styles Collection / 703 / 1573 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Seeing Stars
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 330, but less than # 772, # 596)

489 ) Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining / 490 / 1265 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation

490 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 118 / 180 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, but less than # 108)

491 ) Infinite Curtains / 26 / 61 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Full Hewnsman Set

492 ) Ultra Sleeptron Bed / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Boys' Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

493 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Stained Glass Sophistication Window / 44 / 90 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

494 ) Regency Arcade / 748 / 1683 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 542, but less than # 484)

495 ) Grandpa's Grove / 665 / 1710 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 640, but less than # 674)

496 ) Old Town: Starter Kit / 230 / 365 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but some items are part of Quaint Cottage Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 60, # 633, # 676)

This is a 3-hour deal
    497 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 240 / 552 / 57% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 546, # 149, # 579, but less than # 160)

• Options
    Current Deal

498 ) BahHaus / 554 / 1350 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 204, but less than # 186)

Upcoming Deals

499 ) Ultimate Fridge / 54 / 99 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

500 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 265)

501 ) Turtle Island Rug / 17 / 54 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

502 ) Homecoming / 1121 / 1900 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 11, # 32)

503 ) Goddess Contemporary Capri / 26 / 50 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Date Night

504 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 330 / 475 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, but less than # 276)

505 ) Ultramodern End Table by D. Kyle / 18 / 55 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teen Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

506 ) Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) / 543 / 1535 / 65% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Life’s a Beach (Swim)
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 762 but less than # 430)

507 ) Culinary Arts Stool / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

508 ) Playground Dresser / 40 / 68 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

509 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 420 / 1125 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 407, # 273, # 669)

• Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Finally, score Bahhaus for free
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    Yay, congrats @LaracroftEyes1 :) Free is good.

I'm waiting for 517 (which will give me Runway Riot for free), 522 (Jet Set for 1 sp), and 551 (Mid-Century Modern trailblazer free). But I'm keeping my eyes peeled for items from the Island Escape collection, since it'll be 84 sp at 582, but that's a long way off... and free is better. :)

Thanks to everyone who works on this thread so that I can do all kinds of productive things with my time :smirk:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    edited April 2017
    So, for anyone who hasn't noticed, Jodi @Me1620 has generously taken a break from her current family responsibilities and snuck in the time to update ALL the localized spreadsheets. And, since I instigated the act by threatening to do a video tutorial on using said spreadsheet, I think this puts me on the spot.

The truth is that I am about to give up the volunteer work that takes up several days of my week (the stress is threatening my health and my doctors have been after me to step down for a year now) so I will have time available for a new project. (Trust me, this will not be stressful in the way that was.) I am committed to finish the repairs on a friend's computer first, but I think then I will need to take a stab at this YouTube thing.

So, in summary.... All DD spreadsheets are current (with a couple new features BTW) and I am going to try my hand at a video tutorial. Keep prodding me. I have ADHD and am prone to get.... oh, a butterfly..... ahem, distracted.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @Jude525 self-care is important, and i'm glad to hear that you're taking time away from volunteering to look after yourself.

I've never understood why our society prizes overexertion: breakdowns and burnouts are not admirable, and we need to draw a line between commitment and self-endangerment. we aren't sims, after all: we're human beings. /tangent

i'll be looking forward to your video tutorial, since i also have add and ooh, a squirrel!

• Options
    Don't know if it's worth a shout out but I'm getting more sponsor pay adds then normal today just by visiting various parts of the store so maybe you guys want to just open a few tabs and see what shows.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top