Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Lexers615 , I guess it would depend on what they charged for it at the time. If it was only $1, like what @despina53 described for SimCity, then you'd come out ahead of the game. Or, even at $5 it would be a break even point. Then again, there were those fans who were very excited to see what was coming up in Sims 3.

I was certainly excited enough to have paid a buck or so for a preview if I would be getting the money back. (Though not enough to pay for that silly limited edition pre-order set with the plumbob thumb drive!) Just yesterday I was remembering how excited I was to see that bold, three dimensional, crystal plumbob in the opening screen. I can still remember viewing the trailer of the Sim walking out of his house and stepping out of his front yard into the open world environment.

While I'm at it, mentioning SimCity, I'll take this opportunity to repeat my ex-husband's disappointment that the gameplay crossover between SimCity and the Sims never happened. He loooked forward to having actions in one game spill over into the other. Similar to how SimPort works.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,063 Member
    Current Deal

238 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 204 / 545 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 116 but less than # 971)

Upcoming Deals

239 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 884 / 1219 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 478 but less than # 45)

240 ) Haute Hip Curtain Collection V.2 / 45 / 77 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

241 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Rivited and Rustic Oven Fume / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

242 ) Best of 2010 Collection / 2940 / 5400 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Outdoor Set; Ultra Lounge Study Set; Ultra Lounge Living Set; Ultra Lounge Dining Set; Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen and Bath; Wilderness Dreaming; Full Interior Castle Set; Tiki Dinig Room Set; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Asian Fusion, Bayside Bathroom Set; Panda & Friends; Worldly Goodies; The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc.

243 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Compactor / 29 / 81 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

244 ) Serenity Retreat / 589 / 1539 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but included in Sunlit Tides Gold
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 690, but less than # 643, # 100 )

This is a one-hour deal
    245 ) Made for Two Loveseat / 34 / 81 / 58% / 1 hour
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

246 ) Blooming Flower Door / 58 / 84 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 125)

247 ) Choppy Haircut for Boys / 20 / 50 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

248 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 459 / 1377 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 248, # 816, # 277)

249 ) Let the Sunshine in Window / 38 / 99 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Contemporary Comfort Living; June 2011 Compilation

250 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 113 / 450 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 250, # 188, # 621, # 464)

251 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Just A Hare Carousel Spring Rider / 32 / 122 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!

252 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 514 but less than # 393)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I'm surprised no one got interrested into Katy Perry's Sweet Stuff. Not so long ago plenty people mentionned being looking for it.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Jude525: One of the older SimCity games (SimCity 2K, I think?) crossed over with the original Sims game, sort of. You could bring Sims from that into SimCity to see them react to things, but they couldn't "go back" to the Sims game. (They were still in your Sims game; you were importing them to SimCity, but only a copy of them.)

I know I played with that feature once or twice, but never very heavily. It would have been a lot more fun if you could cross back and forth, or if you could use some of the Sims EP extra features in the SimCity game. I don't think you could really actually DO anything; I think all they did was walk around and you could see them in your city.

I think the crossover would have been a programming nightmare, since the games used completely different engines. We got the ability to create worlds for Sims 2 and Sims 3, and then play in those, and I think that's as close as it would ever have been able to get.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Jude525: One of the older SimCity games (SimCity 2K, I think?) crossed over with the original Sims game, sort of. You could bring Sims from that into SimCity to see them react to things, but they couldn't "go back" to the Sims game. (They were still in your Sims game; you were importing them to SimCity, but only a copy of them.)

I know I played with that feature once or twice, but never very heavily. It would have been a lot more fun if you could cross back and forth, or if you could use some of the Sims EP extra features in the SimCity game. I don't think you could really actually DO anything; I think all they did was walk around and you could see them in your city.

I think the crossover would have been a programming nightmare, since the games used completely different engines. We got the ability to create worlds for Sims 2 and Sims 3, and then play in those, and I think that's as close as it would ever have been able to get.

A friend of mine told me something similar back in 2006 or 2007. He told me however that all you could with the sim was getting a review of your town in the form of "I like it because of this or that" or "You really should improve this or that.". I tried finding which version had it (2k is way too old and predates The Sims 1, 3k wasn't powerful enough, so I'd guess maybe Sim City Society, but I never played it personnally.)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    I still play SimCity 4 & there’s an option to import your Sims but it’s only the 1st Sims game & all they do like @Lexers615 said is review your progress. I do remember watching a trailer once for a proper crossover but that obviously never materialised :(
    <3
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Front Row Center Bedroom started with at least 2:02:22 (didn't see the change).
    @Lexers615: It's definitely not Sim City Societies; I got that as a gift once, and it's a COMPLETELY different game from the other Sim City games. You're not really building a city in that game, you're building - literally - a society. I think I built a conspiracy theory society once, iirc. It's an odd game, and not really my thing.

I think @JennyferLx is right, and that it's SimCity 4. I've owned every version of SimCity since the first one came out on the Mac (my father used to own a Mac), but I haven't played any of them in years.

Ironically, SimCity 4 came out after Sims 2 was out - or possibly immediately before - and they talked about being able to import Sims from the second game, but never got around to it. Unfortunately, EA never did much with the SimCity franchise, after they purchased Maxis. I don't think they really understood what people liked about it.
    Happy Birthday @Merelhyn, hope you have a great one! :cookie:

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    Current Deal

252 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 514 but less than # 393)

Upcoming Deals

253 ) 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Heel / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours

254 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 400 / 401 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 428, # 137)

255 ) Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Buccaneer's Bounty; The Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure; Quaint Cottage Collection

256 ) Animal Friends Ceiling Lamp / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

257 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 475 but less than # 301)

258 ) Regal Living Dining Room Set / 230 / 244 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 753)

259 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Towel Stackomatic / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 564)

260 ) Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

261 ) Indulgent Living / 420 / 990 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 724, # 702, # 685)

262 ) Tight Tee / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 974)

263 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Geared Clock-work Counter Island / 34 / 68 / 50% / 2 hours

264 ) Formidable Suit / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Happy Birthday @Merelhyn. I hope you had a nice day.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @Merelhyn - Happy Birthday! :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    Thank you @rnramey @Jude525 @despina53!

Well my birthday was mostly going calmly until I went to my bathroom and received suddenly like a bucket of water on my head. There is a leak in the bath of the flat above. That wasn't the birthday gift I wanted…

I'll do a small dinner/party Saturday and said I wanted simpoints and the games I'm missing. My mother said she wanted "a real suggestion list" because I'm an adult and played the Sims when I was eleven years old. So my sister took upon herself to explain to my mother that adults play video games too. That was funny. I guess I'll have to wait for Saturday to know if I'll have new simpoints!
    @Merelhyn: I hope you had a good birthday anyway! I suppose I'm lucky that my mother is as much a gamer as I am. It's my father who doesn't get our addiction at all. :)
    @Merelhyn: I hope you had a good birthday anyway! I suppose I'm lucky that my mother is as much a gamer as I am. It's my father who doesn't get our addiction at all. :)

My father doesn't even *have* a computer. Ma mother at least play tetris, it's juste that "immersive" games are for kids right?
    Current Deal

263 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Geared Clock-work Counter Island / 34 / 68 / 50% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals

264 ) Formidable Suit / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours

265 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 500)

266 ) Full Regal Living Set / 768 / 1376 / 44% / 2 hours
    Includes: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Regal Living Living Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Kitchen Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 808, # 511)

267 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom- Ikat Lattice Cambodian Rug / 33 / 61 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set

268 ) Relaxed Sweater / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 677, but less than # 380, # 458)

269 ) Rebel Just Because / 360 / 800 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 874, but less than # 783)

270 ) Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Sofa / 48 / 99 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

This is a 3-hour deal
    271 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Flock of Evils Hairstyle / 26 / 47 / 45% / 3 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

272 ) Corset Dress / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours

273 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 492 / 1125 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 509, # 407, but less than # 669)

274 ) Futureshock Kitchen / 221 / 515 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 333, # 961)

275 ) Hydro Fission Aquarium / 68 / 124 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Atomic Age Living and Dining; November 2011 Compilation Set; The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Ziristha - Thanks for the information about the extension. That is very handy.
    On the Spreadsheet for Bayside Laundry @ 539 it mentions 3 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection, but there are none?

Does someone need to edit the Spreadsheet to fix it then?

@EverclearBoy - Thank you for catching the error. @Missy2311 and @Jude525 - Thank you for fixing the spreadsheet.

@angeljess26 and @Merelhyn - Thank you for posting the duration of the deals. This confirms why the spreadsheet start times slowly become out of sync with the daily deal page start times.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited May 2018
    Current Deal

274 ) Futureshock Kitchen / 221 / 515 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 333, # 961)

Upcoming Deals

275 ) Hydro Fission Aquarium / 68 / 124 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Atomic Age Living and Dining; November 2011 Compilation Set; The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection

276 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 368 / 475 / 23% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, # 504)

277 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 952 / 1377 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 248, # 816)

278 ) Silent Hunter / 29 / 63 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

279 ) Fraud Laug / 8 / 28 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)

280 ) Vamp Neckline Blouse / 20 / 75 / 73% / 2 hours

281 ) Elite Efflorescence / 15 / 19 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

282 ) Date Night / 975 / 1950 / 50% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation

283 ) Tiered Skirt / 45 / 75 / 40% / 2 hours

284 ) Sweeter Than Flowers / 30 / 90 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxury Resort Attire; August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 377)

285 ) Fleece Shirt With Zipper / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours

286 ) Glass Flowers Column / 15 / 41 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation

Me1620 wrote: »
    @angeljess26 and @Merelhyn - Thank you for posting the duration of the deals. This confirms why the spreadsheet start times slowly become out of sync with the daily deal page start times.

Yes, and it doesn't seems to be stabilizing at all…
    Current Deal

286 ) Glass Flowers Column / 15 / 41 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation

Upcoming Deals

287 ) India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles / 444 / 1200 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: India Inspirations Collection; April 2012 Compilation Set; Best of 2012 Compilation

288 ) Yang Modern Chair / 33 / 81 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set

289 ) Farm Fresh Folk Set / 798 / 1540 / 48% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 552, # 224)

290 ) Toybox of Dreams / 46 / 103 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sweet Escape Nursery; April 2011 Compilation

291 ) Dame Daisy / 39 / 52 / 25% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Wear; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

292 ) Bold Bandana Wrap / 54 / 90 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday Kids Collection; November 2011 Compilation Set

293 ) Fuzzy Friends Lamp Post / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

294 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 798 / 1710 / 53% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 887, but less than # 659, # 142 )

295 ) Wretched Threads / 325 / 1300 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 432, # 127, # 743)

296 ) Magical Faire Gate / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Outdoors

297 ) Viva Las Vegas Living / 566 / 1175 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 10)

298 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Wall Chilies Sculpture / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

Happy Birthday @Jude525 - Hope you have a great one! :cookie:

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @Jude525 - Happy Birthday! :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    Yes! I had the green button for India Clothings, and owning it is enough to have India Collection free on the DD when it will be up! I love when it works like that :smiley:
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Jude525 Happy Birthday Jude!! Here is a birthday :cookie: . Pretend it has a candle on it for you to make a birthday wish. I hope it comes true.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top