Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection suddenly crashing?

13...Next

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @sparky1922 You are welcome. :) If you have any other questions just ask!
  • vmymaryvmymary Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi my game Sims 2 Ultimate Collection don't let me create a sim or put sims done he crash said Mansion and Garden Stuff
    Please help Thanks ;)
    vmymary wrote: »
    Hi my game Sims 2 Ultimate Collection don't let me create a sim or put sims done he crash said Mansion and Garden Stuff
    Please help Thanks ;)

Hi vmymary. Have you downloaded the graphics rules maker? If not you should, it is likely a issue with your graphics card not being recognized. Take a look here.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
  • LilGooba5292LilGooba5292 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone,

I’m currently trying to launch The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for the very first time which I received today from EA. It will attempt to launch, but it doesn’t get past the light blue screen before the loading page, where it then crashes and my computer says, “This application has crashed. The application will now terminate.” Also to note, it’s the Mansion & Garden Stuff portion that Windows says has crashed.
    I tried to go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and find the two cache files and the bad CC, but the only two folders I see are, “Teleport” and “Logs”, respectively.

I don’t think the cache files or the bad CC are even loading because the game won’t even go to the loading page before it crashes.
    Furthermore, @Rflong7, or anyone else who can help me with this matter, how do you set your game to be ‘Run as adminstrator’? I would be enlightened to know what DEP is and how to do it as well?
    My operating system is Windows 7 Professional.

*Note: I used to play The Sims 2 Deluxe and The Sims 2 Seasons on my computer no problem. But I believe there’s a big issue getting past The Mansion and Garden Stuff because I recently bought The Sims 2 Fun With Pets (before I uninstalled this and The Sims 2 Deluxe and The Sims 2 Seasons to get the Ultimate Collection) and had the same exact issue with The Mansion and Garden Stuff causing my game to crash and terminate.

Thank you and I would greatly appreciate any help as I’m a very passionate Simmer.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hi everyone,

I’m currently trying to launch The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for the very first time which I received today from EA. It will attempt to launch, but it doesn’t get past the light blue screen before the loading page, where it then crashes and my computer says, “This application has crashed. The application will now terminate.” Also to note, it’s the Mansion & Garden Stuff portion that Windows says has crashed.
    I tried to go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and find the two cache files and the bad CC, but the only two folders I see are, “Teleport” and “Logs”, respectively.

I don’t think the cache files or the bad CC are even loading because the game won’t even go to the loading page before it crashes.
    Furthermore, @Rflong7, or anyone else who can help me with this matter, how do you set your game to be ‘Run as adminstrator’? I would be enlightened to know what DEP is and how to do it as well?
    My operating system is Windows 7 Professional.

*Note: I used to play The Sims 2 Deluxe and The Sims 2 Seasons on my computer no problem. But I believe there’s a big issue getting past The Mansion and Garden Stuff because I recently bought The Sims 2 Fun With Pets (before I uninstalled this and The Sims 2 Deluxe and The Sims 2 Seasons to get the Ultimate Collection) and had the same exact issue with The Mansion and Garden Stuff causing my game to crash and terminate.

Thank you and I would greatly appreciate any help as I’m a very passionate Simmer.

Try generating a brand new Sims 2 folder. Just rename the current one to anything.

Then see if it loads. If it loads, it's something in your game files that's causing the issue. If it doesn't load, it's at least caused in part by game files.

Remove the easiest variables first, even if you don't think it's the cause.
    Hi @Seera1024 I renamed the current Sims 2 folder so a new one loaded and launched the game again. But I think there is something wrong with the game files because it still crashed. A message appears saying, "The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff: This application has crashed. The application will now terminate." Do you have any other suggestions?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LilGooba5292

I often experienced that error but for me I found it was after I had used CCleaner or a similar type of program so on the odd occasion I use CCleaner these days I immediately repair the game in Origin and the problem goes away and the game loads. Not sure if this could be your problem but maybe worth a try?
    Hey @SPARKY1922 ,

Thank you for the advice. I did what you suggested but alas the game still crashed. I have a suspicion that my issue may lie with my graphics card. I looked at @JULES1111 post about someone's graphic card possibly not being recognized and followed the first step on the site they linked to. When I got to my "Graphics device info" and the database section, it stated the following:

"Name (database): ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>"

It's stating that that graphics card is not being found in the database, and I think this is a strong lead. Fingers crossed and I'll keep everyone posted on whether I find a solution.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LilGooba5292

No worries it was just a thought as it took me ages to figure out what was causing my error like that when I first downloaded UC. You could be right about it being your graphics card and if you take a look at my last post on the following link I have posted several Graphic card related links that may be of some help.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/852182/the-sims-2-windows-7-10-fixes#latest

I hope you manage to find a solution as I know how frustrating it can be :)
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    edited March 2017
    I highly reccomend the mods on moreawesomethanyou, especially the ffsdebugger (batbox), as well as mods by cyjon. These can help prevent corruption caused by bad EA coding. The batbox also will delete corrupted memories which can be caused by EA or by corrupted gossip. This will slow down your game a lot. I also highly recommend you download mootilda's hood checker. It'll remove corruption from your game.
    I have another suggested program to modify your sims2.exe file to allow it to use more space but it's on my other computer so I'll have to come back later with its name :smile:

Also, check the names of your CC files. If they have odd characters or spaces in them they can slow down your game load time (ex; [ ] ( ) { }, etc). You can fix this super easily by changing the package names. I usually replace spaces with an underscore ( _ ) and odd characters with a dash ( - ).

My game used to constantly crash, but since following these steps it hasn't crashed once :smile:
    (there are ways to destroy your game in other ways, but for that I recommend researching the different ways corruption occurs so you can follow steps to prevent that, or avoid accidentally causing it yourself)

EDIT: The program is CFF explorer. Go to http://lifasims.livejournal.com/3738.html to learn how to use it.
    I learned about this in this forum post: http://digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=21931.0
    If you read the comments section you can find a more detailed description about renaming the CC files.
    Post edited by Misscow1P on
    edited March 2017
    Hey @SPARKY1922 ,

Thank you for the advice. I did what you suggested but alas the game still crashed. I have a suspicion that my issue may lie with my graphics card. I looked at @JULES1111 post about someone's graphic card possibly not being recognized and followed the first step on the site they linked to. When I got to my "Graphics device info" and the database section, it stated the following:

"Name (database): ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>"

It's stating that that graphics card is not being found in the database, and I think this is a strong lead. Fingers crossed and I'll keep everyone posted on whether I find a solution.

The game is not recognizing your video card. You will need to follow the rest of the steps on that site, and download the graphics rules maker for your video card. That is step 3 ;)

After downloading, and installing them in the 2 folders listed, try re-launching the game to see if it is working. I don't know much about Radeon graphics, so I don't know how new that card is, some of the newer cards have issues even using the graphics rules, if that's the case they will need to be altered manually. ( Please don't ask me how to do that, I have no clue :s I had to have a friend change mine and e-mail it to me. :D

Edit to add link to site: http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
  • PhoenixxPhoenixx Posts: 21 Member
    It's very frustrating, I'm getting the same error/crash message about Gardens and Mansions every time I try to move in a family or create any pet.

I downloaded, installed, and ran the Graphics Rules Maker which didn't help me at all.

I restarted the computer.

I re-installed the game.

I repaired the game.

I don't use any mods or custom content, in fact I just installed the game for the first time yesterday.

I'm simply at all loss of what to do. :(