Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Loved those pictures from the dating app. And Finn! I still have him in my game, he's so very handsome. If I were Farrah I would date him. ;) He's been such a good friend to Chris through the highschool years. He's got a nice personality.
    You left us with a little cliffhanger. Now I'm wondering if it really was Mirjam who leaked the story. But who else could it be?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee you're welcome :) It was fun to make them. So happy to see Farrah being confident about the future with or without a someone at her side. ;)

@Marialein Yess, I just love them sooo much <3
    Farrah is definitely gl/rowing up in a sense!
    Thank you for reading and commenting <3
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    What a cute idea! Glad to see her getting stronger .. and super glad to know that there will be answers about her leaked manuscript.

@lisabee2 Thank you! I was super glad to have @Marialein at my side to realize it!
    Farrah is getting more of a woman every day! Answers will be soon-ish...
    Thanks for reading and commenting <3
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    OG those profiles slay me!! Great update thank YOU

@VIRTUALEE And thank YOU for being an amazing reader and leaving a comment <3:kissing_heart:
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Loved those pictures from the dating app. And Finn! I still have him in my game, he's so very handsome. If I were Farrah I would date him. ;) He's been such a good friend to Chris through the highschool years. He's got a nice personality.
    You left us with a little cliffhanger. Now I'm wondering if it really was Mirjam who leaked the story. But who else could it be?

@Maladi777 I am solemnly in love with them, @Marialein did an amazing job!
    And yes, Finn! I just can't distance myself from him. In another life his story would've been written instead of Farrah's. (I still have their legacy safe!) Whether Farrah will actually meet the love of her life through the dating app is something I can't promise, but at least they'll help her getting a healthy view on dating!
    We will know who leaked the draft in 3.55, so a little more patience ;)
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    #slay4days all the way! Loved the chapter! Did I say that already? I can't remember? Hahahahah! <3
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Kamio wrote: »
    #slay4days all the way! Loved the chapter! Did I say that already? I can't remember? Hahahahah! <3

@Kamio Eeek, thank you so much! #Slay4days is life :lol:
    Thank you for reading and commenting!!! <3
    3.53 The discontinuation of the discontinuation

28_1_17_17_30_02.png

The air in the cluttered room was musky.
    Adele turned around another time, crinkling her nose. But her slumber was now disturbed as she was confronted by the sound of rumbling down-stairs. The adolescent seemed, however, not alarmed at all. She closed her eyes again, hoping to get back to sleep.

What a pity it was that wouldn’t happen tonight.

28_1_17_17_26_35.png

The woman growled as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, her feet sinking into the soft carpet.
    Old dirty clothes were scattered all around her, the room was a mess.

But Adele’s mind was occupied with other thoughts at the moment. Silently she raised from the bed, plucking a robe from the ground as she went.

28_1_17_17_25_47.png

The damaged hallway was also none of Adele’s concerns at the moment. They would fix it at some point, she told herself trying to ignore the cracks. She never knew how to convince herself to actually believe those lies.

28_1_17_17_14_05.png

There he was, rummaging through the fridge from his after-drinking munchies. Still dressed in his sports-jersey from their last year of high-school. He just couldn’t let it go.

“Ethan?” She asked, hoping for him to stop the nonsense and come to bed. He didn’t.

“Ethan!” She said again, this time a little more earnest.

28_1_17_17_16_13.png

“Go to bed, Adele!” Ethan yelled as he turned around.
    Great, he was drunk of his @ss.

“Ethan, please.”

“Nothing, please. You don’t control me Adele!”

The rant had started before she could even progress it, still sleep-drunk she processed the words.

”I just went out with the guys, what is wrong with that? Huh? You’re not my boss, you’re nobody! You are just a useless nagging woman, who thinks that she matters. Who thinks that anyone actually cares about her. Wake-up, Adele!”

28_1_17_17_17_32.png

Adele closed her eyes and clasped her hands in front of them, letting Ethan rant at her.
    She tried to think of happier things, a small home, fitting the both of them. It was finished and the air smelled like detergent rather than musk. Every evening Ethan and she would have dinner together, talking about their days at work. They would do the dishes together, and watch some silly rom-com afterwards.

Then they would both head to bed, falling asleep in each other’s arms
    One day they would get there, Adele promised herself.
    Just wait it out.

‘I married him, because he’s my first love. My first kiss. The first who I gave everything.”
    And you’re supposed to be happily married to your first, until death will do us apart. We will be happy, we are happy…

28_1_17_17_19_15.png

Adele’s eyes flung open as a plate shattered next to her head.

“Answer me, Adele! Don’t you dare ignore me. I am a person!”

She took a deep sigh, and continued living the hell she was in.

6_2_17_12_54_40.png

It’s not a book, but it’s a start. Farrah was pleased with her inspiration for the second part of the butterfly effect. It would take place in Adele’s past, when she was but an eighteen year old married to her abusive, alcoholic high school sweetheart.

The leaked draft? Farrah decided to let it completely out of the second book, if she would add it, it would be in the third book. Making it a huge promotion stunt, she knew everyone would be searching for it as soon as she would publish part two.

Ethan, Adele’s late-husband was for now represented by Maxime in Farrah’s head. But a younger one whom acted completely out of role.
    Farrah pondered long and hard as to why she pictured him like that in her head, she had yet to cast the actors for book and movie 2, so she couldn’t think of him as the actual actor.

30_5_16_17_05_34.png

But she realized Maxime was just a place-holder. Although he had never been abusive or had any drinking problems, in a way he represented the same part in Farrah’s life as Ethan did in Adele’s.

8_6_16_16_39_18.png

Both Adele and she found obligated to stay and start a family with their first love. Eventually becoming an obstacle in the way of their own happiness, the only one to blame, their selves for not escaping out of the prison they put their selves in.

Where Adele broke free out of her prison because of her husband’s death, Farrah actually got to learn from the situation that she decided no longer to be a part of.

Sure, it took her many years to finally discover how to love again. How to not feel like doing herself under, and not feel dependent of a masculine-role.

30_6_16_15_24_34.png

But by now she finally understood that love could be big and beautiful, if she would just try and give it an actual chance.

And some day she would make Adele aware of that too, but she had yet to escape her prison.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Oh wow talk about a chapter pulling on your heart strings. I was engaged too someone five years ago when I was really young and I really should have left quicker than I did. You live for those happy moments amongst all of the plum. Woah! Ah - I really enjoyed it. I haven't been that emotional affected by a chapter - but in a good way because it gets better and leaving is so much better and love, REAL LOVE - is amazing!

My husband blew me out of the water with the way that he loved me. I remember thinking 'Is this really what love is, because I didn't know that it could be like this'. Needless to say I married him asquickly as I could. Hahahahaha!

I'm going to stop now before I write a novel. Thanks for this chapter! I <3 it!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    I like how she channels her feelings and past mistakes through the characters in her books. It's time for her to finally find herself and live the life she wants. Hopefully with some nice person by her side that will not push her any direction she doesn't want to go. Although it's sad that she uses Maxine as a placeholder for a bad character. He meant well and he loved her.
    Is there a time jump ahead now? Looking forward to seeing her children as teenagers. :smile:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Kamio wrote: »
    Oh wow talk about a chapter pulling on your heart strings. I was engaged too someone five years ago when I was really young and I really should have left quicker than I did. You live for those happy moments amongst all of the plum. Woah! Ah - I really enjoyed it. I haven't been that emotional affected by a chapter - but in a good way because it gets better and leaving is so much better and love, REAL LOVE - is amazing!

My husband blew me out of the water with the way that he loved me. I remember thinking 'Is this really what love is, because I didn't know that it could be like this'. Needless to say I married him asquickly as I could. Hahahahaha!

I'm going to stop now before I write a novel. Thanks for this chapter! I <3 it!

@Kamio I am so glad to hear that I knew to touch you with my writing! It's one of the biggest compliment I can think of! I'm sorry you had to go through that phase of your life, but glad to hear that you found real love! :blush:
    Thank you for reading and leaving such a heartfelt comment <3
    I like how she channels her feelings and past mistakes through the characters in her books. It's time for her to finally find herself and live the life she wants. Hopefully with some nice person by her side that will not push her any direction she doesn't want to go. Although it's sad that she uses Maxine as a placeholder for a bad character. He meant well and he loved her.
    Is there a time jump ahead now? Looking forward to seeing her children as teenagers. :smile:

@Maladi777 I think of Farrah as a every poetic woman/sim. Not one I'm completely able to write down, but I try. She's slowly getting stronger and over her fears :)
    Maxime was a place holder, but never because she though badly about him! Simply because she measures his role in her life too Ethan's role in Adele's life. If you read between the lines you might even see her saying that he actually was her first love ;)
    And yes, chapter 2.56 will be the first chapter with teenage Graham and Margo <3
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment! <3
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    3.53 The discontinuation of the discontinuation

28_1_17_17_30_02.png

The air in the cluttered room was musky.
    Adele turned around another time, crinkling her nose. But her slumber was now disturbed as she was confronted by the sound of rumbling down-stairs. The adolescent seemed, however, not alarmed at all. She closed her eyes again, hoping to get back to sleep.

What a pity it was that wouldn’t happen tonight.

28_1_17_17_26_35.png

The woman growled as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, her feet sinking into the soft carpet.
    Old dirty clothes were scattered all around her, the room was a mess.

But Adele’s mind was occupied with other thoughts at the moment. Silently she raised from the bed, plucking a robe from the ground as she went.

28_1_17_17_25_47.png

The damaged hallway was also none of Adele’s concerns at the moment. They would fix it at some point, she told herself trying to ignore the cracks. She never knew how to convince herself to actually believe those lies.

28_1_17_17_14_05.png

There he was, rummaging through the fridge from his after-drinking munchies. Still dressed in his sports-jersey from their last year of high-school. He just couldn’t let it go.

“Ethan?” She asked, hoping for him to stop the nonsense and come to bed. He didn’t.

“Ethan!” She said again, this time a little more earnest.

28_1_17_17_16_13.png

“Go to bed, Adele!” Ethan yelled as he turned around.
    Great, he was drunk of his @ss.

“Ethan, please.”

“Nothing, please. You don’t control me Adele!”

The rant had started before she could even progress it, still sleep-drunk she processed the words.

”I just went out with the guys, what is wrong with that? Huh? You’re not my boss, you’re nobody! You are just a useless nagging woman, who thinks that she matters. Who thinks that anyone actually cares about her. Wake-up, Adele!”

28_1_17_17_17_32.png

Adele closed her eyes and clasped her hands in front of them, letting Ethan rant at her.
    She tried to think of happier things, a small home, fitting the both of them. It was finished and the air smelled like detergent rather than musk. Every evening Ethan and she would have dinner together, talking about their days at work. They would do the dishes together, and watch some silly rom-com afterwards.

Then they would both head to bed, falling asleep in each other’s arms
    One day they would get there, Adele promised herself.
    Just wait it out.

‘I married him, because he’s my first love. My first kiss. The first who I gave everything.”
    And you’re supposed to be happily married to your first, until death will do us apart. We will be happy, we are happy…

28_1_17_17_19_15.png

Adele’s eyes flung open as a plate shattered next to her head.

“Answer me, Adele! Don’t you dare ignore me. I am a person!”

She took a deep sigh, and continued living the plum she was in.

6_2_17_12_54_40.png

It’s not a book, but it’s a start. Farrah was pleased with her inspiration for the second part of the butterfly effect. It would take place in Adele’s past, when she was but an eighteen year old married to her abusive, alcoholic high school sweetheart.

The leaked draft? Farrah decided to let it completely out of the second book, if she would add it, it would be in the third book. Making it a huge promotion stunt, she knew everyone would be searching for it as soon as she would publish part two.

Ethan, Adele’s late-husband was for now represented by Maxime in Farrah’s head. But a younger one whom acted completely out of role.
    Farrah pondered long and hard as to why she pictured him like that in her head, she had yet to cast the actors for book and movie 2, so she couldn’t think of him as the actual actor.

30_5_16_17_05_34.png

But she realized Maxime was just a place-holder. Although he had never been abusive or had any drinking problems, in a way he represented the same part in Farrah’s life as Ethan did in Adele’s.

8_6_16_16_39_18.png

Both Adele and she found obligated to stay and start a family with their first love. Eventually becoming an obstacle in the way of their own happiness, the only one to blame, their selves for not escaping out of the prison they put their selves in.

Where Adele broke free out of her prison because of her husband’s death, Farrah actually got to learn from the situation that she decided no longer to be a part of.

Sure, it took her many years to finally discover how to love again. How to not feel like doing herself under, and not feel dependent of a masculine-role.

30_6_16_15_24_34.png

But by now she finally understood that love could be big and beautiful, if she would just try and give it an actual chance.

And some day she would make Adele aware of that too, but she had yet to escape her prison.

The second part was as heart warming as the first was heart wrenching .. I hope she helps Adele to a better and happier life!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    The second part was as heart warming as the first was heart wrenching .. I hope she helps Adele to a better and happier life!

@lisabee2 Farrah will be gentle to Adele at some point! It might only take hundreds of pages ;)
    edited February 2017
    3.54 Fitting

6_2_17_15_31_35.png

“There she is!” Sophia woo’ed as Farrah left the fitting room. Surrounded by her daughters and granddaughters she felt a little bit of a déjà vu. Years ago she had taken place on a couch in a bridal shop with Troian and Tatum to help Farrah pick her wedding dress.
    She couldn’t believe how much had changed, for one Margo whom was just a baby and Iris whom was a kid had joined them. The family had gotten bigger, and although there was more distance they still felt closer, lovelier.
    All her daughters had experienced growth over the years.

6_2_17_15_34_57.png

Tatum had been married for a decade now, she had three beautiful children Sophia wished she could see more. The family was cosy and filled with love, a model home.
    Sure, Christian and Tatum have had their own rough waters to get through. But they were still happily married.

Troian was a whole story altogether, never having a particularly ‘easy’ life. She was not unhappy, though. She was the polar opposite. After breaking things of with Ryan she took most responsibility of Hester, their daughter. She only visited her father every other weekend.
    After a rough patch, Troian found happiness and soothing when she moved in with childhood friend Valentine. After the occasional awkwardness he was still what he had always been to her. She finally seemed happy, and ever since she found herself in a relationship her life seemed complete.

6_2_17_15_34_03.png

The shy little orphan Iris had been once they first saw her, she was no longer. Sophia felt touched by the process the girl went through once finally arriving in their steady home. Every day she grew a little more attached to their ‘palace’. Sophia and Blue were her parents a little more day by day. By now she was a confident smart adolescent, and Sophia just couldn’t wait to see where life would bring her.

“So?” Farrah asked, the blue dress tightly strapped around her body. Her twin-sisters looked at the dress critically before switching looks.
    “It’s really beautiful.” Tatum said.
    “But I don’t think it’s red-carpet worthy.” Troian added.

6_2_17_15_34_43.png

Farrah smiled. “True, it’s not… Not… Help me out here?” She asked, unsure how to articulate her feelings.
    “Not red carpet-worthy.” Troian said again, but Farrah shook her head.
    “I can’t find the word.” She laughed. “Any suggestion on what to try next?”
    Margo smiled from ear to ear. “Something dreamy, celebrities always look so dreamy!”

Farrah’s faced lit up as she nodded at her daughter. “I think I know what to try on.”

6_2_17_15_35_06.png

Farrah returned shortly in a short, deep-blue dress. “That is pretty dreamy!” Margo nodded, but she sounded less enthusiastic then before. “But I don’t know…”
    Fararh smiled at her as Sophia rubbed her back. “You don’t like it, honey?” Her grandmother asked. Margo nodded. “Yes I do! But I don’t think mommy likes it! She doesn’t look like she likes it!”

Tatum and Troian giggle at the little girls explanation. “You’re not sparkling, Far!” Troian says. “Go find a dress that makes you sparkle!”

6_2_17_15_37_09.png

“Well, it would be kind of nice if you would help me out!” Farrah said, she then switched her attention to Iris. “Iris, you’ve been awfully quite. Tell me, what do you think?”
    Iris smiled, beauty and dresses were never really her thing. But she felt so happy as she heard her sister wanted to include her. “I think this dress is really pretty.” She started, at which Troian added a giggling. “But…” Iris smiled. “But, I think a long gown would really do you right on the red carpet.”
    Farrah smiled. “A long gown it is!”

6_2_17_15_38_20.png

Margo stood up as her mother re-entered the room, her entourage all seemed fairly distracted but her. “Mommy, you look like a princess!” Margo squealed, at which the other women turned their heads. “Wow, Farrah.” Sophia said. “If you would’ve found this dress in white nine years ago you would’ve gotten married in it.”
    Farrah nodded, her smile polite but small.
    “If Farrah found it now, she wouldn’t.” Tatum said, studying her sisters face. “Why?” She added.

6_2_17_15_38_40.png

“It’s a really beautiful dress, I really think so.” Farrah said, letting her smile go. “It is!” Margo agreed, still enchanted by the cloth.
    “But don’t you guys think it’s a bit… plain?”
    As Farrah didn’t get an immediate response, she continued talking.
    “I imagined something artistic, something with a wow-factor. A dress that says: ‘I wrote a book, and today it’s movie is going in premiere.”
    She hesitated looking at her daughter. “Not, I’m getting married and for some weird reason I don’t want to be the centre of attention.”

6_2_17_15_30_42.png

“Then don’t wear it.” Sophia said standing up. “Wear what makes you happy, and comfortable! I bet Margo can find you a beautiful dress. Right, honey?” Margo nodded enthusiastically. “I’ll find dresses even more beautiful than this one. Even if it takes the whole night.” Sophia took the little girls by the hand. Soon Farrah’s entire entourage was roaming through the shop giving Farrah one dress after the other.

6_2_17_15_40_50.png

Farrah had tried at least ten different dresses, when Margo fell asleep. She had been so excited and gave her opinion on every single dress. Farrah had laid apart a few she liked particularly more than others to pick from. All Margo-approved of course.

6_2_17_15_40_39.png

“She fell asleep.” Iris whispered as Farrah came out in a glittery dress.
    Farrah laughed. “Poor baby, it’s pretty late as it is! I hope she won’t be offended if we don’t wake her. She needs the rest.”

“So?” Troian asks, pointing at the dress. “This it?”
    Farrah laughed. “Still doubting, there is just one more dress I really want to try on. After that I’ll be ready to make a decision.” The girls couldn’t help but leave a sigh of relieve.

“I’ll try to be quick” Farrah promised.

6_2_17_15_41_47.png

“Oh honey, you’re a picture!” Sophia said as Farrah entered the room again.

The huge grin on Farrah’s face made her insides warm, she lived for moment’s like these. Moments where her children looked truly happy. “Tell me, tell me you like this dress. Because my motherly-intuition would be completely off otherwise.”

Troian smirked. “Of course she likes it, look at that smug grin.”

6_2_17_15_44_27.png

“It’s pretty. No, it’s beautiful! I love the cut-out and the patterns. It’s so extravagant! It’s… I need this.” Farrah rambled.

28_7_16_16_01_12.png

Oh how much she had grown since her supposed to be wedding-day.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
    I'm a little confused. Which one did she buy? The blue or the white she's wearing in the last picture?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    I'm a little confused. Which one did she buy? The blue or the white she's wearing in the last picture?

@Maladi777 She bought the blue one, the picture of her in the white dress is a flashback to the day she was supposed to marry Maxime. It's to show how much she developed, Might add a sentence or two to clarify that :)

@Maladi777 She bought the blue one, the picture of her in the white dress is a flashback to the day she was supposed to marry Maxime. It's to show how much she developed, Might add a sentence or two to clarify that :)

Aha! Now it makes sense. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    3.55 The premiere

9_2_17_15_09_40.png

Farrah could barely believe it. Hundreds of people had gathered around the movie-theatre, probably not even a quarter of them had actual tickets. Yet they all took the effort to show up to the actual premiere.
    The cover art, designed by an amazing artist called Maria, shone brightly at the centre of the movie theatre.

Breathlessly Farrah took it all in, she felt like she was on top of the world.

9_2_17_15_08_47.png

And she was not the only one overwhelmed, at her sides she could hear her children gasping for air. It was all so overwhelming, the music, the people, the food. Photographers, movie stars. They were surrounded by the life of a celebrity.
    “Mommy, can we try out the chocolate fountain?” Margo whispered, staring at the buffet at the end of the red-carpet. Graham nodded in agreement.

“Sure you can.” Farrah smiled. “Just don’t get yourself nauseous.”
    She barely finished her sentence as they both ran off.

9_2_17_15_12_24.png

“Farrah, you look like a million bucks.” Jenna said as Farrah passed her on the carpet.
    “Thank you Jenna, you look quite stunning yourself.” Farrah complimented, the woman shot her a bright smile. “Well, it is a pretty special day after all! This is the very first movie where I was head of casting after all. It got me a ton of jobs already, and the movie is just going in premiere now!” Farrah blushed at the compliment.

9_2_17_15_05_52.png

“No really, Farrah! And I’m not the only one. I heard Denise over there established herself a role as Ariel in a little-mermaid remake. All thanks to her playing Adele in today’s production.
    You’ve build an empire.”

9_2_17_15_14_31.png

As Jenna walked along, her words stuck. Farrah scanned her surroundings. She wasn’t so sure about an empire, but she knew from the happy sphere of the people around her she made something beautiful.

Her parents seemed so in love, and so proud. Her children were excited from tip to toe. Her sisters were laughing together.

9_2_17_15_15_02.png

22_2_17_16_46_08.png

22_2_17_20_19_03.png

After getting some bites the guest whom were lucky enough to get a ticket, retreated upstairs towards the cinema. Farrah watched them take their seats in satisfaction, her children scurried around the place seeking contact with almost everyone. Farrah laughed as she saw Margo chatting up Denise, and Graham clinging to his grandmother.

22_2_17_20_15_27.png

There were so many people in the room that Farrah lost track of who was who and who sat where. She took a deep breath, she knew most of the people present, they would keep an eye on her children. It was about time to enjoy the movie.

22_2_17_16_47_40.png

22_2_17_20_13_39.png

22_2_17_20_14_32.png

22_2_17_20_15_58.png

22_2_17_20_16_31.png

22_2_17_20_20_58.png

The movie was nearing an end when Farrah saw a familiar figure leaving the room.
    At first she doubted, would she go after her? The movie was almost over and people would want to talk to her, could she just leave like that?

Farrah turned to Stan, who was seated next to her. “I… I need to talk to her.” She said, gesturing to the stairs. Stan switched his gaze between her and the screen. “You’ll miss the last fifteen minutes of your own movie.” He said, tilting his head.
    Farrah smiled. “I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing them at least another hundred times.”

22_2_17_20_22_15.png

There she stood, munching on one of the snack served on the golden tables. Farrah smiled at the sight of it, she had no idea what was about to happen.

“Mirjam..” Farrah said, carefully approaching the woman.
    Mirjam jumped a little, quickly putting the pastry back on her plate and swallowing the remains of her food. “I, I was just going to take a bite and then leave.” Mirjam said. “I thought you wouldn’t want to see me here, after our fights. I’ll be gone quick.”

22_2_17_20_26_39.png

Farrah shook her head. “I didn’t want you here, that’s right.” She admits. Disappointment briefly flickered on Mirjam’s face. “I thought so, you seemed so convinced that I…”
    “Mirjam, I know you leaked my draft. The police corps confirmed it weeks ago.”
    The brunette turned silent, her facial expression changing at least a hundred times. She was utterly wordless.

22_2_17_20_28_55.png

“I was not about to hold a grudge against you, though.” Farrah added, raising her shoulders.
    “That really seemed kind of pointless.”
    Mirjam was visibly shaking, a vein appeared above her right eyebrow.

“Mirjam I forgive you.” She then said, at which the stress disappeared from the woman’s face.
    “You do?”

22_2_17_20_26_27.png

“I do.” Farrah said.
    “But not because I love you. Because I really don’t, and I don’t think I ever did love you like that.” It was quiet for a moment, Mirjam didn’t seem like she knew what to say at all.

“I’m sorry for not loving you back.” Farrah added.
    “And.. And I’m sorry for what I did. I don’t think I should have done that.” Mirjam answered,
    Farrah laughed at the awkward posture of the woman in front of her.

22_2_17_20_26_52.png

“I’m stronger now, Mirjam. I might’ve not liked what you’ve done to me. And I wouldn’t do it this way again if I could. But it’s in the past now. Quite honestly, you’re in my past now.”
    The woman seemed flabbergasted.

“I don’t think we should see each other, like ever again. But I do wish you the best, I hope you find love.”
    Mirjam vigorously nodded her head putting her plate on the counter. She then left the movie-theatre with a quick pass. Farrah watched her leave. A big weight fell from her shoulders, everything seemed okay now.

A/N
    And that concludes this half of generation three! What will be next is a time-jump, Margo and Graham will be teenagers and much more is to come. I'm only just getting a taste of it ;)

I really want to thank everyone who has been dedicated to this story. Every view, like and comment inspires and encourages me! <3
    That really takes a morally high person to forgive what Mirjam did. Farrah has grown.

Seeing Farrah taking the kids to the movie I have to ask what rating did the movie have? ;)

Looking forward to seeing the teenagers.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    That really takes a morally high person to forgive what Mirjam did. Farrah has grown.

Seeing Farrah taking the kids to the movie I have to ask what rating did the movie have? ;)

Looking forward to seeing the teenagers.

@Maladi777 Farrah has grown a lot! Her forgiving Mirjam is just the tip of the iceberg, but the best way to show it of :)

The movie would be considered 12 and older, so they were a little under aged. ;)
    No explicit steamy scenes, I imagine the kids impatiently hopping from chair to chair, chatting people up because the plot doesn't quite catch their attention :lol:
    I can't wait to start that arc!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It was beautiful of Farrah forgiving Mirjam; yet, it was needed. Moving on was the best, for both of them.
    Looking forward to the time jump! ;)
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    It was beautiful of Farrah forgiving Mirjam; yet, it was needed. Moving on was the best, for both of them.
    Looking forward to the time jump! ;)

@anaitapeva Farrah forgiving Mirjam was something that needed to happen. Hopefully they'll both live in peace now!
    I can't wait for the time-jump either! :lol:
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Just read 2.13! I wanted to say, I am loving the story so far! The writing is beautiful and conveys so much emotion! It is so sad, but well-written about J. Great job!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
    Just read 2.13! I wanted to say, I am loving the story so far! The writing is beautiful and conveys so much emotion! It is so sad, but well-written about J. Great job!

@Crzydramaqueen Welcome! So glad you found my story and decided to give it a try! <3
    You flatter me so much, thank you! And thank you for reading and leaving a comment, I appreciate it a lot <3
    Hi! Everyone!

School has been hectic! Assignments, presentations (Oh gosh how I hate these) and tests all due the past weeks. The Grace's have been constantly in my mind and I've been trying to slip some time for them in between. Brace yourself to get introduced to teenage Margo and Graham soon! ;)
    Just not very soon, because my life is so busy :lol:
    3.56 An intriguing blend of simplicity and complexity

29-3-17_16-25-28.png

As Graham was strolling through the hallway Lalita’s hand was clutched into his. Even though he had been holding them for the past few months, they still intrigued Graham as if it were the very first time.
    Long slender fingers, only half as thick as his. They were sun-kissed, just like the rest of Lalita’s skin and attached to a delicate and fine palm.
    It made him aware of his own big and lumpish hands. They were slightly sticky and wet from the sweat.
    “Sorry.” Graham muttered once again, aware of his sweaty palms.
    Lalita laughed softly. “It’s fine, Graham. Really” She assured, making Graham smile at the confirmation. Graham liked how Lalita didn’t care for silly things like sweaty palms, or anything in that calibre really. Messy hair.. Mismatched socks…
    It had been confirmed over and over in the past few months.

There were however other things that bothered her.

29-3-17_16-36-17.png

“This is my stop.” Graham said, pointing to the door of the arts and crafts room. He softly loosened his hands from Lalita, but she didn’t take a step back. Instead she put her hands on her hips in a disapproving manner. She sighed a little, but Graham didn’t take the bait. They have had this conversation before a thousand times.
    Finally Lalita gave in, she sighed again and started talking. “You really are going to keep doing this, aren’t you?”
    Lalita’s tone bothered Graham, it was the complete opposite of how she had just accepted his sweaty hands.
    As Graham didn’t answer straight away, Lalita continued her moping.
    “You’ve been trying out silly little clubs for the entire school year! A little bit of maths-club here, a tiny bit of drama there. Throw in a week of the schools paper.”

29-3-17_16-32-02.png

Lalita reached out for Graham’s face, but he turned it away. Graham shook his head. “I’m just trying things out Lalita. Finding my place, you know that.” He was getting irritated by her nagging behaviour. Yet, Graham’s reasoning didn’t please Lalita. She came closer and pulled the collar of his football jersey.
    “When will you realise that the football team needs your full devotion?” She asked, sticking her bottom lip out. “It has been the only thing that has captured your interest for longer than a month.”
    Graham considered mentioning she did too, but decided not to hit that sensitive string right now. He wouldn’t get her hopes up like that.
    “I care for you Graham, you should realise sports is the thing that makes you happy. That you are devoted too. Why search for anything second best when you already have what you need?”

29-3-17_16-29-43.png

Graham plucked her hands from his jacket and pulled them in front of his face. At first he was startled by how close she suddenly was, but he then decided to roll with it. “I have this emptiness, Lalita.” He started. She was mesmerized by the distance between them, unable to answer. “And it influences me like a driving force. What if I never find the piece that makes me incomplete? Just because I decided I already may have filled it.”
    Lalita nodded softly to confirm she understood.

29-3-17_16-34-53.png

Graham let go of her hands. “I should go now.” He said, at which she nodded again. Her face was still pointing downwards and she was visibly moping. “Have fun.” She said, avoiding eye contact.
    Graham started feeling bad, he truly believed his girlfriend wanted the best for him. Yet he never felt like she truly understood him. Seeing her frown the way she did made him feel guilty.
    For a minute he doubted, and then he decided to plant a kiss on the top of her head. Her shoulders tensed for a minute, but then relaxed.
    “See you.” Graham said.
    “Yeah, see you.” Lalita answered.

29-3-17_20-25-05.png

Graham’s mood lightened as he finally entered the arts room. He fawned a smile and shortly waved at his cousin, Charlotte, whom was occupying one of the easels.
    “Hi Graham, nice to finally have you here.” She said, smiling. Her eyes quickly switched between him and the canvas. “Look around, make yourself comfortable.” She encouraged.
    Graham followed her advice and scanned the room. It was rather big, with a lot of easels and carving stations. The canvasses placed carefully against the wall, made him tilt his head. “Who made these?” He asked in awe.
    Once again Charlotte changed the focus of her attention. “Some of those are Margo’s actually.” She said smiling. “She’s rather talented.”
    “Where is she?” Graham then asked, realizing his sister supposedly was part of this small community too. “Her cheerleader trainings clash with our Monday-morning sessions. So she usually misses out on those.” Charlotte answered truthfully.

29-3-17_20-22-50.png

Another voice sounded from across the room, Graham had noticed the dark figure sitting on what seemed to be the teachers chair when he looked around the room. She had then been playing on her phone and payed no attention to her surroundings. Apparently she did listen, and speak she did too.
    “And of course she chooses to skip art, and not cheerleading.” Charlotte shook her head. “Marion, please.” She begged, but the tough girl shrugged. “Hey, I don’t blame her.” She continued. “It’s just how plum works, society and all.”
    Graham’s attention was captured and he walked a little closer to Marion. She smirked a little.
    “What do you mean?” He asked, unsure what to think of the rough appearance.

29-3-17_20-30-11.png

“What I mean is that Oasis Springs High is one big caste-system. And we’re at the bottom.
    Margo would be insane to choose arts over cheerleading. She wouldn’t survive if she did.”
    Graham took a few seconds to let the rant sink in. The girl wasn’t finished yet, though. “Do you even notice or acknowledge people like me? You didn’t even bother to say hello when you entered the room.”
    At this Graham felt like talking back, neither did she take the effort to greet him. She was as much guilty as he was, yet something about what she said made sense to him. So he decided to keep his mouth shut and listen.

29-3-17_20-23-30.png

“Hey, it’s the system. Jocks hang with jocks, jocks hang with cheerleader. Painters hang with Poppy from the newspaper, because nobody else will.”
    After finishing her sentence, Marion raised an eyebrow. “You know Poppy right? You worked at the school newspaper.”
    Graham did know Poppy, he was unwilling to admit that he found her a bit strange, since it would be acknowledging him being superficial.
    “Really, I wonder how long you’ll really stay. At some point you’ll get tired of the disapproving stares from those surrounding you. It’s already getting to your sister, you know?”

29-3-17_20-37-52.png

“Marion, that’s enough!” Charlotte’s voice was firm and clear from across the room. Graham couldn’t see her, but imagined the worried look she must’ve carried on her face. She was always one to stand up for others.
    “Graham has no obligations to anyone, not his teammates nor us. And you shouldn’t take your feelings out on him just because of the green jersey he’s wearing.
    The words were supposed to be supportive, but Graham felt like wearing that particular jersey actually made him guilty of something. Even with Charlotte sticking up for him.
    “Just stop it, Marion.” She added.

29-3-17_20-33-12.png

Marion hung her head low after Charlotte finished talking, she was no longer making eye contact with anyone. After a few lost seconds she opened her mouth again.
    “I’m not going to apologize, you know.” The comment almost made Graham laugh, Marion reminded him of a stubborn kid. A stereotype example of a rebelling teenager. “I didn’t think you would.” He answered. “And I don’t think you should.” He added quickly, hoping not to set off his cousin for boycotting her saviour-attempt.

29-3-17_20-45-29.png

“Yet you’re still a part of it. Dating a cheerleader, because other girls are not good enough. Not in a high enough caste.” Marion hissed between her teeth.
    “A cheerleader was the only option to begin with, wasn’t it? I heard you rejected dozens of girls. And they never saw it coming.”
    “You don’t know anything.” Graham answered, his neck hairs stood up straight, Marion had hit just the string that hurt him most.
    But then a tiny cold hand grabbed his wrist.
    “This conversation is over.” Charlotte said, this time physically pulling her cousin away from the situations.
    “Marion, go paint or leave.” She said, while setting up a canvas for Graham.

29-3-17_20-48-28.png

After the conversation had cooled down for a moment, Graham dared to look over his shoulder. The girl moved her brush over the canvas short and stern in an almost aggressive way, red and black filled the empty white space.
    Marion Penn seemed to hold so much anger in her, it intrigued him.

Maybe even more than Lalita’s hands did.

A/N
    And with this chapter I kick-off part two of generation three. A true introduction of generation four. Of course our lovely Farrah will be a big part too until the end of gen 3, but her children more than deserved this spotlight!
    Sorry for the long wait! It took me 30 days, but I had so many things to figure out and hope to really get the quality of my story up this way. I hope to bring out the next chapter sooner, though and will keep you posted ;)
    I also want to thank @Spottydog714 for Lalita Arevalo and @CharmingMaruska for Marion Penn! They are the first characters of more to come created by my book club, I absolutely adore them!
    Please leave a comment with your thoughts, they encourage and support me so much. And until next time <3
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: I want him! I want him! I want him! I need me a Graham! I must add him to my collection!

Dark WitcHazard: Go ahead I got my eyes on Marion! If looks could kill Graham would be six feet under! Charlotte ruined it before it got good, but I'm sure they'll be more shenanigans ahead for my entertainment hehe >:)

Shipper WitcHazard: I wonder how many ships there will be?

Anti Shipper WitcHazard: Or sunken ships! Looks like someone's on the rocks already!

Mama WitcHazard: Highschool! Let the drama begin!

Emotional WitcHazard: This is going to be so exciting I can't wait to start highschool!

Lady WitcHazard: The court of WitcHazards would like to occasionally comment from time to time on this thread. We can be a handful and say pretty hurtful or vulgar things but we're all friends here so I hope we get along well in the future!
    New characters introduced, loved it! The part with hands was my favourite. It's going to be interesting to watch Graham deal with his inner dilemma - stick with the popular bunch for the prestige or keep looking for the missing piece of himself even among the less popular kids? How exciting!
    heffners_orig.jpg