Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I have...my first legacy, my founder's husband was noncommittal and the next heir inherited that trait. Here is the legacy if you want to take a peek: Xo Legacy

Just keep trying to build their relationship and he will say yes!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I have...my first legacy, my founder's husband was noncommittal and the next heir inherited that trait. Here is the legacy if you want to take a peek: Xo Legacy

I'll definitely take a look at that!
    I'm a little ahead of my posts in game, and marriage might no but it for them. I really try not to go against sims characteristics and knew that of he proposed there would be no problem, but he is non committal so I didn't. I'm however not giving up on him yet!
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I hope they work it out! After all, you necessarily have to be married to raise a child. In my legacy, my founders aren't married yet, and they have children.

I'm a little ahead of my posts in game, and marriage might no but it for them. I really try not to go against sims characteristics and knew that of he proposed there would be no problem, but he is non committal so I didn't. I'm however not giving up on him yet!

Oh no...if he proposed, she would sense his noncommittal trait and say no. That's what happened to my poor second gen guy in my legacy. It kind of made me crazy! But eventually, he kept trying. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I hope they work it out! After all, you necessarily have to be married to raise a child. In my legacy, my founders aren't married yet, and they have children.

Well, thanks to the rules. Avery doesn't have to be married :)
    I just hope that might it come to that, the single-mom life isn't to much!

Oh no...if he proposed, she would sense his noncommittal trait and say no. That's what happened to my poor second gen guy in my legacy. It kind of made me crazy! But eventually, he kept trying. Ha!

Poor guy! Finally building up the courage to propose and then being rejected! Thank god it worked out for him!
    edited January 2016
    1.7 When it's raining, it's pouring

24c9ira.jpg

Avery burst into a heartbreaking sobbing. "Get up, Avery get up!" J said watching his crying girlfriend like thing. "Get up, before people start watching." Avery did not recognize the man in front of her. "This is a real low blow, Avery. You know marriage frightens me more than anything." Avery tried to contain herself. "But this nooboo, Jameson. It needs a father and a loving family. No confusion!"

e7iagl.jpg

"You think I can't be a good father without marring you?" J said angrily. "For plums sake, Avery. I really can't believe you." Once again Avery broke out in crying. "I just thought." She started to hiccup. "That maybe." Jameson had none of it. "Please don't tell me you got yourself knocked up on purpose." Along with Avery's grief grew her anger.

wconle.jpg

"Of course not!" Avery yelled. "I can't believe you'd think I'd make such a big decision without you!" She took a big breath. "All I wanted was a normal environment for this nooboo, but you can't give me that. Just like you can't call me your girlfriend, or even say you're in a relationship. You won't do anything for me! Do you even plan on staying with me? Or are you switching me for something more interesting sooner or later, like you do with your job!" Avery was enraged, the honeymoon phase of their relationship abrupt came to an end and all hidden irritation came out.

24q3gvt.jpg

As Jameson started to speak, Avery gave him a death glare. "Avery, I never knew you felt this way." Everything was messed up and they both knew it. "I can't say the thought of marrying you never crossed my mind. Although I'm not a big fan of committing, I always saw you when I thought of my future." Avery felt a but coming, and she was right. "Because you always respected my decisions of not wanting to be tied down, but now you destroyed that." Immediately Jameson regretted his poor choice of words. As Avery was still glaring her mouth slowly opened. "We'll talk about this later."

wufasp.jpg

Avery then turned on her heels and left. J was still standing close to the lake. Watching Avery leave, a part of him wanted to follow her but he knew it wouldn't be appreciated. He knew something like this were to happen sooner or later, but how much he had hoped it would be later. They both had a lot to think about.

23sayki.jpg

Angry and embarrassed Avery arrived at the camping site, just a quick trip to the bathroom and she'd crawl into her tent with Nova. Jameson could have the little one, she needed some distance from him right now. Hopefully Nova would give her some well needed advice.

noezpj.jpg

After wishing her parents a good night rest, Avery crawled out of their tent to go to her own. A wave of nausea caught up with Avery. She didn't really look forward to a heavy pregnancy and soothed herself with the thought that it was probably caused by her disappointment. She walked over to the other tent and crawled in, greeting her big sister. "Nova, I'm so confused." Avery said as she zipped the tent shut, spotting J entering the camping site.

2lwqc01.jpg

It was early in the morning when Avery left, their stay was supposed to last at least another day. After a long night talk with her sister Avery decided that she needed some alone time. Nova would tell their parents that they should shorten their stay, they would leave after packing their stuff. Hopefully J would get the hint and camp at the site until the originally intended end of their stay. That should give Avery some time to think things through.

143g8hv.jpg

As Avery arrived home the first thing she did was tend her garden, she was afraid that she would neglect her plants if she left for the vacation. But they were fine and only improved as Avery touched them. Pulling out some weeds Avery tried to clear her mind of the things that she wanted to push away. But Avery time she closed her eyes J would appear, along with the hurtful things he said. Had she really crossed a line? And was that an actual excuse for him to talk to her like that? She shook her head, let's take a shower. She might even make it to work today.

10qxx5i.jpg

The lukewarm water streamed down Avery's shoulders, as she washed her hair she compared J's good and bad sides. They had been best friends for such a long time and when she realized how much he actually meant to her she had been so insecure, but then he admitted the he could return her feelings if only she could live with him being non-committal. And on that moment she really had thought she could. At first their relationship had been happy and flirty. So much happened and they felt so lucky having each other. But after some weeks, maybe months even, Avery felt that their relationship had been meaningless. It wasn't going anywhere and she had felt undervalued. But she constantly pushed that feeling away, trying to be happy with what they had.
    A horn pierced her ears, her carpool had arrived. Quickly she slipped into her clothes and ran outside.

2ly1qc5.jpg

That night Avery saw Jameson jogging to the front door. She was already in her pyjamas and felt destroyed from work. She couldn't handle a discussing right now so she switched of the lights and slid into bed. As she pulled up the sheets to her chin she heard the door open. Listening closely to his footsteps and the other sounds made, Avery could hear him make food and eating, he then entered the bedroom. Avery hold her breath as Jameson shuffled around the bed.

24l3o2d.jpg

After dropping his clothes to the floor and putting on some sweats Jameson lifted the sheets and laid next to Avery. He studied her face "I know you're awake." He whispered, without getting any response. "I saw you through the window, putting the lights out." Avery still didn't say a word, but she did open her eyes. He looked mad. "I find it childish you left me like that." Avery nodded. "I don't really care right now." She responded as she turned to her other side.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh, poor poor Avery. I'm heartbroken for her. J looked like a decent guy and now this.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Oh, poor poor Avery. I'm heartbroken for her. J looked like a decent guy and now this.

I think he's hurt, they both are. Right now they just aren't okay for each other . Thanks for reading :blush:
  • Jasmine0911Jasmine0911 Posts: 2 New Member
    Very well written Legacy :) Really interesting. One on my Sims had luck with J but he constantly got the moodlet where he felt trapped due to the Uncommitted trait.

Can't wait to read more. :)
    Very well written Legacy :) Really interesting. One on my Sims had luck with J but he constantly got the moodlet where he felt trapped due to the Uncommitted trait.

Can't wait to read more. :)

Thank you so much! I'm actually pretty insecure about my writing, since English isn't my native language. So this means a lot to me!

J was actually fine with being with Avery, in game they were boyfriend/girlfriend. But after the proposal he got the same mood let. And I don't like any negative mood lets on my sims :wink:
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Oh, Avery, she should think about the nooboo and how it affect him or her growing up in an environment where the parents could potentially be unhappy with each other. I hope she can make a decision that will leave everyone happy.
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Oh, Avery, she should think about the nooboo and how it affect him or her growing up in an environment where the parents could potentially be unhappy with each other. I hope she can make a decision that will leave everyone happy.

The near future will tell, I'm sure it'll work out fine in the end. ;)
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I just read through your legacy and it is awesome <3 I love your founder and that she has a family not like the most. I had once a sim with the non commited traid as a boyfriend in my family. He married my sim wife without thinking twice about it. He even never got a negative moodlet but this was maybe because as soon as he moved in he became an elder and with short life span he died quite soon :D
    Marialein wrote: »
    I just read through your legacy and it is awesome <3 I love your founder and that she has a family not like the most. I had once a sim with the non commited traid as a boyfriend in my family. He married my sim wife without thinking twice about it. He even never got a negative moodlet but this was maybe because as soon as he moved in he became an elder and with short life span he died quite soon :D

Thank you so much! The reason behind the nontraditional family, is probably my own family! It really inspires me to write about different home situations and Avery's is certainly not the last. I'm however not saying that I wont have a traditional family in this legacy! :blush:

The poor guy probably wanted to make the most of the life he had left! J never had a negative mood let before, it first appeared when they started fighting. Maybe their relationship was to happy for that mood let to appear :smiley:
    Okay, just noticed one of my picture in the last chapter has been changed into a picture with... food? Let's fix that :neutral:
    Awesome but sad chapter. Will they ever work it out?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
    I just started a build newcrest legacy too and my sim fell for Don Lothario, a noncommittal sim. Those noncommittal sims really do put a damper in the legacy making process. But Avery will pull herself up after the rejection, I know she will :)
    Awesome but sad chapter. Will they ever work it out?

Maybe not in the near future, but never say never ;)
    dtl316 wrote: »
    I just started a build newcrest legacy too and my sim fell for Don Lothario, a noncommittal sim. Those noncommittal sims really do put a damper in the legacy making process. But Avery will pull herself up after the rejection, I know she will :)

I think these kind of traits are what makes a interesting story :blush:
    Don Lothario! Not only a ladies man, but one with quite some history! I hope they'll work it out. Good luck with your legacy :wink:
    1.8 Sweet goodbyes

23shcnr.jpg

Angry and sad Avery threw herself in painting. The last few weeks had been nothing but either ignoring each other or fighting. As a good person she hated fighting and it really took a toll on her. The few times Avery didn't hold grudges was when she had to go to the hospital to get an ultrasound. But J either declined or didn't react at all. So eventually she stopped with that as well. Her belly kept growing and Avery was worried what kind of environment her child would grow up in. The whole fight started to avoid that issue after all. And that didn't work out.

dy6utv.jpg

J on the other hand was constantly tense from being in a bad relationship. His non-committal personality had let him live his life with Avery without ever turning up before until now. It hadn't bother him when she asked him to move in, or in all those weeks they had been completely tied to each other. But now things weren't as casual and easy anymore J was seriously tense. His relationship was eating him alive. All the fights and obligations were the reason he didn't want to be in a relationship to begin with.

2cehriv.jpg

A week or so later it all started over again. "I'm so tired of this, Avery!" J shouted after he finished his breakfast that he started at, at the same time as Avery. Avery threw her hands up in despair. Here we go again, it was the same thing over and over again. "What? What is wrong now?" She said. She didn't mean to raise her voice, she hated it, but by now it had become a habit. "Everything Avery! Were not living!" Avery shook her head. "Jameson, I don't understand you. I don't ask much!" Aggressively J stood up, shoving the table. Avery hold her belly in protection. "You asked me the one thing I can't give you!" He said. Tears welled up in the corner of his eyes, but Avery knew they would never fall.

mc56qf.jpg

Jameson walked to the sink to throw in his plate. "And whose fault is that exactly?" Avery said, glaring. Jameson suddenly looked at her, sadness written all over his face. This was a new turn of events. "I hate this live, Avery." He said. "I cannot live like this." Now Avery stood up as well. "And you think I can?" She asked. "You're so ignorant. Everything is always about how you feel. I don't think you even care about me!"

2qlhkrc.jpg

"You're always accusing me of things. Did you ever notice?" Jameson said. He was surprisingly calm. Avery raised her hand to her chest. "Don't talk to me like that." She avoided his question. J stroked his hair in frustration. "Are you happy?" After a silence Avery shook her head. "No, not at all. I'm afraid." "Then why are we doing this?" J said. "Why are we putting ourselves through this over and over again? It's so unnecessary! It's so stupid!" Avery didn't like where this conversation was going. "Why don't we build an extra room? I'll move in there, it doesn't have to be big. And we'll just live with each other!"

29lguar.jpg

"Jameson, I know you can live like that. But I can't." Avery said, shivers running down her spine at the idea of living together like that. "But I do think you have a point. All this fighting, it has to stop." J looked at her full with anticipation. "This relationship is toxic and it should stop, Jameson." Avery took a deep breath. "I think we should part our ways, you should search internet for another house and move out." J's face turned emotionless.

15fhoid.jpg

He felt relieved that this relationship was over and he didn't have to feel tense anymore. But he lost so much. "We can discuss money and stuff over time." But Avery started and she just wouldn't stop. "An arrangement for our child will have to be made, but we have plenty of time before it's born to do so." He wouldn't see his child every day, or kiss Avery good morning and good night. "But I don't think we should stall too long." But he was free at last, that's what he had wanted. Right?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh no, this is so sad. I hope Avery finds someone more comitted to her.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    I guess it us better for both even though it is sad that they can't find a way to be together. Hopefully there will be a goid way for their child.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Oh no, this is so sad. I hope Avery finds someone more committed to her.

It would be nice if she finds someone :blush:
    I guess it us better for both even though it is sad that they can't find a way to be together. Hopefully there will be a good way for their child.

That would be nice! I was really fond of J actually :D
    1.9 Nooboo proof

2ebwgwj.jpg

108i8n8.jpg

Since a nooboo was on its way, Avery decided that her home could use a little renovation. The only room unfinished was the nursery, because Avery didn't know it's gender yet. Although a lot changed, Avery's favourite change was to her garden. It was big and organized and she was so proud of how far she had already come.

9ll54l.jpg

Avery decided that research was much needed, she was about to be a single mom and it scared her to plum. She wouldn't admit that to anyone though. She read on internet about parenting and nursing. Her mother's number was on speed dial, might she go in labour at a impossible time. They had been talking a lot lately, about how Tanya experienced the births of Nova and Grace. Her pregnancies before that, and taking care of the little nooboo's after.

2rniw5x.jpg

Besides preparing her life as mother, Avery also was working hard to meet the agreements she made to build. She had already grown some plants of perfect quality and that encouraged her. She did however notice that her pregnant body wasn't capable of working as much in the garden as she liked. Often she had to go inside to pee, thank god she wasn't nauseous! She was tired all the time and didn't get a good night rest as the nooboo kept her awake. She also caught one nasty flu after the other.

191ter.jpg259xqhh.jpg

"What happened?" Avery found herself on the ground. Her arms were full of red stripes and giggles escaped her throat with her consent. She remember leaving the garden because she had to pee really bad. Since her bladder wasn't full anymore she assumed she peed. Maybe she should leave the garden for what it is right now, she could always continue tomorrow.

20j2wza.jpg

That night was full of weird dreams about kisses that had been and never would again, promises that weren't made and kids without fathers. Thank the maker at least the nooboo kept still. The night was already unpleasant on its own.

4l0brs.jpg

The next morning Avery took a shower, hoping she would feel better afterwards. It was still way to early and the dreams had kept her awake, but her garden needed tending. She looked down at her huge belly, carefully she stroke her hand over it. "Hello there, little one." She giggled. A tiny foot, or maybe arm, forcefully pushed against her hand. "You're about to be born anytime from now." No response this time. Once again she stroke her stomach. "You're not named yet, I'd really like Clementine for a girl, though. But I'm not sure what to name you if you're a boy." She smiled. "I read something about music for a nooboo, shall I sing for you?"

And Avery did.
    "Little Boy Blue
    Come blow your horn
    The sheep's in the meadow
    The cow's in the corn
    But where is the boy who looks after the sheep?
    He's under the haystack fast asleep
    Dare you waken him?
    No, not I, for if I do he's sure to cry."

20thvmc.jpg

When Avery was done showering, it was already noon. She had really taken her time and the water streaming down her shoulders had just felt so good. As she walked towards her garden she smiled at her belly. The main reason she stayed in the shower so long was that she felt like she and the nooboo bonded that way.
    Avery stood on her toes to pluck an apple, but as she did she started to feel dizzy. Then everything went black.
    Once again Avery opened her eye, laying on the grass this time she realized she fainted from exhaustion. This had to stop, dusting of her dress Avery stood up. She looked at her garden, all the plants had water and she didn't see any bugs yet. She would weed them when she felt better. Looking at the striped on her arm Avery decided that health came first. Especially while carrying something so vulnerable and precious. As she walked inside she dropped her clothes on the floor in the hallway and put on a warm and cozy pajama.

nce7gl.jpg

She let out a big yawn. "I'm going to sleep, and I'm going to get better and then I'm going to deliver that nooboo!"

2dcddhg.jpg

The last step, however, became the first. Avery grabbed her belly and let out a growl of pain. "Plummit!" She reached for her phone. "Mom? I'm in labour." Her mother gave her some instructions on what to do and asked if Avery felt like driving. Avery nodded, but then realized her mother could not see her. "Yes." She said. "Then go deliver your baby." Avery put her phone in the pocket of her pyjama bottoms, her water had just broke and they were soaking wet. On top of that she really had to use the bathroom. Maybe a trip to the bathroom and some change of pants wouldn't be so bad.

f0x1fd.jpg

Avery was scared, and she smelled bad. But at least her bladder wasn't full anymore and the red tiger stripes had faded. Her pants laid on the ground. She probably wouldn't need those in the hospital anyway. As she finished she took her phone out the pants on the floor and entered the hallway, where her closet was. Her mother had told her to take some clean clothes with her. Avery also pulled out another pair of pants and put them on.
    Biting through the pain the entire time, Avery was finally ready. She crawled into her car and drove to a nearby hospital, in a little town right next to Newcrest. She did however feel like she forgot something. Or.. Someone?

Now, was however NOT the time for that.
    Ohh it is baby time :) Can't wait to now if it is a Clementine or what ever the name for a boy will be ;)
    Ohh it is baby time :) Can't wait to now if it is a Clementine or what ever the name for a boy will be ;)

You'll know soon enough ;)