Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Face Off Cycle 6 - WINNER ANNOUNCED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
ciwwKB2.png

Hello ladies & gents! Welcome to another fun-filled fabulous cycle of Face Off!

Your favorite headshot competition is back and ready for some intense high fashion action!!

This competition is pretty simple to understand and yet it will require creativity on your part to come up with stellar entries of only head shots each round! Headshots range from hips up to very, very close shots - so there is room for wiggling here! This cycle will bring back a bunch of old favorites and have examples from past competitors to show you just how truly awesome you can be if you put your mind to it!

Male and Female Sims Allowed!

hX7RuXc.png
No negativity, this includes belittling yourself
No copying
No Fighting
Please, no complaining. If you have a question or concern regarding your scores, ask respectfully or take it to PM :)
Editing is recommended, but not required
No face-plastering or photo skinning
You may draw your own clothing, hair and objects
Extensions granted to the person asking if asked 24 hours before deadline
Assignments last 7-10 days depending on my schedule
2 Day extensions MAX
Have fun!!

QUcdUhk.png
RQwyWGO.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
Heather & Nicola Hudson
Erin & Claudia Tiatami

EXTENSION GRANTED
Erin
Heather

=================================

MSVkrqa.png

swJBDjR.pngzWjJ62G.png

6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited June 2016
    TR8HYxI.png

ASSIGNMENT 10: PIRATE

Sorry for the delay! It's been so beautiful here that we couldn't pass up the days outside!!

Anyway, while we wait for scores from A9, I am giving you the FINALE!! Create a headshot of your model as a PIRATE!!

Requirements:
    ONE photo
    High Fashion
    Waist Up Shot
    Pirate

EXAMPLE:
    Photo by Beech
    TnzR91Y.png
    DEADLINE: JUNE 13TH

CuJfkn0.png
    This competition runs with NO scoring rubric. It goes based off of a mathematical ranking system between the judges. So you will not see a scoring rubric, but rather comments from the judges and your final rank will be listed in a secret surprise slideshow!

How Do Eliminations Work?
    Good question! There is a bottom 3 every round (beginning with round 2) and ANY of the three contestants can be eliminated. They are listed in no particular order and the eliminated model is announced at the end of the slideshow - so watch till the end!

Judges Will Talk to Your Models, NOT YOU!
    Yep, when we give comments, we give them as if your model were a living person standing right in front of us! All comments made will be directed at your model. You, as his/her creator, will be considered your model's "team". So if we discuss lighting or makeup, you will see things like "set designer" and "makeup artist"!

W26Luhy.png
    JUDGES, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FULL SIZED IMAGE FOR JUDGING.

Nicola Hudson
    by Heather
    27680926746_5f6c75666f_b.jpg

Claudia Tiatami
    by Erin
    r4HgYzn.jpg
    Post edited by BeechNutBaby on
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited June 2016
    Q4QRu8m.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

Awesome job on the finale and throughout the competition ladies. You are both seriously talented and so unique in your styles. It made judging difficult, but fun!!

I appreciate my judge - Taylor - for being so amazing with her scores and on top of things! I know I was MIA a lot this cycle, and I apologize to everyone for that!

Thank you all for such a fabulous cycle of Face Off!

bX7I7wt.png
    Click Here if the image above does not work.

Your siggies (put in link format so that you don't automatically see who won until after viewing the slideshow):
    http://i.imgur.com/xUTDxM5.png
    http://i.imgur.com/QaKTath.png
    Post edited by BeechNutBaby on
    6rj4Q13.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    Definitely will be lurking this one. :) not sure if i will enter.
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I might enter this, I've been lurking around waiting for a new comp that fit me and this certainly fits.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi does anyone remember me? I might join this and get back into the swing of things but it's unlikely.
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hiya dats! beech I so want to do this but I know I'd probably have to drop so not worth signing up! I loveeee face off though.
    Post edited by JoeJoe11 on
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Thanks everyone. This isn't looking good though. no takers = no competition sadly :(
    6rj4Q13.png
  • NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    If i was more talented i would have definitely joined
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    DAAAAATS! <3

I've been just lurking round the forums, if I wasn't on a lil break I'd have joined, I've never competed in face off before D:
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    I'd like to join but (sorry for the stupid question) would sims 4 be okay to compete with as I no longer have sims 3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Oh, I came here to see if sign-ups were still open and if I could join, but it seems like no one is biting. D:

The forums are very quiet since people are on break from modeling, worried about doing comps and juggling next semester of school (like me xD), and this is also holiday time. I say give it until after the holidays Beech. I'm definitely interested in signing up though! No specific theme for this cycle though? (Kinda wanted another dark theme xD)
    Sims 4 people might be interested since they've never done a headshot comp before, so some might find it easier. Should try tagging them later.

@Nataria You can't improve if you don't challenge yourself (or practice in general). :3 I and many others are only at the levels we are at because we join comps regardless of our level and experience. I joined Mythos , which is a heavy editing comp, against a group of experienced and advanced editors and wound up winning the competition. Not only was that unexpected, but I improved tremendously from when I first started, all because I challenged myself to be better. The same thing happened to @LeslieM25. She had no experience in editing but won Candy Queen because she challenged herself and wanted to learn.

Trust me, the only way you will get better is by challenging yourself with comps (or by editing a lot during your free time). :mrgreen: The judges give feedback that is really helpful and you learn new tricks and think of new ideas while doing all of that editing. You would not believe how much knowledge you can gain from messing with your edit, trying to get it just right. :lol:

If you need editing help (or in general need modeling information), please refer to my signature links. I have editing guides up for beginners and a modeling guide that explains the basics. Everything needs to be updated though. xD Should be getting to that soon.

(Here's the links just in case:
    Modeling Guide
    Beginner's Editing)

@datscoolest Welcome back! Hope to see you modeling again. :mrgreen:
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I would love to join this! It sounds like so much fun! I don't know how I didn't see it. Thanks for tagging me @MizoreYukii
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
    I am keeping sign ups open, don't worry :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I think I wanna join. This may be the one I go out on. But I think Aceydoodle needs to come back cause I love his face xD
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    edited December 2015
    Uuuuuuggggghhhhh I promised I wouldn't enter a new competition but this looks too good to resist...............reserve me and i'll see if I can fit it in.
    Post edited by LilacErin on
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • _aa13ls10__aa13ls10_ Posts: 466 Member
    I would love to enter this but I have mocks soon so I won't have time. I'll defiantly lurk though. Your competitions are always so good Beech.
    I sooooooooooooooo want to do this. Especially with so many people departing, feels like it could be one of your last competitions for a while beech.

le cri
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Thanks for the interest. I'll keep sign ups open as long as I can :)

Thanks Joe, I know it's saddening!
    6rj4Q13.png
    Username: Erin
    Model Name: Claudia Tiatami
    Headshot:
    p1tDw3z.jpg
    <3
    @lilacerin She's so gorgeous! I so hope this goes ahead
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Thanks Joe :)
    She's based off a character in Terry Pratchets Hogfather.

<3
  • KPGeigerKPGeiger Posts: 239 Member
    Hey everyone! I think this may be the competition I return with :)
    Runner-up-siggy_zpsflbvlkdj.png
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    *puts Kyle back in the box*

>.>

LOL kidding. Nice to see you back! Hope all's going well!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • KPGeigerKPGeiger Posts: 239 Member
    @Vanadis We shall see if my computer allows me :# I'm doing much better, thanks!
    Runner-up-siggy_zpsflbvlkdj.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top