Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

it takes forever in Windenburg for kids to get to school

it takes my little ones hours to reach school. they run and run along winding roads until they get to the gate on the edge of town.
the school day is half over by the time their in school, and coming home isn't any faster. Oh where are the school busses?

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I've noticed that in playthroughs that they will walk really far until they disappear. I've also noticed when you start a gathering, the members don't show up right away but now I'm thinking it's because they are getting spawned from far away.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    lisken0221 wrote: »
    it takes my little ones hours to reach school. they run and run along winding roads until they get to the gate on the edge of town.
    the school day is half over by the time their in school, and coming home isn't any faster. Oh where are the school busses?

This happens in all worlds if you rotate to a household with members not all on one lot. If you get them on one lot, rotate away for a minute to another household and then come back to the affected household it'll be fixed if they're now all on the home lot.

OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    My sim lives on the island, I also realise that when I invite ppl over they take a while to turn up. At the end of my wedding party I followed my sim's little sister and she walked all the way to the jetty before disappearing back to the main land. I also notice that on the mainland my sim walks all the way back to some kind of bridge or something before heading home. I guess it's sorta realistic. I'll wait until I have kids to send to school to see how bothersome it may become. I don't recall her taking a while to get to school when she was a child though....she didn't go too often as a teen since she spent most nights out partying :D
  • CatHat2000CatHat2000 Posts: 8 New Member
    What do we do about this because it is still happening many months later and it is very frustrating. I have tried to do what Starcrunch have said but in my case it didn't work.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    CatHat2000 wrote: »
    What do we do about this because it is still happening many months later and it is very frustrating. I have tried to do what Starcrunch have said but in my case it didn't work.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Running-Down-Street-For-Work-School/m-p/5018779#M18508
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is odd because I hadn't had this problem until now.