Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I said this before that Zayne shouldn't read the 39 Clues book. But there's another reason now his family and his great-great grandad's "aunt" have a very Cahill relationship with FIRE
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm starting to think that the rosebrook learning curve is a thing. So far Zayne is learning something in life. Still got to learn few more things before the gen completes though (*cough* relationships *cough* Then it's the parenthood lessons.
    Ok, Friday Discussion Question.
    How do you think Zayne's friendship with Hope will affect any possible relationship with another girl (e.g Abigail)? Will it be a good thing he has her as a friend or not?
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    If the girl he is dating is confident in herself and the relationship, things will be okay. The smallest show of jealousy or mistrust could lead to disaster.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think it takes a very confident woman to be okay with your boyfriend being friends with an ex. Especially at the level of friendship Hope and Zayne currently have and with the history that they have. It is not like Hope and Zayne dated for three months. They dated for years. I do not think Abi is going to be okay with it once she sees their friendship in person, but I think initially she will say it is fine.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    I think it takes a very confident woman to be okay with your boyfriend being friends with an ex. Especially at the level of friendship Hope and Zayne currently have and with the history that they have. It is not like Hope and Zayne dated for three months. They dated for years. I do not think Abi is going to be okay with it once she sees their friendship in person, but I think initially she will say it is fine.

It is possible though. I am still good friends with one of my exes. Friends with his wife now also.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Arrowleaf wrote: »

It is possible though. I am still good friends with one of my exes. Friends with his wife now also.

Oh I agree! I just think it takes a very confident woman, especially when your relationship is just starting to blossom. I really do hope Abi is fine with it but I do not think she will be.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Ok it's been long enough.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Ok, Friday Discussion Question.
    How do you think Zayne's friendship with Hope will affect any possible relationship with another girl (e.g Abigail)? Will it be a good thing he has her as a friend or not?
    I think that it would depend on the girl. If she was strong, confident in their relationship and trusting of Zayne then she could probably live with Zayne being friends with Hope. They might even become friends if she isn't annoying or controlling over Zayne.

If she was self-conscious, jealous and didn't trust Zayne then it wouldn't work out. She could mke him choose between her or Hope. In the end I don't know which Zayne will choose but possibly Hope because they are friends and he shouldn't be made to feel like that.

If we factor in the possibility he still has feelings for Hope, which is possible although not confirmed, then it would make the situation more complex. She might get jealous of how much he is still in love with hope and get possessive. He also might not really build a good, strong relationship because he knows his heart belongs to someone else. He might not have feelings though, we don't know yet.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I enjoyed reading this discussion and the answers! Thanks, guys! :blush: It's definitely a good question, and one that we might even see answered soon ;) Stay tuned!
    snvAF3B.png
    I wonder what the answer will be. :o
    (Maybe I should add discussion question suggestor to my wordpress profile. Joking. Although, now I think about it.....that could work well with the rest of it. Maybe not...let's wait until i've suggested a few more.)

Also, currently stuck deciding if I should wait and read Sunday's chapter on Tuesday or just wait an extra day for Wednesday's chapter. Any suggestions?
    Haha @Bugsie2016 do whatever feels best :) The chapters will always be there whenever you can get to them.
    snvAF3B.png
    Hi guys :) Today is a day all of us (including Zayne!) have been waiting for for a long time (because with Greg, it didn't really count! :tongue:)

Interlude: Grand Opening
    w6BXzRd.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Jealousy doesn't look good on Hope at all. :|

In fact, I think it makes her look ugly. :/
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    So much to like in this chapter!
    First things first...his SHOES! High five, Zayne! You're looking like the professional proprietor!

2. LOVE the restaurant! Is it on the gallery?

3. Adored the interplay with Abilgail and Zayne. Gave me butterflies.

4. Laughed at Hope's jealous face!

I can't board a sinking ship but All Hail Ship Zail! May you have your NSFW moments before Hope guts you....
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I love this chapter, very proud of Zayne and the way he's turned his life around. Hope on the other hand ... Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone.
    Haha the tables are definitely starting to turn @rednenemon ! (Also, I love that your comment could be read both literally and metaphorically. :smiley:)

@pammiechick I'm glad you enjoyed!
    1. I was 100% thinking of you when I set Zayne's shoes :joy: I was chatting with orangeplumbob and Trip when I set his outfit and I was like "Pammie will approve of these shoes" hahaha

2. It is! I did NOT make it (I have zero building skills haha) but I did a long session of lot-shopping to find it. I don't remember the name of the creator off the top of my head, but it's called "Windenburg Restaurant" :blush:

3. They are super cute together! I loved writing their little conversation :blush:

4. Haha yes, I did too actually! I cracked up at her face in that kissing shot.

As for NSFW Zayne and Abigail... stay tuned ;) *cough*

Thank you @kayt45 ! I felt like a proud mama screenshotting this one haha He's come soooooo far. And as for Hope... well, I guess she would have liked some heads-up that Zayne was seeing someone! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2017
    Love the restaurant and the name.
    Poor Hope, not a nice face to be making. I would say she is not happy about Abigail? I can think of all kinds of reasons he didn't tell Hope about her.
    My mother always knew when I was interested in someone because I mentioned their name a lot could it be that Zayne's is more interested in Hope than Abigail or is he just afraid of rocking the boat?[/spoiler
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Yeah! :p
    His restaurant is up and open! Looking good Zayne!
    Poor Hope! She is NOT happy about Abigail at all! But I can't blame her, Zayne should have told her about the new girl so she had time to prepare herself. Not a good move Zayne. :(
    He must still love Hope deep down and didn't want to hurt her. Or maybe in his subconscious he knows it's not really Abigail he wants. :/
    Can't wait to see what happens next with the two girls!
    Hope and Zayne are just friends. No requirement on talking about the flavor that f the week. Bet Hope hasn't detailed her own woohoo life for him.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    @suzanna13 & @haswh you guys both made similar observations so I'm gonna reply to you together :tongue:
    Hope definitely is not happy, that's for sure! I think Zayne had multiple reasons for not telling her about Abigail... Some of them, I don't even think he realizes himself! I feel like there's a LOT going on in Zayne's subconcious right now...

Thank you both for reading and sharing your thoughts! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Hope and Zayne are just friends. No requirement on talking about the flavor that f the week. Bet Hope hasn't detailed her own woohoo life for him.

This is a great point @Skcaga6 ! I won't spoil too much, but there is actually a line in tomorrow's chapter where Zayne says that Hope "isn't his Mutter" (since, y'know, German :tongue:) and he doesn't think he was obligated to tell her. So he'd definitely agree with you
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

This is a great point @Skcaga6 ! I won't spoil too much, but there is actually a line in tomorrow's chapter where Zayne says that Hope "isn't his Mutter" (since, y'know, German :tongue:) and he doesn't think he was obligated to tell her. So he'd definitely agree with you

Ohhhh.... that IS intersting. Can't wait!
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited June 2017
    @CitizenErased14

I can already sense that's going to end badly.

Like 'shrieking match of the century' bad.
    Post edited by rednenemon on
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    I think you're right, @rednenemon ! But luckily Zayne has the sense not to say that to her face! Haha just in his journal :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Well, no one is his mother. His mother is dead. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top