Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship statuses?

Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The whole autonomous woohoo thing got me thinking about sims relationships. It seems that there a few of us who want a way to control the seemingly random flirting and cheating that happens with rotational play.

I had an idea. It would be very cool if we could set the relationship status in CAS. That way the game will know just how to play our sims when we rotate families. No more random relationships on your happily married sims etc.

I see the options via drop down in cas something like this:

On the rocks - This relationship has been neglected. Though they care for each other, this couple fights, bickers and may get a wandering eye. (Not to be mistaken with a low romance bar. This status is steady like an old stale marriage.)
Open - Sims will date other sims, flirt and woohoo without jealousy.
Casual - Sims will flirt and gain crushes on other sims who show interest. (kinda like it is now)
Exclusive - Sims will not flirt with anyone outside their relationship and will not cheat unless they are excessively pursued.
Faithful - Sims will never flirt or cheat on their S.O. They will never accept any invitation to cheat.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    This is such a good idea!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yup, I love that.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I love these ideas. The relationships really need to be more dynamic.

The way jealousy works makes it impossible for any sim to date casually without making their romantic interests upset. Unless they complete the serial romantic aspiration, but I don't want all of my casually dating sims to be serial romantics. Sometimes they're focused on their career or are just too young and don't want a heavy committed relationship. So sims with a low to mid-level romance bar shouldn't be so heavy on the jealousy.

I would also love some kind of faithful toggle, too. I hate that if they're both flirty and you choose the right interactions, you can eventually woo pretty much any sim into cheating on their partner, even if they're in a perfectly happy 100/100 relationship already.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love this idea it would solve many problems. I do the serial romantic aspirations simply so I wont have jealousy for the sims I care about.. I'd be using "open relationships" often. Some of them sound great for people that love that drama too...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    themantheman Posts: 28 Member
    I like this a lot, romance and relationships in The Sims 4 can be expanded a lot more.
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    That would be great I have some sims that I want very faithful then others are just woohoo on legs.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I agree I think this is a wonderful idea. Id love to see things be different for relationships in the sims 4.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Yes! I switch households sometimes and I notice that whenever my Sim invites her sisters husband over, my Sims husband gets the jealousy moodlet and couldn't figure out why. Turns out my Sim had cheated with her sisters husband! Had to go into the relationship Panel and saw the little romance bar and couldn't believe it. Is there a way to get rid of the romance bar?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Yes! I switch households sometimes and I notice that whenever my Sim invites her sisters husband over, my Sims husband gets the jealousy moodlet and couldn't figure out why. Turns out my Sim had cheated with her sisters husband! Had to go into the relationship Panel and saw the little romance bar and couldn't believe it. Is there a way to get rid of the romance bar?

There are two different mods with different ways to do that. UI Cheats Extensions does, I believe, let you drag the bar down. MC Command Centre lets you forget all or an aspect of the relationship.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mystic-myrtle234Mystic-myrtle234 Posts: 10 New Member
    My sim cheated on her husband with her bestfriend... It annoyed me because i had only switched households for a small while :z
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited December 2015
    Great idea. Sims romance relationships really needs a over haul. Add in a new turn off or turn on system too, something better than was in The Sims 1, 2 & 3. I really hate that happily married sim couples flirt behind my back while I am playing another household too. Romance in The Sims 4 seems way to easy compared to the rest of The Sims 1, 2 & 3 games in the series. Also add to the CAS list gender preference male, female or both.
  • Options
    chingyu1023chingyu1023 Posts: 82 Member
    This is great! I'm annoyed by my gay sim automatically gain a female lovebirds and a gay couple cheated with women when I'm not controlling the household.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    sullivanbsullivanb Posts: 2 New Member
    Great idea.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is great! I'm annoyed by my gay sim automatically gain a female lovebirds and a gay couple cheated with women when I'm not controlling the household.
    "Funny" how it never turns straight Sims gay. Apparently, turning gay Sims straight is their idea of "weirder stories".

This really is a black mark on EA's record on LGBT interests.

It does turn straight Sims gay when I first got the game it turned Watson gay. I was upset about that because I intended he marry Mary.ETA: Just recently my own Sim who I wasn't controlling and I played as positively straight walked over and started flirting and hit it off with a straight Sim male who is married and with a kid. Now, tell me it doesn't.

Flirting doesn't just change gender preference (autonomously) but turns them into dogs. Anybody, anywhere.

ETA: Since this is an old thread an PonderSims hasn't been here in a few years, I will just add the 'ask if single' question turns some of them into liars. lol One day it works and a Sim will tell my other Sim they are seeing someone, (won't accept a flirt etc.) the next time and me knowing they are involved another Sim I know for sure is not single will say they are...see dogs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I am scared now to play any other household like ever reading this stuff. I didn't realize Sims could cheat without the correct prompts. My two fellas are married and the only time I ever had a problem with the romance bar thing was because one decided it was a good idea to run outside and try out his newly discovered "enchanting" charisma trait. He gave the guy a small pink romance bar as a result, but to me that doesn't exactly mean cheating per say. It just means that was a stupid thing in the system hah. My boys haven't woohooed or kissed on anyone other than each other. I did have the gardener of all people flirt with one of them who got seriously upset and embarrassed about it and his modlet thing said he didn't appreciate what he was asked. His husband overheard and even though his other half wasn't comfortable or reacting positively towards the question, he still got seriously angry about it all (I cheated and went to a previous save I"m not having unfair conflict).

I guess my question in all of this is what is honestly considered cheating? Hugging another Sim? Talking to them?? To me having that romance bar come up would be that but doesn't that take some time and work? Especially when it comes to woohoo?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I am scared now to play any other household like ever reading this stuff. I didn't realize Sims could cheat without the correct prompts. My two fellas are married and the only time I ever had a problem with the romance bar thing was because one decided it was a good idea to run outside and try out his newly discovered "enchanting" charisma trait. He gave the guy a small pink romance bar as a result, but to me that doesn't exactly mean cheating per say. It just means that was a plum thing in the system hah. My boys haven't woohooed or kissed on anyone other than each other. I did have the gardener of all people flirt with one of them who got seriously upset and embarrassed about it and his modlet thing said he didn't appreciate what he was asked. His husband overheard and even though his other half wasn't comfortable or reacting positively towards the question, he still got seriously angry about it all (I cheated and went to a previous save I"m not having unfair conflict).

I guess my question in all of this is what is honestly considered cheating? Hugging another Sim? Talking to them?? To me having that romance bar come up would be that but doesn't that take some time and work? Especially when it comes to woohoo?

It can turn into cheating if they have the 'pink bar' with another Sim no matter the gender etc. Because if you rotate you may see those two out somewhere and they engage in romantic interactions even though one or maybe even both are your own Sims and you just aren't playing them at the moment. If they have a pink bar with another Sim they will start doing romantic interactions when you see them out somewhere. They build this pink bar with another Sim on their own when you aren't playing them. Your Sim and a townie etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    The whole autonomous woohoo thing got me thinking about sims relationships. It seems that there a few of us who want a way to control the seemingly random flirting and cheating that happens with rotational play.

I had an idea. It would be very cool if we could set the relationship status in CAS. That way the game will know just how to play our sims when we rotate families. No more random relationships on your happily married sims etc.

I see the options via drop down in cas something like this:

On the rocks - This relationship has been neglected. Though they care for each other, this couple fights, bickers and may get a wandering eye. (Not to be mistaken with a low romance bar. This status is steady like an old stale marriage.)
    Open - Sims will date other sims, flirt and woohoo without jealousy.
    Casual - Sims will flirt and gain crushes on other sims who show interest. (kinda like it is now)
    Exclusive - Sims will not flirt with anyone outside their relationship and will not cheat unless they are excessively pursued.
    Faithful - Sims will never flirt or cheat on their S.O. They will never accept any invitation to cheat.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

This idea is brilliant!!! It would help alot in the stories I create in my game
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    "Funny" how it never turns straight Sims gay. Apparently, turning gay Sims straight is their idea of "weirder stories".

This really is a black mark on EA's record on LGBT interests.

Lies... My current sims husband has used the enchanted greeting on other male sims... This is NOT the first time that that has happened... Lets try not to make this about unfairness when I'm pretty sure it happens on random (Despite gender). I think their interests are PRO-LGBT especially with the CAS Update we had a while back.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I am scared now to play any other household like ever reading this stuff. I didn't realize Sims could cheat without the correct prompts. My two fellas are married and the only time I ever had a problem with the romance bar thing was because one decided it was a good idea to run outside and try out his newly discovered "enchanting" charisma trait. He gave the guy a small pink romance bar as a result, but to me that doesn't exactly mean cheating per say. It just means that was a plum thing in the system hah. My boys haven't woohooed or kissed on anyone other than each other. I did have the gardener of all people flirt with one of them who got seriously upset and embarrassed about it and his modlet thing said he didn't appreciate what he was asked. His husband overheard and even though his other half wasn't comfortable or reacting positively towards the question, he still got seriously angry about it all (I cheated and went to a previous save I"m not having unfair conflict).

It can turn into cheating if they have the 'pink bar' with another Sim no matter the gender etc. Because if you rotate you may see those two out somewhere and they engage in romantic interactions even though one or maybe even both are your own Sims and you just aren't playing them at the moment. If they have a pink bar with another Sim they will start doing romantic interactions when you see them out somewhere. They build this pink bar with another Sim on their own when you aren't playing them. Your Sim and a townie etc.

Yuck, so it's probably better to leave them under my control? I thought the autonomy or whatever that word is could be shut off when you play other households? Maybe I misunderstood the mechanics of it. I had seemed to have recalled you can control a new home, but shut off others from doing their own thing? To me that's a bit mean to have married characters have the ability to cheat if you don't want that sort of thing going on in your game. I've been cheated for real and know what it's like. I certainly don't want my Sims to deal with that.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I thought the random cheating was fixed some times ago? I also had this problem, my married couple always cheated on each other with randoms, but it didn't happen for quite some time now in my game.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options

Yuck, so it's probably better to leave them under my control? I thought the autonomy or whatever that word is could be shut off when you play other households? Maybe I misunderstood the mechanics of it. I had seemed to have recalled you can control a new home, but shut off others from doing their own thing? To me that's a bit mean to have married characters have the ability to cheat if you don't want that sort of thing going on in your game. I've been cheated for real and know what it's like. I certainly don't want my Sims to deal with that.

No. Setting autonomy off for a singular Sim doesn't even work while they are under your control. These Sims are supposed to be living some sort of time continuance/story progression. That's why the game gives them fake romances outside your control if you aren't playing them. And fake friendships etc. So, if you see your Sim out and the other townie is there they have the fake relationship/romance is still in the 'pink' they will engage in romantic actions right in front of you. Or even if that Sim is still in your control they will get up and try to do romantic interactions with that 'fake townie relationship' if they show up, too.
  • Options
    MissingYourNightmareMissingYourNightmare Posts: 15 New Member
    This is the bestest idea!!
  • Options

No. Setting autonomy off for a singular Sim doesn't even work while they are under your control. These Sims are supposed to be living some sort of time continuance/story progression. That's why the game gives them fake romances outside your control if you aren't playing them. And fake friendships etc. So, if you see your Sim out and the other townie is there they have the fake relationship/romance is still in the 'pink' they will engage in romantic actions right in front of you. Or even if that Sim is still in your control they will get up and try to do romantic interactions with that 'fake townie relationship' if they show up, too.

What do you mean by Fake romances and friendships? Does this mean then that they'll honestly cheat if you're not controlling them or is that what you mean by fake where they'd do those things, but it doesn't affect them once you have them in your control?
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2017

What do you mean by Fake romances and friendships? Does this mean then that they'll honestly cheat if you're not controlling them or is that what you mean by fake where they'd do those things, but it doesn't affect them once you have them in your control?

Fake means the romances and friendships are created at random. There is no interaction actually happening. They are just randomly added to the relationship panel for the sake of making it seem like something's happening when it's not.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5