Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC GONE AFTER UPDATE! HELP!

Comments

• Options
    simmer1923824simmer1923824 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    > >
    > > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > > thankyou. xx
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @simmer1923824
    > > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.
    >
    > I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello. I am sorry :( If the files are not in the mods folder, you won’t be able to use them. Try searching using the search bar on your computer using the name of one of the missing files, and see if you may be able to locate them that way

thankyou, i appreciate the help, but that hasn't worked. x
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > > thankyou. xx
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @simmer1923824
    > > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.
    >
    > I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello. I am sorry :( If the files are not in the mods folder, you won’t be able to use them. Try searching using the search bar on your computer using the name of one of the missing files, and see if you may be able to locate them that way

thankyou, i appreciate the help, but that hasn't worked. x

I am sorry :( You will need to redownload the mods/cc
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > > > thankyou. xx
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @simmer1923824
    > > > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > > > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.
    > >
    > > I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello. I am sorry :( If the files are not in the mods folder, you won’t be able to use them. Try searching using the search bar on your computer using the name of one of the missing files, and see if you may be able to locate them that way
    >
    > thankyou, i appreciate the help, but that hasn't worked. x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( You will need to redownload the mods/cc

how can i make sure it doesn't happen again? x
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > > > thankyou. xx
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @simmer1923824
    > > > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > > > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.
    > >
    > > I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello. I am sorry :( If the files are not in the mods folder, you won’t be able to use them. Try searching using the search bar on your computer using the name of one of the missing files, and see if you may be able to locate them that way
    >
    > thankyou, i appreciate the help, but that hasn't worked. x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( You will need to redownload the mods/cc

how can i make sure it doesn't happen again? x

Hello
    As you are unsure why it occurred to start off with, it is a little hard to know how to prevent it ocurring again. When downloading cc, don’t download it directly into your mods folder. Download it into a separate folder first,
  • Options
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > As you are unsure why it occurred to start off with, it is a little hard to know how to prevent it ocurring again. When downloading cc, don’t download it directly into your mods folder. Download it into a separate folder first,

okay, thankyou for the help. x
  • Options
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > As you are unsure why it occurred to start off with, it is a little hard to know how to prevent it ocurring again. When downloading cc, don’t download it directly into your mods folder. Download it into a separate folder first,

okay, thankyou for the help. x

You’re welcome :) I am sorry that you have had these issues :(
  • Options
    samanthak632samanthak632 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi... I repaired my game because it wouldn't start, and none of my custom content is showing in-game, but it's still in the mods folder... I've un-checked and re-checked enable cc and mods, deleted the sims 4 and mods folders and reinstalled, and I'm not sure what to do. Help please!
  • Options
    @rosemow ^^
  • Options
    Hi... I repaired my game because it wouldn't start, and none of my custom content is showing in-game, but it's still in the mods folder... I've un-checked and re-checked enable cc and mods, deleted the sims 4 and mods folders and reinstalled, and I'm not sure what to do. Help please!

Hello @samanthak632
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the correct one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder. One Drive can cause issues, It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    Some simmers have found that a mods folder had been incorrectly generated in their custom music folder. Check all the folders there as well.
  • Options
    @rosemow that makes sense- i’ll try it and let you know! thanks :)
  • Options
    ImyagineImyagine Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok so, I need help. I have two computers that i play the sims on, an older one which can only run the base game, and a new one that is able to run the game and tons of custom content with it. Just yesterday i started to transfer cc via usb to the newer computer. Earlier i was sorting through it and organizing it into files but i never finished so i was transferring those folders first and planned to move the rest of what was still in the mods folder after. But when i opened the folder nothing was in it. All of the files that were left in there were gone and i couldnt find them anywhere on my computer. Do any of you know where else they could be?
  • Options
    Imyagine wrote: »
    Ok so, I need help. I have two computers that i play the sims on, an older one which can only run the base game, and a new one that is able to run the game and tons of custom content with it. Just yesterday i started to transfer cc via usb to the newer computer. Earlier i was sorting through it and organizing it into files but i never finished so i was transferring those folders first and planned to move the rest of what was still in the mods folder after. But when i opened the folder nothing was in it. All of the files that were left in there were gone and i couldnt find them anywhere on my computer. Do any of you know where else they could be?

Hello
    If you use One Drive try seeing if the cc files may be there. Try also using the search bar on the computer to see if you can find where they may be located.
  • Options
    SimbalSimbal Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,
    After the new update (January 11),
    all of my outfits in-game (that included CC) has been removed and reset from my sims.
    So basicallly I have a TON of naked sims :/
    What puzzles me is that the CC IS in the game and Furniture CC is working just as before...
    Do you guys possibly know why would such thing happen?
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Tedious but it seems this is increasingly necessary.

I always cut and paste the Mods folder outside of the Sims folder, launch and quit. This way it puts up a new, vanilla Mods folder into Sims 4 folder. ----Then I put it back in after a launch-and-quit post-patch. Never had to re-enable mods or CC.

Of course "that was then and this is now". Each patch starting with the one that prepped the game for Pets seems to dig increasingly deeper into the game programming and as a consequence the game won't run your mods and CC whether you set them aside or not, every time they issue a patch. .

But as a precaution keep a copy of the Sims 4 folder outside of its usual location so at least one doesn't lose their families or saves in the bargain.

Of course as far as I am concerned I'm fine with the game, as modded, before Pets, have no interest in whatever they're doing now and so I run the game offline as it was before the pets prep patch. Once I'm tired of playing the game, well, I'll be tired of playing the game and I'll move on.

They've not really come up with anything new thus far that bakes my bread.

But Hey, That's Just Me.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Simbal wrote: »
    Hello,
    After the new update (January 11),
    all of my outfits in-game (that included CC) has been removed and reset from my sims.
    So basicallly I have a TON of naked sims :/
    What puzzles me is that the CC IS in the game and Furniture CC is working just as before...
    Do you guys possibly know why would such thing happen?

Hello
    I have posted to Simbal on another post
  • Options
    crazyminxcrazyminx Posts: 4 New Member
    help!

i really need help on my game because on the last updated my game itself as lost all it's custom content and it shows up on the mods folder on the game and i also did the disabled thing but it still does not work and it does show up on the mod list that comes up but when i go into the create sim all the custom contents are gone.
  • Options
    crazyminx wrote: »
    help!

i really need help on my game because on the last updated my game itself as lost all it's custom content and it shows up on the mods folder on the game and i also did the disabled thing but it still does not work and it does show up on the mod list that comes up but when i go into the create sim all the custom contents are gone.

Hello @crazyminx
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder .
    Try marking the filter in Cas to show custom content only, and see if the cc appears then.

• Options
    thank you so much, you really helped me out and it worked am so happy but the only thing is the new traits i added on does not show up but am so happy with the custom content.
  • Options
    i have just checked again and i did try to put some more custom content on but there not even showing up but some are and i still thank you for your help but am not sure what is going on with my game.
  • Options
    crazyminx wrote: »
    thank you so much, you really helped me out and it worked am so happy but the only thing is the new traits i added on does not show up but am so happy with the custom content.

Hello
    Some traits were broken by the recent patches. Check to see if the cc version is recent, as the ones you have installed may still be broken if they were created before the patches.
  • Options
    QueenSimmer433QueenSimmer433 Posts: 13 New Member
    @rosemow hello. I noticed that my game wasn’t opening so I repaired the file and then when I opened the game ALL THE CC ON MY SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLD WAS GONE. I disabled and enabled the cc box MULTIPLE TIMES BUT NOTHING WORKED. I uninstalled and restalled it multiple times IT DIDNT WORK. I repaired it MULTIPLE times it DIDNT WORK. I’ve tried recovering from older saves where they DID gave clothes in but they DIDNT WORK. MY SIMS NEED CLOTHES because they are walking around naked with no clothes. And no my mods are NOT in the one drive. Please please please help me get their clothes back on their bodies. Please help me :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • Options
    @rosemow hello. I noticed that my game wasn’t opening so I repaired the file and then when I opened the game ALL THE CC ON MY SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLD WAS GONE. I disabled and enabled the cc box MULTIPLE TIMES BUT NOTHING WORKED. I uninstalled and restalled it multiple times IT DIDNT WORK. I repaired it MULTIPLE times it DIDNT WORK. I’ve tried recovering from older saves where they DID gave clothes in but they DIDNT WORK. MY SIMS NEED CLOTHES because they are walking around naked with no clothes. And no my mods are NOT in the one drive. Please please please help me get their clothes back on their bodies. Please help me :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Hello @QueenSimmer433
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
  • Options
    @rosemow I followed EXCATLY what u said but their clothes ARE NOT SHOWING UP. IM ACTUALLY CRYING
  • Options
    @rosemow Nothing is working!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top