Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they worth it?

I don't have a lot of money, so it doesn't seem like I will be able to get the packs. But if I am eventually able to get them, I just want to be sure they are worth it. So my questions are: What is (in your opinion) the best pack? Are there any packs that aren't worth it? Is there a pack that is a "must have"?

Comments

• NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    To me, the stuff packs are definitely worth the money as they come with a rather big amount of items for the price (especially compared to TS3 store sets), and if you're willing to wait for a sale, you can get them for even less.
    I personally like Perfect Patio the best because it came with some nice outdoor build/buy-items. But it really depends on what you want for your game.

I recommend just watching some YouTube reviews/overviews, so you can see how many and which items are in each pack and what they look like in game. That may help you decide which one you want if you can get the money together. :smile:

I like XUrbanSimsX' reviews best as she tests the new items quite well and she talks about both positive AND negative things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZCNUa-Av8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X47Xsq7-6ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljtNCBX6dSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xXM2k7LT0
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • kierpickleskierpickles Posts: 21 Member
    I don't have a lot of money either, so I don't have any of them at this moment but I have played them on my friends and I would agree with @NordicPhoenix22x that Perfect Patio stuff or maybe even the Cool Kitchen stuff is great.

0:)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oddly, I get the most use out of Luxury Party. It makes great outfits for Aliens in disguise :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    It's really up to you on what you want for your gameplay. I personally prefer Perfect patio and Cool kitchen the most because of the nice items for your kitchen and outdoors.

The luxury party pack came with some really nice dresses, but I personally don't use the gameplay stuff that it came with that often.

The same goes for spooky stuff pack. It was cute but I rarely throw halloween parties for my sims and the stuff that it came with doesn't fit my sims everyday lifestyle, so I have only used this packs items for two halloween parties.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    If you don't have much money then I think it's a good idea to skip the packs - unless there's a gameplay item you absolutely must have or you really feel like a certain pack was made for you. I bought Perfect Patio for the hot tubs and Spooky Stuff because I loved the theme :)
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Only if you like stuff and nothing else
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • getsims7getsims7 Posts: 20 New Member
    You can get stuffs on other cc site. If you dont have enough money I dont think you need to get SP.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    I think it's worth the money they're being sold for. However, I don't think any pack is a "Must have". I haven't gotten any of the four that have been released so far and I don't think I will.
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I have all but the Halloween one (waiting for a supernatural pack before getting one, so can actually dress witches in those costumes)

And I love them. You get nearly 60 items for 10 dollars, great bang for the buck, considering the original price of the game and the larger pack comparisons, and you get some awesome premium gameplay out of at least one of those items (typically 2-3 items) which will have countless interactions to use
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • ArrowJoy4ArrowJoy4 Posts: 793 Member
    I'm also having trouble figuring out how much they cost in dollars... are they all $10
    Yes they're all $10
  • CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    I would wait for a sale. In my opinion, they aren't worth their full price, but if they're on sale, it's ok. (I don't have much money, too).
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Curola wrote: »
    I would wait for a sale. In my opinion, they aren't worth their full price, but if they're on sale, it's ok. (I don't have much money, too).
    I doubt the stuff packs would ever go on sale. I can't see EA offering anything for lower than $10 (unless it's old).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    Yeah what Sweetie said, it's been over a year and not a single stuff pack has gone on sale, that is their version of a sale pretty much, I doubt we'll ever see it go under 10
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Spooky Stuff was on sale at Origin during Halloween. I remember it because that's when I bought it.