Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Miribi Prettacy - Updated 03/01

RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
Hey all! I've been reading through a bunch of legacy stories lately, and it's made me really inspired and excited to create my own. I especially love reading prettacies, since it's so fun to see how the children turn out, so I've decided to make this a prettacy as well. Before I make I my first story post though, I thought I'd introduce my founder and detail the rules I'll be following.

This will be my founder. Her name is Faeron Miribi.
pQiQrZV.png
V5E65rR.png
3BmiW24.png
T7if5Mh.png
She's obviously an alien, and her traits are childish, genius, and bookworm. Her aspiration is serial romantic, granting her the alluring bonus trait.

I'm going to try to follow standard legacy challenge rules and will be keeping score, though I'll document that as more of a footnote. My succession laws will be:
  • Strict matriarchy
  • Strict traditional
  • *Decided to change this from last born to democracy*
  • Humans and aliens are both eligible to be heir
My first post will be a prologue of sorts, and then I'll begin the challenge. Hope you enjoy :smile:

Generation One
Prologue: Movin' Out
Chapter One: Earth to Faeron
Chapter Two: The Man with the Saxophone
Chapter Three: Humble Beginnings
Chapter Four: A Handome Stranger
Chapter Five: A Woman Scorned?
Chapter Six: I Feel Pretty
Chapter Seven: Saccharine (AKA: The Cheesy Part)
Chapter Eight: A Beautiful Distraction
Chapter Nine: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter Ten: Grasping at Straws
Chapter Eleven: Speak
Chapter Twelve: Commander Booger
Chapter Thirteen: In His Shoes
Chapter Fourteen: From a Different Perspective
Chapter Fifteen: Progress
Chapter Sixteen: Son of a Superhero
Chapter Seventeen: Connection
Chapter Eighteen: A Challenger Appears
Chapter Nineteen: At Last
Chapter Twenty: Honestly
Chapter 21: Or Whatever
url="https://rinellie.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/picture-dump-baby-time/"]Picture Dump: Baby Time[/url
Chapter 22: It's Cliché, But
Post edited by Rinellie on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Prologue: Movin' Out

t2Lhz5o.png

A young woman found herself staring at the great falls that lie before her, a favorite thinking spot of hers. Her name was Faeron Miribi, and she had a decision to make. She stood there, contemplating what the next step she would take in her life would be.

On the one hand, this was her home, and she had a certain obligation to stay. Her parents had done their best to raise her here in Sixam, and her role as their daughter—the sole Miribi heir—was important not only to them, but to the entirety of the Sixam population.

But on the other, she had grown weary of the superficiality of her species. They worshipped what was beautiful and scorned what was not. And Faeron—she was not.

YhfGyY7.png

Faeron had never known what made her turn out this way. There was certainly no want for good looks from either of her parents. Her mother, Arassia Miribi, was a beautiful Sixamite. She was number one in the land when it came to mind cleansing, a common procedure for their species, who often found their minds cluttered due to their expert memories. Arassia had leagues of followers throughout the land, who admired her skills and beauty.

dmObAqF.png
    1ca4XAB.png

Her father, Loupon Miribi, too was a revered and handsome Sixamite. He had maintained a role as the Sixam leader for nearly a century, and the citizens of the nation held great respect for him as a result. Complaints of his governance were few and far between, and only once had another member of the Sixam council tried to overthrow his rule.

WeetNNY.png
    0TVqWEw.png

But there was no denying that Faeron was vastly different from her parents. Not only was she a polar opposite in appearance, she had also yet to develop any major skills and had trouble defining what her talents were. While she enjoyed spending time in nature, there was little tolerance for a daughter of her status to be working a labor-intensive job.

WzClhKh.png

Her peers and neighbors too, despite viewing her parents as Sixam saviors, saw little value in a homely, disfigured creature like Faeron and consequently treated her quite poorly. In a land as gorgeous as Sixam, no one can spare time for that which is not perfect.

WiWFhce.png
    5vwh2Ev.png

And so it was that Faeron found herself at her current crossroads. To please her parents and fulfill an empty obligation to a society that ridiculed her, or to put her own needs first and pursue a better life. She loved her parents dearly, as they treated her no differently from even the most beautiful of Sixamites, but she knew she could not handle so much rejection for much longer.

Faeron swallowed hard and closed her eyes. There would not be another day where she felt alone in her own home, she decided. She had heard long ago of a land below, a land inhabited by creatures much different from her. It was a risk, she understood, but perhaps they put less value in beauty. Perhaps they could love someone like her.

She straightened with newfound resolve and turned. Being a relative of someone in the highest position of Sixam, Faeron knew how to leave this place. There was a portal, hidden far away from where most of her kind resided. She had secretly gone once before, on a particularly lonely day.

Her legs marched on their own and brought her to the spot she remembered. With sudden ferocity, she headed towards the portal. It was time for her to abandon this place that had long before abandoned her. It was time for a change.

WBW5HJe.png
    F2sYQNS.png
    ylTJ0He.png
  • Options
    I'm already loving this, the prologue is so creative! Can't wait to read more!
    Hi there! I'm Nimbob! Happy simming!
    Check out my challenge, The Colour Challenge!
    tumblr_mfqldwCXLb1rqw994o3_250.gif
  • Options
    @NimbobTheMarshmallow I'm so glad you like it! It's been such a long time since I've written any stories, so I'm both excited and nervous. Hope you continue to enjoy :smile:
  • Options
    Chapter One: Earth to Faeron

As quickly as the portal had enveloped Faeron on the surface of Sixam, so quickly did it spit her back out into a completely different world. Her exit from whatever wormhole she spiraled through to make it this far was decidedly not on land, and she would quickly face her first encounter with the Earth’s gravity. She wailed as she fell from the sky, landing face first on to an empty field of grass.

uTRpeDG.png

“What is this place?” she gawked. Though she had been resolute in her decision to come here, she did so knowing that she had no idea what was beyond the portal. It was only now that she realized just how big a gamble she had taken. Still, she sensed no immediate danger and suddenly felt a fearlessness she hadn’t experienced since she was a child.

Almost giddily, Faeron picked herself up from the ground and started exploring her surroundings. She gazed in wonderment at life forms she had never seen before—flying feathered beings and tiny crawling specks. She stared wide-eyed at the bodies of water on either side of her. Unable to contain herself, she thrust her arm into what appeared to be a hollowed out log.

H3ydSoc.png

Upon grasping something slimy, she jumped back quickly.

“Maybe I should calm down a bit,” she reasoned. Sure, there weren’t any nearby threats to her safety that she could see, but this was an entirely different planet with entirely different laws of nature. She knew hardly anything. Were it not for her age, she could practically be an infant. Suddenly, her eagerness vanished, and she found herself remaining still.

STCUt9V.png

There was one thing she knew, however. While studying in Sixam, she learned of a race of creatures that lived here—humans, they were called. They were intelligent life forms, not unlike herself, and they did well for themselves, building shelters and crafting all sorts of technology.

Faeron figured her best bet would be to go off in search of a human. As Sixamites were a highly intelligent species, she knew she would be able to communicate with them, regardless of language barriers.

So she willed herself forward, despite her unease. Though she had no way of knowing where it would lead, she walked along a narrow path, in hopes of finding someone she could speak with.

It wasn’t long before she came upon a strip of buildings. There still were no humans in sight, but perhaps, she thought, there might be one inside. She picked a building at random and creeped inside.

Upon entering, she discovered there were certainly others inside. Were they humans though? Their skin tones ranged from peach to mahogany, and what she assumed was their hair was of similar hues. Not one of them wore an outfit resembling another’s, completely unlike the citizens of Sixam. Only leaders and their families could wear unique clothing where she was from, but here, it seemed everyone had their own distinct look.

A few of them glanced her way. Though some seemed surprised, it seemed the majority of them were not fazed. Growing ever more confused, Faeron’s eyes darted around the building. On every wall was a shelf filled with books, books of all different sizes and contents. Deciding to wait to introduce herself to someone, she grabbed a book so that she could absorb as much information pertaining to this world as she could.

3W2LrMG.png

She tried her hand at using the machines around her as well; they reminded her of processors in Sixam, so she assumed their purpose was similar.

SsNszVZ.png

She researched for hours, logging every bit of information she came across into her brain. It was all very Johnny 5, her incessant search for input.

At last, she leaned back in her chair. She felt confident in the knowledge she had acquired over the course of the afternoon and knew she could use it to make communicating with a human easier. Nodding to herself and furrowing her eyebrows, Faeron scouted the room for someone to talk to.
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    Great intro!! Faeron is so cute (love her pink and purple self lol!), and it's a fun spin that she's an alien! Can't wait to see what happens next!
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Oh, I love this!! Wonderful storytelling, and great way to start off a prettacy!! Faeron (I love the name, btw), is adorable. I love the tips of her ears showing through her hair, too. Can't wait to read more!
  • Options
    Ahhhh!! I'm starstruck here. Love the Hasslich Prettacy, and I plan to read through the Elstree Prettacy once I've caught up with marcellala's How to Lose Your Ugliness in Ten Generations. So excited you're both here!

@PeachyKeen88 I can't help but feel like I should have made her uglier lol! I keep telling myself she would look stranger as a normal sim and not as an alien, so that helps me sleep at night anyway ;) I'm glad you're liking the story!

@sabreene Thank you so much!! It's been a while since I've written creatively, so it's nice to hear you think my storytelling is good. I love the tips of her ears too, to be honest XD So glad you like what I've written!
  • Options
    Chapter Two: The Man with the Saxophone

Now that Faeron had researched for hours, she felt certain that the creatures present at her current location were indeed humans. She knew that she needed to speak with one if she were to make any kind of progress towards beginning a life here. To secure a place to live, she would need what she had learned were called simoleons, and to secure any simoleons, she would have to find a job. Perhaps someone in the building could guide her in the right direction.

Since she had no way of knowing who there could help her, she chose a person at random and struck up a conversation.

“Hello,” was all she managed to choke out.

The man she addressed turned towards her, wearing a dry expression.

“Nice costume,” he snorted.

“Costume?” Faeron vaguely remembered having earlier read about costumes as she skimmed through pages of musical-related articles. “I am not wearing a costume.”

“Right, sorry. Cosplay, is it? …Listen, did you need something?”

Not understanding why the man believed she was wearing a costume, Faeron hesitated slightly before continuing. But she didn’t want to miss this opportunity to speak with a human, so she chose to ignore his comment for the moment. Instead, she explained how she was “unfamiliar with this place” and could use a hand “securing a means of subsistence.”

“You sure talk funny, don’t you?” the man laughed.

He introduced himself as J Huntington III—a slightly pretentious title, Faeron noted—and despite his initial response to her approach, seemed responsive to her case after discovering this quirk. The two hit it off and conversed with each other for nearly an hour afterwards.

KPiPhlo.png

As their conversation drew to a close, J placed a hand on Faeron’s shoulder and whispered, “I want to show you something.”

He took her to a different building farther down the street. He told her it was called the Willow Creek Museum. It was filled with many kinds of artwork and had a stately atmosphere to it.

“I like coming here to admire the different paintings. The owners of the place cycle through works by different artists pretty often, so it’s always got something new to see,” J told her. He looked almost shy admitting this.

EsHMp3j.png

“It is apparent you value this space very much. Thank you for sharing it with me,” was Faeron’s response.

J let out a quiet chuckle. “Yeah, I ‘value this space very much.’ Jeez, lighten up, would ya?” Reaching for his phone, he continued, “You said you were looking for a job, right? I know a guy who knows a guy. Might be able to set you up with a job as a dishwasher if you’re interested.”

The two exchanged numbers, and J promised to give his “guy” a call later. He then explained that he needed to leave for work and gave her a quick wave before leaving the museum.

Faeron wanted to take a look around before she would leave as well. After looking around for a while, one painting in particular stuck out to her.

XDXaP17.png

It was of a man playing the saxophone. She noticed how the figure of the man looked entirely different from the humans she had seen around her and in pictures online. He looked unnatural, disfigured even. And yet, his form was being showcased for humans to admire and discuss. His form was considered artwork—considered beautiful.

Faeron looked down at her scrawny arms and legs. She had always hated her frame and specifically wore clothes that made its shape less obvious. But was there a chance that, in this place, she would be welcomed? Could she develop a confidence that, before, would have only been a dream for her? She could not know now, but she left the museum feeling stronger than she had in a long, long time.

OE8cifX.png
  • Options
    Holy crap, you guys. I'm way too long-winded. I haven't even written up to the point where she finds a place to live. Please forgive meeeee.
  • Options
    ArrowJoy4ArrowJoy4 Posts: 793 Member
    This is so cool!! I can't wait to see how it goes! I really liked the bit about the painting and she has a very interesting backstory
  • Options
    I love it, Rinellie! And oh my gosh, I was so starstruck when I wrote my first chapter and had people respond too! I was like, who me? You're reading me? Ahhhh. But seriously, I'm loving your story and your length! Says the woman who is working on chapter 22 and doesn't even have an heir yet... lol! (talk about long winded!).

I'm so happy you're reading/read the Hasslichs & How to Lose Your Ugliness in Ten Generations -- those are the prettacies that inspired mine, too!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh goodie! A new prettacy! Love everything...the back story, her quirkiness! Looking forward to more!

@sabreene I know! Me, too! No heir for a while! Ha!

I like long winded stories, so, keep it up @Rinellie !
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I love this, and her name is indeed beautiful
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @ArrowJoy4 Yeah, I had just brought her to the museum to start meeting people, and the painting idea suddenly came to me. I thought it fit well :smile: I'm so glad you like the story so far!

@sabreene Good to know I won't be the only writer taking her time! Also, I was too impatient to wait until finishing marcellala's story before starting yours, so I snuck a peek at your prologue. I love Merriweather's look! How many generations did it take you to get that family in your original uglacy town, if you remember?

@pammiechick Whoa! The Mansion on Horrid Hill is on my To-Read list too! So excited you're here and liking the story!

@SeaDragonSong Thanks so much! I based her name largely off the word "fairy." Didn't think I could create a pretty name based on "alien" heh ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter Three: Humble Beginnings

As Faeron left the museum, she felt pleased in knowing there would be people willing to speak with her, as well as a potential job offer on the horizon. The only thing she could think of that she still needed to take care of was to find a place to live, as she obviously no longer had access to the comfortable estate her parents owned in Sixam.

Recalling her first moments on this planet, she remembered that she had initially been transported to a rather large plot of land that showed no signs of being used. The surrounding area there was moreover quite beautiful and offered great insight into the nature of Earth. There were many living organisms present and a plethora of different plant species. Faeron had always loved exploring the natural side of her home planet, and now that she felt more comfortable with her understanding of Earth, she greatly looked forward to discovering what it had to offer in that regard. Yes, that first area she saw would do nicely as a home, she resolved.

She knew she would need some basic furniture before she could live comfortably, however, but as she had yet to acquire any simoleons, she realized she had no way to purchase anything. Digging through her pockets, she found a few fang flowers that she had picked prior to leaving Sixam. These were a special type of plant known only to her planet, so it was unsurprising when the owner of a local gardening shop was willing to pay a decent sum for them.

With that settled, Faeron set out to organize her living arrangements.

onroVJT.png

What she could afford wasn’t much, but it would do to tide her over until she could begin working. She felt certain that J’s acquaintance would contact her soon with a job offer, so she chose not to worry about her finances that night. She had already accomplished so much that day, and the exhaustion caused by her adventures was starting to weigh heavily on her.

G3CDXJO.png

After preparing herself a meal (which she found she enjoyed immensely), Faeron ate quickly and fell into a deep slumber.

The following morning, Faeron awoke to a call on her cell. [AN: I just realized I totally forgot in the last chapter to address the fact that Faeron has not yet bought a cell phone. Pfft. I’ll just go with it.]

Fumbling for the answer button, she jumped out of bed as she answered. “Hello?”

KtUIj28.png

A muffled voice returned her greeting. “Yeah, I’m calling about hiring you as a dishwasher. You’re J’s friend, right? Fa-… Fayrun?”

“Ah, you must be J’s ‘guy.’ Yes, I am who you speak of.”

The call ended shortly afterwards, with an agreement for Faeron to start working shifts starting later that day. Fortunately for her, there was no interview required.

Everything was going just perfectly, she realized. She had a place to live, a job, and even a friend. She still had several hours before her first shift would start, so, with a hop in her step, she decided to go greet whoever was living in the large manor next to her home.

Before she even approached the house, she was met by one of its residents.

lJICyRq.png

“That’s not a character I recognize!” the man remarked. “What a costume.”

Having yet to have made the connection as to why the people she met assumed she was wearing a costume, Faeron was quick to correct him. “I am not wearing a costume.”

“Right, and pigs fly, huh!” he laughed, a great Papa Bear guffaw. “What brings you to these parts?” he asked.

“I plan to make my new neighbor’s acquaintance, for I have recently begun to reside in a field nearby.” She pointed to her meager home down the way.

“Well, I guess that makes me your new neighbor then! The name’s Eric!” Eric reached for Faeron’s hand and grasped it in a firm handshake.

Not knowing exactly how to respond, Faeron limply returned the gesture. Her body shook slightly from his strength, and she stared blankly at his face.

Eric didn’t seem to notice, however, and was clearly flattered by her intentions. He invited her into his home to continue their conversation.

SXuuAYa.png

The pair got along quite well, and they bonded over a mutual love of chess. They played a few matches, but Eric’s attempts were no match for Faeron’s Sixamite intellect; the matches always ended in Faeron’s favor.

lqU028l.png

Before long, it came time for Faeron to start preparing for work, so the two said their goodbyes. Eric insisted she visit again soon, and Faeron was happy to oblige. As she headed for her first shift working a human job, she smiled to herself. Two friends was more than she had ever had on Sixam, not counting her parents. She was already confident she had made the right decision in leaving her home. Things were looking up for her.
    Post edited by Rinellie on
  • Options
    I love how everyone thinks she's cosplaying, it makes me laugh! Love the new update!

On mine, Merri would've been the sixth generation. Though since I wasn't writing and was following my own rules, there were one or two generations right in the middle where I aged everyone up quickly because I liked their kids better. I'm thinking of doing a family tree, but it's so much data!

I did get lucky with some interesting townies. I've actually found there's a thin line between pretty and ugly. The hardest part was when both spouses were normal looking (not ugly, not pretty) -- they had average looking kids. I also played the whole town, so I had a lot to choose from! Some of mine, even after six generations, looked fairly normal! lol!

I'll be really interested to watch Faeron's genetics be passed down the line!
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    I love how everyone thinks she's cosplaying, it makes me laugh! Love the new update!

On mine, Merri would've been the sixth generation. Though since I wasn't writing and was following my own rules, there were one or two generations right in the middle where I aged everyone up quickly because I liked their kids better. I'm thinking of doing a family tree, but it's so much data!

I did get lucky with some interesting townies. I've actually found there's a thin line between pretty and ugly. The hardest part was when both spouses were normal looking (not ugly, not pretty) -- they had average looking kids. I also played the whole town, so I had a lot to choose from! Some of mine, even after six generations, looked fairly normal! lol!

I'll be really interested to watch Faeron's genetics be passed down the line!

Oh, a family tree would be really fun to see! I can imagine it being quite an undertaking though. Some of these family trees get crazy detailed.

I feel like it would be harder to make sims uglier over time than to make them prettier over time because of just that--too often, the sims are just average looking. That's why I'm so impressed by Merri's appearance and her family's appearances too! None of them are hideous by any means, but they certainly don't have the kinds of faces you'd expect to see around. Too cute!

Yeah, I have a feeling it will be hard to get rid of Faeron's odd face shape. Should make for some fun children!
  • Options
    Chapter Four: A Handsome Stranger

After her first day of work as a dishwasher, Faeron returned home feeling highly informed. Before, she had been unaware of the logistics of running a restaurant on Earth and now felt gratified to be given the opportunity to learn more about it.

While she was working, she had overheard some of her coworkers discussing their plans for the night. Most of them implied they would be spending it out on the town. Curious as to what a night on the town entailed, Faeron decided to experience it for herself. She dressed herself up and headed towards the location that seemed to be most booming that evening, Rattlesnake Juice.

There, she met a cute stranger. He had sat next to her after ordering a drink and looked eager to strike up a conversation with her.

tHqfc5J.png

“Call me Mitchell. Can I buy you a drink?” he offered.

“I have enough funds to purchase my own, thank you,” she answered, not picking up on his intentions.

By this point, Faeron had pieced together an understanding of why everyone she met believed she was wearing a costume, so when the man, realizing he had struck out with his initial offer, changed the subject to her outfit, she was unsurprised.

“Truthfully, it is not a costume, but I do not believe you would be able to grasp why.” Faeron failed to realize how blunt her response was as she spoke, but she quickly caught on after finishing. Mitchell didn’t give her the chance to apologize, however.

“Try me,” he challenged.

Intrigued by Mitchell’s persistence, Faeron decided to give it a shot. She opened up to him, detailing every last bit of her background. She told him about Sixam and how her parents were very influential there; she told him about traveling through a wormhole to reach this planet and how everything here is foreign to her. Perhaps it was because he had had one too many drinks, but Mitchell followed along silently and appeared open to her claims. When she finally finished, he spoke.

“Sounds like the plot to a B movie.”

Faeron’s mind instantly flashed to bumble bees. She didn’t understand the connection, but she chose not to address it for she was too happy that Mitchell seemed to believe her and had not instantly made a run for it as soon as she had mentioned being from a different planet. Overjoyed, her emotions took over, and she, without thinking, pressed her lips against his in a show of her already growing affection for him.

LWxFlBn.png
    Mxg1B5j.png

To her delight, Mitchell seemed responsive to her advances and was quick to invite her to his place to spend the night. None of the roommates he had mentioned seemed to be home when they arrived. Wasting no time, the pair tumbled towards his bedroom, giggling and reaching for each other as they went. They locked the door to his room behind them and got busy completing their evening.

hB76Ix9.png

Faeron woke up to find the house still empty save for her and Mitchell, and she wondered if his roommates might return later that day. She hoped to meet them so that she could introduce herself to them and become even closer to Mitchell.

The previous night had happened quite quickly, she admitted to herself, but Faeron had never felt so good in her life. This was the first time she had met someone who was attracted to her, and the feeling of knowing that was so gratifying for her. She let her sleepy eyes gaze upon Mitchell’s face as he lay next to her, still asleep.

As he awoke several minutes later, Faeron smiled quietly. He turned towards her, and his eyes shot open.

“Oh, right. Faeron, hey. Good morning.” Mitchell’s demeanor seemed slightly different from how it was the night before, but Faeron assumed it had something to do with the alcohol he had consumed.

She returned his greeting. “Good morning to you as well.”

“Um, hey, I need to get ready for work pretty soon here, so you might wanna… You know, start getting dressed and stuff? You know how it goes: the daily grind and all that.” He ushered her towards her dress she had worn the night before, wearing a troubled expression.

Faeron now felt more suspicious of his sudden change in attitude. She wanted to discuss it with him, but he allowed her no time to do so. As soon as she had gotten dressed, he shooed her out of his house.

“I’ll call you,” he promised.

The assurance was enough to quell her suspicions for the time being, so she dutifully left his place and headed home.

But days passed without any word from Mitchell, and Faeron grew worried. Her focus was constantly on her phone, hoping for a call or message.

7YGgs8S.png

Maybe he had hurt himself, she wondered. Maybe his phone had broken, and he had no way to contact her. After all, she had never shown him where she lived. These kinds of thoughts circulated in her mind until she could ignore them no longer. She decided to take matters into her own hands and set out to pay him a visit.
  • Options
    Great update. That Mitchell! I wonder what she'll say? I hope she finds a better guy!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Great update. That Mitchell! I wonder what she'll say? I hope she finds a better guy!

Sadly, Faeron's pretty naive at this point. I don't know if she'll be able to give him a piece of her mind like she should!
  • Options
    Ah, poor Faeron! I feel for her, but love how you handled her first romantic encounter. As soon as he woke up I was thinking, oh no, he's going to use the 'beer goggles' defense! Don't call me... I'll call you. Ugh!
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    Ah, poor Faeron! I feel for her, but love how you handled her first romantic encounter. As soon as he woke up I was thinking, oh no, he's going to use the 'beer goggles' defense! Don't call me... I'll call you. Ugh!

The problem is Faeron's so clueless right now, so she's making such classic mistakes. I've been cringing a lot writing the past couple chapters lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter Five: A Woman Scorned?

It had been several days since Faeron spent the night with Mitchell, but she found that she could not stop thinking about it. She had opened herself up to him in a way she’d done with no one else before, leading her to believe that the two had become quite intimate. So even if he had hurt himself, surely, he would have made some effort to let her know, she thought to herself as she made her way to his house.

And so although somewhere in a deep corner of her brain, she knew why he really hadn’t contacted her, a larger part of her refused to acknowledge it. Even as she approached his door and could see him through the windows, she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Nervously, she rang the doorbell.

A man she didn’t recognize met her at the door. Maybe one of the roommates Mitchell had mentioned before.

xGfzUki.png

“Yes?” he inquired, giving her a once-over.

“Ah, yes, I am here seeking an audience with Mitchell Kalani,” Faeron confessed as she fiddled with some fluff caught on her skirt. Though the man appeared friendly, she somehow had a hard time looking him in the eye. For reasons she couldn’t pinpoint, she felt as if she did not belong there. Was she holding her breath?

“Sure,” he smiled, likely unaware of the relationship between Faeron and Mitchell. He invited her inside and pointed her in the right direction—though it wasn’t entirely necessary, as Mitchell stood just twenty-odd feet away.

A wave of relief flushed over Faeron as she finally met eyes with him. She rushed over to his side and placed her hands along his arms.

Exhaling at last, she gasped, “You are unhurt!”

Bpdbzhw.png

“Faeron!” he sputtered. “What are you doing here?”

“I thought perhaps you had been injured. Many days have passed since you implied you would call for me.” His body language told her he was not especially excited to see her there. But ignoring her better judgment, she continued, “For what reason have you not yet dialed my number?”

He remained silent for a moment, scanning her face as if unable to comprehend that she was being genuine. When her concerned expression showed no sign of breaking, he began.

ZwsnLKM.png

“You’re pretty new to this whole dating scene, huh?” Backing away from her grasp, he went on, “You know, I thought the alien thing was a gimmick, but I’m not so sure anymore. There definitely was something off down there too, if you know what I mean.”

Faeron said nothing in return.

“Look, why don’t you take a seat,” he offered, guiding her to the couch beside them. “I don’t find joy in breaking girls’ hearts, you know? …You need anything? Like, a lemonade or something? Chocolate?”

nhdqApg.png

“I wish only for some answers,” was her honest reply.

Seeing her face, the way it crumpled into itself, Mitchell felt pity for Faeron. Though it was not his usual policy to be forthright with a woman with whom he’d had a one night stand, he bent his own rules that day.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he admitted honestly, “I was only looking for an easy lay that night.”

Faeron had spent enough long days at work with some less-than-proper coworkers to understand what that meant.

A long silence passed between the two, growing increasingly more awkward with each passing minute. Mitchell was the first to break it.

“I’ve gotta head out for another shift at the ol’ daily grind—you know how it goes,” he spoke, his words mirroring the conversation they had had several days prior.

Not making eye contact, he told her she was free to stay as long as she liked and could help herself to anything in the fridge. With that, he threw on a jacket and slipped into some rugged old sneakers and was out the door, muttering a final goodbye as he left.

Faeron remained still [although curiously switched couches (cough)]. She considered raiding his fridge and tossing all of its contents, just to spite him. She might have gone through with it too, if it hadn’t been for a familiar face suddenly appearing next to her.

6OYhLgk.png

“J Huntington the third!” she exclaimed, garnering a laugh from the man.

“Just J is fine.”

“I see. I will start again—”

“Please, woman, there’s no need!” J laughed again. “Anyway, how are you? I live here too, and I couldn’t help but overhear what just happened.”

Only then did Faeron realize how upset she was. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she rubbed her eyes harshly before they could. She was not discreet enough, however, to hide the inevitable accompanying sniffles. Faeron cursed her childishness, willing the sobs to return from whence they came.

Appearing offended on her behalf, J crossed his arms, frustrated.

0Q759Yq.png

“I swear, that guy doesn’t care about anyone but himself! He’s always leaving his stuff around the house, and he waits so long to do his laundry I swear you’re able to see the stench emitting from his clothes,” he huffed.

Grateful that she had someone on her side, Faeron mustered a smile and turned to J. “He could afford to lose some of his excess weight as well,” she offered, ready to take petty pleasure in talking smack.

“Thatta girl!” J grinned. Sensing her mood lifting, he jumped to his feet and pulled her with him. “I know something we could do that would really get to him.”

Before Faeron could express her consent, J leaned towards her, trying to wrap his arms around her. But as she realized what he was doing, she quickly recoiled.

c7aXFRk.png

“I am not ready for—”

“Come on, it’s just a bit of fun!” he pressed. “Plus, I really like you.” He leaned towards her again.

She backed away. “No. Not right now.”

jBy7ZkY.png

Looking her dead in the eyes, J grunted, “Then, just go, I guess.” He spun on his heel and walked in the opposite direction, not even bothering to say goodbye.

Reeling, Faeron opened the door to her humble home. She entered and leaned against the door from the inside.

n48sCIC.png

What had she done wrong? She thought she was well on her way to acclimating to life here on Earth. She thought she had made friends and had found the possibility for love. But it turned out the people she had met—the people she trusted—were using her.

Choking back sobs that had once again returned, Faeron stumbled towards the bathroom. She took a long, hard stare at herself in the mirror.

rK8MN7v.png

Though she hated to admit it, perhaps she had been wrong to leave Sixam. Yes, her peers were not kind to her there, but at least they were honest. She always knew what to expect in Sixam, even if what she expected was unpleasant.

But here, on Earth, she couldn’t predict anything. Faeron clearly lacked the know-how to maneuver human relationships, and she did not foresee this condition changing.

Somehow, she could not help but feel as if her appearance was to blame. If she looked like a normal Sixamite, she would have been accepted among her kind and would never have left her home planet; conversely, if she looked like a normal human being, she would feel more confident and perhaps would not attract so many people looking to prey on the weak-willed.

Feeling angrier at her exterior than she ever had before, she willed her form to change, willed her features to change, willed her being to change—

And so it did.

vkQVPN6.png
  • Options
    Wow...that's a new twist on a prettacy! Great update although I was hoping J was a nice guy. Sad!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Wow...that's a new twist on a prettacy! Great update although I was hoping J was a nice guy. Sad!

Honestly, I didn't like making all these guys jerks :'( I was using them to finish Faeron's serial romantic aspiration, so really, they were the ones getting hurt. Mitchell, especially, was a very sweet sim autonomously, and I saw him around town sulking all the time because Faeron was flirting with some rando. Here's a shot I took of him dancing all gloomily at the gym :|

bbU9IY5.png

I feel bad, since I just used these guys to get to this point in the story bahahaha. I'm an evil creator.