Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Poll] 8 packs were released in 2015. Are you happy with it?

http://strawpoll.me/6120623

The Sims Team released 8 packs in 2015: 2 EPs, 2 GPs, and 4 SPs.

Personally I don't think 8 packs a year is enough content. In TS3 we were getting monthly store sets *in addition to* EP and SP releases. Two expansion every year is fine, but they really should have released one or two more game packs. Epsecially since we had a five month gap between Spa Day and Get Together where the only release was Spooky Stuff. It's a terrible idea to have five months go by without any major addition to the game. I hope they don't make the same mistake in 2016 and release a new pack every month instead.
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think they would have done ok with 2 EPs, 2 GPs, and 2 SPs in a year personally. I miss having more time given to EPs so I was happy to hear that GT was delayed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Err what about Cool kitchen? That was after Spa Day.

I don't really mind how many packs we get a year and what kind of packs they are. But I'm gonna set my own personal minimum at 8.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The amount seems fine to me, compared to TS2. Some of the patces gave out good content too (pools, basements, newcrest). I'll rather have nice patches than a pack every month.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think 8 packs are fine. Maybe one more Game Pack would have been great. More content is always great, but too many and it's expensive and overwhelming.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Err what about Cool kitchen? That was after Spa Day.

I don't really mind how many packs we get a year and what kind of packs they are. But I'm gonna set my own personal minimum at 8.

I completely forgot about Cool Kitchen coming after Spa Day :o That shows how much impact that pack made :D

Either way I feel like it's been forever since we get any substantial content. In TS3 we got three EPs in some years (2012 & 2013), and the store released new worlds frequently, which were also pretty substantial.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    8 seems okay I guess. I mean content is content. I'm just glad we got anything at all considering how empty TS4 was at the beginning. xD
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I can't say. I can't remember how long the time-span was in Sims 2 between content before they sold themselves out on Sims 3.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I can't say. I can't remember how long the time-span was in Sims 2 between content before they sold themselves out on Sims 3.
    I'm not 100% sure either, but I'm thinking of two EPs per year, maybe one stuff pack (I never got those), no patches. It's so different now :scream:

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I would have liked 2 EPs a year. SP and GPs are just extra, imo, the big ones with the Game Changers are the Expansions and 1 wasn't enough- again, imo.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    The Sims 2, it was an average of 2 EPs, 2 to 3 SPs per year. This has the dates of release for each pack. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Compilation_pack#Compilation_pack

The Sims 3 was also an average of 2 EPs and 2 SPs per year. This is not counting store content and world releases.

So in terms of number of released packs, the Sims 4 has broken records.

The Sims 1 started off releasing 2 EPs per year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I would have pictured more game packs being released. They seem like the best value so far imo, I'm iffy on some of the stuff packs they're similar to the store and I suspect this pack will kinda take off next year.

I'm not opposed to more content being added, I just hope they don't take advantage of it.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm okay with eight new packs a year. I'm glad we didn't get a new release every month. This lull in between Spooky Stuff and Get Together is allowing me to explore the things I haven't done with the earlier releases.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Usually, 8 should have been more than enough.
    But this game needed so much content added and felt so empty (and still does) for many players that 8 packs didn't feel like much.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I will make my answer very simple: No.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I would have to say no, because it still lacks certain features and I am watching EA/Maxis to see what features they will add.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I would have loved to see one more GP and I really hope they release them more often. I would prefer dlc every month just because I could pick and choose what fits my gameplay easier.

If it's one thing I can definitely say for sure tho, 8 months for an EP seems like a really long time.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    [Poll] 8 packs were released in 2015. Are you happy with it?

No. I haven't seen that much in the GPs or SPs I wanted to play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BumminDorkBumminDork Posts: 67 Member
    I was happy and then they got boring way too quickly. The only one who seems like it's pulling its weight is Spa Day to me and it's pulling around a two pound dumbbell at best.

I agree with the other who mentioned that too many just becomes way too expensive, there's not enough Origin sales for that . . . has there even been an origins sale on a stuff pack?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm cool with getting more new content (and at better prices) than we used to, yep :)

Deets: I have everything but Spooky Stuff (but am thinking of getting it). I use it all. I use the vacation system of OR less than the buy/build and CAS, but I enjoy it immensely when I use it. I play with GTW Aliens a lot, loved the Science career and played right through it for a few months, use the Science equipment in builds a lot, and am planning to play the Detective career alongside GT some, because I can have my cops meet after work at a bar, and my criminals too. I use the Luxury Stuff CAS a lot: my Sims like sparkly things. I use Spa Day activities and build/buy. A lot of my Sims have hot tubs and nice patios; I like the hair from that pack too, even the unpopular men's hair (it suits some Sims well). I use the Kitchen Stuff largely for great hair and some of the CAS and the clutter but have played with the ice cream some too. More than getting my money's worth on top of enjoying the regular rollouts :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I'm pretty happy with the amount of packs. One more GP would have been perfect, but if GT wouldn't have been delayed, we would probably have gotten GP3 in December.
    I like that there's a rather big amount of DLC out there, so I have a variety of content to choose from for my game.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm pretty happy with what came out and I wouldn't have minded an extra pack or four. Even Cool Kitchen grew on me over time although I still NEVER use the ice maker, ha. All in all it was a good year with some great ups and some low, lows (thinking of the horribly repetitive nature of GTW, after not even a single play through with one career). Here's to hoping for a great GT and rapid release of content next year.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Yeah, but with TS2 you could see that the devs were planning and that span of time resulted in EPs that made the base game a lot richer with each release. I can't imagine TS2 without hobbies, or OFB, or apartments, or those amazing vacation lots. Everything was integrated so well.

I think the SPs should keep rolling out regularly, but I hope that EA will take a LOT of time on their EPs like they did with TS2 and maybe even their GPs (although they're GPs look pretty solid--so maybe 2 GPs a year is fine).
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Very happy with the content that came out for the game this year. I would have loved to have seen another vacation destination though. I'm hoping we get a couple of those in the new year.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No I'm not happy about it. I think atleast a holiday stuffpack should have been released in November.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The Sims 2, it was an average of 2 EPs, 2 to 3 SPs per year. This has the dates of release for each pack. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Compilation_pack#Compilation_pack

The Sims 3 was also an average of 2 EPs and 2 SPs per year. This is not counting store content and world releases.

So in terms of number of released packs, the Sims 4 has broken records.

The Sims 1 started off releasing 2 EPs per year.

True story! They have indeed. They also broke records when they released the base game by stripping more content from previous base games and the map is just as good as Sims 1!

I don't think it's fair to say Sims 4 is breaking records with how much content they're releasing because they've redesigned additional content from a store into DLC packs and introduced game packs. It's just a re-structuring their content releases.

I do think we'll see more SP's and GP's in 2016 then we saw in 2015. Between spending months working on the BG features after release from content to fixes; I think the "resources" were tied up (labor). So now that they've basically caught up all the base game features that are really missing with the exception of toddlers and a couple other things (Which can be argued, so i won't name them) I think we'll see more stuff next year. I do think toddlers have been actively worked on this year. I don't think that render is simply photoshop. toddlers exist in EA's games but they're not "ready" to be released to us yet. I think a lot of attention has gone to that.

I was hoping that the next SP would be similar to the last one but for the winter holidays, but I don't know now because they delayed GT.

I do think some of the features have been stripped down too much. I don't like that we get OFB back in the first EP but yet we can't own all these cool "businesess" that are coming to the game. The spa, now the cafe... I'm not sure can you own a club? I think that needs to be addressed somehow. Hopefully with a restaurant GP/ or EP feature. I do think restaurants may come in a GP that will work well with adding another "way" to own businesses by a lot service perspective (like gyms, bars, clubs, spas in Sims 2).

Still waiting on toddlers and cars personally before I move into the 4 era,, but I've liked the releases. GT looks like it will make the dynamics of game play within the neighborhoods far more entertaining and complex. That's awesome.

So far so good IMO.