Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is disable woohoo game experience different from normal game experience?

Hi,

I'm a parent considering getting the Sims 4 for my tween but the "woohoo" experience is holding me back. I've heard that I can use a cheat to disable the feature. But I'm wondering what the in-game experience is like with it off compared to when it is on.
Can someone give me a description of how the cheat changes the gameplay? Or maybe link to a video comparing the 2? Thanks.

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hit Shift + Ctrl + C to open the cheat box while in game.
    Then type:

testingcheats true

then hit 'enter'

and type:

debug.enable_woohoo [false]

Here is a video of how the "woohoo" looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9NfQWQQtw

If you use the cheat, it means your sim or the player won't see the option to "woohoo". That's it, but you have to key in this cheat every time you get in the game, I believe.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I don't see the big deal? You can't even see them woohoo. Your tween probably knows exactly what woohoo is anyway.

But if you're very intent on removing this everyday, normal part of life from the game, it wouldn't make a difference to the gameplay. Woohoo just simply wouldn't be an option. And you would have to input the cheat every time your kid wants to play.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    There is nothing wrong with woohoo.

You cannot see what they really are doing it.

Games do not effect people's behavior; it is all on them, not on the game.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    weslowsk wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a parent considering getting the Sims 4 for my tween but the "woohoo" experience is holding me back. I've heard that I can use a cheat to disable the feature. But I'm wondering what the in-game experience is like with it off compared to when it is on.
    Can someone give me a description of how the cheat changes the gameplay? Or maybe link to a video comparing the 2? Thanks.

As a mother, I applaud you for looking to let your tween get Sims and not just dismissing it because of woohoo. Also, a mother (of a younger child than a tween) we both play sims... woohoo is a good interaction to reinforce good lessons. I've set my daughter done and told her that woohoo is for married couples, in game and in real life. And she sees me playing my game in that same manner. Since her computer is about two feet from mine, I spent the first few weeks watching her gameplay like a hawk to see if she was playing "freely" with woohoo. Nope. Strictly married couples only, as a means to have a child to carry on the legacy of their family.

Her computer is still 2 feet from mine, and I still keep an eye on her gameplay, but that's cause I enjoy watching her play as I play.

Sims is a lot more than woohoo. And it really is a great game. I hope you decide to let your tween play it. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited November 2015
    I stated playing The Sims when I was a kid and I saw woohoo just as another aspect of the game. There's nothing about it that could "affect" a kid (let alone a tween) negatively.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    If this is not an obvious troll I have just lost all hope in humanity.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    I saw more then, than I ever have in the Sims games.

It's just "suggestive" giggling and animations under covers/behind doors/hidden by steam or effervescent water... No actual graphic scenes.

The most risqué so far is probably the hot tub one, but that comes in a Stuff Pack, not the Base Game.

Hot tub animation:

https://youtu.be/4xG-PR4WdlI
    Post edited by SimStaffJessica on
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    If the "woohoo" option is the only reason you won't allow your tween to play the game, that's just sad... you can't even see anything when they do it... *sigh* this generation is going to be completely sheltered if parents keep this up. I started playing The Sims when I was 10 years old.

Parents are more lax and ratchet these days. I would honestly say the youth of today is getting worse. One concerned parent isn't that big of a deal.

Anyways, @weslowsk, you can try the cheat @dekay suggested but you have to do it every time you play and your not going to be around for everytime your kid plays.

Your kid is a tween and I bet dollars to donuts they already know what sex is. Most likely they've watched it a couple times on your computer already . The woohoo in the game is really tame. In bed, it's just shaking sheets and fireworks. There's a couple other places to do it like in the hot tub, rockets, and saunas. You never see any action. But if you can't handle that, than I wouldn't suggest buying it.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • AslylAslyl Posts: 50 Member
    I had the sims 3 when I was in fifth grade and grew up with no problems, despite not having woohoo disabled.
    I think it's great that you're concerned for your kid and all but there's worse things out there then a very censored "suggestive" scene.
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Any censorship I can provide to my child is welcome. In this world if grows up loving others and knowing the value of his mind body and soul then I feel I succeeded. @weslowsk as a long time player of sims with cheats. I do not recommend depending on them to work all the time and or stay effective. Sadly if your tween goes to public school they already have an idea how babies are made.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I just applaud you as a parent who's actually looking into what their child is playing! :smiley: I started playing around my tweens if I remember correctly. But that was with the sims 1, so no woohoo. But it wasn't long after I switched to sims2 with woohoo and it wasn't a problem because of how I was raised. I mean, I understood what "woohoo" was but I also only ever saw it as a game and not how to live. That's just me though, I was always creative and took things like games and toys as just that, using them for my own creative pursuits. Everyones different though.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Woohoo is the least of your worries. I used to kill my sims in every possible way when I was a tween. And it didn't matter, because it wasn't real. My actions in a game don't determine my beliefs and values in the real world.

Anyway, as others have said, it won't make much of a difference, just a missing feature. Happy simming!
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    I'm only slightly older than a tween, and I can assure you, there isn't anything in the game that will in any way normalise the 'real life woohoo'. As has been said, the animations are in no way explicit.
    I admire your concern, it's good that you're looking out for your kid. Have you thought of playing the game with your child sometimes? My mother and I play together occasionally, and I must say it's helped us understand each other. Trust me, it's a game the entire family can play!
    Have a nice day :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hit Shift + Ctrl + C to open the cheat box while in game.
    Then type:

testingcheats true

then hit 'enter'

and type:

debug.enable_woohoo [false]

Here is a video of how the "woohoo" looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9NfQWQQtw

If you use the cheat, it means your sim or the player won't see the option to "woohoo". That's it, but you have to key in this cheat every time you get in the game, I believe.

That video is a bit old, it seems like they updated woohoo animations after that. Now there are fireworks and feathers flying. You still don't see anything, but there are more effects than just hearts floating.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I don't see the big deal? You can't even see them woohoo. Your tween probably knows exactly what woohoo is anyway.

But if you're very intent on removing this everyday, normal part of life from the game, it wouldn't make a difference to the gameplay. Woohoo just simply wouldn't be an option. And you would have to input the cheat every time your kid wants to play.

You really don't have the right to tell someone how to raise their kid. Seriously. She asked a question, answer it or not but don't tell her she's wrong to do what she's doing.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Worrying about the woohoo interaction but not about Sims being mean and getting into fights for example is in my honest opinion one thing that is very wrong about our society.
    You can kill your Sims in countless ways, yet having some fun under the blanket worries people... I seriously do not understand.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I play the sims since I was about ten years old what's the big deal?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    Woohoo is the least of your worries. I used to kill my sims in every possible way when I was a tween. And it didn't matter, because it wasn't real. My actions in a game don't determine my beliefs and values in the real world.

Anyway, as others have said, it won't make much of a difference, just a missing feature. Happy simming!

Are you serious? Making my sims ghosts was the most awesome thing when I was a kid XD Ghosts are still one of my favorite lifestages.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I play the sims since I was about ten years old what's the big deal?

IKR. I've been playing since I was 8. When "playing" in bed was a thing in the game. But it's the OP's choice, no matter how weird it sounds to us lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I hope after posting some of the 'woohoo' videos, OP will see that it's pretty harmless and almost funny. If all, I would say they music that plays is awkward (to me at least, haha), but that's about it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2015
    I encourage you to review the rating (ESRB or the appropriate rating house for your country) for TS4, OP if you haven't already.

While woohoo can be disabled there may be other gameplay elements you deem inappropriate for your child.

I'm not sure if disabling woohoo disables "flirty" interactions or a sim's desire to woohoo. Disabling woohoo also limits sims ability to have biological children, unless you create them at the beginning of your game in CAS or use the CAS cheat to add biological children later. Sims can always adopt, of course.

Here's a very rough montage I made awhile back of some woohoo and romantic or flirty interactions in the game. I don't know how many of these would be available after using the disable woohoo cheat.
    https://youtu.be/D1UFGGAHHio
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Woohoo is nothing but too sims rolling around doing nothing..theres nothing to actually see. You might as well wait to buy the game until shes a full teenager cause the game is for teens. It would be a lot fairer for her so she can do anything she pleases in the game without restrictions.
    giphy.gif

• weslowskweslowsk Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for all the comments. I wasn't expecting a debate about to disable or not to disable woohoo; rather, I was just looking for the facts so I could factor it into my decision. That said, the debate was a lot more respectful than I've seen on other discussion forums, so, thank you for that...I appreciate all points of view.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top