Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If toddlers came back...

I was thinking. If EA put toddlers in the game, it would finally stop a lot of complaining in the sim community.
Toddlers has its fun moments, but does it really destroy the game not having them?
So, once they are implemented, what will be the next massive complaint?

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jinerator wrote: »
    Toddlers has its fun moments, but does it really destroy the game not having them?
    For some people, yes.

I find families with children borderline unplayable because of toddlers' absence. The infant-to-child transition is too jarring and unsettling for me. I thought I'd adjust to it, but I didn't. So, I stuck to adult-only households for a while, but I missed the fun of raising children from cradle to graduation. However, since I came get past the infant-to-child transition, I'm stuck.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points, but there will always being something 'missing' be it cars, Open World and even the 'feel' that some players say is missing.

Sure, they can add toddlers, but would it really be the life boat that TS4 needs?

I somehow think not

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    No, please. I.DO.NOT.WANT.TODDLERS.BACK.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points, but there will always being something 'missing' be it cars, Open World and even the 'feel' that some players say is missing.

Sure, they can add toddlers, but would it really be the life boat that TS4 needs?

I somehow think not

It probably won't, especially if toddlers are poorly done. Admittedly, I'm still amazed at how they managed to make infants more boring than previously. I expect by Sims 5, our sims will just give birth to 10-year-old children.

There will just be one life stage, adult and there would be a loading screen to walk between rooms but people will still buy it 'because it has The Sims name on it' ;)

:dizzy:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I was thinking. If EA put toddlers in the game, it would finally stop a lot of complaining in the sim community.

Yes. I think a large amount of simmers are very upset that we don't have toddlers yet. It's not a small feature. For some of us these are missing people, sims that we've had since TS2, sims we've had for years that are missing from our games. Like there has been some kind of evil mass toddler abduction in our towns. So yep. I think having our actual sims back, those little people that were part of our sim families, would end a big chunk of complaining.

It depends on the person. Some people aren't interested in toddlers. That's fine.

I wouldn't say it destroys the gameplay, for me personally. I can play, and do enjoy the game. However, sometimes I'm painfully aware of my missing toddlers. Like when a sim who should have one gets the wish to have a baby. My sims are in a kind of stasis, where their lives are sort of stuck in an earlier stage of their story, where their toddlers haven't been born yet (they have their older children). Until we get toddlers, I don't feel like I can move on with their stories, and it just won't do to have them jump straight from babies to children, because it misses out a big stage in their lives.

So, it's not a game breaker for me right at this moment... but it WILL be. Because my game can't develop until we get toddlers. I'm not going to wait around forever for them. There will be a point where I get tired of waiting and I stop buying TS4 products and go back permanently to TS3. I hope that doesn't happen because I do like how lively the sims are in TS4 and I think it will grow into the best in the series.

Well... there are other big complains people have about the game. And solving one issue doesn't mean you just sit back with your feet up and pat yourself on the back. There will be issues, there always are, and those issues will need to be addressed. That's life.

Also, complaining isn't always a negative thing. It's feedback, and it's feedback that is valuable to the developers because it helps them improve the game, or make decisions on future content. I don't think anyone will be shutting up and paying up anytime soon.
    edited November 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    You can age them up immediately. What's your problem?

There will be still toddlers around in the neighborhood (townie generation)?! And they have to waste so much resources to create them, ugh! I'd like to see something better. Like a beer, pardon juice keg.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

edited November 2015
    You can age them up immediately. What's your problem?

There will be still toddlers around in the neighborhood (townie generation)?! And they have to waste so much resources to create them, ugh! I'd like to see something better. Like a beer, pardon juice keg.
    Oh, joy. Alcohol and getting drunk. No thanks. I live with an alcoholic. That's more than enough.

Sorry, I find children much more joyful and pleasurable than drunk people, fiction and real.

ETA: Also, I hate the young adult stage, but that's included and all my worlds are teeming with them, so they can include toddlers too.
    Let's make a compromise. They take the YA stage out of the game and we don't get toddlers. Deal?

Let's make a compromise. They take the YA stage out of the game and we don't get toddlers. Deal?
    How is that a compromise??
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I have to disagree with you.
    As much as i would like to see them as well as preteens in the sims 4 I don't think it will stop complaining in the sim community.
    It will destroy it for some family play simmers.
    newborns,and teens were messed up for some of us to!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

How is that a compromise??

becuz of this:
    I hate the young adult stage

and

You hate YA, i hate toddlers.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

They didn't destroy the game for me but because I really love to play famillies I was pretty frustraded with this choice at the time and I'm honest when I say I still don't find muself enjoying this game at 100% without them. There's always that missing element in my sims game, in my sims's life that just frustrates me.

I still strongly want them regardless of how much time passed. Plus I'd like teens to have more teen stuff for them to do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited November 2015

I hope when (yeah not if I'm optimistic :D) they will add toddlers, they won't have the negative trait like in TS3. Aging them should not have any negative consequence in my mind, that way people who want challenging toddlers can train them, and others can just skip the age.

ETA : In TS2 there was no toddlers in the public spaces/community lots
    I very rarely see toddlers in public spaces in TS3. Plenty of children, but not toddlers.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2015
    I don't care whether theyre added or not. Im okay without them. I think the next thing is open world or multiplayer. But I don't think either will happen. So next, the usual "i want this expansion/seasons/university etc". After that, maybe asking for cars or restaurants.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    ETA : In TS2 there was no toddlers in the public spaces/community lots

I think with a certain expansion you were able to bring them along with your family, but maybe I'm wrong.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2015
    Depending on how they return, if they return well done, then hey bravo, but if not, They could very will destroy my game. to me they're like supernaturals, I want a toggle on them, just in case.

that or I should be allowed to do unspeakable horrid things to them.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Yes. I barely have families because the transition from baby to kid is just uncomfortable for me. I want to be able to teach toddlers how to walk, talk, etc. As annoying and stressful as it was back in TS2 and 3, it's just part of life. Now it feels awkward that they jump out of the crib and go to school. I feel pressured to age my Young Adults into Adults because it's like a 10 years later stage.
  • RMBLACKRMBLACK Posts: 14 New Member
    I am getting so sick of S4 already, i am ready to delete and go back to S3. What a disappointment.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Being a big family player who misses that life stage, especially while playing a particular save I'm on that I recreated from TS3, where I'm working my way through different generations, I've found myself to be on hold. I just can't play that save at the moment, knowing toddlers may someday return, and I'd have missed the opportunity to let my past generations experience that life stage.
    It's also just too big of a gap for me. The transition from a baby-object to an older child makes everything feel off.

So for now, I'll wait patiently and see if toddlers are added eventually, but if they're not, then I won't let it ruin the game for me. Yes, while family-playing, it would always feel like something is lacking, but if that's the way it has to be, I'll accept it.

So no, it would not destroy the game for me, but it would lack in that aspect for the rest of its time and beyond.
  • JinglebottomJinglebottom Posts: 37 Member
    The next complaint will probably be about the lack of llamas in a game that has promoted them as mascots for 14 years.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    After we get toddlers, I think the next complaints will be pets, seasons, and cars/garages.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    So, it sounds like if toddlers is added, it won't lower the amount of complaints, it will just create different ones.

Toddlers or not, I love the game. They are making new content so the game is only getting bigger. If toddlers are added, I'm sure it will be a unique expansion compared to the older games. If you are a person that is so upset that you are going back to an older version, just remember, at one time those games were "missing content from previous versions" as well. Give them time. I'm glad they are putting effort into their expansions rather than just cranking out unsatisfactory content.

The Sims 3 store is still open, so if you are one that is boycotting Sims 4 and are going back to Sims 3, I'm sure EA is ok with that too.

I guess I was more concerned with people's negativity, rather than using this as a universal brainstorming medium. Its an easy way to get your ideas and requests out in a positive way, rather than complaining that an old feature isn't in the game yet.

Remember when people refused to play because there were no pools? Remember when people complained that there were no dishwashers? Or lack of lots? Or lot size? To the negative people...stop acting like a toddler about there being no toddlers. Patience is a virtue.

To the gurus of Sims 4, if you are reading this, thank you for putting forth great effort to bring us a quality game. Some people may not appreciate what you are doing, but I do. I have loved the Sims games since the very first one, and I look forward to what you have in store!

By the way, awesome discussion guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top