Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which career would you add to The Sims 4?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think what we do have is satisfactory, but if I could add one, it'd be a politics or fame/shobiz career. Or the military career.

Here's a list of the past careers in the sims series:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_tracks
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'd add a veterinarian career track. I've always wanted that one.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Ghost Hunter
    We-need-more-active-careers.
    No more fade off the lot garbage.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I'd love vet too, but not til we have pets. Maybe add that with the pets pack!!?!?!?!! I miss the stylist career as an active career. It was a fun way to upgrade townies. I honestly miss the active careers from sims 3. Was a lot of fun going to work and putting our fires or hunting ghosts. I feel like in a house of kids and working parents, I spend a lot of time waiting for them to come home.
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Fireman, Political, normal ones of the past. Would have added Law Enforcement but that (sort of) is in the GTW. Education was another of my favorite but was hard to achieve since it needed more friends than all of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    I would like fashion designer... being able to sew/own designer store would be fun :)
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Mine are actually Hobbies you can do as Jobs, Like Gardening and book crafting,

Magic Hunting, I want Teens to be able to do it too. I'm bored of Ghost Hunting alone, I want something else to capture with action. Could collect magical artifacts, and Capture supernatural Life States, sample DNA, drain them of their powers, and sell them and/or DNA to scientists.

Fashion designing would be cool, never really experimented with that, to be a seamstress and make a wave of new clothes. maybe we have to buy different kinds of fabrics in order to craft a new outfit.

Something Like Youtube
    Children and older, can do this. You can do any branch you want, Beauty (Fitness, Cosmetics, Fashion), Entertainment (Comedy, Gaming, Music, Short film)

When magic comes, I know people will be already able to do this with Get to Work but, Create a magic shop. I would definitely do that, put out all the basic "Magical" items, in the front incase any mortals come into my store, but in the back room is where I keep all the real magic. the front is just for amateur humans.

For real careers.

I'd like so see Record Dealer
    along with Musical Performer
    I expect Multitasking used to it's fullest! I'm already seeing glimpse in Get Together. Dancing, Sing, Interacting with the audience at the same time. And gradually when my Singer becomes a level 10 or what ever, I want to see outstanding performances, I want to see my sim, how I see Beyonce.

Firefighting
    Police needs an upgrade, with real crimes. this game just needs more action.
    Politics I need a mayor in my towns, because I have a story, where some one plans to over throw the government, and all though my character hates him too, he uses his powers to save him.
    Banking, another story I have involves breaking into a bank.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CaseriaKCaseriaK Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like more non-active careers. I almost never play the active careers, as they take away too much time from the rest of the family.

I'd love the possibility to be a vet too.
    Or a lawyer, teacher, daycare or kindergarten teacher, social worker (or something of that nature), carpenter (or another handiness-related job), baker and a lot more, that I can't remember right now.

I'd also like more jobs for teens :)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Definately more active careers. My most wanted is farmer.
  • Options
    tweetykbj93tweetykbj93 Posts: 61 Member
    Education or Farmer
    Tweetykbj93
  • Options
    Selarono wrote: »
    I'd love vet too, but not til we have pets. Maybe add that with the pets pack!!?!?!?!!
    I'm hoping! If we get a Pets expansion, I want a veterinarian career track and rabbits included as pets we can keep.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Maybe bring back the fire fighter profession? I like the military one as well.

Or a profession that deals with antiques?
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I think what we do have is satisfactory, but if I could add one, it'd be a politics or fame/shobiz career. Or the military career.

Here's a list of the past careers in the sims series:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_tracks

Veterinarian
    Ghost hunter
    Firefighter
    Daycare
    Marine biologist
    Paleontologist
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I hope for more common, everyday type jobs. I really want Teachers, Grocery Store Manager, Clerks, Bag Boys, Retail jobs, Gardener, Fire Fighter.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My list at the moment, being in world-populating mode:
    - Educators and Child Care Workers - but active, with an Active Elementary and High School option for kids and teens
    - Manufacturing Workers and Engineers
    - part-time adult jobs (it would be nice not to need a mod for that, and for the jobs to be more adult than teen)
    - Law
    - Politics and Community Organizing/Protest
    - Military
    - Team/Competitive Sports
    - Singing and Acting/Directing
    - object design - Interior Decorating, Architecture, Floral Design, Hairdressing, ...
    - Farmer - but in a full-on farming GP/EP
    - being one of the game's Maids, Bartenders, Retail Employees, Mail Deliverers, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I'd also like pediatrician and school nurse, though I guess those are too close to doctor.
  • Options
    mypugrocks3mypugrocks3 Posts: 184 Member
    Maybe something like Rockstar/Popstar careers options along with Private Eye would be nice or a comic book store option!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Vet career
    Acting
    Singing (would be cool if sims recorded msic in a studio like in Superstar)
    Illusionist Career
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Astronomer!!!! I've always dreamed of being one myself, I'd love to see it in The Sims one day! <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    My list at the moment, being in world-populating mode:
    - Educators and Child Care Workers - but active, with an Active Elementary and High School option for kids and teens
    - Manufacturing Workers and Engineers
    - part-time adult jobs (it would be nice not to need a mod for that, and for the jobs to be more adult than teen)
    - Law
    - Politics and Community Organizing/Protest
    - Military
    - Team/Competitive Sports
    - Singing and Acting/Directing
    - object design - Interior Decorating, Architecture, Floral Design, Hairdressing, ...
    - Farmer - but in a full-on farming GP/EP
    - being one of the game's Maids, Bartenders, Retail Employees, Mail Deliverers, etc.

I want all this!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OP what we have are totally not enough.
    I need to give my Sims some normal jobs.
    No super hero ones or out of this world jobs.

I need jobs with high income and some with low income.

The game already has so many skills that are not utilized in jobs.

For example why Spa Day did not give us Yoga instructor and masseur jobs?

They added the repairman. It would have been awesome if this was a job too, same thing for mailman, maid etc..
    These are all jobs I would love to give my Sims.

Outdoor retreats did not give us the job of a tour or a guide. Why?

Now Get Together will be released with DJ and dancing skills but no DJ and choreographer jobs!!

When it comes to jobs there is too many missed opportunities. I'm not into DJ skill but I would happily use it if this was for the sim's job.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I would add designer,firefighter,waiter,and teacher. :smile:
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I think for the sims 4 base game it's satisfactory. It'd be cool though to add 1 new careers with a game pack, and 3 with an expansion. Like you said, with outdoor retreats, having a tour or guide career would make sense and be a nice addition.

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    I think for the sims 4 base game it's satisfactory. It'd be cool though to add 1 new careers with a game pack, and 3 with an expansion. Like you said, with outdoor retreats, having a tour or guide career would make sense and be a nice addition.

I am not talking about quantity of jobs but the kind. Many jobs that we have are out of this world. I want normal jobs. The astronaut, the space smuggling thing etc these I don't see them suitable for any of my sims. Too out of world. I want a teacher, a nurse, an architect, a maid etc
    giphy.gif