Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't I edit my first page of discussion?

It looks like any kind of feedback about the forum has vanished so hopefully a guru will see this who maintains the forum.

I run a contest (which encourages the use of your SP,EP,GP's btw) and I need to update the first page for new challenges, but it won't let me edit. It just goes to an approval black hole. Can you fix this?
iTvMKZ8.jpg

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Im having the same problem that I cant edit the first page of any of my comp threads
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Just noticed I cannot edit the first post of my challenge thread either, nor can I update the title. I only get the “Your discussion will appear after it is approved” message.

Not sure who to tag to get this information to someone who can correct this issue. @SimGuruDrake, would this be something under your purview?
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    My Profile didn´t update since three days ago. So this only doesn´t affect to Threads, but to Profiles too.
    Please fix the forums !! Thank you !!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    It want let me post any thing long at all or with links in it. I have tried to add my post to a comment I already posted and it deletes that comment when I do post in it. I also tried posting just part of a comment with links an no luck. It seems as if they are not allowing links or the link part of posting is messed up. It says that error "will post when approved". I know that the site has been messed up badly as we at DNA are having trouble with the post not appearing that have been there for ages! Its like they are wiped clean. Please EA Fix The Forums!!! We Love Posting Our Stuff!!
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread! I'm having the same issue with every post of my thread that includes url's. When I attempt to edit I get an error message, 'Comment not found. The comment you were looking for could not be found.' and then the post has been deleted! My Open Requests and Finished Request posts are now MIA. I'm so frustrated with this. I hope this is corrected soon, because our request team relies heavily on url's to keep things organized. Thanks again.
    SLpPUp.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yes...now every post will not allow me to put pics. It's not happening to everyone. I guess EA doesn't care.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Pretty nasty problem, it doesn't even seem to matter how old the post is you want to edit, it just deletes it happily. And I usually don't keep backups of everything I posted (though I clearly should)...
    I'm not even sure how to contact the customer support here, but I guess I have to find out now.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited November 2015
    This is crazy, last night I lost posts to the black hole too :(

ANYONE > > > >>
    Post edited by Liziann1 on
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, this is really annoying. Came back after a year to find out that they've somehow completely broken the forum that has always worked fine. Can't update my front page showcase thread at all, and a lot of my pictures have deleted themselves :(.

Even worse to see that the admins who fix the forums seem to be completely ignoring all of the feedback. Not sure if this means they are planning to close the forums in the near future or something :( ; but hopefully this isn't the case.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited November 2015
    TheMatteo0 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is really annoying. Came back after a year to find out that they've somehow completely broken the forum that has always worked fine. Can't update my front page showcase thread at all, and a lot of my pictures have deleted themselves :(.

Even worse to see that the admins who fix the forums seem to be completely ignoring all of the feedback. Not sure if this means they are planning to close the forums in the near future or something :( ; but hopefully this isn't the case.

I don't think that they are ignoring the feedback, it's just that EA may had a skeleton staff this past week as this past Thursday was Thanksgiving Day for the States and I do believe that must of the SimGuru's/SimStaff had a long holiday leave. I believe they did the same thing last year around this time of the year... :)

And as for some of the SimGuru's names listed in the post in this page, SimGuruGrant hasn't been back on the forums since last year in September, SimGuruHydra isn't a SimGuru anymore as she stepped down from that position last year in September and she has it posted on her page. And the other ones with the exception of SimGuruRusskii hasn't yet been on this new site yet. So they may not even be SimGuru's anymore or may not even be with EA since EA had closed down some of their offices not located in CA. I do believe that it's @SimGuruDrake who looks out for the forums now... ;)

Edit to say that I'm wondering if it might be a browser issue as I use IE and had edit an old thread that I made last year to add some more pictures and comments on.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited November 2015
    ^^I had considered this could be a browser issue as well, since the problem with being unable to see italics seems to affect only Chrome users.

I did try to edit my thread's first post with both Chrome and Firefox and got the same “Your discussion will appear after it is approved” message, so I assumed it must be a site error. I never tried IE though.

ETA: Using IE now... nice to be able to see italics. However, I was still unable to update my post and got the same message that it needs approval.

I haven't had anything get deleted, but I know of several people who have. :/ Hopefully when the holiday break is over, a fix can be found.
    It's not a browser issue. It's a thread issue. Some of my threads work, some don't.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yes, I am having the same problem. I tried not picking either choice to cancel or save the first time and lost my post from months ago with all its links in it. The second time it happened, I tried cancel. I think the latest maintenance that occured with the last patch option truly messed up something else that had always worked well.
    I tried to quote a post on the first page of my new thread today. The quote didn't work. I went to the old thread and was able to quote a post. They are both in the same forum and I was of course using the same browser.

I was able to use a work around by manually typing in quote=name in brackets before the copied text and closing it with /quote in brackets at the end.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Maybe they're killing some more buttons and it broke something. After all, loads of people are abusing the Insightful button.
    Well, when you no longer have an agree button, but you don't LIKE that problems are occuring... which button would you click to show support?
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Well, when you no longer have an agree button, but you don't LIKE that problems are occuring... which button would you click to show support?

Well said @ciane !!

Who cares? Where are the SimGurus now?
    edited December 2015
    Kind of annoyed that after 11 or so days since this has started to occur, the forum administrators/mods/gurus haven't returned to fix/address the issue or even reply to the problem :(. Not sure about other game specific forums, but most of those I am a member of (particularly official ones) normally respond to all issues within one day, possibly two at the most, even if it then takes longer for them to fix.

It doesn't really say many positive things about the Sims (and company, which host the forums) commitment to the community if these major issues on the official forums are just completely ignored or brushed under the carpet as if they didn't happen. :( If they want to retain a strong community, there are clearly heavily understaffed to do so- I can't think of any other forum of this calibre where there is effectively only one member of active stuff (and to say active there is even a dubious statement).

I guess, if the issue persists I must ask- are there any popular unofficial forums for the Sims, where people regularly share their lots/screenshots for others to see (like the showcase I have here, but can no longer edit)?
    Kind of annoyed that after 11 or so days since this has started to occur, the forum administrators/mods/gurus haven't returned to fix/address the issue or even reply to the problem :(. Not sure about other game specific forums, but most of those I am a member of (particularly official ones) normally respond to all issues within one day, possibly two at the most, even if it then takes longer for them to fix.

It doesn't really say many positive things about the Sims (and company, which host the forums) commitment to the community if these major issues on the official forums are just completely ignored or brushed under the carpet as if they didn't happen. :( If they want to retain a strong community, there are clearly heavily understaffed to do so- I can't think of any other forum of this calibre where there is effectively only one member of active stuff (and to say active there is even a dubious statement).

I guess, if the issue persists I must ask- are there any popular unofficial forums for the Sims, where people regularly share their lots/screenshots for others to see (like the showcase I have here, but can no longer edit)?

There is Sims VIP forum. I've never been there, but if we make a mass exodus, I would follow! We could rally together somehow.

This does worry me about the health of The Sims franchise. I remember playing (and loving) The Sims Social--was heavily involved in designing and invested lots of money and poof. It was gone in a matter of months with no warning (otherwise I would have stopped buying new objects.) All of that is down the drain and I can't even play any of the items I bought.

Will The Sims go that way? I hope not but this slow and methodical apathy is glaring. First, the gurus stopped having their monthly chats. Then they stopped having their story contest. And now only one guru ever comes in here to update us on the latest patch. What's going on? Have they laid off gurus so those who used to come here are so busy, they don't have time for the forum? Yipes.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @SimGuruDrake could we please get some kind of reply or feedback on what is going on with the forums? It is kind of disappointing that we have had no response on these issues as they dont seem to be getting fixed.
    We would appreciate some kind of answer.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Joining in here with the same problem. I can't
    starguru wrote: »
    Just noticed I cannot edit the first post of my challenge thread either, nor can I update the title. I only get the “Your discussion will appear after it is approved” message.

Not sure who to tag to get this information to someone who can correct this issue. @SimGuruDrake, would this be something under your purview?

This is exactly what I get. I was trying to update my builds thread and I can't.
    edited December 2015
    I'm not sure if this is the whole/general problem- but I have managed to (after extensive testing and editing) identify the issue which stopped me from editing the first page and triggering the 'post awaiting approval' glitch message. Hopefully this may help some of you, even if it isn't a general fix :).

I found the issue was something which had previously worked fine, but now seemed to be glitched and couldn't be re-posted into any new post, or edited in any other post. It was the syncing between a "word" (in my case "Download") and the url which I had linked that word to (in my case a link to the gallery).

I found that by editing my post to remove all the url linked words and then placing the url link after the word, I was able to fix my problem and edit my posts as normal :).
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Thanks for the info @TheMatteo0, I also found that if my photobucket was hosting the image url's mine or the link url's it would get the glitched or delete the post. I started hosting my image url's an link url's with another site and have not had any problems with the glitch since... I hope I never do again. It is a headache.
    edited December 2015
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @TheMatteo0, I also found that if my photobucket was hosting the image url's mine or the link url's it would get the glitched or delete the post. I started hosting my image url's an link url's with another site and have not had any problems with the glitch since... I hope I never do again. It is a headache.

Yeah, actually I had the same issue. Most of mine weren't from Photobucket; but I switched a few of the ones which were out during the process of sorting things out, so that is probably another cause of the issue.
    Thank you. I will try these fixes!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg