Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sharing is good" lottery!! - CLOSED! WINNERS PICKED! :) pls come & check!

duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hello everyone! B) hope u all doing good!

I know i know lotto's name is.... well ha ha ! what can i say i am absolutely terrible at finding names/titles..
Can change the title , i am open to better ideas! :blush:

I have been always supported by generous & kind simmers at this community. I really enjoyy creating things & sharing with my friends but upto this point i was unable to hold a lottery with simpoints...

unfo due to where i reside in,m i am unale to buy simpoints through site & also simpointcards are not avaliable at my country either..
yep i know there are commercial videos provide simpoints but those are extremely rare for me too ^.^"

what changed is EA glitch due to update of site... somehow i re-registered my sims 3 and World Adventures ep so i can redeem free simpoints!! O.o"
yep it spook me but i had managed ;) sooo i decided to show the kindness to this community whom supported me from the beginning with kindness & generosity :))

sorry for long intro but i just wanted to give a small background info & explain why this lottery important to me as well as wanted to express my gratitude all simmer friends out there :))

<3o:) Now let's come to fun part!!!

this lottery has two parts to join..

1) share a pic of ur sim doing something good/generous/helpful to other Sim :)
not out of duty but because it comes from heart ;)

* thank you @Ciane for the great idea ;)

Can post upto 3 pics..

2)Share a small good memory of yours where you feel big gratitude to the other person/s & express ur gratitude :)

Plus i would be happy if you can share some good & inspiring videos/songs/quotes/pics..etc
Totally optional , just for fun!! :#

Last date to join : 07th of December 2015 // 19:00 ( utc+2)
due to problems at site/forums and also busy period, decided to extend for one more week!

Rules & prizes here

Entry form here

Entries here

Winners here

Question & answers here

Hope we can have fun!! <3

WeDontStopPlaying.jpg

883474.png
Post edited by duyguugudur on

Comments

• duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited December 2015
    Rules

1) Winners will be picked by "random.org"

2) You can nominate yourself & one other person
    3) If you own the store you can nominate 2 person
    4) For each person there have to be a saparate entry

5) Wishlist must be "clean" to enter successfully
    6) winners can share the simpoints , but wl of the said person have to be clean again

7) please be nice to everyone here , no rudeness is allowed!
    we are all here to share good & positive things, in the world there are many ugliness unfortunately so we need more good feelings & energy in our lives & forums! ;)
    8) If insulting / rude post is detected, i have right to remove the said simmer from lottery.

9) Winners will be picked latest 11th december (sorry my schedule is hectic that's why i give a large time span)
    9) After winners picked, if the winners donot claim their prizes within week without any valid reason like illness...etc, new drawing will be done

EDIT: I noticed some simmers mightnot aware what is "clean" wl..
    Hence i had take some info from @anettesb 's thead here..
    She is awesome & i hope she won't mind i used the explantion;

So what is a Squeaky clean wish list?
    A clean wish list have no doubles on it, that means you don’t have both the set, the sub-set the compilation set and the single item on your list! It means any item will only be on your list 1 time, in any form.
    It also means that you, to be fair, don’t have a set on your list, if you own a single item already, just put all the single items on the list, and before you know it theres a chance you can get the set for free with complete a set
    A wish list that isn’t clean is what @anettesb calls messy, so do i ;)

Why is it so important to keep it clean?
    Put simply to avoid double purchase, and the hazel with customer support to, maybe get the points back (that is hardly ever possible)
    “many people think they are helping gifters by having the choice of single item, subset, comp set all on their wl's, so that if someone can't afford the big set, it gives them the option to buy a smaller one or parts of. But they all need to know that this only confuses gifters due to EA not setting things up right. I mean it should be set up so that if you choose 1 thing the other can't be added, or if one is gifted they other can't be, but EA is greedy and doesn't care, therefore gifters shy away from these double wl's. I mean I have seen dozens with both versions of sunlit tides on their wl's, and this is simply unexceptable ”
    Quote @TnT_Terry

Prizes

there will be 4 winners

1st winner : 1000 pts - gifted by @TnT_Terry
    2nd winner: 750 pts - gifted by @friday027
    3rd winner: 500 pts - gifted by @Hidehi
    4th winner: 350 pts - gifted by me
    5th winner: 250 pts - gifted by @friday027
    6th winner: 200 pts -gifted by @Cabelle1863

the rest of 1150 pts will be used by random gifting by me & @Hidehi !

*Sponsors are very welcomed in case of interest! o:)

SPONSORS

Sneaky ninja @TnT_Terry sponsored 1000 pts!! thank you!!
    thanks you very much @friday027 for sponsoring 1000 pts!! Thank you!!
    thank you @Cabelle1863 for sponsoring 150 points! :)
    thank you for @Hidehi to sponsor 1000 pts!! :)

EDIT: Guys this means the total prize is 4200 pts!!! :D Means everyone joins will definitely something, more than small :))
    It will be nice all people joined to have items 25-50 pts goodie in their wl ;)
    edited November 2015
    Entry Form

Name/Nominee:
    Link to wishlist:
    share your memory please:
    pic/s :

For each person there have to be saperate entry ;)

:) - entry is not fully completed
    :smiley: - entry completed
    <3 - has clean WL
    :'( - WL need to be cleaned
    edited December 2015
    Entries

cheer-welcome-still-770x433.jpg

1) @VioletHorse - entry here :)<3
    2) @Franny - entry here :smiley:<3
    3) @StephSteb (nominated by @Franny ) :smiley:<3
    4) @StephSteb - entry here :)<3
    5) @GITTE2001 - entry here :smiley:<3
    6) @SjappielovePaul - entry here :)<3
    7) @Teanias - enty here :smiley:<3
    8) @AMofOz - entry here :smiley:<3
    9) @AMofOz (nominated by @AlphaFen ) - entry here :smiley:<3
    10) @shayleajay (nominated by @AMofOz ) - entry here :)<3
    11) @lilhunny - entry here :smiley:<3
    12) @amaresity - entry here and here :):'(
    13) @HausOfSuper - entry here :smiley:<3
    14) @ladydarkmoon24 - entry here :)<3
    edited December 2015
    WINNERS

and-the-winners-are.jpg

1) @GITTE2001
    2) @AMofOz
    3) @SjappielovePaul
    4) @Franny
    5) @AMofOz (nominated by @AlphaFen )
    6) @HausOfSuper

no worries, others will definitely be gifted a well!! B)

CONGRATS!! <3
    edited November 2015
    pol_wgl_01.jpg

orkut_goodluck_scraps_comments13.gif

NOW OPEN!!! <3:D
    edited November 2015
    Questions & Answers

Q) Can it be an old photo that I have used in another contest?
    A) Sure :) aim is to have fun & share joy!
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Can it be an old photo that I have used in another contest??

hello @VioletHorse , yep it can be :)

the aim is sharing some fun & good pics! :#
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    :mrgreen: What a great concept! I love it. I love all the different options! Awesome!
    ciane wrote: »
    :mrgreen: What a great concept! I love it. I love all the different options! Awesome!

*embrassed* thank you Ciane! Hope all simmers really have fun and we can create an positive & heartwarming thread together!!

thank you for the idea as well!

Maybe u can join as well?

Is it ok if I copy and paste the story from the other contest?? It will be a whole lot faster then going back and forth on the typing.

• TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    BOO! You thought you could sneak in here without zee Ninja
    kitty seeing you? You thought WRONG! muuuuuuuuhahahahahaha!
    me tinks you need to add another 1,000 to zee pot :p
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    BOO! You thought you could sneak in here without zee Ninja
    kitty seeing you? You thought WRONG! muuuuuuuuhahahahahaha!
    me tinks you need to add another 1,000 to zee pot :p

MY bad!! lol :smiley:

soo happy to see you here @TnT_Terry !! I am delighted & honoured tt you want be be part of this lottery!!

Thank you very much!! Hugs xxx
    edited November 2015
    Name/Nominee: @VioletHorse
    Link to wishlist: in siggy
    share your memory please: I will get back to this.
    pic/s : Here is the story as well.
    Miss Rein runs an orphanage in Bridge port in a small home. She has her hands full with five toddles and two kids. She loves the outdoors and so do the kids but it has become really unsafe for them to even leave the house because of all the drunk people, thieves, and there are no more nice parks for the kids to play in. Miss Rein has had the last straw of this town but she does not know where to move. A friend told her about Hidden Springs. It has big open fields, a big house for the kids and no drunk people. So Miss Rein plans on moving to Hidden Springs when she gets enough money, whitch she hope is really soon.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    (sorry if I misspelled any words)
    When Miss Rein found out she did not have enough money to move to Hidden Springs,she started looking online for a better place to live in.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    She knew it had to be big enough for two kids and five toddles.
    (about Miss Rein)
    When Miss Rein was a little younger she had a pet cat,Missy.Sadly Missy ran away and Miss Rein was heartbroken.But when Miss Rein went outside to lock the gate,guess who was standing at the gate??Missy!!!!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Miss Rein was so happy to have Missy back.Then an idea hit her...she went back online and did some searching..
    screenshot_original.jpg
    BINGO!!!! Miss Rein found the house she grow up in!! It was in bad shape but with the money she saved she could buy it and fix it up.She quickly e-mail the real-astate saying she would like to buy it.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Miss Rein know it would be a perfect place for the sisters to grow up in since they lost their parents in a car crash.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    And a perfect place for the twins since they were dropped at her front door when they were only a for hours old.The black toddler in the background was found in a dumpster.Miss Rein brought him to her home and cared for him.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Miss Rein also knew it would be a very special place for the little cowboy and his mare,Kind Soul, he lost when his home burned down.Kind Soul was able to run away before she was trapped in the burning barn.She found her way to her little cowboy master some how.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    With happy thoughts in every ones heads,they all slept very peace fully.The boy toddler wearing red pj's lost his parents at sea.Miss Rein gladly took him under her roof.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    They are all hoping and dreaming that the real-astate will say yes and let Miss Rein buy her old home.

Hope you like the story. :wink:
    I was able to get the little cowboy's,Nick,story.

The Davis's were a very happy family.Their was Max Davis,Mary Davis,Nick Davis and Kind Soul.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Max and Mary were very happy the way things were.Enought money to buy what every one needed and a few things every one wanted.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Nick loved his mare,Kind Soul,very much.If any one tried to harm her,he would protect her.Kind Soul loved her little master every since she first saw him as a tiny baby.Kind Soul was Max's faithful mare but Max knew his son,Nick,would need a faithful friend so Max gave Kind Soul to Nick on his fourth birthday.They do every thing together now.
    But one night while Nick was at a friends house for a sleepover,a fire started in the house.Mary and Max tried putting it out but it spreaded to fast.Mary was trying to save her favorite photos but the flames found her and took her in a few seconds.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Max was out in the barn trying to get Kind Soul out because the wind took the fire to the barn.Kind Soul was able to get out but Max was trapped and died in a few seconds.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    (they had a fire place in the barn for the very cold winters)
    When the firefighters got to the house,there was nothing left but two big ash piles.(one for the house and one for the barn)
    They could not find Kind Soul because she ran away to find her little master.Nick ran away to another town hoping to find a new home.Miss Rein found him in an alley and took him home.Nick told her what happened and Miss Rein put an ad in the newspaper and online to help find Kind Soul.A few weeks later Nick saw Kind Soul at the gate of Miss Rein's home.Nick was so happy to see his mare again and Kind Soul was glad to have found her little master.Miss Rein said Kind Soul could stay.The other children would love having Kind Soul around to play with.

Is it ok if I copy and paste the story from the other contest?? It will be a whole lot faster then going back and forth on the typing.

hello as long as you keep the entry format, i cannot see why not?
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Name: Me (Franny :D)
    Link to wishlist: My Wishlist

Act of Kindness Picture:

Bebedadeh-32_zpsd86s8wqr.jpg?t=1447857357

Act of Gratitude Picture:

88b4479d-3925-4a93-b73a-91c8c3ed467b_zpsdvorhk3v.png

Nominee: @StephSteb
    Link to wishlist: Her Wishlist

Act of Kindness Picture:

10556c8c-3b76-4bdc-ae9e-3ff1c40be6ac_zps9ap7wom1.png

Act of Gratitude Picture:

screenshot-672_zpspbjvzhfg.jpg?t=1447857641

This is a unique contest, @duyguugudur! I love it. :)
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Thank you for the nomination @Franny <3 This looks like a great contest. I love the idea behind it @duyguugudur I will see what I can put together for it <3
    36.jpg
    Did. Thx @Franny
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd love to sponsor a 3rd place winner! :smiley:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2015
    Here is another contest, @equuest..
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    @VioletHorse , waow such a lovely story & entry!!! :)

Thank you very much for joining! I am waiting for your warm memory to share to complete ur entry ..

Hmm now i noticed that asking sharing personal memories might be a bit uncomfortable soo it doesnt have to be your own memory but it might be something moving & warm thing you had witnessed or maybe a true story you read or saw in news?

Also you can enter for 1 more person! :) everyone has 2 entry chance! ;)

wish you an awesome day!
    @Franny hello!! Thank you for entring, tugging as well as ur nomination! :))

very nice pics! Can you also share with us a memory of yours which warms ur heart when you think about it?
    Or if it is too personal and makes you uncomfortable, you can share a moment you witnessed around you or a true story you had read somewhere or maybe news you saw?

@StephSteb , u are awesome!! loved that puppy!! looking forward for ur entries.. :)
    I'd love to sponsor a 3rd place winner! :smiley:

thank you @Cabelle1863 !! :))

since new sponsors arrived , prizes changed but you want to contribute 150 pts right? which is now 5th winners prize.. soo still interested? o:)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ok, here is my official entry. Thanks again, @Franny for the nomination <3

Name: Stephsteb

Link to wishlist: Here Is My Wishlist

Share your memory please: When my husband first joined the Navy, we were very poor. We were just starting out in life and had a toddler son. When I say Ramen noodles and Koolaid were our diet for the first couple years of our life together, I am not kidding. That's what we lived on. It just so happened that he comes from a HUGE family and his grandmother was the matriarch. The first time I met her, and she was very important to my husband, I knew INSTANTLY that we would get along. She was hilarious and totally "got" me. We would talk for hours when we would go visit and called each other on the phone all of the time. When my husband would go out to sea, I would pack up the baby and our things and go and stay with his grandmother while he was gone. That woman taught me EVERYTHING! She taught me how to cook, she gave me priceless and excellent advice on raising children (she should know, she had 6 of her own!), and any time I needed a hug, she was right there. I loved all of the time I was able to spend with her. Unfortunately, she passed away a few years ago, and it hit me hard. However, she left me a letter that was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever written to me...thanking ME for being there for HER, when I knew it was the other way around. I am forever indebted and filled with gratitude for the relationship I had with my husband's grandmother. I miss her terribly some days, but I just pull out that letter and read it, have a good cry, and remind myself that I was very fortunate to have known her and had her in my life. While in those early years I may not have been rich in money, I was certainly rich in love and I will be forever grateful to her for that.

pic/s :

Here is my witch, Adria Bowie, using her powers for good by magically upgrading the bathtub to self-cleaning. If only I could do that in real life, LOL!

MNkdAD8.jpg

Here is a smile for you:

552311_392401580822204_1676743518_n.jpg
    Post edited by StephSteb on