Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Stories:

@Simslover163 has started a new story, Eternal Thirst for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Simslover163's Legacy Vault"!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @AdamsEve1231 for completing Interludes and Solitude for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Livin' a Simmin' Life"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Going Broke Challenge for Sims 4 by @anaitapeva that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Sig's Simblr"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Username:Bugsie2016
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index):Burton Legacy
    Reason for amendment: change in Updates and permissions to add new stories
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:*

Username:Bugsie2016
    Website/Blog/Channel Name:Burton Legacy & Other Stories
    Current site URL:https://bugsie2016blog.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916072/the-burton-legacy-updated-13-04-17/p1?new=1
    Additional information: Burton Legacy
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:YES
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: YES
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    Thank you @Bugsie2016 , your entry has been updated.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    @mastressalita It's my fault, really. My poster thingy was just to get people psyched up/know
    that season 4 of MURDER VALLEY SIMS will be coming soon.
    As soon as I'm done with the current season, which is almost over.

My bad. =(

New Stories:

@Julyvee94 has a new Let's Play, Captain America's Secret Mission: PlantSim Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "July Vee Gaming"!

@mypalsim1 has started a new story, Don't Ask, a Random Legacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Random Simming"!

@Opicana has started a new story, Brynn, a Random Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Crazy Cat Nerd"!

Returning Stories:

@xoxJennxox has restarted The Kilgore Legacy, a Super Speedy Rainbow Legacy Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Blood that Binds for Sims 4 by @cshaner that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Simfluence"!

Check out Once Upon a Legacy, a fairy-tale inspired legacy for Sims 3 by @Socallucyfan that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Sweets Legacy for Sims 4 by @Linzz that updated recently! You can find it in the index listing!

Polls:

@Sonschi is holding a poll for the Generation Two heir of the Valentine Legacy! If you'd like to participate, check it out here! She's also holding a poll for the next bachelor for a solo date in the Bachelorette Challenge! If you'd like to participate, check it out here!

Other News and Reminders:

IMPORTANT NOTE TO AUTHORS WITH EA FORUM-HOSTED STORIES: Many stories hosted on these forums now have broken images because the forums have changed backend coding to not allow images to be linked with a URL tag (this is because they now "forward" through a "You are now leaving the forums" buffer message, which is breaking the images and turning them into a text link instead). Many image sites include a link portion of coding in the code they automatically generate for use on other sites (so you'll click to view the image on Photobucket, Flickr, etc. directly... they want those clicks directly to their host!). You will need to edit your posts to remove:
    [url=URL HERE][/url]

This is usually surrounded AROUND the image portion of the code and is unnecessary to making your picture show up.

To get the images of your stories to display correctly, you must ONLY use the portion of the code that includes:
    [img]URL_TO_IMAGE.jpg[/img]

If your story is hosted on these forums, please check to see if your images are still displaying; if not, check your coding and make the edits above to get your pictures working again.

@thejennifer @Linzz @belpita
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Thank you so much for the shout out @mastressalita !!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Thank you so much. This will be such a pain to go through all my chapters, but luckily I'll actually have time this week!
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Thanks for mentioning my two polls :)
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ah - Thank you so much for letting us know what was going on with the pictures. I was all confused when I noticed mine were all broken. I'll have to decide what to do to fix them and which ones to fix.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Username: Vancanuckfan86
    Website/Blog/Channel name: CanuckSimmer Stories
    Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914638/the-life-and-times-of-maren-wilder-chpt-6-update-04-16-17#latest
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular - trying to go for weekly when time allows
    Additional information: My sarcastic take on what is happening in my game. 60-70% freewill to 30-40% me.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

@mastressalita Thanks for making this thread and organising the whole thing ;)
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Username: LillyDoves (Dove for short!)
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Dove Tellings
    Current site URL: http://dovetellings.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4 with expansions
    Update schedule:* Daily
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: Don't have one yet, I will update this form once I do have one though.
    Disclaimer: There will sexual references, alcohol and swear words in the story.
    Additional information: It's going to be entirely plot driven with me pulling most of the strings, they might have some free will!
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes, I do.
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes, I do.
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, you have my permission to add any new or old stories on my site. (There is only one story at the moment but in the future, yes please do add them to the index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited April 2017
    Update for Forum-hosted Stories:

The Gurus have listened to our pleas and removed the link-security causing the "You are now leaving the site" message, so images can now be linked with URL tags once again! This means that if you didn't have a chance to fix your images, your images should start displaying again. This also means that you can use the script codes from Photobucket, Imgur, et. al. that include the URL tags in them, you no longer have to "strip out" the URL tags and leave only the IMG tags in the coding.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Username: RubeySim
    Website/Blog/Channel name: RubeySims Stories
    Current site URL: https://rubeysimstories.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916255/rubeysims-stories
    Disclaimer: Some mature content
    Additional information: Rivera Legacy and Sullivan Tales
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.[/color
    Thank you @vancanuckfan86 , @LillyDoves , and @RubeySim , your stories have been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @LillyDoves , who is writing The Bay Family Chronicles for Sims 4!
    • @RubeySim , who is writing The Rivera Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @vancanuckfan86 , who is writing The Life and Times of Maren Wilder for Sims 4!

Please be sure to check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@Cade83 has started a new story, Just Starting Out for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "The Sims of Stories: A Collection of Sim Tales"!

@lanlyn has started two new stories, Mysterious Island and Mountain Lake for Sims 3! You can check them out from the index listing under "Simlish Fair"!

Returning Stories:

@camimh 's Project Unity, a sci-fi story for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check out it out from the index listing!

@emyprice95 's The Lemons Legacy for Sims 4 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "Nova Pixels"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the 100 Baby Challenge Let's Play series for Sims 4 by @Fudgsicle that updated recently! You can find it in the index listing under "Fudgsicle"!

Check out Gardening at Night for Sims 4 by @belpita that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out Island End 2, a dystopian Sims 3 story by @GaiaHypothesis that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Look What We Started"!

Milestones:

Congrats @AdamsEve1231 for completing Generation One of the Colt Family Traitacy for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Livin' a Simmin' Life"!

Congrats @Sonschi for completing Generation One of the Valentine Legacy, a Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Update for Forum-hosted Stories:

The Gurus have listened to our pleas and removed the link-security causing the "You are now leaving the site" message, so images can now be linked with URL tags once again! This means that if you didn't have a chance to fix your images, your images should start displaying again. This also means that you can use the script codes from Photobucket, Imgur, et. al. that include the URL tags in them, you no longer have to "strip out" the URL tags and leave only the IMG tags in the coding.

@mastressalita This is wonderful news, indeed! I wasn't affected but I know that many of my friends were. Thanks for all your hard work :)
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Username: LadyLana1

Website/Blog/Channel name: The Gipsy Legacy

Current site URL: https://gipsylegacy.wordpress.com/

Sims games featured: The Sims 4

Update schedule: Irregular atm, but at least weekly

Additional information: This is not a legacy challenge following Pinstar rules but more the tale of a family moving up in Sim world, slowly (or quickly) taking over.

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

Thank you @LadyLana1 , your story has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited April 2017

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @LadyLana1 , who is writing The Gipsy Legacy for Sims 4! Please check it out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@AkramA has started a new story, Montero Branch, a male-spin on the Amazon Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Castellon Legacy"!

@RubeySim has started a new story, Sullivan Tales, a Black Widow Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "RubeySims Stories"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the The Holmberg and Hilde Legacy for Sims 4 by @Blargian that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Features:

@RosemaryMariee has done an interview with Kat, author of Katbagal's Sims 3 Stories! You can check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @mastressalita for reaching her two year blogaversary! You can check it out here!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Thank you so much for mentioning the Colt Family Traitacy. I appreciate the shout-out, @mastressalita. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
    Username: nbgangelova

Website/Blog/Channel name: According To Plan

Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915908/

Update schedule:* Every 3-5 days (7 at maximum)

Disclaimer: Preferred reading age is 16+. There's censored cursing, minor drug use, and adult themes.

Additional information: The title of the story is "According To Plan" and will always be followed by the update date. This is a story that is actually game-based AND story-driven, so if something happens while I'm playing it will be included in the story.

Thank you @nbgangelova , your story is now listed in the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @nbgangelova , who is writing According to Plan for Sims 4! Be sure to check it out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@SubtleSimming has started two new stories, a Simself story that is currently following the Plantsim Challenge for Sims 4, Subtle Adventures, and a Bachelor Challenge for Sims 4 that is currently taking cast submissions, The Bachelor! You can check it out from the index listing under "SubtleSimming"!

Returning Stories:

@Piazzagirl1015 's Raven's Nest, a 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the Disney Legacy Challenge for Sims 4 by @mallmarr that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @LadyLana1 , who is writing The Gipsy Legacy for Sims 4! Please check it out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@AkramA has started a new story, Montero Branch, a male-spin on the Amazon Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Castellon Legacy"!

@RubeySim has started a new story, Sullivan Tales, a Black Widow Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "RubeySims Stories"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the The Holmberg and Hilde Legacy for Sims 4 by @Blargian that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Features:

@RosemaryMariee has done an interview with Kat, author of Katbagal's Sims 3 Stories! You can check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @mastressalita for reaching her two year blogaversary! You can check it out here!

New Sign-ups:

New Stories:

Random Shoutouts:

Features:

Milestones:

congrats mast. i wanted to drop by yesterday but allergies stopped me. one of my eyes refused to open.