Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    Thank you @alwaysimmingg and @SSDSSDSSD2 , your stories have been added to the index!

@SSDSSDSSD2 , Weebly doesn't have a subscription service to keep informed of updates like other hosts. Do you have a thread on this forum where you always post a notification when you post a new chapter? I like to have something I can subscribe to so I can follow updates for everyone that registers with the Stories and Legacies Index.

Just made a thread will edit my info.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2017
    New Entry Form:

Username:* illusie
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* Illusie's Creative Corner
    Current site URL:* http://illusie.weebly.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4 (some sims 3)
    Update schedule:* Daily new drifter challenge chapters, but irregular updates on main page
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum:
    Drifter Story thread on the forum http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914190/a-drifter-challenge-story-the-keller-family#latest
    Additional information: (e.g. Story titles featured on your site, any other information) (optional)
    Please list the following 2 stories under featured stories
    Drifter Challenge: The Keller Family http://illusie.weebly.com/drifter-challenge/the-keller-family-house-1-chapter-101
    Apartment Switch: Hill family http://illusie.weebly.com/apartment-switch/apartment-switch-hill

Maybe you can list the following stories under short stories. They are all completed, and don't have to be listed under features stories. Though One of them has 20 chapters, so I am not sure if that will still is considered for short stories.
    Sims 3 Dreams Do Come True 1: The Fabulous 4 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/560341/illusie-dreams-do-come-true-family-home-and-story
    Sims 3 Dreams Do Come True 2: Cop vs Robber http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/580228/illusie-dreams-do-come-true-2-cop-vs-robber-family-home-and-story
    Sims 3 Dreams Do Come True 3: Shutterbug vs Artiste http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/598390/illusie-dreams-do-come-true-3-shutterbug-vs-artiste-house-family
    Sims 3 Dreams Do Come True 4: Daddy Daycare vs Bosslady http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/605523/illusie-dreams-do-come-true-4-daddy-daycare-vs-boss-lady-house-family
    Sims 4 Dreams Do Come True: Family 1 (20 chapters) http://illusie.weebly.com/dreams-do-come-true/category/all/7

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    Post edited by illusie on
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: Mareviola
    Website/Blog/Channel name: 100 Baby Challenge - Toddlers Edition
    Current site URL: https://mareviola.tumblr.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4
    Update schedule:* at least once a week
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909398/the-sims-4-100-baby-challenge-updated-for-cl-toddlers/p1?new=1
    Disclaimer: (e.g. Preferred reader age or content warnings) (optional)
    Additional information: 100 Baby Challenge
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • LiquidsatinLiquidsatin Posts: 54 Member
    Username:Liquidsatin
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Ponderingsky
    Current site URL:https://ponderingsky.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured:Sims 4
    Update schedule: Weekly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: comments enjoyed will answer on sunday/post day
    Disclaimer: teens and up some very dark subject matter with happy interludes
    Additional information: Stories is under stories button
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

• IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    @mastressalita a belated congrats on the sticky.

And I would like to update that I am returning as of today to my blog again... and I was wondering, do I have to declare a new story when I'm ready to put a new one up on my blog?
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Username: Snoschi
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): Sonschi and the Sims
    Reason for amendment: I closed my legacy challenge without finishing it.

Correct your entry by completing the original form below:*

Username:Sonschi
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Sonschi and the Sims
    Current site URL: https://sonschiblog.wordpress.com/legacy-de-barra/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: no more
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Username: pandabear1836
    Website/Blog/Channel name:*
    Current site URL: My 100 Day CAS Challenge
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Phew, a lot of updates in such a short time! I think the Stickie is working, guys!

Thank you @Noctie , @illusie , @Mareviola , @Liquidsatin , @pandabear1836 , your stories have been added to the index!

@Noctie : Any site I find by an author that isn't on these forums automatically gets put on in the Stories and Legacies Archive (my sister thread) because that author hasn't "registered" their story here (in other words, given written permission for its listing). I do check those on occassion to see their status, but going through the Archive is more of a side project for me, as the Index is my main focus. Likely though, the last time I did an Archive scan, I may have read the date on the most recent post the "American way" since I'm American and that is immediately how my brain thinks -- for example, the most current post up right now says 08/03/2017 which makes my brain think "August 03" (obviously that hasn't happened yet in 2017, but if I did my last scan in 2016, it would've been pretty easy for me to have transposed the dates and mistaken an update for being further in the past that it actually was). That's all a moot point now though, as authors that actually register their stories here at the Stories and Legacies Index go into my Wordpress Reader and I follow their updates so I always know when they update, when they go on hiatus, when they come off of hiatus, etc. I will also make random news announcements for those authors on my nightly newsfeed, so welcome to the forums! Awesome to have one of those "offsite" authors drop by and submit their site!

@SSDSSDSSD2 : Thanks, I'm now subscribed to your update thread here on the forums.

@illusie : The way I catalog the index is by individual URLs, so the stories hosted on the forum have their separate listings with a status of "Completed", just because they aren't actually hosted via Weebly (though the 20 chapter Dreams Do Come True that is on Weebly is on your main entry, since that is where it is located, with a status of "completed" beside it). I put the longer Dreams Do Come True under Completed Sims 4 stories, but put the shorter Sims 3 ones under Short Stories on my Completed Stories compilation lists at the bottom of the index, as well.

@IvoryButterfly : I am subscribed to *every* author that registers their story with the Stories and Legacies Index (unless they do not make automated update notification available to me; some hosts, such as Weebly, don't have this functionality, and then I require a thread here on the forums that they must post on whenever they update to stay informed of their updates. Likewise, posting as "new pages" on Blogger or Wordpress will by-pass the Wordpress Reader or Blogger Reading List that I use to get the notifications and can cause me to not know about new chapters if authors do this instead of using "new post" for their chapters). Since I have these subscriptions, no... you do not! When you go off of hiatus... I already know! I get the new chapter into my Blogger Reading List automatically! And when you start a new story, I will likewise know, as it will go into my Blogger Reading List right after you post it. Following sites and using these tools is extremely handy for the Simlit enthusiast!

The exception to this is if you start a new story on a new website. If you post a new site (a new URL), then I do not have a subscription to that site, and would have no way of knowing about the new story unless an author actually drops by the index and fills out a submission form for it. But if you start your new story on the same Blogspot you are already using (Ivories' Imaginings), then no, you don't.

@Sonschi : I've updated your entry to remove The De Barra Legacy since it is discontinued.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @illusie , who is writing The Keller Family, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 currently on its Sixth House, and Apartment Switch: Hill Family, an Apartment Switch Challenge for Sims 4 at "Illusie's Creative Corner"! Also check out their completed short story series, "Dreams Do Come True" for Sims 3 and Sims 4!
    • @Liquidsatin , who is writing Oakenward, a Cursed Family Legacy for Sims 4 at "Ponderingsky"!
    • @Mareviola , who is writing Castillo Family: 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 4 at the Simblr "100 Baby Challenge - Toddlers Edition"!
    • @Noctie , who is writing As Far As the World Goes, a long-running Sims 3 story that focuses on the Golzine mafia family!

Please check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@pandabear1836 has started a new story, My 100 Day CAS Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @IvoryButterfly for completing Bitter Sweet, a short Sims 4 story! You can check it out in the index listing under "Ivorys' Imaginings"!

Returning Stories:

@IllusoryThrall 's Spectres of the Past has returned with a new part! You can check it out from the index listing under "IllusoryThrall's Sims 3 and 4 Blog"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Latoya and Brielle, a Sims 4 story by @thejennifer which updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Swanson Legacy, a Sims 4 legacy currently in its fifth generation by @MadameLee which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @misfit091376 for completing House Six in Drifter Challenge Redo, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Misfit's Sims"!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Username:Linzz
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Sweets Legacy
    Current site URL: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914233/the-sweets-legacy
    Update schedule:As frequent as I can, so irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc):
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:Yes

• pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Thank you @Linzz , your story has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member

Username:Mallymaks
    Website/Blog/Channel name: MaksPlayground
    Reason for amendment:* (e.g. "change of URL", "site now inactive", "update schedule changed from weekly to monthly", "Add new story to my featured titles", "Please delete my entry from the index", etc.)

Username:Mallymaks
    Website/Blog/Channel name: MaksPlayground
    Current site URL:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFGxABgtCu96O_R_OWe4qqw
    Sims games featured:The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4
    Update schedule:Weekly, sometimes daily.
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: Story news.
    Disclaimer: Mostly PG, some PG-13 due to language.
    Additional information: I have two Sims 3 LetsPlays, as well as ongoing in depth Sims 2 LetsPlay
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form? Yes :smile:
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes :smile:

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index. / No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site. (Please select your preference) (If you would like further clarification about this, please check this post. Anyone who fails to include this will automatically be recorded as selecting "No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site" as their preference.)
    Yes I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the index!
    Thank you @Mallymaks , your site has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    Thank you @Mallymaks , your site has been added to the index!

Thank you so much for reaching out!! It's definitely appreciated <3

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @Linzz , who is writing The Sweets Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @Mallymaks , who has a Sims 2 Let's Play series, The Good Life, and a The Sims Life Stories Let's Play series currently ongoing at "MaksPlayground"! You can also find Sims 3 and Sims 4 content there as well!

Please check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@LostInReverie has started a new story, The Dragon Legacy for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Reverie's Sim Scribbles"!

Returning Stories:

@xoxJennxox 's The Parker Alphabetacy, an Alphabet Legacy Challenge for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Straud Dynasty: The Vampire in the Basement, a Sims 4 Townie Dynasty Challenge by @MVWdeZT which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2017
    Phew, a lot of updates in such a short time! I think the Stickie is working, guys!

Thank you @Noctie , @illusie , @Mareviola , @Liquidsatin , @pandabear1836 , your stories have been added to the index!

@illusie : The way I catalog the index is by individual URLs, so the stories hosted on the forum have their separate listings with a status of "Completed", just because they aren't actually hosted via Weebly (though the 20 chapter Dreams Do Come True that is on Weebly is on your main entry, since that is where it is located, with a status of "completed" beside it). I put the longer Dreams Do Come True under Completed Sims 4 stories, but put the shorter Sims 3 ones under Short Stories on my Completed Stories compilation lists at the bottom of the index, as well.

@mastressalita Thank you for adding my stories and for explaining how you catalog them.
    edited March 2017

New Stories:

@dougsbaby12 has started a new Let's Play series, 100 Baby Challenge: Vamp Edition for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Manda Sim Tales YouTube Channel"!

@Meggles has started a new story, Murkland, a Murkland Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "MeggSims"!

@PrincessSimcess has started a new story, The Ayers Uglacy, an Uglacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Princess Simcess"!

Returning Stories:

@Minx 's Go for the Crown has returned from hiatus! This Sims 3 legacy is currently in its eighth generation! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Eckert Legacy, a Sims 4 Simblr Sims 4 legacy challenge by @desirae333 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "The Home of My Many Sim Dreams..."!

Polls:

@kittycatcali is holding an heir poll for generation eight of Lost Legacy! If you'd like to participate, please check it out here!

Milestones:

Congratulations @kittycatcali for completing Generation Seven of Lost Legacy for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving Golden Plumbob 2017 Awards!
    • @bookloverblue , author of "The Miskin Legacy" @ Blue's Sim Stories for "Best Sims 4 Legacy" and "Best Plot in a Sims 4 Story" (announcement post)
    • @orangeplumbob , author of "Second Chances" for "Best Plot in a Sims 4 Story"
    • @xoxJennxox , author of "The Tart ISBI" for "Best Completed Sims 3 Challenge" and "Most Impressive Win"
    • @xoxJennxox for "Most Prolific Story Completer," "Most Talented Sims Creator," and "Most Jealousy-inducing Graphics"

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited March 2017

New Stories:

@sassytxbrat has started a new story, Toddler Mania, a Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Love My Sims"!

@Sonschi has started a new story, The Bachelorette Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @Sonschi for completing The Bachelor Challenge! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Returning Stories:

@mypalsim1 's A Story With No Title for Sims 3 has returned from hiatus with a new chapter! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Castellon Legacy for Sims 4 by @AkramA which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Features:

@RosemaryMariee has posted an interview with Simsered, author of The Extraordinary Lives of Us: A Differences in the Family Tree Legacy Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out here!

Other News and Reminders:

I am leaving for vacation March 16 - March 20 and will not be able to update the Stories and Legacies Index during that time. I will resume updates after I return, but because of the massive amount of backlog of stories updates to go through after I return, there may be a bit of a delay for a few days after I've returned while I play "catch-up." Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @mastressalita Thank you for mentioning my two challenges :) There will be another one soon, too :D
    Username: Sonschi
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): Sonschi & the Sims
    Reason for amendment: I want to add the link to the thread about my bachelorette challenge and I also have another challenge

Username: Sonschi
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Sonschi & the Sims
    Current site URL:https://sonschiblog.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum:

Additional information: the BNLC follows up on the Bachelor Challenge. That's why I use the same thread for it :)

Sorry, I know it's a bit too complicated what I'm asking you change :/
    @Sonschi : Your entry has been updated, thanks!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited March 2017

New Stories:

@ra3rei has started a new story, Switch, an Apartment Switch Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Raerei's Fortress"!

@RoryPlaysTheSims has started a new Let's Play series, Not So Berry Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rory Plays the Sims"!

@Sonschi has started a new story, Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge for Sims 4, a follow-up of her recently-completed Bachelor Challenge! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @SummerFalls for completing The Hunger Games Mini Edition, a Sims 4 Challenge in Let's Play format! You can check it out from the index listing under "SummerFalls' YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@Pinkfiend1 's A Handful of Beans, a Backwards ISBI for Sims 3 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

@POLLYANNA2 's Disney Princess Legacy Challenge for Sims 4 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "PollyannaSims"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Going Solo: Iron Man, a Going Solo Challenge for Sims 4 by @Vuneca which updated recently! You can find it in the index listing under "Going Solo"!

Check out Incoming Transmition No. 1, a Colony Challenge for Sims 4 by @amberquigley which updated recently! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Rain Tribe, an Amazon Challenge for Sims 4 by @SmallSeven01 which updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing under "SarahLouPlays"!

Check out The Taubl Legacy, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 by @dougsbaby12 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Manda Sim Tales YouTube Channel"!

Check out The Unforgettable Life for Sims 4 by @lmkiture which updated recently! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

You can find this work listed in the index, so please go give it a look!

Congrats @illusie for completing House Six of The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Illusie's Creative Corner"!

Congrats @JordanSimsF for completing Generation Two of The Reed Legacy, a Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sim Out Loud"!

Congrats @Rainydayz179 for completing House Seven of Drifter II, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rainy Dayz Gamez"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

Returning Stories:

@SeaDragonSong 's The Story of Bob Bobson for Sims 4 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Forget-Me-Not, an Ambrosia Challenge for Sims 4 by @RipuAncestor which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @sassytxbrat for completing Generation Four of Babbling Brooks for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Love My Sims"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Dusk and Dawn for Sims 4 by @DreamsInPixels which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out Wallingsford Historical Legacy for Sims 3 by @UniquePuggle which updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

sali_adbanner3.jpg