Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Oooh those stats are intriguing! What reasons are there to decline though?
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    Username: Arrowleaf
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Landon Legacy - a DIFT
    Current site URL: https://thelandonlegacy.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913768/the-landon-legacy-generation-1-prologue-rebooted-on-3-4-2-1#latest
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:yes

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading. <--- I had saved this in a word doc to copy back into my post, and forgot. Sorry about that. :]

This is such an awesome idea. I'm surprised to see Chasing Rainbows on here, as well! Honored! <3 Good job and congrats on the stickie!
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oooh those stats are intriguing! What reasons are there to decline though?

@Julyvee94 : I have no idea. I only know that if I don't send out invites, hardly anyone, of their own accord, just "sees the thread" and will sign up of their own accord (this is very rare when it does happen, I'll be curious to see if being stickied changes this), and when I do send out invites, I only get anywhere from 25% - 50% of a return on those, meaning all the rest I send out, the person simply ignores it, and does not come add their story to the index (after a week to two weeks of time pass, I consider this a "decline" in my stats). Some of these are even what I would call big-name, "bestseller" authors. There is really no disadvantage to being listed, other than the slight inconvenience of the initial five minutes or less it would take the person to drop by the thread and submit their story (something I require as that acts as written consent to have their work listed, and I even have an option on the submission form where they can mark to give me permission to simply add all their future works myself after that, so they never have to do it again). So your guess is as good as mine! Since most of these people just "don't come," but I don't hear anything, I don't really have anything to gauge it off of. I have on occassion heard something back; over a year ago I got a pretty nasty PM back from someone in a certain sub-section of the Simlit community that essentially said stories from said sub-section "didn't belong" in the Index because they had their "own community" and since that message I don't send the invite PMs to anyone that writes for that particular sub-section (I, of course, readily add any stories from anyone in that community that drops by and submits their stories directly to the thread, and at least three people in that community are supporters of the S&LI), and sometimes I get messages from authors saying they "aren't big enough," or their stories aren't "good enough" or things like that and despite me re-explaining exactly what the Index is and it's goals and message, they still can't be swayed.

sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Thank you @amberquigley and @Arrowleaf , your stories have been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @amberquigley , who is writing Incoming Transmition No. 1, a Coloney Challenge for Sims 4!
    • @Arrowleaf , who is writing The Landon Legacy, a Differences in the Family Tree Legacy for Sims 4!

Be sure to drop by and check them out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Delios Legacy for Sims 4 by @Eileen0001 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Cederville Heights Simblr"!

Milestones:

Congrats @Lisey for reaching Generation Two of The Eris Legacy, a Random Legacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing!

Congrats @felblossom for reaching Generation Nine of The Ivey Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Felblossom"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Stories:

@blair2396 has started a new story, The McKnight Expansion Pack Legacy for Sims 3! You can check it out You can check it out from the index listing under "Blair's Sims Blog"!

@IllusoryThrall has started a new story, The Penpal Project for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "IllusoryThrall's Sims 3 and 4 Blog"! This story is part of the Penpal Project, you can check out more about it here!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out A Swift Drift, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 by @mojot89 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    Username: kurdaneva
    Website/Blog/Channel name: orchideous, a sim blog.
    Current site URL: https://orchideousblog.wordpress.com/the-red-hourglass/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Disclaimer: Mature, 18+
    Additional information: The Red Hourglass, a story based off the black widow challenge.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories? No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    Thank you @kurdaneva , your story has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @kurdaneva , who is writing The Red Hourglass, a Black Widow Challenge for Sims 4, and the Penpal Project for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Orchideous"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Life of Lisa for Sims 4 by @belpita which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Username: Waterdragon
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Waterdragonsblog - A kind of sims 3 legacy
    Current site URL: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: weekly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum:
    Disclaimer: perhaps a swear word or two, nothing bad
    Additional information: (e.g. Story titles featured on your site, any other information)
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

Thanks for the invitation @mastressalita! :)
    I´m off now, following a lot of links! :#
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member

Username:* Kairi_Hitomi

Website/Blog/Channel name:* SiMs Stories

Current site URL:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE3a3JNZrW8a-1pjGQHEmDQ

Sims games featured:*The Sims 4

Story news/discussion thread on this forum: N/A

Disclaimer: Preferred reader age : At least thirteen years old or older

Additional information: Story titles featured on your site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Wq7kP06Yo

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes

Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

thank you for the invite @mastressalita , I hope I've done everything right here. =)
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Username: Aeriexo11
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Mon Cherie Sims
    Current site URL: https://thelongroadhomesims4.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: Forum Link
    Additional information: Currently featuring The Long Road Home Victorian/Historical Legacy, and The Wilde Legacy.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    Thank you @Waterdragon , @Kairi_Hitomi , and @Aeriexo11 ! Your stories have been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @Aeriexo11 , who is writing The Long Road Home, a Victorian/Historical Legacy for Sims 4, and The Wilde Legacy for Sims 4 at "Mon Cherie Sims"!
    • @Kairi_Hitomi , who has several Sims 4 machinima including a new series, Snow: Tale of the Ancient Ones, at "SiMs Stories"!
    • @Waterdragon , who is writing the Dust Legacy for Sims 3, which is currently in its seventh generation, at "Waterdragonsblog: A Kind of Sims 3 Legacy"!

Please check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@CathyTea has started a new story, My Digital Life for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology"!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @chealsycat for completing Vampire's Diary: 7 Toddler Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index under "chealsycat's YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@EvermoreRocks Sims 2 video story series Mount Heart returns for a fourth season! You can catch up on previous seasons or check out the fourth season premier from the index listing!

@Fiveme2 's Lady and Tiffanie, a 50 Puppy Challenge for Sims 3 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out in the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Day and Knight, an I'm a Lover Challenge story for Sims 4 currently in its second generation by @pammiechick which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out the Dyer LEPacy Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 3 by @ginnymalfoy22 that has updated recently! You can find it in the index listing under "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!

Check out Miss V Detective for Sims 3 by @Simsophonique which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Simsophonique and the Sims"!

Want Ads / Polls:

@Fiveme2 has a poll for the next canine heir of Lady and Tiffanie, her 50 Puppy Challenge for Sims 3! If you'd like to participate, check it out here

Milestones:

Congrats @AllieMac for completing House Three of The Ramblers, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "The Drifter Challenge by Allie Mac"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    Username: AlwaySimming(g) - someone took my name on here, but im AlwaySimming everywhere else -
    Website/Blog/Channel name: AlwaySimming
    Current site URL: http://alwaysimming.tumblr.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Daily
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    edited March 2017
    (gnjdgjigdj), edited from before
    Post edited by SSDSSDSSD2 on
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @chealsycat for completing Vampire's Diary: 7 Toddler Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index under "chealsycat's YouTube Channel"!

Thank you, Mastress Alita! <3
    @SSDSSDSSD2 : Please read the opening post of this thread. There is a submission form listed there to post to this thread, filled out with the appropriate information for your story site if you would like to submit your story to the Stories and Legacies Index. Simply posting your link to the thread is not valid for submission.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @SSDSSDSSD2 : Please read the opening post of this thread. There is a submission form listed there to post to this thread, filled out with the appropriate information for your story site if you would like to submit your story to the Stories and Legacies Index. Simply posting your link to the thread is not valid for submission.

Thanks, I apologize.
    edited March 2017
    New Entry Form: (to be posted on this thread!)[/b]
    * denotes a mandatory field

Username:* SSDSSDSSD2
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* Sims 4 stories, (more than one)
    Current site URL:* Sims4stories4.weebly.com
    Sims games featured:* (e.g. The Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4; expansions are not necessary!) Sims 4
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed) Bi-Weekly, Weekly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/914170/story-blog#latest (optional)
    Disclaimer: (e.g. Preferred reader age or content warnings) (optional) Recommend pg-13 and up, no adult content, but themes may be somewhat teenager like.
    Additional information: (e.g. Story titles featured on your site, any other information) (optional) More than one story
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index. /
    Post edited by SSDSSDSSD2 on
    Thank you @alwaysimmingg and @SSDSSDSSD2 , your stories have been added to the index!

@SSDSSDSSD2 , Weebly doesn't have a subscription service to keep informed of updates like other hosts. Do you have a thread on this forum where you always post a notification when you post a new chapter? I like to have something I can subscribe to so I can follow updates for everyone that registers with the Stories and Legacies Index.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

• @alwaysimmingg , who is writing The Day Legacy, an I'm a Lover Challenge for Sims 4 at "AlwaySimming"!
    • @SSDSSDSSD2 , who is writing Fateh-Ajit Story and Nusah Martinez Story for Sims 4 at "My Sims 4 Stories"!

Please check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@kurdaneva has started a new story, 100 Babies, a 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Orchideous"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Chain Reaction, a Sims 4 legacy story currently in its second generation by @mypalsim1 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Random Simming"!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • NoctieNoctie Posts: 2 New Member
    Username: Nocturnal Azure
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): As Far As The World Goes
    Reason for amendment: Site active (currently in the archive section... ;_;)
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:

Username: Nocturnal Azure
    Website/Blog/Channel name: As Far As The World Goes
    Current site URL: sims3afatwg.wordpress.com
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.