Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Children of the Cowplant Challenge!

SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
Hi guys! I'm Emily, my name on Sims and YouTube is Snowie. Today I have something I have been working on for a while now, which is a challenge designed to explore everything that the Sims 4 has to offer! You can find my LP of this challenge on my YouTube channel if you're interested in watching the gameplay. Please leave comments about your thoughts on this challenge, if you decide to try it, and how your playthrough of it is going! :)

3uaZCbQ.png

You stumble in the darkness of unlit streets, your body aching and your stomach growling ravenously. You can't remember where you are, or how you got here, but you know that something bad will happen if you don't get food soon. For what seems like hours you take slow, shaky steps in the darkness, with only the moon's faint glow to provide guidance. In the distance, you begin to hear soothing, low bell tones. Following your ears, you move toward the bell. As the noise gets louder, a shape begins to appear in the distance. Your mind still fuzzy, you cannot recognize the shape, but soon your nose picks up the scent of something sweet, and your stomach tightens as your mouth waters at the thought of food. Moving more quickly, you follow your senses until you see, just in front of you, a slice of cake. Behind the cake is some sort of shape, still unrecognizable in the dark. The sound of the bell beats in your mind like a drum. I'll just take one bite, you think to yourself, grabbing the slice of cake greedily. Without warning, the slice of cake pulls you violently forward, and with wide eyes and grim realization you recognize the large, gnarled teeth of a Cowplant. The Cowplant's ferocious strength pulls you into an even darker, slimy abyss. You struggle and cry for help, but all you can hear is the muffled cow bell and the sound of someone laughing... a child's laughter...

The Sims 4: Children of the Cowplant Challenge

“It may have resulted in the death of another Sim, but gosh does it taste delicious.” -The Sims 4
Hello! And welcome to the Children of the Cowplant Challenge! This is an immortal-style challenge where you will be playing one Sim, who has pledged their life to the Cowplant in return for immortality.

I will give credit to the creator of the Four Immortal Sisters Challenge for the initial idea of immortality through the Cowplant. http://modthesims.info/t/536897

Watch the Preview and Introduction video for this challenge here: https://youtu.be/ONApLyKRGbE

If you create any lots or households for this challenge, feel free to upload them to the gallery under #CowplantKids!

Challenge-wide rules:
-Cheats and mods that affect gameplay are not allowed unless you are instructed to use one, except to fix bugs and reset stuck Sims.
-If your Cowplant dies, you lose the challenge!
-If your Sim dies, you lose the challenge!
-Sim lifespan may not be set to long.
-Aspirations must be completed before they can be changed.
-Once the main goals for a stage are completed, you may not use any more essences of life and should age into the next stage naturally. You may use a birthday cake if you wish, but cannot use it until the main goals for that stage are complete.
-All victims' graves should be kept on the home lot or in a public graveyard. They cannot be destroyed, but spirits may be released to the netherworld if you so desire.

This challenge is split into three stages:
1. Galactic Wonderchild
2. Tasty Teens
3. Essence of Youth

Getting started:
-Go into Create A Sim and create your child of the Cowplant. Remember you will have this Sim for the duration of the challenge, so make sure they're exactly how you want them! You may create more than one child if you want, but you must then have two Cowplants and each child must complete the goals individually.
-Set your Sim to the Child life stage.
-Create a caretaker for your Sim. They can be related or just roommates, but should be a young adult.
-Once your household is complete, move your Sims into an empty lot. You can use any lot you would like, and can move out later in the challenge if you want to.
-Set your household funds to $14,000. (Do this by opening the cheat bar ctrl+shift+c and typing “testingcheats on” then “money 14000” and finally “testingcheats off”)
-Build your house as you see fit, I built two separate houses—one for the caretaker and one for my Sim. All build mode cheats are restricted, except for the move objects cheat.

Stage 1: Galactic Wonderchild

Main goals: Complete the Whiz Kid, Social Butterfly, Rambunctious Scamp, and Artistic Prodigy aspirations, and grow a Cowplant.

Secondary goals:
-Socialize with your Cowplant 30 times.
-Reach level 10 in an adult skill.
-Witness a Sim being killed by the Cowplant.
-Become friends with the Grim Reaper.
Upon completing these secondary goals, you are allowed to add $5,000 to your household funds. Do this by using the money cheat or typing into the cheat bar: “sims.modify_funds +5000”.

Roles:
-The role of your caretaker is to grow and take care of the Cowplant. It is also their duty to find and feed victims to the Cowplant (Children cannot grow or milk the Cowplant in this life stage). It is up to you if they get a job or how they go about their day. They are there to take care of the Cowplant and your Sim, and to help your Sim with any aspiration requirements.
-The role of your Sim is to achieve the goals listed above. They are to continue using essences of life milked from the Cowplant until the main goals are completed.

Stage 1 Rules:
-Any victims moved into the household cannot bring in money or objects. Use cheats to remove any money brought into the household.
-Your caretaker can not die in this stage, even if there is another adult in the household to take his/her place.
-If your child Sim is taken away by Social Services, you lose the challenge!
-Child Sims can be taken away due to hunger, if there are no adults or teens left in the household, or if their grades are too low.
-It is your choice to send your Sim to school or not, just remember that if they are failing they could be taken away by Social Services.

Stage 2: Tasty Teens

Main goals: Complete the Chief of Mischief, Party Animal, and Nerd Brain aspirations.

Secondary goals:
-Achieve and keep an “A” grade in High School.
-Reach level three in two part-time careers.
-Become good friends with the Grim Reaper.
-Feed your best friend to the Cowplant.
Upon completing these secondary goals, add any non-reward trait to your Sim. (Non-reward traits are traits that are available in CAS, not traits achieved through aspirations or aspiration points.) Do this by typing into the cheat bar: “traits.equip_trait (trait name, all lowercase with no spaces)”.

Roles:
-Your caretaker's usefulness is, shall we say, at an end. Once your Sim ages into a teenager, sacrifice the caretaker to the Cowplant.
-Now on their own, your Sim will be taking care of all their needs as well as bringing in money, while completing the main goals of this stage. They will also feed and find victims for the Cowplant.

Stage 2 Rules:
-Any victims moved into the household cannot bring in money or objects. Use cheats to remove any money brought into the household.
-Your Sim may have a part-time job, but it is not required.
-Your Sim may go to High School, but it is not required.

Stage 3: Essence of Youth

Main goals: Complete all aspirations, reach the highest level in every career path, and reach level 10 in all skills. Note: If you have expansion/game/stuff packs, you may have more aspirations/careers/skills. This challenge is based off of the base game and therefore you are not required to include these extra aspriations, careers, and skills in the main goals, but you may do so if you wish.

Secondary Goals:
-Feed 3 spouses to the Cowplant.
-Complete three collections.
-Earn a gold rating on every type of party.
-Become best friends with the Grim Reaper.
Upon completing these secondary goals, add $20,000 to your household funds and any non-reward trait to your Sim. (Non-reward traits are traits that are available in CAS, not traits achieved through aspirations or aspiration points.) Do this by typing into the cheat bar: “traits.equip_trait (trait name, all lowercase with no spaces)”.

Roles:
-Your Sim's role in this stage is to complete all main goals, and to feed and find victims for the Cowplant.
-Your Sim's spouses are there to assist in completing aspirations (getting married, having children, etc.). Any aspirations, careers, or skills that a spouse completes does not count toward the main goals. Spouses may be fed to the Cowplant.
-Your Sim's children are there to assist in completing aspirations. Any aspirations, careers, or skills that children complete do not count toward the main goals. Children may be fed to the Cowplant. Children may be used to restart the challenge once your Sim has completed the main goals, if you so desire.

Stage 3 Rules:

-Children and spouses cannot contribute to any main goals or secondary goals of the challenge.
-Your Sim is allowed to age up naturally at any point during this stage, but you will still lose the challenge if your Sim dies of old age before completing all the main goals.
-Spouses moved into the household cannot bring in money or objects. Use cheats to remove any money brought into the household.

Growing and caring for a Cowplant:

1. Find or create a Cowplant berry.
-Cowplant berries can be caught while fishing in hidden areas, and the pond behind the park in Oasis Springs (near the entrance to the hidden grotto).
-Cowplant berries can be created through grafting snapdragon and dragonfruit.
2. Feed your Cowplant to keep it alive.
-Cowplants must be fed often to be kept alive.
-You know Cowplants are hungry when their “cake tongue” appears. At this point, a non-child Sim must either feed the Cowplant or eat the cake, which will result in them being eaten by the Cowplant.
-Cowplants will die if not fed within 8-10 hours of showing their “cake tongue”.
3. Feed Sims to the Cowplant to get essences of emotion/life.
-The first time a Sim is eaten by a Cowplant, they will be spat back out.
-When the Cowplant spits out a Sim, it can be milked for an essence of whatever mood the Sim was in at the time they were eaten.
-After a Sim is eaten by the Cowplant, they get a 24-hour +1 Uncomfortable moodlet titled “Drained”.
-Sims will only be killed by the Cowplant if they have the Drained moodlet. Once the Cowplant kills a Sim, it can be milked for the essence of that Sim's life.
-When drank, essences of life will set the Sim's life counter back to the beginning of their life stage.
-You can feed victims to the Cowplant by befriending them and adding them to the household, or by trapping victims in an area with the Cowplant (Caution: when using this method do not travel anywhere with your Sim, as the victim will be gone when you get back).
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
Post edited by Snowie on

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Check out the first episode of my Let's Play for this challenge!
    https://youtu.be/dn2lj61BoA8
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Sounds interesting! I'll give it a shot once I'm finished my legacy :)
    @Julyvee94 @XSimMimX
    Thanks for trying my challenge! Feel free to keep us updated on how the challenge is going on this page :)
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited November 2015
    ewright9 wrote: »
    Check out the first episode of my Let's Play for this challenge!
    https://youtu.be/dn2lj61BoA8

Very nice to watch this untill I can give it a try! (Currently still busy with the 100 baby challenger). I subbed you, and would love to see more videos for this!

Edit: Instead of moving someone in with the household, can't you just lock them in a fenced area with the cowplant and have a lock on the door that your household can go through but the guest can not? They will take the bait (the cake) because they are hungry, and its not cheating! :evil: And you wont have to worry about taking away money they bring in! Also can we have more then one cowplant?
    @AlHollandiyah Thanks for the sub! I'm planning to release a new episode for this challenge every Tuesday.

In regards to luring the victims into the cowplant's trap, you could definitely fence them in... in theory. I know there at least used to be an issue with Sims who were trapped on the lot refusing to fill their basic needs (food, toilet, sleep, etc.) I honestly don't know if this issue is still in place, or if it even applies to the cowplant as it isn't really food and doesn't fill their hunger need. When I did my first playthrough of this challenge, it was before locks were a thing, so I figured it would be easiest to just move them in and cheat the money out. I'll do some testing of this though and get back to you, and update the OP as needed.
    It wouldn't be that hard to make the garden with the cowplant a fenced off area with only access from the house. You could lock the door to 'current family only' as soon as the bait has walked through. For good measures you could make them a little shed with a bed and a bathroom but no access to food, so they will eat the cake as soon as it's offered to them.... Also, what if I would like to play the challenge with 2 kids and 2 cowplants? Would that be allowed? I find it gives a bit more diversity then having 1 main sim all the time....
    @AlHollandiyah Like I said with the cowplant, I'm not sure if trapped Sims will actually eat it if they aren't part of the household, I'll do some testing today or tomorrow.

Having more than one kid to play with is definitely an awesome suggestion! It could have an affect on how much money you start with, though, so if you want to go ahead and try it as is, with two kids, and let me know if you can make functional living spaces for everyone, that would be great! For now, aim for two of everything as far as achievements go--as in you have to complete all aspirations with both children, they can't share the job. (For example, you can't have one child complete two aspirations and the other child complete the other two and have that count as completing the main goals.) And two cowplants, two beds, etc... one caretaker should be plenty though.
    That is exactly what I meant, having 2 kids that BOTH need to complete everything. As far as furniture and stuff goes, you can very well make one living space with double beds and have them do different aspirations, or focus your furniture on just one that they are both doing untill you can afford the other stuff. Also it might help living next to a play ground so they can climb and do stuff there!
    edited November 2015
    @AlHollandiyah Ok! I did some testing, and here's what I found. You can effectively trap Sims with the cowplant and they will eat the cake. However, if you leave your lot (travel to a community lot or active workplace), the trapped Sim will disappear when you get back. You can save and exit the game and the trapped Sim will still be there when you load your game. If you use this method, your victims will usually be uncomfortable when first eaten by the cowplant, which will result in essences of discomfort instead of something useful.

In short: You can trap victims with the cowplant and kill them with it, as long as you don't travel somewhere with your Sim while the victim is trapped.

Edit: I added a point under "Feed Sims to the Cowplant to get essences of emotion/life" section detailing two methods of feeding victims to the cowplant.
    So if I understand correctly, the 1st time they are eaten you can milk the cowplant for something useless, but the 2nd time they are eaten and killed it works just as supposed? So if you want something usefull from the first time too, you need to add them to your household!

Another question (sorry, really 0 experience) how often do you need to milk the cowplant for the challenge? Does each milking give you a potion of youth?
    @AlHollandiyah
    Ok the cowplant works like this: If a Sim eats the cake while they have the "drained" moodlet, they will be killed by the cowplant and the cowplant can then be milked for an essence of life. If a Sim eats the cake while they do not have the "drained" moodlet, they will be eaten and spat back out, and the cowplant can then be milked for an essence of whatever mood the Sim was in at the time they were eaten. This will also give the Sim that was spat back out a +1 uncomfortable moodlet titled "drained".

The cowplant can only be milked after it has eaten someone, whether they were spat back out or not doesn't have an affect on this. I will have to check, but I believe if you do not milk the cowplant and it eats a Sim while its udder is full, the new essence will fill the udder and the old will simply disappear.

In regards to how often you need to milk the cowplant for the challenge, you only NEED to kill a Sim and milk the cowplant once every few Sim weeks--when your Sim is about to age into the next life stage. This will vary depending on what lifespan you choose, and how long it takes you to complete the main goals of the challenge. You are more than welcome to kill a bunch of Sims whenever you want, and collect essences of emotion and essences of life.

The essences that you get from the cowplant are determined by this: First time a Sim is eaten (if they are eaten while they do not have the "drained" moodlet), the cowplant will be milked for an essence of whatever emotion they were feeling at the time (essence of confidence, inspiration, anger, discomfort, etc). If you simply trap random Sims with the cowplant and wait for them to eat the cake, the Sim will likely be uncomfortable since they are trapped there (this might not be the case if you provided basic necessities such as a toilet, shower, and bed, and filled the area with mood-influencing objects such as the plum bob lights, emotion paintings, or mounted fish). The second time a Sim is eaten (if they are eaten while they do have the "drained" moodlet), they will be killed and the grim reaper will appear to harvest their soul. After the Sim is eaten, you can milk the cowplant for an essence of life. These essences, both life and emotion, do not get old or bad quality, so you can store them indefinitely without any negative affects on your Sim once they are consumed. However, Sims will occasionally drink them if they aren't doing anything else--it's like when Sims go grab a drink from the fridge or wash their hands.

So, hopefully that answers your questions :)
    Thanks thats very clear! If you don't need to store them in a fridge how about setting them down on a table or putting them into the new chest and then locking the door so they can't reach it. Make a little closed cabinet of sorts. Then if you need one you can put it within their reach yourself.
    @AlHollandiyah Yep that would work :) You can also put them on shelves and just have a whole hallway of essences, maybe in the basement :p
  • Wow, this looks like a really interesting challenge! I'm going to have to try it soon! :)
    Hi there! I'm Nimbob! Happy simming!
    Check out my challenge, The Colour Challenge!
    tumblr_mfqldwCXLb1rqw994o3_250.gif
    @NimbobTheMarshmallow Thanks! Feel free to keep us updated on your progress on this thread! :)
    Happy Tuesday! Find episode 2 of this challenge here:
    https://youtu.be/FZ6JvObuM9s
    Here's the third episode of my Let's Play of this challenge!
    https://youtu.be/Uj_KcZ5q2LU
    Hey another question.... at the first stage at the secondary goals it says "-Reach level 10 in an adult skill." I tried to do this with 1 of my 100 Baby Challenge kids, but I only get points for child skills. Can you tell me what adult skills kids can actually achieve? Thanks!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @AlHollandiyah - Maybe they can do fishing or writing?
    I'll test that in my 100 baby save tonight. Thusfar all adult skills I tried went into 1 of the 4 child skills. Maybe it isn't possible to get adult skillpoints as a kid....
    Rawla wrote: »

Writing isn't there, just typewriting, which goes into the child's Motor skill, and fishing goes into the Mental skill. I think you have to rewrite that goal, as obviously a child can't achieve any adult skill!

• KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I'll test that in my 100 baby save tonight. Thusfar all adult skills I tried went into 1 of the 4 child skills. Maybe it isn't possible to get adult skillpoints as a kid....
    Rawla wrote: »

Writing isn't there, just typewriting, which goes into the child's Motor skill, and fishing goes into the Mental skill. I think you have to rewrite that goal, as obviously a child can't achieve any adult skill!

Correct, children cannot gain adult skills. The first chance a sim has to gain adult skills is as a teen.
    Also, I was wondering why you choose to set the money specifically to 14000, just curiosity! I'm most likely going to start this challenge next, and I'm going to make a list of everything I need to achieve with them before I start. I will also set a goal to get all rewardshop traits for my sims! As for having 2 cowplant kids, I decided that I'm having a boy/girl twin to spice the challenge up a bit, and have them work on every goal together, and not move on untill they both got it!
    I've started my Children Of The Cowplant Challenge! I'm going to play a version thats a bit tweaked to how I'd like to play it! I set up a blog topic for this challenge, starting with a big shout out to you, the original creater, and then the rules I'm playing by and goals that I need to achieve! The biggest change is that I'm playing it with a set of twins that need to achieve every goal together as a unit, but theres more to it!

I'd like to introduce my Cowplant Family!

First of all the Twins, Wendell and Wednesday:

DdbPNjA.png

And their Caretaker Willow:

SS7tFgj.png