Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Tips?

Hi! Ok so I am literally redownloading the sims 3 game after my last one broke and I have a new laptop, including the expansion late night and supernatural, does anyone have any tips or things I need to know in playing the supernatural expansion? I am super excited!

S91Echo.gif?1

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The alchemy skill has a few really nice elixirs. I use the Invigorating and Potent Invigorating ones most often, especially when traveling to World Adventure destinations.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Whenever I see a "Tips for Supernatural" topic, I just got to put in this huge tip -

This is an ultra-important tip:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go on a date with Bonehilda!

There's a glitch where she will call your Sim's cell and ask to go on a date. Always say "No"! If you go on a date with her, your game WILL freeze up! You will NOT be able to interact with your Sims if you go out with her! You can't interact with her anyway (I've done this before) so don't try it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    Whenever I see a "Tips for Supernatural" topic, I just got to put in this huge tip -

This is an ultra-important tip:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go on a date with Bonehilda!

There's a glitch where she will call your Sim's cell and ask to go on a date. Always say "No"! If you go on a date with her, your game WILL freeze up! You will NOT be able to interact with your Sims if you go out with her! You can't interact with her anyway (I've done this before) so don't try it!

oh ok thanks lol

S91Echo.gif?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Vampires learn quicker than any other supernatural and humans..They can eat plasma fruit and they can drink from the fridge Plasma juice/ Orange or normal.

Werewolves can eat raw meet...

If you make enough life happiness points your Witch can cast spells with her hands alone - no more magic wand.

I have not played Fairies enough, what else is there?....Hummm..

That's a 'lil of what I know...
  • twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    If you want to do something about Zombies without mods, either have a Fairy in the household so others can Ask For Fairy Dust to use on zombies, set the lunar cycle on 1 phase besides Full Moon, or if you want Zombies but have a garden the zombies will eat your plants, so what I do is, on the day of the Full Moon, delete the gate so nobody can get in. Put it back when the Zombies are all gone.
    Vampires learn quicker than any other supernatural and humans..They can eat plasma fruit and they can drink from the fridge Plasma juice/ Orange or normal.

Werewolves can eat raw meet...

If you make enough life happiness points your Witch can cast spells with her hands alone - no more magic wand.

I have not played Fairies enough, what else is there?....Hummm..

That's a 'lil of what I know...

Thank you :)

S91Echo.gif?1
    If you want to do something about Zombies without mods, either have a Fairy in the household so others can Ask For Fairy Dust to use on zombies, set the lunar cycle on 1 phase besides Full Moon, or if you want Zombies but have a garden the zombies will eat your plants, so what I do is, on the day of the Full Moon, delete the gate so nobody can get in. Put it back when the Zombies are all gone.

Oh ok thanks :)

S91Echo.gif?1
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    The witch is a huge game time saver.
    Once your witch advances in magic ... They can cast a plethora of "charms".
    Charms make eating and other things obsolete ... You can build a house without a kitchen or a bathroom.
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • RanAkkiRanAkki Posts: 5 New Member
    The zombies attack your garden so be sure to have it enclosed in a gate. You don't have to delete the gate every full moon, just set it to where only your sim(s) can open it. Zombies will 'spawn' outside of it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    RanAkki wrote: »
    The zombies attack your garden so be sure to have it enclosed in a gate. You don't have to delete the gate every full moon, just set it to where only your sim(s) can open it. Zombies will 'spawn' outside of it.

Not necessarily! I have had zombies spawn inside a fence. The safest way to keep plants from zombies is in planters, indoors. Since fruit trees can't be in planters, these will still be vulnerable.

The Cure Elixir will revert zombies to normal, as will fairy dust, but once a zombie starts attacking a plant you will not be able to interrupt the action. The ResetSim cheat will however work.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    RanAkki wrote: »

Not necessarily! I have had zombies spawn inside a fence. The safest way to keep plants from zombies is in planters, indoors. Since fruit trees can't be in planters, these will still be vulnerable.

The Cure Elixir will revert zombies to normal, as will fairy dust, but once a zombie starts attacking a plant you will not be able to interrupt the action. The ResetSim cheat will however work.

Fruit trees can be planted in planters that are in a greenhouse.
    The "Sunlight Charm" a witch can cast also turns Zombies back into themselves.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    Fountain of Youth elixirs are super nice to have, they're basically just Young Again potions without the use of all that lifetime happiness.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    I've puzzled over the zombie spawning question for a while and have a theory that I haven't been able to completely verify (anecdotal evidence and all that)

Zombies will not spawn inside of fenced-in areas if the lot fits a few requirements. The most important seems to be an area outside the fence where they can spawn (don't be building that fence at the edge of the lot and connecting it to the house). They seem to prefer to spawn somewhere near the house's foundation, so an area without landscaping that has a clear path to the street and/or the front door seems to get the priority as a spawn point. When I've had zombies spawn inside my garden area, it has been because I didn't leave any other place for the spawn to happen.

There are mods that will stop zombie spawning entirely (or close to it), but without resorting to mods the simplest way I've found is to give someone in the active household the Mystic Healer LTW. As soon as you need zombies to spawn, they stop spawning. Without that LTW, I've dealt with zombie spawns by either stocking lots of Cure potions or using MC Cheats to make them "go home" right after they spawn.

Fairies are interesting. Fairies + Stereos = bad juju (every time you turn around they'll be dancing). Fairies + Long/Epic game is a problem. Likely the same for vampires and long/epic games, but I don't play vampires. Fairy + Green Thumb is a wasted trait, but Fairy + Super Green Thumb is a quick ticket to the Perfect Garden LTW, especially if you can make/stock up on magic-replenishing elixirs. SGT lets you plant better quality than the seed and harvest better quality than the plant. Combine it with Bloom and you can get one or two Perfect plants per day if your magic holds up. Fairy tricks are fun. Non-fairies often take offense at them, but other fairies tend to get a kick out of being tricked.

Witches make for decent gardeners and alchemists. The transformation ritual is a good way to get those Rare and Special seeds if you have the patience to keep casting it until something decent shows up. I'm not a big fan of Toadification as the affected Sim will normally not do anything to get rid of it, so it tends to be permanent unless you cure it yourself. But the other curses are fun to use on Sims who go out of their way to annoy you. The various charms are fun to use when you're doing social interactions and the other Sim starts complaining about being hungry or needing to go to the bathroom. The Restoration spell cleans the various things that need to be cleaned, but doesn't do anything for stuff like making beds. And once you hit Level 10 in spellcasting, you can resurrect Sims that have died. It turns them into zombies, which can then be cured with the Sunlight charm or a Cure Potion.

All in all, SN is just plain fun if you're into that kind of thing.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Not a tip, but watching a toddler witch play with toys is beyond adorable!
  • AriesVePirasAriesVePiras Posts: 104 Member

In my Supernatural games, it has never mattered where I put the fence or the gate, they would actually just spawn in the garden, and I've seen some go through the gate, the rats! So, I stumbled upon another solution that actually works for me. I go to build and I choose a half wall, I "wall" in a section I choose as my garden, but instead of a gate, I put one full size panel of wall amongst the half walls, and just put a door in that spot. You have to use wallpaper or your sim complains, but I've never had a zombie interfere with my garden since I started doing this.
  • 11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
    In my Supernatural games, it has never mattered where I put the fence or the gate, they would actually just spawn in the garden, and I've seen some go through the gate, the rats! So, I stumbled upon another solution that actually works for me. I go to build and I choose a half wall, I "wall" in a section I choose as my garden, but instead of a gate, I put one full size panel of wall amongst the half walls, and just put a door in that spot. You have to use wallpaper or your sim complains, but I've never had a zombie interfere with my garden since I started doing this.

Doesn't the option work where you click the gate and specify that only household members can enter? That did it for me.

Errr a tip... If you're going to play werewolves and you want them to age normally, turn them back into their human form now and then because at the end of a life stage, they won't age if they're in their wolf form. This caused my wolves to live way longer than other sims with a regular lifespan.
    You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
    Wishlist: here.
  • 11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
    Another one if you want your vampires to live: if a vampire is badly burnt (which lasts for 2 days), their thirst bar will deplete faster and when they get very thirsty, the 24 hour red moodlet will not count down in hours but in minutes.
    You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
    Wishlist: here.