Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to Download/Install Hidden Springs and Monte Vista bundle

amadeusgirlamadeusgirl Posts: 1 New Member
I bought the world bundle for Hidden Springs and Monte Vista in April, and have not been able to play either world once. The games were purchased from Walmart as download codes. I contacted EA's help chat. They weren't helpful. I searched forums and google for solutions. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything Origin and Sim related countless times. I even bought the bundle again which I instantly regretted. I'm using a new PC. Since using the new PC, I haven't been able to install Sims 3 custom content either.

I'm considering uninstalling everything again and resetting my entire PC. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    You can download the worlds via the Sims 3 site.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Get back on live chat and find someone who is helpful. I had to take a picture of my disc and code paper to prove that I had legit ones that I didn't buy through Origin before they would believe me and give me a code that did work.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I bought the world bundle for Hidden Springs and Monte Vista in April, and have not been able to play either world once. The games were purchased from Walmart as download codes. I contacted EA's help chat. They weren't helpful. I searched forums and google for solutions. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything Origin and Sim related countless times. I even bought the bundle again which I instantly regretted. I'm using a new PC. Since using the new PC, I haven't been able to install Sims 3 custom content either.

I'm considering uninstalling everything again and resetting my entire PC. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

What exactly is the problem? You didn't really say. Did the Sims 3 Store My Account page not accept the codes? Are the worlds in your Store Purchase History? Have you ever bought any other Store content? Does that download properly? Are the worlds not downloading to your computer at all? Or do they download but the Launcher not install them? Have you tried another browser? Checked for browser extensions/add-ons that might interfere the EA Store (for a while I couldn't complete purchases of simpoints using Firefox and had to use Chrome or Opera to do so)? Have you patched your game? Have you tried updating with the superpatch?

It is difficult to really know what to suggest with so little to go on. I purchased the World Bundle online through Origin. I got an email with 2 codes. I entered them on the Sims 3 Store My Account page. The worlds showed up in my purchase history. I haven't had any problems downloading or installing them. When I click to download them the Launcher comes up and you can see the download. I'd prefer to download the files manually, but it works well enough. I currently use Firefox.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Another possibility is using the code in the wrong place. You have to be careful to enter the code into the correct location. There are two different types of codes you can enter. They are different lengths. You need to be sure you don't put the shorter code into the space for the longer code when redeeming a code. If you do this the code will be used but you won't get the game.

https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

Did you log into your account to redeem the code? This is your Sims 3 Store account.

Or did you try to use it in the place you redeem a code to register a game. It requires a longer code.

I'd check these things out and be sure you remember what you did and then go back to Customer Support before doing any more with the codes.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Did the Sims 3 Store My Account page not accept the codes? Yes "My Acct/Redeem Code" did accept the code I entered

Are the worlds in your Store Purchase History? No

Have you ever bought any other Store content? Yes

I'm having the same issue w/HS. I bought the game, installed the key code in the proper place and if I try again, it gives me an error msg that this code is already used. Yes, it was b/c I entered it, lol. However, HS is NOT in my purchase history and I cannot d/l it. I was credited 500 sim points, but the world costs 2000 points! Now what?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    Did the Sims 3 Store My Account page not accept the codes? Yes "My Acct/Redeem Code" did accept the code I entered

Are the worlds in your Store Purchase History? No

Have you ever bought any other Store content? Yes

I'm having the same issue w/HS. I bought the game, installed the key code in the proper place and if I try again, it gives me an error msg that this code is already used. Yes, it was b/c I entered it, lol. However, HS is NOT in my purchase history and I cannot d/l it. I was credited 500 sim points, but the world costs 2000 points! Now what?

You'll have to contact EA Help and ask why the worlds are not showing up in your Store purchase history (which would be on the old TS3 site, Store>My Store Account>Purchase History). You should be able to download HS from its Store page, but that doesn't work with MV (for me, at least). I have to download MV from my Store purchase history.

Anyways, EA Help chat helped resolve an issue I had downloading the Showtime registration rewards by giving me a new Showtime code to register (I had bought the EP from Origin). Hopefully you have an equally good experience if you choose that option again.